Reviving Frey?

well considering they really didn't die, they can't be revived

Exactly, Frey survives with the magic that is called plot, but for plot reasons he also loses his memories to explain why he doesn't rejoin you over the course of FE11.

iirc the sacrifice doesn't trigger if other units died beforehand, so maybe Aum works on them?

If I understand what you're saying...

On Normal, the sacrifice doesn't trigger if you killed Gordin. But if you killed Gordin, he'd be an enemy unit, so I don't think you'd be able to revive him.

Either way, i'm on Hard which automatically recruits Gordin and sacrifices Frey.

On Normal, the sacrifice doesn't trigger if you killed Gordin. But if you killed Gordin, he'd be an enemy unit, so I don't think you'd be able to revive him.

I'm a little late on this but what I meant was, you suicide a unit before you get to Gordin (somehow, lol), then recruit him when you get to him. Then the sacrifice won't trigger since you're under the amount required to trigger it. Since a whoever you suicided died as a blue, you should be able to Aum them later on.

Edited by Irysa

• 3 months later...

I'm a little late on this but what I meant was, you suicide a unit before you get to Gordin (somehow, lol), then recruit him when you get to him. Then the sacrifice won't trigger since you're under the amount required to trigger it. Since a whoever you suicided died as a blue, you should be able to Aum them later on.

I tried this recently and it sadly did not work.

There may be one way to not sacrifice anyone, but it would involve cheating however.

You would have to cheat in another door key to open the far door that would normally open after the sacrifice was made. However, I can't find any code for Action Replay or really anything to cheat one in to test.

EDIT: @maybe, to get 100%, no character deaths.

Edited by Azz

Doesn't the door open if Marth is the only unit left? I wonder if you'd be able to Aum any of the killed units if that was the case.

If you hack in a door key and recruit Gordin without sacrificing anyone, you lose Caeda on Chapter 1.

You could recruit Gordin and suicide a unit and then later, use the Aum staff on them.

You could recruit Gordin and suicide a unit and then later, use the Aum staff on them.

I guess. But you'll still wind up losing a unit to the decoy event.

Technically Frey survived that whole decoy thing.

That can actually be used as a reason you can't use the Aum staff, he isn't actually dead, just... Mostly dead :P:

Edited by Jedi

Technically Frey survived that whole decoy thing.

That can actually be used as a reason you can't use the Aum staff, he isn't actually dead, just... Mostly dead :P:

I wonder how he did survive it. Didn't all the knights surround him? Didn't look like there was a way out.

I wonder how he did survive it. Didn't all the knights surround him? Didn't look like there was a way out.

It's covered in the FE12 base convos, IIRC.

[spoiler=FE12 shenanigans]He was grievously injured and left to die. Through the magic of plot armor, he came to, but with no memories. It took a few years for everything to return, and then he rejoined Marth's side.