FE3 Book 1 & Book 2 Low Turns Run (BOOK 1 COMPLETE)

Espinosa

Book 2 Planning  

15 members have voted

1. 1. MVP of the future Book 2 run?

2. 2. (tick everyone who matters) Units to be trained for longterm use

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also gotta ask myself if I care about the Falchion this time around. I can send a 6 mov bishop to where Gharnef is waiting easier with the help of the Again staff, but it's hard to say how many turns it costs and subsequently saves. There's no more Earth Orb to trivialise Mediuth, and I should think we're not using Warp and/or Rescue on that map (an Again shot seems oh so urgent however).

It's been a while since I played 3, but I think you need to kill Garnef to seize, so you're guaranteed the falchion, and need to get starlight. Looking at wod, that seems to be the case.

In FE12, Gharnef moves and can be ignored, so I assume it's the same in FE3. Not like I can 100% confirm it, but I'm sure it works that way because the starlight village can be skipped.

Edited by Gradivus.

Well, there's no Earth Orb around to help deal most of the damage to his HP this time, but Mediuth is also much easier to reach with an indoor party, making it more of a team effort. The princesses need to be recruited before he is killed, which involves getting three 6 mov units + Julian to their locations; naturally, at least 2 turns will be needed to pull off the F3 low-turn strat. 2-3 turns depending on whether it's a good idea to use Again here, according to my theoryFEing.

And if we do get the Falchion (getting to the Starlight village is really inefficient), I guess Marth can one-round Mediuth with 1 hit + 1 crit? I imagine the whole team will gang up on him instead though.

Just got here, but yeah, FE3 Kashim is awesome. Glad to see him get use in Book 1.

As for Book 2 Kashim, he's still pretty good. Jeorge beats him short term, but his crazy strength growth and promo mount ensure that Kashim will outperform him by a lot later on.

Well, there's no Earth Orb around to help deal most of the damage to his HP this time, but Mediuth is also much easier to reach with an indoor party, making it more of a team effort. The princesses need to be recruited before he is killed, which involves getting three 6 mov units + Julian to their locations; naturally, at least 2 turns will be needed to pull off the F3 low-turn strat. 2-3 turns depending on whether it's a good idea to use Again here, according to my theoryFEing.

And if we do get the Falchion (getting to the Starlight village is really inefficient), I guess Marth can one-round Mediuth with 1 hit + 1 crit? I imagine the whole team will gang up on him instead though.

Hmmm.... Outside of the Miracle Sword and the Partia, what else do you have on mind to do damage (assuming no Falchion)? All I can really think of is Aura...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

That's it really. I don't think I will try to train Doga or feed Sheema boosters just to have them use the Gradivus against Mediuth.

Getting the Falchion (and Starlight before that) seems to take more turns than it can save in the final map (1 at best I gather).

That's it really. I don't think I will try to train Doga or feed Sheema boosters just to have them use the Gradivus against Mediuth.

Getting the Falchion (and Starlight before that) seems to take more turns than it can save in the final map (1 at best I gather).

So this leaves Linda, your best bow dude and your best sword user to fight him. Which begs the question, who's best for the Partia and the Miracle Sword?

4 rounds of combat against Mediuth is 40 dmg without crits - and crits are pretty likely against a 0 lck final boss (assuming 20 str units) - and these 4 rounds could well come from 2 units with Again staff support. I think it should be manageable even with 2-3 capped str legendary weapon users, but the question is how it's to be done within the context of a full LTC run.

I think more likely candidates are just Marth for Mercurius and Jeorge for Parthia. Kashim has worse movement indoors and you need to get your other 6 move units that recruit the sisters as far ahead as possible (especially Merric, since Elice is right at the back, it's also more incentive to train him so he can contribute in the maps prior to this one since he'll need a pretty far ahead deployment slot to reach Elice on time.

You get a totally ridiculous amount of money so buying statboosters (if they're even needed) for Jeorge isn't an issue.

Oh, I completely forgot about Marth haha. I was going to recommend Jeorge for Parthia but I wasn't sure how much money he'd have.

Jeorge needs +7 HP to survive Mediuth's counter and +10 str to deal max dmg with Partia. Shouldn't be so hard to reach with shards, I think, but I should try not to break Partia before then lol.

And I just realised the stat booster shop is in a totally different map than I thought, because SF and WoD refer to different chapters with 'Final 1'.

Money should be no problem with all the silver axes, but I dunno if I'll actually be able to visit the shop on time before seizing. Easily so if Marth just walks his way to the seize point (looks like this will be the case), but not if there's some warping involved.

Edited by Espinosa

Jeorge needs +7 HP to survive Mediuth's counter and +10 str to deal max dmg with Partia. Shouldn't be so hard to reach with shards, I think, but I should try not to break Partia before then lol.

And I just realised the stat booster shop is in a totally different map than I thought, because SF and WoD refer to different chapters with 'Final 1'.

Money should be no problem with all the silver axes, but I dunno if I'll actually be able to visit the shop on time before seizing. Easily so if Marth just walks his way to the seize point (looks like this will be the case), but not if there's some warping involved.

I thought Final 1 was the one with the Starlight village? Which chapter does WoD consider Final 1?

FEWoD counts the one with the starlight village as chapter 21 and the dragon's altar maps as final 1 through final 3.

Nah, it's just the chapter with a bunch of dragons, axedudes, and magic jerks.

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe3/guia/capfinal1.htm

FEWoD counts the one with the starlight village as chapter 21 and the dragon's altar maps as final 1 through final 3.

Oh.... All right then.

Anyways, I wonder when the Book 2 LTC vids will begin?

Still need to finish my first run to determine the best staff allocation, the best recipient for the Boots, as well as general benchmarks and useful utility to strive for when distributing experience between characters who matter. Should finally have some time when the Christmas break rolls in; busiest time of the year for me right now.