Which GBA Shaman/Druid/Summoner is your favorite?

Which GBA Shaman/Druid/Summoner is your favorite?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Shaman/Druid/Summoner is your favorite?

• Raigh
    • Sophia
    • Niime
    • Canas
    • Knoll

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Niime was actually tied with Sophia before I voted. Good thing I set the record straight on that one.

Well let's think about it now, you get Sophia a whole 4/5 chapters before Niime. By that point, people may have spent a lot of time training Sophia and may not want to switch to Niime. By the time you get Niime, if you haven't been using Raigh and have been training Sophia, she may have been trained to be pretty beastly.

Well let's think about it now, you get Sophia a whole 4/5 chapters before Niime. By that point, people may have spent a lot of time training Sophia and may not want to switch to Niime. By the time you get Niime, if you haven't been using Raigh and have been training Sophia, she may have been trained to be pretty beastly.

Her bases are so bad though, it isn't worth training her when Niime comes prepackaged to kick ass.

Niime comes with an A rank in both staves and dark magic while Sophia comes with C in dark magic and E rank in staves when promoted.

Niime can fill any staff user spot you need while also having pretty decent offense while Sophia has to be babied for a long time before getting to have enough magic to start killing enemies on her own.

Even if you got Sophia up to 20/1 stats she before getting to Niime she'd be worse. The only stat she'd have above Niime's bases are +1 Def, +3 HP, and +2 Res. Niime beats her in Skill, Speed, and Luck by +9 Luck, +4 Speed, and 9 Skill. Allowing her to hit things way easier than Sophia would in a game where accuracy is already pretty bad.

Niime blows her out of the water in game.

I dunno about that... it'd be a massive chore to raise her when accuracy is already pretty bad. She'd struggle to hit anything that isn't an armor.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 11, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 11, 2015 - No reason given

Dagnabbit...

Edited by Levant Colthearts
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My favorite would be Niime because of how different she is. Never before or since did Fire emblem receive a legendary, grumpy old hermit with a troubled relation with her grandson. Ray would be a close second though I seem to be in the minority on that one.

What's up with Sophia's high place? Isn't she a runner up for the worst unit in Fire emblem history?

I really liked using Canas. I remember him being powerful and he had some good defense. Knoll was also good and he's a fairly useful summoner (although he had shitty defense in my most recent run of Fe8) but Ewan is my favorite (despite him not being on the list) if you had him take the shaman class and promoted him to a druid. His offensive power afterwards is INSANE and he can pretty much kill anything in my case.

If I could choose Ewan, I would. But since I can't, Canas is a good choice too! I like Raigh, but I'm usually using Lugh over him and Sophia takes some patience for her to really shine(and since FE6 is hard enough already, it is quite the climb). And if you couldn't tell, I use Ewan as my shaman instead of Knoll because Ewan is quite the speedy shaman!

If I could choose Ewan, I would. But since I can't, Canas is a good choice too! I like Raigh, but I'm usually using Lugh over him and Sophia takes some patience for her to really shine(and since FE6 is hard enough already, it is quite the climb). And if you couldn't tell, I use Ewan as my shaman instead of Knoll because Ewan is quite the speedy shaman!

Read the first post. Ewan is on another list.

Read the first post. Ewan is on another list.

I know, that's why I said what I said. I like him as a shaman, but he doesn't start as one, so he doesn't count in this. ......although, I probably could've been more clear on that...sorry about that. :sweatdrop:

I'm not so sure Niime is a great unit as a whole, but she is certainly the best (Or close to it) staff user in FE6, not to mention dragons can't survive Apocalypse anyway. I remember the days when Niime was considered the worst druid due to her base stats, but then the average FE player got better.

• 1 month later...

Canas > Raigh > Knoll > Niime

Unranked: Sophia

Canas is my favorite, and all-around one of my favorite units in FE7. He has a monopoly on Dark Magic (well, up 'til the last chapter), so if you want a weapon triangle advantage against enemy Mages, he's obligatory. His stats are fairly good from start to finish, if not exceptional. I also really like that he's a slightly older character, with a wife and kids back home. And his design (purple hair plus monocle) is really cool.

Raigh was one of my best units in Binding Blade. He's a little bit shaky at the start, but with training, can become a dark powerhouse. He has good support options with other good characters. And while he's a bit of a jerk, he's also deeper than that, offering an interesting and multifaceted personality.

Knoll is... okay. Usually, I'll go with Ewan for a dark magic user, but Knoll can be good too, especially with his better Con. Interesting supports, too.

Niime was very interesting, having stellar magic and res, and pretty bad everything else. A good healer and magic-tank, but I already had Raigh as my dark-user by this point. I do like playable oldsters, though.

Wow look at all these votes for Canas. I've never used the guy at all.

My vote goes to Sophia because I like her design, supports and I like the challenge of raising her, that's what makes it so fun to use her.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of Sophia Design and personality since 2010, she got my vote... I always found a way to use her even in the most absurde circunstances... Between all the bad things she has... at least would be good if she has a weapon with a good base hit rate.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Raigh/Ray. He is my Favorite Dark mage/Shaman/Druid in the history of Fire Emblem. Why? His unit utility is good, but that's not why I like him. His character is someone who strives for knowledge of the dark/elder arts, so that he can protect the people he cares for. He doesn't care if he has to destroy the world 2 times over to do it. Sure, he's a little Tsundere in training, but the fact that he hides these feeling just goes along with the emphasis of Dark magic itself. It will likely destroy you if you are not careful, so it takes the right heart and mind to be effective with it.

2. Sophia is bad. Her character never really struck me too well.

3. Canas is... he's just the kind of guy who really understands Dark/Elder magic. In his supports, he mentions seeing multiple people succumb to the true nature of elder magic, and people can tend to... subsist. It's a scary thought, to be honest. And his support with pent is hilarious. "I've got to tell everyone I'm friends with the son of the great hermit!" Or something like that. FE 7 Luna is also a good thing...

Edited by Lord Tullus

• 2 months later...