[SOVLED][FE7] "Copyright" question

Avril Lavigne

I found a battle sprite online and everything I thought it was a really cool class. I decided that I was gonna use it for my FE! Yay, exciting!

However, I just watched an video on YouTube and noticed that it was actually unique class from The Last Promise. And I'm not sure whether the source said it was okay to use it or not. I also cannot remember where I got it. I was searching up animation sprites a long time ago and downloaded a few. Little did I know that Serenes Forest already had a thread for animations later down the road. And the class that I want to use is not on there, which kind of frightened me.

So it is the Emperor class, and I really want to use it, but I really don't want to steal someone else's work without it being okay, because it is unique-looking, but it's not unique-animated (it's pretty much a FE8 General when wielding a sword). So is there anywhere I can go to see if it's okay, or is it automatically not okay if it's not on the Animations thread?

Just wanted to be safe before--if I release it--I get backlash for using it.

Thanks.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

if you can find the thread in it's ugly interface

yeah fuck you too m8

Blazer is not on FEU. I repeat, Blazer is not on FEU.

Edited by Agro

he's not gonna like thaaaatt...

Okay, I saw your post on FEU. I don't know how else I'd get permission... maybe I should just let it be. I really don't know Blazer personally. I'm not asking him to give me a step-by-step tutorial though.

I have the sprite and everything too, so I'm not asking him to link me a download either.... but you probably know him better than I do, seeing as I'm not really in the veteran hacker's neighborhood. I just wish I would have been warned.

I guess I'll find out though, I can only hope for the best.

Okay, I saw your post on FEU. I don't know how else I'd get permission... maybe I should just let it be. I really don't know Blazer personally. I'm not asking him to give me a step-by-step tutorial though.

I have the sprite and everything too, so I'm not asking him to link me a download either.... but you probably know him better than I do, seeing as I'm not really in the veteran hacker's neighborhood. I just wish I would have been warned.

I guess I'll find out though, I can only hope for the best.

that's not really the point. From my experience (though i can't speak for everyone) but if there's a unique sprite in a hack, its guaranteed not to be used by anyone else but them aaand you probably shouldn't ask for it. If there sprite was free use, it would have been in the animation thread by now.

but those are just my thots on it

that's not really the point. From my experience (though i can't speak for everyone) but if there's a unique sprite in a hack, its guaranteed not to be used by anyone else but them aaand you probably shouldn't ask for it. If there sprite was free use, it would have been in the animation thread by now.

but those are just my thots on it

That's a good point. I'm sure if you saw someone using the Dewey sprite and/or Malcolm (along with the many, many unique sprites Bloodlines has to offer) you'd probably want to kill them for asking if it were okay, seeing as that was unique idea for that specific game.

Thanks for giving your thoughts! Greatly appreciated.

Permission was NOT granted. And the response I got wasn't bad at all.

People, for future reference, please don't ask others for their own unique class/sprite unless otherwise posted, no matter how polite they may be about it. Just take that as a "blessing" if you will. Learned quite a bit going on this sprite journey haha.

You can go here for distributed animations:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34510

or here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54826

Edited by Avril Lavigne