How to no longer 'follow' a topic in which you already posted

Erdall

Greetings everyone.

I shall ask for some little help: you see, there are some threads that I could no longer be interested to participate, yet they constantly reappear in this list of mine:

pp3FmZd.png

As you can see, quite silly willy topics that I wish they could never, ever reappear in there. And yet they do, visually interfering among others that I could be more interested.

So: In short? I need to know how to 'mark' a thread that I am no longer interested in order TO NOT follow new posts from it.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

P.S: Lord Pent gives you regards from Nabata, :Pent:

Edited by Edrall

Unfortunately, the only way I know how to do that is by not posting in the topic for over a year. After it's been that long the topic doesn't show up anymore.

I just ignore topics when I want to ignore them

(unless a mod is reeeaaaaally nice and deletes the posts you've made in the topics you no longer want so that they no longer show up~)

What you've posted is a list of threads that you've posted in, not a list of threads that you are following. That's a different list entirely.

To see the threads that you are currently following, go to the top of the screen, let-click your username in the bar at the top, and then click on the link called "Content I Follow".

Edited by NinjaMonkey

What you've posted is a list of threads that you've posted in, not a list of threads that you are following. That's a different list entirely.

To see the threads that you are currently following, go to the top of the screen, let-click your username in the bar at the top, and then click on the link called "Content I Follow".

Hmm, I know I may expressed myself in some fashionably confussing way of mine. Apologies.

Big problem is that there is no apparent way, as stated by Freohr Date (Palm), for doing what I wished for ... damnit.

Oh well, I could get used to it. Thanks for you kind help, both of you.

If I may find another way, I dont know ... I believe there could be some sort of option in these kind of forums to 'deny' new warnings from those threads you don't wish to know about, even if you never posted on them. Or anything like that, but pretty damn sure I am.

Perhaps I am wrong at this one as was another kind of.

Edited by Edrall

Are you saying you get notifications? If it's actual notifications get that you want to get rid of, then you might already be "following" those topics and you can change that in your notification options in your settings. If you didn't mean actual notifications (that appear in the top right as red boxes with a number) then ignore that.

HOWEVER while I haven't ever used the follow topics option, I tested it and it looks/works just the same as the My Content area, except just down to specified topics/forums (you can follow a whole forum if you wanted). I checked and it's possible to remove particular topics you don't want. SO I figure just follow every topic you've replied in (and you can set notifications off if you prefer) and remove the ones you eventually end up not wanting.

So it sounds like you WANT to start using the followed content function, it can be just like my content but with more options.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Are you saying you get notifications? If it's actual notifications get that you want to get rid of, then you might already be "following" those topics and you can change that in your notification options in your settings. If you didn't mean actual notifications (that appear in the top right as red boxes with a number) then ignore that.

Nah, no notification of any sort, I just don't wanna make them appear in my list of posted topics by me.

But right now you are make me thinking ... if I use the follow topic option with those I'm rather interested ...

Nah, not like I post so much and specially in sooo many topics. Don't worry, I'll find a way on my own to handle this, if I can. But thanks in advance for your little advice.

Again, thanks for the help and possible confussions with my still not well polished english, :sweatdrop:

P.S: You once notified about this: "Unfortunately, the only way I know how to do that is by not posting in the topic for over a year. After it's been that long the topic doesn't show up anymore."

It kinda of worked once, little by little they were going down in the list, the more I didn't post anymore on them, the more they were going away. So is just as you practicaly said.

Edited by Erdall

It kinda of worked once, little by little they were going down in the list, the more I didn't post anymore on them, the more they were going away. So is just as you practicaly said.

Ah, well the order of them on the list depends on replies, if the topic doesn't have anybody posting in it then it'll get shoved down by all the other active topics. So like the topic that has most recently been posted in moves to the top of the list and anything that hasn't had a recent post won't bump back up.

One of the topics I posted in has been constantly active but it's been over a year now since I posted in it but people still post in it so it stays on the first page of my content. Once it's been over a year it just vanishes anyway because it doesn't save my history that long.

But yeah it certainly helps if the topic you don't want gets quiet~ Just remember for future reference that the followed content feature can do what you want it to do, if a topic ever keeps bothering you c:

Ah, well the order of them on the list depends on replies, if the topic doesn't have anybody posting in it then it'll get shoved down by all the other active topics. So like the topic that has most recently been posted in moves to the top of the list and anything that hasn't had a recent post won't bump back up.

One of the topics I posted in has been constantly active but it's been over a year now since I posted in it but people still post in it so it stays on the first page of my content. Once it's been over a year it just vanishes anyway because it doesn't save my history that long.

But yeah it certainly helps if the topic you don't want gets quiet~ Just remember for future reference that the followed content feature can do what you want it to do, if a topic ever keeps bothering you c:

It strangely goes up at times. I mean, it depends which topics I choose to read.

A little shame for those so-long everlasting 'silly trollish' topics, but anyway. I'll take care next time about that and rather not to post in topics which are so overflowing with posts of epic madness.

And, of course, I thank you for your kind help! :3

Regards.

Edited by Erdall