Favourite recruitment theme?

Glitchy

Favourite recruitment theme?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite recruitment theme?

• Encounter (Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light)
    • Encounter (Gaiden)
    • Theme of Encounter A (Mystery of the Emblem)
    • Recruitment (Genealogy of the Holy War)
    • In the Chapter ~ Joining an Army (Thracia 776)
    • Join Us (Binding Blade)
    • Together We Ride (Blazing Sword)
    • Comrades (Sacred Stones)
    • With Us (Path of Radiance)
    • Stalwarts Unite (Radiant Dawn)
    • Come, Join Us! (Shadow Dragon / New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • "Here we are! The Shepherd's garrison!" (Awakening)
    • Fates - Birthright
    • Fates - Conquest
    • Fire Emblem (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
    • A Knight's Oath (Blazing Sword)
    • Theme of Encounter B (Mystery of the Emblem)
    • Character Joins (Radiant Dawn) (Unused)

I initially would've gone with Together we Ride; but "Here we are. The Shepherd's garrison.", despite only being used the first few times for actual recruitments, to me it invokes a feeling of...welcoming. Welcoming the new recruits to the team, rather than the usual urgency the other themes invoke. And I really like that. Granted it was used for the garrison scene first, which was meant to introduce and welcome Robin to the other Shepherds, so...

Say, could you add the unused "Character Joins" from Radiant Dawn? I rather like that one. It's like you finally succeeded in recruiting an important person or enemy you've been trying to convince for a long time. I always picture FE10 actually pulling a Lehran with Zelgius right after Endgame: Rebirth (2) with this theme playing when he comes to assist you in fighting the dragon laguz. I wish they'd done that, with or without this recruitment theme.

• 2 weeks later...

How many times is A Knight's Oath used as a recruitment theme in FE7? Also, I agree that the With Us! is better than Stalwarts Unite, one of the reasons being, like you said, the dynamics.

Technically three. It plays when Wallace joins you in chapter 9 and when Isadora joins you at the end of chapter 20E/21H, but I'm not sure if you can call it a "recruitment theme" in those cases. Granted, those cases are pretty similar to when Bartre and Dorcas join you in chapter 11E, and "Together We Ride!" plays then, so maybe it does count.

Either way, "A Knight's Oath" does play when you recruit Wallace again, as well as when you recruit Harken and Vaida, in lieu of "Together We Ride!"

Edited by Paper Jam

I was going to vote Comrades, but then I saw Knight's Oath. Knight's Oath is one of my favorite FE songs of all time. It has a sense of melancholy that I don't really get from other recruitment themes. It just gives me the feels and makes me think about knightly stuff, like chivalry.

I like the one from FE2 too bad it is not well loved by many people :( I really like that one though if memory serves me right it is one of the more calmer sounding themes and does not really sound like a recruit song but I personally liked it.

I like the one from FE2 too bad it is not well loved by many people :( I really like that one though if memory serves me right it is one of the more calmer sounding themes and does not really sound like a recruit song but I personally liked it.

I do agree. It's probably the most somber one in the series, however in terms of somber recruitment themes, I like Thracia's best, as it not only has elements of FE4's (my favorite) but also has a bit of a hopeful feel at the same time as the somber one.

I'd have to say for me "Together We Ride" for sure. Whenever I think of Fire Emblem recruiting thats always the first one I think about and my favorite.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for FE7's version of Together We Ride?

I do agree. It's probably the most somber one in the series, however in terms of somber recruitment themes, I like Thracia's best, as it not only has elements of FE4's (my favorite) but also has a bit of a hopeful feel at the same time as the somber one.

Oh really? ya know now that i think about it I never really paid much mind to the thracia recruitment theme I better go and take a listen to it to see how it sounds.

Come, Join Us is the best version of the FE1 recruitment theme for me.

FE4 and FE5's themes are second. The themes fromthe 13 and 14 are so disappointing.

I wouldn't even count Awakening's as a recruitment theme, it's just a generic tune... sigh.

Both Hoshido and Nohr have excellent music, but why ae their recruitment themes so boring and short? The rest of the soundtrack is so good, it's almost baffling it didn't get awesome recruitment themes.

Anyway, my favorite is the one from FE4, although I'd say almost all FE games have cool recruitment themes.

"Together we ride" really holds a special place in my heart.

This isn't only because it's the first FE I played (though this has its importance), but this is one of the music that really blew me when I first heard it.

Encounter B would be a close second. (FE3 has some really great music, honnestly.)

Despite having been used so many time, it is still one of the most distinctive theme.

A Knight's oath is frustrating to me. It seems to be wasted by the lack of variation.

Most recruitment themes are great honnestly.

I like the different tone that Theme of Encounter B has in Mystery of the Emblem, a bit different than the other incarnations of "Together we Ride".

I'll have to say Stalwarts Unite is my favorite, as it's basically the Ablaze version of With Us!

• 2 weeks later...

FE9's was pretty good, with FE10 improving the foundations of the theme. FE8's is also really good, yet I have to give it to FE7. The pacing to me is perfect and is everything a recruitment theme should be. Of course, all games previously mentioned have a great recruitment theme as well.

FE6 took the FE4 theme and made it more awesome, so...

On the other hand, FE6 took the FE4 battle theme for the arena and made it less awesome, but that's just my opinion