Personal skill combos

Mads

So I thought of making a threat, where people can bring up and discuss combos between personal skills and class skills.

I feel like the characters get optimized, when their skills work with their personal one.

So if anyone have any sort of ideas, feel free to tell

Renewal+Dragon Child (Kanna) 45% HP per turn is awesome for Dragontanking.

Sun God+Healing Voice (Azura) Basically Renewal for everyone nearby, the best part is that she has access to Peg

Counter+Desperate Struggle (Hinata) Has Counter naturally, but you probably shouldn't under half HP and still be tanking hits.

Counter AND Magic Counter+Divine Retribution (Asama) Pretty much useless after he promotes, and he can't get either beforehand.

Galeforce+Killer Instinct (Pieri) Works great if you buddy Charlotte for Berserker.

Many of the characters who have damage boosting skills might like skills that stack on the damage, as these suggest that they might be suitable damage dealers (provided that their growths and classes also cooperate).

Although the specifics vary on the character and how the skill is worded.

Example: Effie might want STR+2 (Wyvern Skill) as that directly increases her STR, which is the the trigger condition for her Super Strength Personal, thus helping secure an extra damage boost. Weapon-faires and other generalized damage boosters will still help her overall damage output, but won't directly affect the activation of her personal. So Personal + STR+2 + general damage boosters.

Matoi's Prodigy cares about her STR or MAG, whichever corresponds to the enemy's higher attack stat, being lower than that of her enemies to get a +4 damage booster. Here general damage boosters (Lancefaire, Prescient Victory, Open Assault, Line of Death, etc.) are more synergistic as they let her boost her damage output by a lot without touching her STR or MAG at all, which means she can still activate Prodigy despite the huge attack STR she can pack with stacked skills like that… the trick is to stack on huge attack STR onto her with SKLs and equipment and then getting that +4 on top of it.

Now, granted, Prodigy is a more interesting one, as obviously if you can get a sufficiently higher STR stat from a class such that it outweighs the loss of the Prodigy boost (example, 30 STR with prodigy boost is worse for damage output than 35 STR that misses out not the Prodigy boost), you may overlook Prodigy on purpose.

But Prodigy DOES let you get away with using classes that would otherwise have lower damage outputs (but have something else to compensate, like high speed, or flying utility, etc.) and use them to be much more damaging than these normally differently-focused classes would otherwise be.

Example:

Let's ignore Matoi's mods for a moment because they apply equally to all of her classes.

An un-modified Falcon Warrior gets 28 STR. The Prodigy bonus, when active (as it will often be) will bring Matoi up to 28 STR + 4 bonus damage, which is a similar level of damage to a unit that had 32 STR but no particular bonus damage. That's like the STR of a hero, for example, while getting extra move, higher speed, etc.

But I'm starting to ramble, so I'll end it here.

EDIT:

Joth mentions some good ideas….. yes, a 45% HP restoration on Kanna would be nice. And a female Kanna from the male Avatar can also A+ rank Mitama if she wants to, if I recall correctly. So that's an easy source of renewal. If you really wanted to get crazy with HP regeneration (although I question whether its worthwhile to stack so many regen skills) you could also give her Eastern Heart from the Pegasus classes… now she's at 55% HP regeneration. Or Stubbornness from Mercenary for even more, although that's random rather than being based on a trigger that you can directly control.

Edited by astrophys

Tuning counts as a Rally, right? If so, I'd do this:

Jakob!Shigure:

Tuning

Rally Speed (from Shigure's Pegasus)

Rally Resistance (from Jakob's Rod Knight class inheriting to Shigure)

Rally Defense (from Azura's Pegasus Knight becoming a faction parallel for Shigure)

Rally Magic (marry Shigure to Mitama)

Rally Luck (marry Shigure to Mitama)

A complete 5-skill rally bot, no logbook/MyCastle skill buying needed, no DLC needed

Renewal+Dragon Child (Kanna) 45% HP per turn is awesome for Dragontanking.

Sun God+Healing Voice (Azura) Basically Renewal for everyone nearby, the best part is that she has access to Peg

Counter+Desperate Struggle (Hinata) Has Counter naturally, but you probably shouldn't under half HP and still be tanking hits.

Counter AND Magic Counter+Divine Retribution (Asama) Pretty much useless after he promotes, and he can't get either beforehand.

Galeforce+Killer Instinct (Pieri) Works great if you buddy Charlotte for Berserker.

Speaking of the two counter stragegies, I was considering Kagerou's Ninja Reversal + Counter and Magic Counter. She could throw back damage for pretty much everything, except for bows.

Jakob!Shigure:

Tuning

Rally Defense (from Azura's Pegasus Knight becoming a faction parallel for Shigure)

A complete 5-skill rally bot, no logbook/MyCastle skill buying needed, no DLC needed

yeah pretty much if you go this method. Edited by SapphireFalconWing

Severa being the partner of Arthur or Charlotte might be a decent one, though it applies to Attack Stance only.
I asked this on another thread, but does anyone know if Nohr works with Anna's personal (Despoil)?

Midoriko's along with any luck based skill such as on Nohr route...Easy Life. It nearly doubles it's activation rate with her making getting the money a more easier experience.

Jakob!Shigure:

Tuning

Rally spectrum does not stack with the other ones anymore?