FE: Fates Manga News/Discussion Thread

Ryo

The Comic Anthology manga for the Birthright/Byakuya route which was announced earlier has been released today.

Amazon order link

According to this article, the gag manga "FEif 4Koma - Character Guidebook" will also be released on September 25, followed by the Conquest/Anya counterpart of the Comic Anthology on October 24. No news on whether Invisible Kingdom path will also get an anthology of its own.

NOTE: All of the mangas mentioned above are not to be confused with the manga adaptation of Fire Emblem created by Shin Kibayashi and Kozaki Yusuke, which was announced at the 25th anniversary event. That should be released on Monthly Young Magazine starting next month according to Famitsu. I'm not even sure if it's gonna be FE14 related or not because all of the official news reports I've read so far only cautiously mentioned it as "Fire Emblem manga adaptation", not "Fire Emblem If manga adaptation". Kibayashi's tweet also called it "FE manga", though he did tag in #FEif, so I don't know... *shrug*

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So theres going to be 3 different manga series for the three different campaigns, When I herd that there was going to be an FE: Fates manga I thought it would focus on one canon route.

I wonder if it solves all the issues people here have with the story.

So theres going to be 3 different manga series for the three different campaigns, When I herd that there was going to be an FE: Fates manga I thought it would focus on one canon route.

It won't solve all the issues; that would be nearly impossible.

What I (and many others) hope is that the manga stays close to Kibiyashi's original draft.

Edited by The DanMan

It won't solve all the issues; that would be nearly impossible.

What I (and many others) hope is that the manga stays close to Kibiyashi's original draft.

Wait Kibiyashi had an original draft?How have I not heard of this?

If Awakening's mangas are any indications, all of the Comic Anthologies and 4Komas for Fates are going to be comical gag stories that have little to do with the main game.

We don't know what to expect out of Kibayashi's writing yet, nor do we even know if it's gonna be FEif related atm (or an entire original story). For all we know, the swordsman's illustration that was revealed during the 25th anniversary concert most likely isn't Kamui since they have very distinct design even if seen from the back, which you'd think that people would have recognized them had they been Kamui. Unless said swordsman is not the protagonist, or Kamui for some reasons had received very sharp redesign. It could also be a sequel/prequel-type story that has some loose connections with Fates. Since they haven't revealed anything about it, it could be anything.

Edited by Ryo

Wait Kibiyashi had an original draft?How have I not heard of this?

*shrugs*

500 pages per route.

And for reference, he's apparently not even listed as the scenario writer in the games' credits. Oh, those implications...

If Awakening's mangas are any indications, all of the Comic Anthologies and 4Komas for Fates are going to be comical gag stories that have little to do with the main game.

We don't know what to expect out of Kibayashi's writing yet, nor do we even know if it's gonna be FEif related atm (or an entire original story). For all we know, the swordsman's illustration that was revealed during the 25th anniversary concert most likely isn't Kamui since they have very distinct design even if seen from the back, which you'd think that people would have recognized them had they been Kamui. Unless said swordsman is not the protagonist, or Kamui for some reasons had received very sharp redesign. It could also be a sequel/prequel-type story that has some loose connections with Fates. Since they haven't revealed anything about it, it could be anything.

Do you happen to have a pic of this?

*shrugs*

500 pages per route.

And for reference, he's apparently not even listed as the scenario writer in the games' credits. Oh, those implications...

I am hesitant to get hyped again, but I do hope that the manga will closely follow the draft more than the game did. Or the game did and Kibayashi is actually a shitty writer.

Do you happen to have a pic of this?

Nope, this was only mentioned in a Famitsu article. Since the article refers to the swordsman as... a swordsman (who was depicted watching over the sunset), and all of the fan reports I've seen so far also didn't say anything special about it, I would assume that nobody knew who that person is.

I am hesitant to get hyped again, but I do hope that the manga will closely follow the draft more than the game did. Or the game did and Kibayashi is actually a shitty writer.

It wouldn't take much to top what's in Fates. I wouldn't say I'm "hyped", but I'm certainly expecting an improvement over what's in-game.

Also, Kibiyashi himself tweeted not long after release that he only wrote the initial drafts and most of the credit should go to IS's... "writers".

A little off-topic, but does anyone know if Awakening's Comic Anthology got translated anywhere?

Yes, on Kantopia you can download the whole of the 4koma anthology in a RAR format. Kirokan translated it.

I hope someone does scanlations of the Kozaki/Kibayashi Fates manga, though...

Yes, on Kantopia you can download the whole of the 4koma anthology in a RAR format. Kirokan translated it.

I hope someone does scanlations of the Kozaki/Kibayashi Fates manga, though...

I know, but they're different comics though, there's a 4Koma Kings (which Kirokan has translated), and another called Comic Anthology. Similarly, Fates will also have these two versions (if you don't count whatever Kibayashi's writing).

Edited by Ryo

I'm not hyped. I do hope it'll be better than the story we got, and I really hope we get to hear more about what his original draft was like, but I expect the manga to follow the events of the game rather than Mr. Kibayashi's own work. Granted, I've got no proof for thinking that, and I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised, but Fates hurt me so bad that I don't think I'll get hyped for a story in a long, long while.

It wouldn't take much to top what's in Fates. I wouldn't say I'm "hyped", but I'm certainly expecting an improvement over what's in-game.

Also, Kibiyashi himself tweeted not long after release that he only wrote the initial drafts and most of the credit should go to IS's... "writers".

Wow, man, That thread got debunked for lying about the situation where he's upset or whatever and you're still continuing it. What is wrong with you.

Wow, man, That thread got debunked for lying about the situation where he's upset or whatever and you're still continuing it. What is wrong with you.

No, his "disowning" the story was de-bunked. The actual tweet was very professional, but conveyed the same information: Kibiyashi only wrote the original draft, and he wished that most of the credit went to IS's writers.

I'd suggest you do some research before you post, instead of reflexively replying.

Well, even if he didn't post that Tweet, the game credit made it quite clear that he's only responsible for the "original" story. Pretty much everything else, from the supervisors to the scenario writers are all IS' internal staffs or even third-party studios.

Anyway, back to the topic, has anyone actually ordered/read the comic anthology? Is it the same as Awakening?

Edited by Ryo

...so Nohr is getting a manga, too, huh? Well, that's nice.

...to be honest, though, I'm hoping F!Kamui will be featured in that version. Then again, I think it's best not to get my hopes up, anyway~

Either way, I am curious as to how the Comic Anthologies will turn out, along with the other manga.

Edited by spiderbrush

Hmm, looks kinda tasty.

Just realised it's "4-koma and character guidebook" as well. (In English at least.)

EDIT

Full body artworks of 70+ characters? Artists doing what Yusuke Kozaki don't? : P

Edited by VincentASM

I wonder why we need a character guidebook though, it's not like Fates doesn't have any official guidebook before. Can the information be considered canon?

Well, apparently we're getting full bodies. Presumably they're using the official concept sketches/artwork as the basis, so I guess it could be canon if you wanted.

We'll have to wait and see though...

Hopefully I can grab a copy while I'm on vacation XD