Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

Wait... Did Sawyer's battle sprite change at all? I think I was playing on an old patch, because Belle's didn't look anything like that beautiful black one.

I don't think we've done anything to Sawyer's sprite that's still the same, Belle's updated one will be in the next patch.

15 MIGHT. Okay. that would mean Seneca has 11 strength, which is pretty bad.

That's an old picture, he's got 12 now.

And it might seem low but consider that Seneca is a Swordmaster and has speed and his crit bonus, along with the fact that he's on a throne and gets the buffs from that as well.

He's a lot scarier than you think.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we've done anything to Sawyer's sprite that's still the same, Belle's updated one will be in the next patch.

That's an old picture, he's got 12 now.

And it might seem low but consider that Seneca is a Swordmaster and has speed and his crit bonus, along with the fact that he's on a throne and gets the buffs from that as well.

He's a lot scarier than you think.

Well, the RNG hates me, and... Throne bonuses are 3 def 5 res, correct? Sawyer and to a slightly lesser extent, Owen, would have a tough time doing decent amounts of damage to him, because logic doesn't exist in Fire Emblem. So yeah, that combined with Seneca's innate crit(and my crappy luck), is preeety scary.

he's still a massive dick

EDIT: Is he sorta comparable to Lundgren from FE7? He is a pre-promote who's the last boss of the first part of the story.

Edited by Horatioactive414

W

Well, the RNG hates me, and... Throne bonuses are 3 def 5 res, correct? Sawyer and to a slightly lesser extent, Owen, would have a tough time doing decent amounts of damage to him, because logic doesn't exist in Fire Emblem. So yeah, that combined with Seneca's innate crit(and my crappy luck), is preeety scary.

he's still a massive dick

And the avoid bonus too

The avoid bonus on thrones is the sole reason why people don't make FE6 hacks.

Among other reasons.

And I'll restate it here because people might've missed the part of the title that says it, version 1.5 will be releasing at around the same time our FEE3 video goes up.

Things that'll be in v1.5:

The rest of act 1 (1-9, 1-10, 1-11, and 1-F)

Some new items

Various fixes to text and art

Some unit rebalancing

Given the changes that will be put in it's strongly recommended you start from the beginning for the best possible experience, otherwise you'll be missing things.

Also, Melissa (Snake Mom/FrenchFroodle), will be covering the hack for FEE3 and if you want to watch things be done live, she'll be streaming it sometime on Saturday October 1st.

This hack is progressively getting some sick wizardry stuff done to it!!! :) Looks really good. This hack is really awesome.

Thanks

t1f9EOd.png

Custom battle frame get thanks to Teraspark!

In game growth rates, oh my

What happens if a character has more than one Convo on a map though?

They appear in the order the talk events are in.

So if Owen can talk to Eagle, Sawyer, Elijah, and Belle and the talk events are ordered

EagleTalk

SawyerTalk

EliTalk

BelleTalk

Then Eagle will show up as the talk option until Owen talks to him, then Sawyer, then Eli, then Belle

I've always liked that Take on Me video thing. And yeah it does make sense with the game. I personally like the Dark Souls one, because it has all of the characters doing the dance, and not just the 3 mains. :Sety:

I went with this version cause I've been on a WoW bender tbh.

In other news, FEE3 starts tomorrow, and our video goes up in 6 days, which means the next patch is just under a week away

Considering having an AMA of sorts when the SoA FEE3 video goes up over on the SoA tumblr because I want more followers so I'm shilling it because that seems like a better platform for fielding questions for whatever reason. They can probably be asked here but I'll probably answer them over there.

Kind of want to gauge interest beforehand so I’ll know if there’s even enough interest for one, so let me know what you think I guess?

I doubt I'd ask anything, but I think it's a good idea anyways. Would give new followers a chance to ask questions, or new hackers a chance to ask how the hell you did some of the neat stuff you got going on with the new content. I didn't even know you had a tumblr lol so maybe post a link over here too =P

Loved the music video haha. Awesome.

I doubt I'd ask anything, but I think it's a good idea anyways. Would give new followers a chance to ask questions, or new hackers a chance to ask how the hell you did some of the neat stuff you got going on with the new content. I didn't even know you had a tumblr lol so maybe post a link over here too =P

Loved the music video haha. Awesome.

It's in my sig though

Yeah I'll figure something out for the answers

Our FEE3 video drops today, and I'll be doing that AMA thing here/on tumblr assuming I get questions.

So ask questions here or ask them over on the tumblr, and I'll answer them!

I've got a question - I don't know much about the development of SoA, but how many people are working on the hack/have worked on it in the past?

Also, how long has SoA been in development?

I've got a question - I don't know much about the development of SoA, but how many people are working on the hack/have worked on it in the past?

Have worked on it in the entire history of the hack? Uhhhhhhh, well over 20.

Right now? Around 18 with varying levels of contribution.

Also, how long has SoA been in development?

Over a year, which has seen a few redone versions (fe7 -> fe8-> the overhaul of the entire hack). The current version has been in development since May, I think. And we knocked out 1-1 through 1-8 in a month.

Any features you wanted to add but had to back down on due to technical limitations? Any additional technical features showing up in this year's FEE3 you might want to include?

None that I can think of, anything's possible with the right amount of wizardry.

This release will include things like Festals, the Hexing Rod, and colored stats based on growth rates + an in game growth rate display.