Choosing the Best Class for Elise (Poll 8)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Elise?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Elise?

• Adventurer
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • General
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I don't really know.
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Nohr): Which is the most practical class for Elise in the Nohr campaign?

• Adventurer
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • Falcon Warrior
    • General
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I'm going to bench Elise.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Elise?

• Adventurer
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • General
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • Wyvern Lord
    • She's fine in any class.
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Elise?

• Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Great Lord
    • Witch
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes.
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next poll?

• Hinoka
    • Camilla
    • Kaze
    • Nishiki
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Xander
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Ryoma
    • Jakob
    • Hot-Blooded Swordsman
    • Super Strong Big Eater!!!
    • I don't really care.

Elise. A princess of Nohr. Although she appears to be a spoiled child who loves to play, she’s both innocent and insightful. Loves her brothers and sisters dearly and always darts around them like a little puppy. The most considerate of her family.

[spoiler=Marriage/Buddy Seals]

Spoiler (Marriage/Buddy Seals)

A Marriage/Buddy seal allows a unit to reclass into one of the select class trees of his spouse (S support) or buddy (A+ support). A unit may only achieve an S support with units of the opposite gender (exc. Kamui, Syalla, Zero), and may only achieve an A+ support with units of the same gender.

(The credit for the following information goes to Gayserbeam, as I copied the wording of his explanation. Check out the Class Changing and Inheritance Thread for more information.

1. If the user’s Primary Class is different than their Spouse’s/Buddy’s Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Primary Class, even if the user has that class as a Secondary Class already.

2. If the user’s Primary Class is the same as their Spouse’s/Buddy’s Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Secondary Class.

3. If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Secondary Class.

1. An unlearnable class is a class that may be unique to a character or their children. The following units have unlearnable classes: Nishiki (Fox Spirit), Flannel (Garou), Azura (Singer), Mozume (Villager).

4. If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, and their Primary Class is the same as their Spouse’s/Buddy’s Secondary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Substitute Class.

1. A Substitute Class is simply a select class a character with an unlearnable class passes down under certain circumstances. The following units have Substitute Classes: Nishiki (Herb Merchant), Flannel (Outlaw), Azura (Rod Knight), Mozume (Herb Merchant).

If you’re still confused, let me use Elise as an example to try and clarify matters!

1. Elise/Odin: Elise’s Primary Class is Bowman, and Odin’s is Dark Mage. Therefore, Elise would Marriage Seal into Dark Mage.

1. Elise/Camilla: Elise’s Primary Class is Rod Knight, and Camilla's is Wyvern Rider. Therefore, Elise would Buddy Seal into Wyvern Rider. As Elise’s Secondary Class is Wyvern Rider, she would not receive a new class tree from Camilla.

2. Elise/Setsuna: Elise’s Primary Class is Rod Knight, and Jakob’s is Rod Knight. Therefore, Elise would Marriage Seal into Jakob’s Secondary Class-- Cavalier.

3. Elise/Flannel: As Flannel’s Primary Class is Garou, an unlearnable class, Elise would Marriage Seal into his Secondary Class-- Fighter.

4. Elise/Rod Knight!Avatar: Avatar’s Primary Class is Nohr Prince, an unlearnable class. Elise’s Primary Class is Rod Knight, and Rod Knight!Avatar’s Secondary Class is Rod Knight. Therefore, Elise would Marriage Seal into his Substitute Class-- unfortunately nothing as Rod Knight (M) has no Hoshidan parallel.

[spoiler=Possible Classes]

• Classes in black are ones Elise can only achieve in either the Nohr or the Invisible Kingdom campaign.
  • Classes in blue are ones Elise can only achieve in the Invisible Kingdom campaign

Base Classes (4H, 8N, 12T)

• Bowman
  • Cavalier
  • Dark Mage
  • Fighter
  • Knight
  • Mercenary
  • Ninja
  • Outlaw
  • Pegasus Warrior
  • Priestess
  • Rod Knight
  • Samurai
  • Wyvern Rider

Promoted Classes (9
H, 13N, 22T)

• Adventurer
  • Berserker
  • Bow Knight
  • Brave Hero
  • Dark Knight
  • Exorcist
  • Falcon Warrior
  • General
  • Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Great Knight
  • Holy Bowman
  • Jonin
  • Maid
  • Paladin
  • Puppeteer
  • Revenant Knight
  • Sorcerer
  • Strategist
  • Trueblade
  • War Priestess
  • Weapon Master
  • Wyvern Lord

[spoiler=Expansion of Possible Classes]
Primary Base Class:
Rod Knight
Primary Promoted Classes: Maid, Strategist
Secondary Base Class: Wyvern Rider
Secondary Promoted Classes: Revenant Knight, Wyvern Lord

Marriage Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the spouses. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Ryoma: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Takumi: Bowman -> Golden-kite Warrior, Holy Bowman

• Arthur: Fighter -> Berserker, Brave Hero
  • Benoit: Knight -> General, Great Knight
  • Flannel: Fighter -> Berserker, Brave Hero
  • Lazward: Mercenary -> Bow Knight, Brave Hero
  • Odin: Dark Mage -> Dark Knight, Sorcerer
  • Zero: Outlaw -> Adventurer, Bow Knight

• Jakob: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin
  • Kaze: Ninja -> Jonin, Puppeteer
  • Silas: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin

Buddy Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the buddies. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Sakura: Priestess -> Exorcist, War Priestess
  • Camilla: n/a
  • Effie: Knight -> General, Great Knight
  • Azura: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior

[spoiler=Notice]

• In the previous optional poll, Hinoka placed second, and Kaze place third. Therefore, Hinoka gets 3 votes and Kaze gets 1 vote.
  • Nyx only received one vote while Benoit recieved none. So Nyx will be out for two polls (returns at poll 10) and Benoit will be out for four polls (returns at poll 12)
  • Jakob have been added back to the poll. if it is demonstrated again is that the forum is not interested in him, he will be out for 4 polls, he would return poll 13
  • Hinata and Effie has been added to the poll.

[spoiler=Possible Skills]

Personal Skill: Beautiful flower: Adjacent allies deal 1 extra damage and received 3 less damage

Skills are organized alphabetically based on the classes. Within the classes, skills are listed in the order of achievement (e.g. a GK earns Luna at Lvl. 5 and Diamond Strike at Lvl. 15, so Luna is listed before Diamond Strike).

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Elise can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Bowman: Skill +2, Prescient Victory
  • Cavalier: Open Assault, Rescue
  • Dark Mage: Bind, Devilish Wind
  • Fighter: HP +5, Roundhouse
  • Knight: Defence +2, Confined Defence
  • Mercenary: Stubbornness, Patient Assurance
  • Ninja: Locktouch, Snake Venom
  • Outlaw: Locktouch, Movement +1
  • Pegasus Warrior: Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart
  • Priestess: Miracle, Rally Luck
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Samurai: Flowing Strike, Vantage
  • Wyvern Rider: Strength +2, Cut Through

Promoted Classes Skills

• Adventurer: Lucky Seven, Pass
  • Berserker: Rally Strength, Axefaire
  • Bow Knight: Rally Skill, Kunaibreaker
  • Brave Hero: Sol, Axebreaker
  • Dark Knight: Magic Seal, Lifetaker
  • Exorcist: Rally Magic, Tomefaire
  • Falcon Warrior: Rally Speed, Mirror Strike
  • General: Defensive Formation, Pavise
  • Golden-Kite Warrior: Soar, Sun God
  • Great Knight: Luna, Diamond Strike
  • Holy Bowman: Raven Strike, Bowfaire
  • Jonin: Lethality, Kunaifaire
  • Maid: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Paladin: Defender, Aegis
  • Puppeteer: Puppet Break, Copycat Pupper
  • Revenant Knight: Deadly Breath, Overbearing
  • Sorcerer: Vengeance, Bowbreaker
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • Trueblade: Astra, Swordfaire
  • War Priestess: Renewal, Magic Counter
  • Weapon Master: Strength Seal, Line of Death
  • Wyvern Lord: Rally Defence, Sword Breaker

Resistance +2: Resistance +2.

Demoiselle: Male allies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 less damage during battles

Servant's Joy: When healing an ally, the user recovers the same amount of HP

Tomebreaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Tome

Rally Resistance: Resistance +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used

Battle Command: Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage and receive 2 less damage during battles

Strength +2: Strength +2

Cut Through: Select the “Cut Through” command to swap places with an enemy after an attack

Deadly Breath: When user triggers the battle, enemies within a 2 tile radius have their HP reduced by 20% after the battle

Overbearing: Unless enemy is on a mount, damage +5

Rally Defense: Defense +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used

Swordbreaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Sword

[spoiler=Summary]

Optimal

1. Strategist [57.78%]

2. Exorcist [15.56%]

3. Maid [8.89%]

Practical (Nohr)

1. Strategist [80.00%]

2. Maid [8.89%]

3. Sorcerer [6.67%]

Preferred

1. Strategist [64.44%]

2. Maid [17.78%]

3. Sorcerer [8.89%]

DLC

1. Witch [55.56%]

2. Dark Falcon [35.56%]

3. n/a

Next poll

1. Hinoka (7+3 votes)[15.56%]

2. Sakura (8 votes)[17.78%]

3.5. Camilla (5 votes)[11.11%]

3.5. Kaze (4+1 votes)[8.89%]

Hinoka placed ahead of Sakura due to placing second in the previous poll. Kaze tied with Camilla due to placing third last poll.

Okay next poll, we will be voting for the Tenma Princess Hinoka

Edited by Jayvee94

I've been waiting on Elise! :3

So it seems that her optimal class is most certainly Strategist, though, for me, I'm probably gonna use her as a Maid. I've just never been a really big user of mounted units, myself.

In Nohr, I'm most likely gonna make her a Sorcerer, so I won't have to worry about her poor Strength when I can't really grind all that much, but in IK, I'm definitely going to be using her as a Maid just to be that guy.

Forgot to comment on the DLC. Witch would surely be my choice for her, and I may actually put her there for a while in the event we get more Dark Tomes. Dark Falcon would be good, too, especially as a counterpart to Sakura's Falcon Warrior.

Edited by Landmaster

Well, I voted Maid across the board, since I will be doing a run of only maids and Butlers. Tricksters were my favorite class in awakening, and so you can see why I like Maids. I like Staves. A LOT. Also, I really love the idea of de-buffing enemies, then bringing someone like Camilla, or Flannel, to throw a dagger and obliterate them with their insane strength stat. That's why I am not worried about Magical Units. They will be de-buffers and my main Baton and Staff users. The ones with high Strength will use staves with a set amount, or something that your magic stat doesn't influence the outcome.

Voted Strategist for all, and Dark Falcon for DLC. She can be a flier like her big sister! But I feel like a Pegasus would fit her more than a Wyvern would. Still, that's purely for aesthetics. Stat-wise and what's "optimal" for her, I have no clue lol.

And no Nyx? *cry*

Voted Strategist for all, and Dark Falcon for DLC. She can be a flier like her big sister! But I feel like a Pegasus would fit her more than a Wyvern would. Still, that's purely for aesthetics. Stat-wise and what's "optimal" for her, I have no clue lol.And no Nyx? *cry*

Looks like I know the one person who voted her.

Anyway, you can have some sort of campaign once she returns in poll 10

I believe Exorcist is her optimal class. Elise has devastatingly good MAG, SPD, and LUC, but her SKL is crap, so if you want her to participate in combat you'll want to pull it up, and Exorcist is the best way to do that (plus it gets her Tomefaire, which she otherwise won't have). Since making Elise survivable is just about impossible, she really either needs her combat to count or she needs to avoid combat altogether, and with that MAG and SPD it would be a shame to cut her out of combat.

On a regular Nohr path, Strategist and Maid both have benefits. I picked Strategist because of horse mobility and more versatile weapon choices, but an Explosive Shuriken Maid Elise is a much more accurate and more survivable option, even if she's probably going to be relegated to a more support-focused role than Strategist Elise.

Favorite, I picked Revenant Knight. Tiny Dragon Eater of Worlds is just too cute. (Yes, I do love Tiki, Nah, and Fae, why do you ask?) DLC I picked Witch, because it's my new favorite class now that I have seen their little lantern and magical-cheerleader-hat-flipping routines.

Next vote, I picked Rinkah, because I think she will give us all a lot to talk about XD;

Ehh? Well... what I voted was:

Strategist on all of them, then Dark Falcon for DLC. I really, really like Dark Falcon on her. I think it's precious. Much like Elise.

Revenant Knight for growth, and Strategist as final class.

This, but you can also give her some Dracoshields if you want to get her other skills.

-----

My vote is Strategist for the better Mov. Only Mag cap better than Strategist is Sorcerer and Witch.

Edited by Princess_Florina

Maid, Witch, and Dark Falcon are all fine choices. I'm afraid the Royals' stats are so allocated to their intended class tree, there isn't much room for argument. Of course, the ones I listed are more for novelty on a character like Elise.

Plus Elise can't really be anything else that's good since Exorcists cannot use Fortify staves and Strategists and Maids/Butlers can. But a Maid is no good for her with her poor attk stat. So Strategist all the way! Though a Sorcerer/Witch isn't bad for her either (For their better Def caps) if you already have plenty of other staff users.

Plus Elise can't really be anything else that's good since Exorcists cannot use Fortify staves and Strategists and Maids/Butlers can. But a Maid is no good for her with her poor attk stat. So Strategist all the way! Though a Sorcerer/Witch isn't bad for her either (For their better Def caps) if you already have plenty of other staff users.

Exorcist not being able to use Fortify only matters if you need Elise specifically to be using Fortify. You'll already have Felicia/ Jakob as a potential Fortify user from the beginning of the game, plus Flora, Dia/Deere, Jakob/Felicia, and Foleo coming in later, not to mention anyone you manage to spread Rod Knight to, i.e. whoever Elise marries and whoever she is the mother of. Plus, Fortify and the Hoshido equivalent, Great Festal, are the only things Elise misses out on by having B Staffs instead of A. It's really not a huge loss unless you're dedicating Elise entirely to healing.

The advantage both Exorcist and Maid have over Strategist is giving Elise SKL, which is the weak link in her otherwise impeccable magical offense. Rod Knight has really good SKL growth, but Strategist has none. If Rod Knight doesn't fix Elise's SKL problems for the rest of the game (and there's a good chance you're promoting her at 10 to get her a weapon ASAP, so she's not in Rod Knight for long,) then it's entirely possible Strategist!Elise will be unable to reliably hit things, which axes her offensive capability way more than Maid, seeing as Maid has Felicia's Ice Tray and Exploding Shuriken as magical weapon options, but also gives Elise actual SKL and some extra survivability in the bargain.

I'm not saying Strategist is bad, obviously (the mobility alone is a major advantage). However, saying Exorcist is bad because B Staffs and Maid is bad because STR is silly, especially if you're willing to countenance Sorcerer or Witch Elise, who can't use Staffs at all. (Note that Sorcerer also has no SKL growth to help Elise aim. Witch does at least help SKL a little.)

Exorcist not being able to use Fortify only matters if you need Elise specifically to be using Fortify. You'll already have Felicia/ Jakob as a potential Fortify user from the beginning of the game, plus Flora, Dia/Deere, Jakob/Felicia, and Foleo coming in later, not to mention anyone you manage to spread Rod Knight to, i.e. whoever Elise marries and whoever she is the mother of. Plus, Fortify and the Hoshido equivalent, Great Festal, are the only things Elise misses out on by having B Staffs instead of A. It's really not a huge loss unless you're dedicating Elise entirely to healing.

The advantage both Exorcist and Maid have over Strategist is giving Elise SKL, which is the weak link in her otherwise impeccable magical offense. Rod Knight has really good SKL growth, but Strategist has none. If Rod Knight doesn't fix Elise's SKL problems for the rest of the game (and there's a good chance you're promoting her at 10 to get her a weapon ASAP, so she's not in Rod Knight for long,) then it's entirely possible Strategist!Elise will be unable to reliably hit things, which axes her offensive capability way more than Maid, seeing as Maid has Felicia's Ice Tray and Exploding Shuriken as magical weapon options, but also gives Elise actual SKL and some extra survivability in the bargain.

I'm not saying Strategist is bad, obviously (the mobility alone is a major advantage). However, saying Exorcist is bad because B Staffs and Maid is bad because STR is silly, especially if you're willing to countenance Sorcerer or Witch Elise, who can't use Staffs at all. (Note that Sorcerer also has no SKL growth to help Elise aim. Witch does at least help SKL a little.)

Strategist&Exorcist have the same base SKL, so Exorcist won't give Elise any SKL as a final class.

You can only benefit from growth rates by leveling-up. But when your Exorcist!Elise has reached her cap, reclassing to Strategist can make her better.

Ps: Revenant Knight&Maid offers the same or higher SKL growth than Exorcist.

Strategist&Exorcist have the same base SKL, so Exorcist won't give Elise any SKL as a final class.

You can only benefit from growth rates by leveling-up. But when your Exorcist!Elise has reached her cap, reclassing to Strategist can make her better.

Ps: Revenant Knight&Maid offers the same or higher SKL growth than Exorcist.

I voted Revenant Knight for preferred and my post that you quoted supports the idea of Maid Elise, so yes, I am aware they also offer good SKL growth (Revenant Knight also gives her some DEF growth, which I love). Yes, you can certainly level Exorcist and then reclass to Strategist, especially since that will also get Elise Tomefaire for leveling as Exorcist, but Exorcist has slightly higher caps in SKL, SPD, and RES; you won't have to Parallel Seal back to Exorcist if you Eternal Seal Elise later down the line, which is just convenient; and it has A Tomes, which gives her access to Dragon God, Snake God, and Ginnungagap. Plus, of course, it isn't weak to anti-horse weapons. Does that outweigh Strategist's mounted movement, higher LUC cap, and A Staffs? Maybe yes, maybe no. However, it definitely means Exorcist isn't an "inferior" option.

I voted Revenant Knight for preferred and my post that you quoted supports the idea of Maid Elise, so yes, I am aware they also offer good SKL growth (Revenant Knight also gives her some DEF growth, which I love). Yes, you can certainly level Exorcist and then reclass to Strategist, especially since that will also get Elise Tomefaire for leveling as Exorcist, but Exorcist has slightly higher caps in SKL, SPD, and RES; you won't have to Parallel Seal back to Exorcist if you Eternal Seal Elise later down the line, which is just convenient; and it has A Tomes, which gives her access to Dragon God, Snake God, and Ginnungagap. Plus, of course, it isn't weak to anti-horse weapons. Does that outweigh Strategist's mounted movement, higher LUC cap, and A Staffs? Maybe yes, maybe no. However, it definitely means Exorcist isn't an "inferior" option.

But Exorcist is inferior.

Lightning makes Rank A not so useful, and not weak to anti-horse is meaningless because of low DEF.

Lightning isn't super-effective against dragons and is vulnerable to Magic Counter where a nuke like Ginnungagap might prevent that damage, and +2 move on a class that needs to stay behind your frontline is often wasted in a game without Canto.

Reverant Knight will be too annoying to use without grinding in encounters, or forges. Since it's painful to have to go through E rank to something that she doesn't get well enough in to make them useful anyway. Exorcist isn't a bad idea temporarily. Which it's recommended to keep Elise a Rod Knight until LV20 for that extra 20% Skill growth which Strategist only has 5% in. So...she should be one after getting to LV15 as Exorcist. She gets 35% in skill as an Exorcist while getting 45% as a Rod Knight while getting only 30% as a Strategist. The horse weakness is a problem, but she shouldn't be around too much enemies anyway. She still helps in finishing high Def Low Res units off that your Physical attackers may have trouble in KOing. But...being careful at the same time not to put her in danger of being sniped which she falls easily with her bad durability. She need all of the Pavise+Aegis+Support that she can get which she can A+ Effie for Pavise and S Support Silas for the Aegis skill.

EDIT: Ginnungagap is far superior to Lightning. It's deadly even with the nerfed Mag. Plus taking note that the negative effects do not apply to duel strikes (Support partner) (Attack/Guard stances) as well as getting rid of the negative traits even in duel strikes. Ginnungagap is powerful enough that it doesn't ever need to be forged! :D Plus a crit with it is far deadlier than Lightning which Ogre Strike can help in that predicament.

Reverant Knight will be too annoying to use without grinding in encounters, or forges. Since it's painful to have to go through E rank to something that she doesn't get well enough in to make them useful anyway. Exorcist isn't a bad idea temporarily. Which it's recommended to keep Elise a Rod Knight until LV20 for that extra 20% Skill growth which Strategist only has 5% in. So...she should be one after getting to LV15 as Exorcist. She gets 35% in skill as an Exorcist while getting 45% as a Rod Knight while getting only 30% as a Strategist. The horse weakness is a problem, but she shouldn't be around too much enemies anyway. She still helps in finishing high Def Low Res units off that your Physical attackers may have trouble in KOing. But...being careful at the same time not to put her in danger of being sniped which she falls easily with her bad durability. She need all of the Pavise+Aegis+Support that she can get which she can A+ Effie for Pavise and S Support Silas for the Aegis skill.

EDIT: Ginnungagap is far superior to Lightning. It's deadly even with the nerfed Mag. Plus taking note that the negative effects do not apply to duel strikes (Support partner) (Attack/Guard stances) as well as getting rid of the negative traits even in duel strikes. Ginnungagap is powerful enough that it doesn't ever need to be forged! :D Plus a crit with it is far deadlier than Lightning which Ogre Strike can help in that predicament.

Exorcist start with E-rank tomes as well as Reverant Knight. If tomes are too annoying for Elise, what is you idea to choose Exorcist? Actually, aren't tomes the only not-annoying choice to level up for a promoted Elise?

Have you ever tried a Elise with tomes, no matter her class is Reverant Knight, Exorcist or Strategist? I can't imagine that anyone will say "it's painful" after any trying: unless you meant "it's painful for her enemies".

Will you use Exorcist!Elise to tank any enemy with horse-killer weapons? If the answer is no, it doesn't matter to have horse weakness or not.

Will you use Elise with Pavise+Aegis to tank, hoping that she can survive from OHKOs with her low SKL? If the answer is no, Pavise and Aegis are meaningless.

Elise has a high MAG, so Lighting often deals more damage than Ginnungagap. Even Fire/Thunder is enough most of the time and Rank-A is not necessary.