Anthony's Gallery

Anthony N

pillows, pillows everywhere

and very jagged lines

have you done much splicing?

because if not, i would suggest going back to that and trying to copy the shading techniques used in FE7/8, to get the hang of how things are to be done

as it stands, these are very rough :x

Those little gem icons are pretty sweet. Is that Ragna???

I agree with SnakeyMom that you have pillows/jaggies everywhere, plus your colors are currently all over the place (sometimes they work in their own style, sometimes they don't work at all). I'd probably suggest retrying the hair/clothing shading while using a lot of vanilla references.

pillows, pillows everywhere

and very jagged lines

have you done much splicing?

because if not, i would suggest going back to that and trying to copy the shading techniques used in FE7/8, to get the hang of how things are to be done

as it stands, these are very rough :x

well, not really. i don't think i have ever done any splicing tbh :p

Those little gem icons are pretty sweet. Is that Ragna???

I agree with SnakeyMom that you have pillows/jaggies everywhere, plus your colors are currently all over the place (sometimes they work in their own style, sometimes they don't work at all). I'd probably suggest retrying the hair/clothing shading while using a lot of vanilla references.

i planned to use those icons to replace the old FE's affinity icons. but guess not due to palette constraint :(

some of the mugs were made quite long ago so...

guess i'll try touching up some of them some time later.

first dude is cool

with better shading i think the dog creature would look really great

thanks. i made the dog creature quite some time ago, and was too lazy to go back.

• 2 weeks later...

Read your PMs

The shading on both of those is pretty chunky and pillowy, the first one has a lot of outline color too. The faces seem pretty good but the outfits could use some work, especially with the aforementioned shading. The lines don't look all that smooth on the outifts, which becomes really obvious when its the outline color.

You have a good grasp of designs and color... Lots of cool stuff, some of it excellent looking.

The execution and finer details need some work as others have mentioned, things like pillow-shading, clean lines and proportions. But that will come with time and practice. Check out some of the tutorials in the Sprites Resource thread for some tips on those issues. :)

Anyways, look forward to seeing more. Very nice new thread, hope to see you around more, keep it up! :D

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

You have a good grasp of designs and color... Lots of cool stuff, some of it excellent looking.

The execution and finer details need some work as others have mentioned, things like pillow-shading, clean lines and proportions. But that will come with time and practice. Check out some of the tutorials in the Sprites Resource thread for some tips on those issues. :)

Anyways, look forward to seeing more. Very nice new thread, hope to see you around more, keep it up! :D

Thanks, yeah I'm kinda trying to get rid of my pillow-shading habit since everyone's talking about it >"<