Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

Sadly have passed it now sincer I was playing it earlier and forgot this thread existed but in chapter 1-7 (Where Axel is recruited) if you attempt to skip when Marques goes to open at least the first chest (I didn't  check for the others) the game will crash/freeze on black skip screen and stop responding, replicated 5 times, no skip no issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/1/2020 at 6:16 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Is there a page dedicated to the characters and shows their sprites?

There is not.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:47 PM, Nate Perkins said:

Sadly have passed it now sincer I was playing it earlier and forgot this thread existed but in chapter 1-7 (Where Axel is recruited) if you attempt to skip when Marques goes to open at least the first chest (I didn't  check for the others) the game will crash/freeze on black skip screen and stop responding, replicated 5 times, no skip no issue.

I'll make a note of that, thanks for reporting it!

Edited by InvdrZim13

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 2:41 PM, Raptorbullet said:

How do I play this game? It says I need visual studio in order to play it so I have that downloaded. I'm just not sure what I need for this. Thanks!

incredibly late response but the readme has all the instructions you need for playing the game

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 7:36 AM, InvdrZim13 said:

incredibly late response but the readme has all the instructions you need for playing the game

Im new to the forum and cant find the "readme" with all the information. Can someone help a guy out and point me in the right direction? I played this a few months ago but that was a version made before the switch to the xna format. 

On 9/8/2020 at 3:25 PM, Kryptic234 said:

Im new to the forum and cant find the "readme" with all the information. Can someone help a guy out and point me in the right direction? I played this a few months ago but that was a version made before the switch to the xna format. 

It's included in the download for the FEXNA version, the folder should look something like this when you unzip it:

image.png.ad202fc6ac341df12c77740f02a572d1.png

Also figured it'd be good to put this minor dev update on the thread too:

Just to set up expectations ahead of time for the future of SoAXNA releases since work still goes slowly (thanks covid), for the sake of our own sanity and avoiding burnout the route split has been cut and we're now going with a singular path for act 2.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:38 PM, InvdrZim13 said:

It's included in the download for the FEXNA version, the folder should look something like this when you unzip it:

image.png.ad202fc6ac341df12c77740f02a572d1.png

Also figured it'd be good to put this minor dev update on the thread too:

Just to set up expectations ahead of time for the future of SoAXNA releases since work still goes slowly (thanks covid), for the sake of our own sanity and avoiding burnout the route split has been cut and we're now going with a singular path for act 2.

So how is the new path for act 2 going to work? Will it just follow one of the lords or will it simply flip back and forth, following them both? Or do you have something else in mind?

On 9/16/2020 at 1:50 AM, Flameblade3 said:

So how is the new path for act 2 going to work? Will it just follow one of the lords or will it simply flip back and forth, following them both? Or do you have something else in mind?

Sawyer and Eagle will be joining Owen in his route, certain units who were planned and never put into the game were cut, Deborah has been cut, the rest should survive the transition one way or another. We decided that Owen's journey was more relevant to the plot, so that's what survived the change.

17 hours ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Sawyer and Eagle will be joining Owen in his route, certain units who were planned and never put into the game were cut, Deborah has been cut, the rest should survive the transition one way or another. We decided that Owen's journey was more relevant to the plot, so that's what survived the change.

That doesn’t sound like half a bad plan. Super exited for what the promoted classes for all the lords are going to look like too, kinda had sawyer sitting on level 20 for a while

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! I've just played through Act 1 and wanted to come here and express my gratitude to InvdrZim13 and the SoA team! It was a wonderful experience, smooth and enjoyable all the way through, and I could tell just how much hard work, time and love went into developing the project thus far. The custom UI in particular made the game so much smoother; being able to see Horseslayers and such from afar, being able to simply scroll over enemies to get a simple combat preview, and being able to highlight specific enemy attack ranges all drastically reduced the tedium and menuing associated with FE, so very high marks to that in particular.

• 1 month later...

I found an error on Chapter S2-3: Tribal Conflict
On the Enemy Phase of Turn 7/8 one enemy moves and then the game freezes but the animations and music still play, sometimes there is a screeching sound in the background. How can I fix this

17 hours ago, AlienBread said:

I found an error on Chapter S2-3: Tribal Conflict
On the Enemy Phase of Turn 7/8 one enemy moves and then the game freezes but the animations and music still play, sometimes there is a screeching sound in the background. How can I fix this

The GBA version is no longer being worked on. The most recent build of SoA covers Act 1 and was created using FEXNA.

• 2 weeks later...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/200097276847325186/795135886375387186/unknown.png
Good news: Now that Tactile's out Yeti was able to fix the issue we had that's been stonewalling development, so we should be able to get back to it relatively shortly.

(Pls ignore placeholder Julia)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey! Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do I apply the newer patches to the game? Once I hit Lvl 2 - 1, I click the level and I get nothing more than a black screen. Not sure what's up, any help would be appreciated! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:33 PM, KLANG said:

Hey! Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do I apply the newer patches to the game? Once I hit Lvl 2 - 1, I click the level and I get nothing more than a black screen. Not sure what's up, any help would be appreciated! 

The current FEXNA/Tactile release is just all of Act 1. Act 2 is not available, which is why I believe it goes to a black screen when you select it.
Since it is a Tactile/FEXNA game, once the new release is out, you can just download and run, and the saves would be compatible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In O 2-3 neither Bishop in the South has a high enough skill rating to use the magic they are equipped, is that a bug or are you generously offering me some free exp if I can spare the turns to go get it? Also, no matter what status item I use the post-use banner reads "Strength increased". First time I've ever played a FE hack, has been fantastic so far and can't wait to see experience the final product.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:53 PM, MyguyUhai said:

In O 2-3 neither Bishop in the South has a high enough skill rating to use the magic they are equipped, is that a bug or are you generously offering me some free exp if I can spare the turns to go get it? Also, no matter what status item I use the post-use banner reads "Strength increased". First time I've ever played a FE hack, has been fantastic so far and can't wait to see experience the final product.

Again, the GBA version is not being worked on anymore, as development has moved to Tactile. The current patch on Tactile covers the entirety of Act 1, and the route split you are currently playing on the old GBA version will be cut in the next Tactile release (coincidentally, you’re playing Owen’s route, which will apparently make up at least part of Act 2 in the next releases, while Sawyer’s route has been cut).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...