FE Archers

JakeTheAssassin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You spelt Shinon wrong

Rebecca has a lot of issues that many starting archers have. Low bases, no real place to grind. Coupled by her very low strength growth, it really does hurt her in the long run unless she gets blessed.

You spelt Shinon wrong

Rebecca has a lot of issues that many starting archers have. Low bases, no real place to grind. Coupled by her very low strength growth, it really does hurt her in the long run unless she gets blessed.

Basically this. Nothing to add myself except Ryan is pretty good in FE12, even though it is possible for him to get speed screwed, since bows are really useful on the higher difficulties.

Innes gets bias points from me. His bases are pretty great, with really the only thing crippling him, is that he can potentially get one-shotted by the final boss if not blessed with defence and res.

Otherwise he's great.

I used Rebecca once. Then Louise joined with superior stats at the same level as Rebecca and she was promptly benched.

From what I've heard, Takumi is shaping up to be one of the best Archers ever.

For FE7 I like Wil more.

Rebecca isn't even the best Archer/Sniper in FE7, let alone the entire series.

As a general rule, the pre-promoted Snipers you get will always be better units than the Archers. Having better stats at level 20/20 means very little compared to joining with good bases, and 20/20 stats matter even less for Snipers.

Eirika!Innes is more or less Sniper Seth with lots of availability so he's pretty good.

Kleine/Igrene are useful.

Leonardo does some pretty cool stuff at base level with Lugh and Shinon is Shinon.

FE12 Ryan is better than most.

Takumi is srs business.

Rebecca's kinda low on the totem pole.

If we talk actual Archers and not Snipers, it's definitely Ryan, since his personal bases are decent for a level 1 unit, he inevitably gets EXP in the Prologue, Bow Rank is worth something in FE12 due to the Dracoswarms you have to fight early on and chip damage is really important in a game with so many hard hitting low def hp hp enemies. Sure he might spend a lot of time in Hunter/Horseman instead of neccessarily Archer/Sniper, but he is an Archer.

Edited by Irysa

Archers are close to universally garbage in this series, barring FE2 and 4. Sniper, however, is almost always a strong class with strong units.

Rebecca is pretty shit. The best GBA Archer is probably Wil, but that isn't saying much - he's pretty bad, everyone else is just worse. Innes, Igrene, Klein and kinda Louise are all pretty good, and vastly better by comparison. The best Archer in the series is surely Faval, followed by Jamka, probably followed by the interchangeable cast of FE2 and then... I dunno, FE12!Gordin's pretty good.

Edited by Parrhesia

Jamka is pretty much the best archer for me so far: good bases, killer bow and continue. Faval is probably better because of 2nd Gen (haven't play FE4 so far yet).

FE5 archers have very low strength growth but they have enough uses. Ronan is an excellent magekiller and Tanya is very fast. With scrolls I managed to max out her strength.

GBA archers are bleh mainly because of their bases. Wil, Rebecca and Neimi need lots of babying to become good. If they're a sniper they'll outclass each prepromoted sniper statwise.

FE9 Rolf is kinda unnecessary, because Astrid is on a horse and has paragon.

Leonardo has mediocre growths in strength and speed, but you're almost forced to use him because the DB lacks on 2-range weapon users. In part 3 he becomes much more useful with lugnasadh. Even as an archer he could double the tigers in part 3. Definitive no endgame material, but no useless unit at all.

FE11 has Norne and Castor, who have decent enough bases and growths.

FE12 has some of decent archers.

FE12 Archers in general are probably the best. Weird how having an AI that prioritized attacking them, a gameplay focused on main phase, TONS and TONS of EXP bait for quick levelling in form of Flying Dragons, and Forging Mechanic suddenly makes them some of the best class ever

Ryan is consistently the MVP at lower chapters except for MU and Arran, even the he's usually close IMO.

But yeah, Archers are usually pretty shit, but Pre Promoted Snipers are usually amazing. This is IMO mostly because Archer's can't do shit about damage, while Snipers usually come packaged with a strong damage dealing options. Perhaps this is why I enjoyed Dagdawithbows and Bartrethebowman so much. Accurate 20 STR backed damage = awesome

Rebecca is okay. She's one of my favorite characters, but she's far from the best unit ever.

Best Archer unitwise goes to FE10 Shinon imo, but unfortunately for him, I hate his character and inevitably use Rolf instead.

No way, Rebecca is quite hard to level after two or three chapters! ... Unless you have Will with quite some high level from Lyndis's story (almost ten if possible), you may try with her leveling hard and we can see between these two, or just pick 'em up both and fill the enemies with arrows in their knees! (Maniac laugh)

I am of those few who try to level up ALL characters in balance, and in the best possible way in order for not trying to not leave anyone in the forgotten spot. Unfortunately, at least Fire Emblem 7 forced me to with two or three characters at best (guess who was one of them ...), because of ... reasons, you know. Obviously, in the easiest difficult possible, but that's how I like it anyway.

I didn't care much in the end, just to give ALL of them some chance to fight and all of that, supports, secret conversations and some possible extra recuitment like this one, etc ...

Will is a GREAT option to level up, try it by some arena matches and you won't have any regrets with him lately! He was beyond badassery for me at least.

Archers are a base class anyway, like most of 'em, are generally weak if very low level. That's why some characters need to change it ... others, well, *cough, cough*. But that's more dependable on the player anyway. Specially in the difficult mode, may I argue you, lel.

But at least Archers / Snipers tend to have high / decent Dodge % chance

Edited by Edrall

The problem with Archers is that in most games, 1-2 range weapon users can do their jobs just as well, if not better. It doesn't help that they can only get experience on player phase, meaning they're prone to fall behind...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Several of the pre-promoted snipers are pretty decent, i.e. Klein, Igrene, Innes, FE10!Shinon. In terms of actual archers, though, there's... uh... well, Jamke and Faval are good in FE4, and while I haven't finished it yet, Ryan is a pretty solid unit in FE12, and even Gordin's OK there. And then there's, you know. Wolt. And Rolf. And Ronan. And Rebecca. And Wil. And Tomas. And Neimi. And FE9!Shinon. And I should probably stop talking now for the sake of all Archer fans.

Edited by TheCosmicDude

The GBA archers aren't even that much better than the prepromote Snipers if you go through the massive trouble of raising them to 20/1.

Like, 20/1 Sniper Neimi has 3 speed and 2 skill over base Innes and a 20/1 Wolt has 4 HP and 1 luck over base Igrene, while 20/1 Dorothy has 3 HP and 2 speed.

All that effort to not suck and they don't even end up noticeably better than the prepromotes you get for free.

Rebecca is bad but she is at least better than Wil.

Once leveled both units the whole 40 levels (20 base class + 20 advanced class).

Will tended to do more damage (VERY good to be honest) and some good crit chance overall. In rest of the aspects wasn't very special to be honest (I believe he usually couldn't attack twice against many units, unlike Rebecca, uh ...).

However, Rebecca was like doing slightly less critical hits, had better dodge chance and got slightly more HP and almost exact damage than Will.

I believe both were kinda equal in the end anyway ... still, is usual in any Fire Emblem game that the growth rate works (when leveling up, of course) in a randomn way? Or all the characters have final static stats in the end?

Edited by Edrall