What is your favorite playable Awakening character?

Favorite Awakening Character  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Character?

Hello :3 I am asking this question since Awakening was my first ever Fire Emblem game & it means a lot to me. So, please tell me your favorite character that is playable & explain why. :3

My favorite character is Chrom. He is one of the first characters you see & he is awesome. He supports you, & cares so much about you. I know a lot of people may not like him, but I love him. Every time, I marry him. (I have six files, & out of my three female files, I married him twice).

Also, I am sorry not every character is here, I was only allowed 40 answers, so I picked the main characters & all the children. If you like other characters, you can still explain why, they just aren't in the poll. :3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotpass Ayra and Seth for being my favorite characters in the series

One thing that influenced my decision to buy Awakening was the inclusion of Ayra, in fact, which was part of some of the trailers.

Out of FE:A in-story characters, Sully, Panne, Flavia, Basilio, and Walhart

Sully and Flavia for personality, Flavia for design, Sully and Panne for battle performance, Panne for being a rabbit, Basilio for being Nick Fury with an axe, and Walhart because I'm apparently into lobster-looking dudes (seriously though his supports was actually pretty sweet but considering he's my #2 Awakening dude and now I'm into Ryouma there's a pattern with lobster men)

Edited by Thor Odinson

Kellam because of personality, being a good unit, sweet and funny supports, confession scene being a big muscular man under the armor and DLC conversations. Noire because I like her design, personality, supports, DLC conversations and she's a beast in my runs. Seriously Noire is so freaking OP!

Spotpass Ayra and Seth for being my favorite characters in the series

One thing that influenced my decision to buy Awakening was the inclusion of Ayra, in fact, which was part of some of the trailers.

Out of FE:A in-story characters, Sully, Panne, Flavia, Basilio, and Walhart

Sully and Flavia for personality, Flavia for design, Sully and Panne for battle performance, Panne for being a rabbit, Basilio for being Nick Fury with an axe, and Walhart because I'm apparently into lobster-looking dudes (seriously though his supports was actually pretty sweet but considering he's my #2 Awakening dude and now I'm into Ryouma there's a pattern with lobster men)

Double lobsters :3

Kellam because of personality, being a good unit, sweet and funny supports, confession scene being a big muscular man under the armor and DLC conversations. Noire because I like her design, personality, supports, DLC conversations and she's a beast in my runs. Seriously Noire is so freaking OP!

I actually share my birthday with Kellam :3

0/10 poll no Tikiwiki

Spotpass Lyn, Tiki, and Spotpass Roy because they are my favorite characters in the series.

That, and Tiki proved to me that Dragon Waifu is Best Waifu

Edited by MCProductions

I only voted one per gender for gen 1 and gen 2 otherwise, there would be a pretty big list here.

Anyways I said Lon'qu and Olivia for gen 1.(I like them Feroxi peoples)Lon'qu is literally Zero for me in FEA, same Japanese VA, both cold people at first but once you delve into their supports you see how kind but broken they are and I have always had a thing for Myrmidons in FE games.Then Olivia.I always like dancers in FE game, I have little bad to say abut any of them but Olivia has always been my favorite.She combines what I like about Ninian and Thetys into one and makes it amazing.It helps she births Inigo.

Honorable Mentions:

2.Kellam

3. Frederick

2.Tharja

3.Tiki

For second gen I said Owain and Severa.Owain is literally the funniest thing in FEA and I love him to bits.(Again Myrmidons)Also Sword-Hand!As for Sevra, I always had a soft spot for tsundere characters which Sevra IMO opinion pulls off well enough for me to like her.I also really like her supports with Cordelia, which really made me feel for the kids and what their world was actually like.

Honorable Mentions:

2.Inigo

3.Gerome

2.Lucina

3.Noire

Frederick, no contest at all (though I do actually like most of the cast in this game. Frederick is just the only character I LOVE). <3 He's just my kind of man! A charming gentleman and a handsome knight in shining armor! I'm not into princes (fancy or no) or anything like that, and Chrom is very bland to me anyway and sometimes just too dorky for my tastes. I've always been much more for knights and sometimes soldiers. I actually would not mind marrying a policeman or soldier in real life. ^^

I find Freddy hilarious as hell at the same time though, his obsessions just get so out of hand that it makes me crack up. lol I also love how the female Avatar calls him Freddy Bear and he's actually the only character she gives a nickname to! He's also the only character that gives the Avatar a kiss of any kind in the confession scene. He kisses her hand! It's just too bad nobody in real life does that anymore these days. To me, it's a sign of politeness and respect and not weird at all (well, when it's a man kissing a woman's hand).

I also feel that Freddy is one of the few characters in this game that has a multi-dimensional personality and some depth. We see him being obsessive with his duties, serious, and stern, yet we also see him being a big softie at times (I love this too, lol) and also traumatized/in fear (his problem with wild animals). And also a drama llama. lol Then what we learn of his history is that he grew up in a village in the hills, was attacked and almost killed by a wolf, and his mother praised him a lot. I feel he has more character to him than any other Jagen I've seen in the series so far. He also seems to feel that he absolutely has to always be serious and fearless, or else the others would look down upon him. He did try to hide his fear of animals from Panne and he definitely hid his distaste of bear meat from Chrom and Lissa.

I really like Robin (moreso than that Kamui) and I like how from the beginning, he can utilize both magic and sword and give a good feel for the attacks in FE. Then there is that oh so satisfying feeling of him surpassing everyone else in level.

All the fliers is pretty fun to play with, coming up with tactics on how to perfectly position them to aid the rest of the units, doing surgical strikes and the like. Then there is Lon'qu, who is just awesome. And funny.

1st Gen: Gaius. I'm biased towards using thieves and his support with Maribelle made me like him even more.

2nd Gen: Gerome. Besides his angsty support with Lucina, I really like his resemblance to Nightwing and he's really protective of those he loves.

Awakening isn't my favorite game but it has its moments.

Virion, Cherche, Libra, Henry, Tharja, Lissa, Maribelle, Gregor...these guys are all really bomb as characters and i lurves thems. My ickle video game spouses!

Second gen: Gerome, Cynthia, Brady, Owain (i think i didnt click on him though), Nah, and Noire.

The fact that the poll leaves out Gangrel makes me sad though. Hes the best.

Virion, Cherche, Libra, Henry, Tharja, Lissa, Maribelle, Gregor...these guys are all really bomb as characters and i lurves thems. My ickle video game spouses!

Second gen: Gerome, Cynthia, Brady, Owain (i think i didnt click on him though), Nah, and Noire.

The fact that the poll leaves out Gangrel makes me sad though. Hes the best.

Nice little Tharja you have in your signature, there

Lucina and Owain.

Do i even need to explain?

Both are of Exalted blood, one is serious but childish and cute at times, the other being hammy and over the top and very entertaining, on top of being some of the most OP units thanks to them being child units.

Edited by The_Vernster

Unpopular opinion here, but I really consider the male and female Avatar to be practically the same character. They're largely the same in terms of personality, with only a few support conversations changing.

But anyway.

My favorite child character is Inigo, he may be a bit of a floozy but his entire reasoning behind it really warmed my heart. That and if Chrom is his son, it adds even more to his character as he probably dealt a lot with being in Lucina's shadow.

And my overall favorite character is Chrom. He goes through some nice development over the course of the game where he tries more and more to be less aggressive and more diplomatic. But my main reason for liking him is how much he cares for the Avatar character. He really does feel like a best friend.

Unpopular opinion here, but I really consider the male and female Avatar to be practically the same character. They're largely the same in terms of personality, with only a few support conversations changing.

But anyway.

My favorite child character is Inigo, he may be a bit of a floozy but his entire reasoning behind it really warmed my heart. That and if Chrom is his son, it adds even more to his character as he probably dealt a lot with being in Lucina's shadow.

And my overall favorite character is Chrom. He goes through some nice development over the course of the game where he tries more and more to be less aggressive and more diplomatic. But my main reason for liking him is how much he cares for the Avatar character. He really does feel like a best friend.

The Robins are a bit same in personality, but I think that they have technically different personalities since they can marry different characters, & have different feelings. Sure, they might have the same conversations & such, but they can end up loving someone for the same reason that the other would only see them as a friend.

And yes, Chrom is a very good best friend. Even when Lucina tries to... you know. He is confident that they can change what happened, even if it means you live & still can mess it up. He is endangering his life just so that you can live & be his friend.

Cordelia and Severa! I've always loved Pegasus Knights, and Cordelia really sealed the deal when I first so saw her!

I initially only liked Severa for being Cordelia's daughter, but then I read her supports and they put a big grin on my face. She's an amazing unit, she's pretty, funny, what's not to like!

plus she's in Fates so....

But anyway.

Yeah both Robins pretty much are the same.

Inigo is my 3rd fav child unit. I had him marry Lucina as well lol.

Chrom is really good as well, as a lord he is really good and he really does care for you and everyone. He may not be the best lord overall in the series but hes up there.

<_<

>_>

...Nowi and Nah.

Nowi because... okay first sight I kinda was taken aback. Who is this child? And why is there a mother(bleep) dragon on the field suddenly? Two chapters/paralogues later and I decided who I would have my Avatar (who at the time was the completely generic HP asset/Luck flaw Robin) marry. Please don't try to dig into why, but that girl is just...

...I like Morgan to, but mostly for the same reasons as Nah, which said reasons are "Innocent and serious at times, but mostly to hide the vicious but totally awesome monsters inside", but with less Dragon... in most cases anyways.

In terms of males, Henry and Owain. Henry is very casual about blood and dark magic, which is always a plus in my very twisted and actually fairly similar to the boy himself book, and Owain is...

...Owain.

...enough said really.

Runner-ups are...

~Cordelia/Severa (I didn't use them much until the later chapters, so I never got to see many of their supports until later on, ergo they never left much of an impact on me)

~Say'ri (though she's neat otherwise, there really isn't much of her to see due to lack of supports and otherwise character buliding/describing conversations, and it's a shame)

~Miriel (technical (accidental) first marriage choice, but she was entertaining to watch as literally everyone didn't understand a word she said)

~Vaike (he was over the top in pretty much every single scenario he appeared in, and it was enjoyable to the end)

~Priam (so little to go on, but that very little was entertaining to watch)

I'm not a fan of Chrom personally. Even though this was my first FE game, I felt that he was fairly cookie-cutter for a character, so I felt that there really wasn't anything to really get attached to that I haven't seen already. But that's mostly as an individual, I'm otherwise cool with him.

I also find myself hating Walhart and Gangrel, and I honestly can't find any other reason aside from "they were the bad guys".

Edited by Xenomata