FE3 Book 1 & Book 2 Low Turns Run (BOOK 1 COMPLETE)

Espinosa

Book 2 Planning  

15 members have voted

1. 1. MVP of the future Book 2 run?

2. 2. (tick everyone who matters) Units to be trained for longterm use

Chapter 9 in 6 turns.

The deadly duo of mamakute/sniper kept ruining the better of my attempts by killing my units on the turn before seizing. At least I got my power ring!

Highlight: At least 5 BOOM HEADSHOTS, 3 of which occurred in a row.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, October 12, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, October 12, 2015 - No reason given

Ugh. Seriously?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Highlight: At least 5 BOOM HEADSHOTS, 3 of which occurred in a row.

Stupid Mercs. The power of LOVE gives the Lodestar +10 Crit.

EDIT: Also Espinosa, do you have a resource for Book 1 Map 20 which tells the player which deployment slot equals which position on the map?

Edited by Triniking1234

LMAO. Today I learned that Midia is a female unit... All those years I thought Midia and Astram where a male couple, like the dessert berserkers in the GBA games... SD just did a really bad job at her portrait...

Idk what you're smoking man, looks like a legit female to me.

Does anyone know if you can proc two points of a certain stat during a level-up in this game, if the growth is above 100% thanks to orbs/shards? I haven't had that happen to me before just yet.

By stacking the right shards/orbs, it looks like you have even better chances of getting a +2 in non-HP stats. Here's a list of shard setups that optimise a specific stat:

HP +35%
Str +100%
Skl +70%
Spd +60%
Lck +60%
Wlv +60%
Def +80%
Res +45%

This assumes that you stack just three of the shards (you can get a tiny bit more sometimes with a 4th shard). With the Star Orb, which isn't obtained THAT late, basically add +30% to the growth. You can get a +130% strength growth this way. If there was someone with more than 70% natural growth in strength (Est and Julian have exactly that much), you could even proc 3 points of strength in one level-up. The only stat you can't grow 2 of this way is resistance (because of everyone having a 3% growth). Crazy; who even cares about SD!Wolf and Sedgar.

I've been wondering if it might not be worth it to make Fina a unit competent at combat by taking shards + stat boosters, including the Boots. I have a feeling Fina moving 10 squares and dancing Marth each turn could advance him further than Marth moving 11 squares on his own, while providing some flexibility too (like allowing Marth to hit stuff on the way too). I'm having some difficulty imagining that right now, though. 10 mov Fina dancing 7 mov Marth each turn is less consistent than Marth moving all 11 squares on his lonesome, but can occasionally result in Marth moving 14 tiles (and sometimes only, like, 10 until Fina catches up).

Overall, we've sorta abandoned the concept of giving the boots to the dancer in LTC, opting to give it to the mounted unit instead, I believe, but FE3 Book 2 lacks the rescuedrop feature and has really potent Boots with a +4 mov boost, so I think an exception could be made here.

Going by max move every turn, boots!Marth moves farther than boots!Feena assisted Marth past turn 6. Not sure how that would work in practice, and it excludes possible rescue shenanigans.

Also, I thought the star orb replaced the star shards?

Edited by bottlegnomes

Whoops, I got chronologically confused there. I guess that leaves only so many maps for which shard stacking can be utilised for optimal growths. Though I suppose the Warp staff becomes available at around the same time the Star Orb does? Even then I will hardly be using it on Marth every chapter.

Idk what you're smoking man, looks like a legit female to me.

Does anyone know if you can proc two points of a certain stat during a level-up in this game, if the growth is above 100% thanks to orbs/shards? I haven't had that happen to me before just yet.

fe11-midia.png

This looks like a young male... Nothing female about HER XD Purple armor didn't help either. But good for Astram XD

Edited by SSJDennis

^What are you talking about, SD Midia is gorgeous :(

One thing I've been wondering; do you think the Again staff's quirk of affecting all of your units will make a substantial difference here (compared to one that'd affect only one unit per use)? It certainly sounds powerful on paper, but I'd assume it to be less appreciated here than in an LTC of a more rout-oriented game, for one.

Edited by Topazd

Oh, it's undoubtedly better, but assuming you go with warp+again 1-turn clears (like Hardin has been speculated to be done), the same effect could be achieved with just the FE12 counterpart. But now that I think about it, I guess Final seems like a map where the effect might actually come in handy, thanks to the multiple recruitments to be done and the distance between them and your starting positions.

The potent Again staff could have plenty of benefits, though I can't point out the best ones yet, or even showcase an optimal distribution of the staff.

C14 is where Marth has to run around a lot to recruit Tiki, get the orbs and seize. He and Feena will have a lot of work to do, and I've no clue which staffs (Warp, Rescue, Again) will be used in the process.

C15 - Marth has to waste a turn to recruit Abel, and the bosskilling flier (Paola?) can receive a re-move to be able to attack the boss from 1-range. I think she can manage just fine with just Feena's dance though. Probably not worth it.

C16 - Meh. We need to recruit Astoria, but I doubt a staff use needs to be wasted to accomplish that.

C17 - Again Marth from a distance after he's talked to Sheema and she's recruited Samson? Can Feena accomplish the same (she has a good chance to if she gets the Boots)? Not worth it?

C18 - We want the Life Orb, right? Do we absolutely have to fight Gharnef with Starlight too? There's no unbroken Geosphere/Earth Orb to cheese Mediuth in this Book. I think Warp might be more important than Again, though if Marth is the one with the Boots, it looks like he might visit the village, get Warped and seize all on the same turn. Worth it though?

C19 - I suppose there isn't much of a reason for Marth to hang around after recruiting Roshea, but I don't see an easy way for a Warper to reach him there, especially if it's the 11 move Marth.

C20 - Have Marth ORKO Hardin with Mercurius, then seize. Can be done with a double-warp, too, but don't warp uses have more value than Again as far as turn-shaving goes? I honestly won't be able to comment on this until I'm playing the game and counting squares in it.

C21 - Do we really need Starlight to finish the game? Rescue seems like the more suitable staff here, but it has much more significant application in the first half of the game. Pass, for now.

F1 - Again Marth after warping him to the boss mamacute, or Again "them" both (Marth and Chainey? Feena involved?) to clear quickly without warp? The dragons are really intimidating; I'd honestly rather warp.

F2 - I can't say much about this map without knowing if we want the Falchion, because that's a lot of 5 dmg crits we have to proc without it otherwise (from the likes of Julian too I figure?). I guess 20 skl + Earth Orb + support gives 40 crit with a 0 crit weapon.

F3 - Oh not the faintest idea. Given multiple bosskillers trading legendary weapon (-s? It's much easier to train Kashim this time lol), giving them an extra turn could be well worth our time. Marth (who needs to seize) and Sirus (capable of combat) definitely, probably Julian too, if his combat competence is turn-saving.

Basically, I see no clarity anywhere by virtue of theoryFEing alone so we will need some impericism.

Book 2 is less straightforward than Book 1, it seems, but getting the right stats for units available in the earlygame has to be easier too.

Marth has 7 base move. IIRC, most unpromoted classes have 6, nonpromoting classes have 7, and knights and archers (go figure) have 5.

As for the again staff, I'd imagine the places it'd make most difference are the chapters where there are a lot of secondary objectives.

0 Move

Shooter

5 Move

Armor Knight, General, Archer, Sister, Pirate, Emperor, Manakete, Earth Dragon, Dark Dragon

6 Move

Social Knight (Dismounted), Hunter, Commando, Dancer, Mage, Bishop, Dark Mage, Fighter, Bandit, Barbarian, Soldier, Ice Dragon, Demon Dragon

7 Move

Lord, Sniper, Mercenary, Hero, Thief, Berserker, Fire Dragon, Divine Dragon

8 Move

Pegasus Knight

9 Move

Social Knight, Horseman

10 Move

Paladin, Dragon Knight

12 Move

Flying Dragon

I wouldn't try too hard to apply consistency to FE3's sporadic move values, but it just seems like the default move value is 6 over any special considerations for whether or not the unit is promoted or not. It does make the few unpromoted units who do have 7 move pretty cool, though.

I was just about to say Berserkers don't exist in FE3, then I remembered there is the guy with the Master Sword in the desert. Is this the only FE game where zerkers are sword-wielders?

It's kinda lame Mercs don't enjoy better mobility upon promoting, being stuck with 7 mov forever. This actually makes Julian a worthy alternative to Navarre/Oguma? considering you probably wouldn't mind if he could take hits while opening chests / obtaining hidden items, and he could chip in to help KO Mediuth in the final chapter.

But yeah, it's either 7 Move Marth + 10 Move Feena OR 11 Move Marth + 6 Move Feena. I'm sure each has its advantages, but what we're interested in is the choice that ends up saving the most total turns.

Edited by Espinosa

I was just about to say Berserkers don't exist in FE3, then I remembered there is the guy with the Master Sword in the desert. Is this the only FE game where zerkers are sword-wielders?

Yep. Though it's just a Hero with an alternate colored sprite.