Which GBA Trainee is your favorite?

Which GBA Trainee is your favorite?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Trainee is your favorite?

• Ross
    • Amelia
    • Ewan

I expected to see a post like this sooner or later.

Because Druids are Summon-bots, right? No. They can't even summon. If you want to use that gimmick, then Knoll's your guy, but you shouldn't trash Ewan by making him into a Summoner. (Besides, the best person to summon with is Lyon.)

Ross is better than Garcia. That's a no contest. Are you just lazy in training units?

I'd rather just use Knoll for summonbotting, since for all the effort you put into getting him, Lyon's just not worthwhile.

Maybe before unlocking his Super Pupil class, but once you have it...SUPER PUPIL! He can use all three types of magic! Sure he loses staff usage, but you already have several staff users, so that's no big deal.

Ehh, I never saw Super Pupil to be worth it, especially since you don't gain any Con at all, for one, and dark magic pretty much has nothing going for it in SS, after Luna got noifed to hell.

As for the poll, Amelia, because Ewan fails to stand out, and Ross isn't my cup of tea.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

l like Amelia the most but I find Ross the easiest to use without grinding because he comes at the start where the enemies are super weak. Amelia is amazing if grinded in Tower of Valni though. Overall I vote Amelia.

• 2 weeks later...

Dozla would like a word with you :Dozla:

My bad.

Besides, Dozla is a really cool guy actually.

I think I meant something like best Zerker (like Ewan is the best Druid.) Or Only Pirate.

Edited by Tamanoir

• 6 months later...

Ross is the most powerful and crit heavy of the 3(and easiest to train).

Amelia is the fastest and the tankiest of the 3(and the hardest to train).

Ewan is...more so down the middle with his stats, so he's the most balanced of the 3...kinda(and is a bit difficult to train).

I love using all 3( they are all a force to be reckoned with), but if I had to choose......Id' say Ewan, but that's if I turn him into a Shaman/Druid. Ewan is pretty fast and for a Shaman/Druid, which is a magic class consisted of strong but slow attackers, is a very deadly combination! Not to mention, Ewan is pretty accurate too, so hitting the enemy is never really an issue(just don't let him get hit too much because he can't handle too many of them)!

Honestly, I'm probably using Ross the most, but I still enjoy using Ewan(and Amelia as well)! :Joshua:

Edited by Busterman64

• 1 month later...

First, I want to say that I'm a huge fan of the trainees in general. There are a lot of folks here who seem to dislike them (save, to a degree, Ross), for the amount of work and grinding they take to make good. Which is a fine opinion to have, and all - everyone plays, and enjoys the game, a little differently. Personally, though, this is actually part of the reason I LIKE the trainees - I've always been a much bigger fan of the units I get to raise up from low levels, than of those I get that are strong and high-leveled from the get-go. To a certain degree, I rate my accomplishment in Fire Emblem by how many total level-ups I've achieved. I don't mind putting in the extra time and energy for trainee units - in fact, I quite enjoy it. Anyway, onto the ranking!

Ewan > Ross > Amelia

Ewan is my favorite. I really like mages, and he has the most diverse class pool in the game, as well as being one of only two playable maingame Dark-magic users. I usually go for Druid, but Sorceror (AKA Super Pupil) Ewan is a blast!

Ross is second. He's the one I've used the most, it seems. He's reliably strong with decent bulk as well. Warrior, Berserker, and Hero are all good options - unfortunately, his Super Journeyman form is just an inferior 'Zerker. He's also the easiest to train up, given his early starting time.

Amelia is third. It's not that I dislike her, but there's a lot of competition for Paladin and Great Knight, and General doesn't really fit with her stats. My favorite way to run her is Halberdier (Super Recruit), basically a Swordmaster with lances.

Amelia is one of my favorite units in SS. She's great as a general and makes up for my bad cavalier brothers Forde and Franz.

Ross is great too, but I voted Amelia because I use her more and I prefer Lances over axes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ewan, because dark mage classes I love. (and they were op in GBA games). Second would be Ross because he's probably the only berserker I ever liked. It's a shame for amelia, she's the only one I put in super trainee usually, because I missed the lance exclusive classes since I started with Radiant Dawn and loved both Nephenee and Aran (epic def).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ross is well Ross, ewan is a magic user and I'm really a succer for magic so EWAN

Amelia is a good palidan AND general, I hate all axe weilders (with exception for dolza) and ewan is a great mate and Druid but, amelia won this race

??????????????????????

...More on-topic, I really like all of them, but I think Amelia's probably my favorite, if only due to my weakness for non-armored, non-mounted Lance-users. I really do like all of them, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ross! How else are we going to get a Pirate->Warrior promo route!

iirc, it comes from tier lists and whatnot, wherein the trainees are seen as mediocre at best.

Why even make Ross a Berserker, he could be a Hero? And not be locked to 1 of or both of the worst weapons in the game

• 1 month later...