D&E strategy, meta, etc.

TacticsEmblem

Under this topic we will discuss anything about the game play, game rules, or our thoughts about the game in general.

Here is another set of links for the principle game files in use.
Core
Battle

Characters

First, we wanted to discuss strategy, so my idea for now is stay out of range until the enemy shows their hand, keep a formation, and try to keep everyone alive. Remember that healing items can be used to heal the person next to you, and we'll all make it through this.

Since we don't have one yet and I want to get it up before dinner...

Anyways, the way I see it we're in a bad starting position. Alistia can cover the distance to the enemies in one turn as can the vigilante's, but doing so is begging to turn Alistia into a pin-cushion. Even if they managed to take out two foes (HA!) they'd be at the mercy of the incoming FIVE enemies. Six-seven in the much more likely scenario that they don't kill any.

If all these were PC's I'd suggest they'd take one step back and try to push the enemy into attacking or, failing that, remain still for this turn and set up for a charge on the next (depending on enemy movement). The problem is that the vigilante's are NOT PC controlled.

So, any suggestions? Once that don't result in being murderated?

It's decided. You should hold for now, or even heal me with a HHL. We want to stay safe until the guard shows up. They will be a great help.
Alceste should play a song for our vigilante in combat range this turn. We convince the vigilante to hold their positions.

We should wait for Izhuark to catch up with us before we do anything just yet. I also have some work to do, so let's take a break.

Now, if the vigilante's fall back a step and Al doesn't move forwards to row N, or to N5 if he really MUST move forwards, we'll have the player-phase advantage once they move. No one can hit Fafalel ATM so he should be safe. The real threat is those bows but only after we've broken their front line. Once we have an opening we should axe them ASAP.

Speaking the N file, I realized the alley way to the north side may be a viable retreat if we really need to buy time. It may be some way that the weak and wounded can escape the front line, anyways.

I messaged Izhuark, so in about 8 hours I will either hear back, or I will move Alceste somewhere safe like R4.

Okay... Let me simplify.

If we rush forwards to attack now, our ass is grass. Even if we kill some we will be badly outnumbered and exposed. So we are not going to rush forwards. We are going to move back just a step. That way the enemy has to move 7 spaces to attack; but they only have 6. So, if the thugs move to attack us at all, come next turn we should be able to charge in with an advantage.

no i'm not talking about the map but about the game in general. Really sorry i'm too tired to devellop for know but i promise to answer all tomorrow.

Edited by Izhuark

no i'm not talking about the map but about the game in general. Really sorry i'm too tired to devellop for know but i promise to answer all tomorrow.

Alright! Thanks for keeping up with us. I'm fine waiting until you're feeling better and have more understanding. Feel free to email me whatever questions you have, and I'll make sure you have access to the correct game files. I look forward to playing this out with you two. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...