Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Whoops haven't posted on here in awhile.

Basically development has slowed to a crawl, as I can't dedicate the time to working on this because of school requiring almost all of my attention, and I don't want to rush working on it and end up with some half-baked shit product.

Hopefully after my finals are done and recovered from I'll be able to kick working on this back into high gear.

Sorry to anybody who was waiting for more news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow I suck at updates

Chapter 2 of the demo is redone, 3 is started but not near done, plus there are other issues I need to figure out before I can say it's done to where it was in fe7.

But that's going to have to wait because I have an exam every week until the 19th

me:

9T1kgIr.gif

Sorry about the lack of good news, but I'm going to get this all done when I can/get everything sorted out.

The idea was brought to me from one of my testers and I figured I'd put it here to get more opinions on it.

The suggestion was only use earth seals for promotion items, so no knight crests or hero seals or any of that.

It seems like a good idea to me, but I'm not the one who's going to be playing it in the end so I figured I'd ask it here to get a better feeling for the general opinion on this thing.

It works either way. Which seems to mean that they are both good, but actually means that Master Seals only is better, since the distinction in promotional items adds nothing to the game. I'd personally split just in Master Seal + Heaven Seal if your lords don't all promote via events + Second Seal/Secret Seal/Whatever Seal if you add reclassing

Just Earth/Master seals it is then!

And uh, have a look at these mugs that the art team's worked on:

Regina:

8cDmXx4.png

Nero:

i989Vhr.png

New Seneca vs Old Seneca:

MaPLllY.pngtObuDvW.png

New mug for Eagle:

G4ib3ax.png

Sebastian:

cgNLC2E.png

And our twin bosses (Linus and Lloyd style twins, not weird bandit style twins):

Berg:

EeojzYF.png

Stein:

UzPGLHR.png

• 2 weeks later...

So the FE8 version of the demo is "done"

Link to v0.91

I wanted feedback for how to improve it before I started working on further chapters, because I'm weird and want it good before I can move on.

KNOWN ISSUES:

The post chapter 1 event with hayden is still there, haven't figured out how to remove it yet

The world map still shows up before ch3

The conditional check for if Marques is alive at the end of 3 isn't working and always runs like he did

Belle's animation is broken for some reason

So yeah, let me know if anything isn't working right/needs fine tuning!

Also, one issue I forgot to mention:

Chapter names aren't updated yet because I still haven't figured out how to make them not look like shit

Edited by InvdrZim13

Minor updates, nothing warranting a new version (yet):

World map now correctly skips between chapters

Circles figured out where the stuff for the post chapter 1 stuff is and I'm trying to remove that without breaking stuff

Oh, and chapter titles are actually in now

Edited by InvdrZim13

This game is influenced by Mistborn at all?

I'm not familiar with Mistborn, but I'm not sure if the head writer drew inspiration from anything when he started doing the worldbuilding/plot stuff.

Okay so I think I've gotten things more finalized and now can actually call the demo done.

Staff of Ages Demo

Changelog (because I'm too lazy to include one with the patch):

• Chapter 1 now properly goes to chapter 2 without the world map stuff inbetween

• Rebalancing for some units

• Ch3 rebalance (Darius better be careful)

• Marques and Reece have their actual mugs now

• Bugfixes galore

Thanks, I think?

I don't know the reasoning for why those names were chosen though

Well in Norwegian (and I think German too), "Stein" means "Rock", while "Berg" means "Mountain". Both words are also used as names, which makes it feel more "natural" than say, Pain and Agony from FE10.

Edited by VmmVaa

Well in Norwegian (and I think German too), "Stein" means "Rock", while "Berg" means "Mountain". Both words are also used as names, which makes it feel more "natural" than say, Pain and Agony from FE10.

Oh got it.

I feel the need to reiterate that they're twins a la linus and lloyd and not like Jasmine and Paul

Really happy with how far you've brought this :3

Keep it up~

Thanks!

I swear I'm going to actually get past working on the first 4 chapters at some point

I feel the need to reiterate that they're twins a la linus and lloyd and not like Jasmine and Paul

Don't worry, they don't exactly look like "generic ugly ass FE boss"-material.

I swear I'm going to actually get past working on the first 4 chapters at some point

I've never tried to hack FE in the past, but that situation still reminds me all too much of myself.