What do you enjoy most about Fire Emblem?

Jedi

What about the series draws you in?

For me its the various lores, characters, mechanics and differences that each game has, the formula doesn't really feel stale at all. I also like how IS isn't afraid to try new things to see if they work (see Radiant Dawn and some of their mechanics in Fates, for a more recent look. and See the Kaga Era for alot of bizarre concepts attempted as well.)

It's easier to list things I don't like about the series than what I do like. Aside from those things I dislike I like just about everything about FE. The characters, the lore, the worlds, the artstyles, and the gameplay especially.

Radiant Dawn!

Okay on a serious note, I'm a fan of the high fantasy settings, and I love a game that's narrative-driven. Unfortunately I can't say the characterization has ever impressed me, but the setting and story can be super fun anyway. Combine that with tactical grid mechanics and the rpg class system, and you have games that I suck hours of my life into.

Edited by Radiant head

Characters, supports, story, gameplay, simplicity of how to play the games, artstyle of some games, community.

Like it's super easy to understand how and what to do in FE compared to other strategy games which one thing I've always liked.

honestly the gameplay between the games doesn't change too much

Edited by Ein

I enjoy the gameplay and music for the most part. The gameplay is hard at times, but I really enjoyed the learning process, especially when your strategy worked as expected. Fire Emblem isn't strong in the narrative department, but I still ended up liking many of the characters nonetheless. I also like many support conversations.

Edited by Ryo

The extreme calculability of all of the gameplay mechanics, minimalistic yet enjoyable plots, army-centric turn structure and permadeath are things I find the most enjoyable and are consistently present, even though the series itself is anything but static.

EDIT Okay, the plot-thing doesn't always hold true, now that I think about it for more than 3 seconds >_>

Edited by Topazd

What do I like most about FE? Its randomness. Sometimes getting blicked from some 2% crt, or you getting lucky sometimes, getting good level ups, then failing at some stats, etc.

Other stuff like the characters, animations, mechanics, some plot elements, etc., are pretty enjoyable.

I'm all about the maps and mechanics. I love hard and unique maps. I'm also a big fan of low growths on all units makes a good level feel alot more rewarding unlike 13 where every unit is good and normally caps a crazy amount of stats 1st tier though, 2nd tier caps are really high.

To a lesser degree I also like the plots although this can be pushed aside for some games like Shadow Dragon.

I like the fun tactical gameplay and the characters and how you come to care for each one of them, due to their character development in supports and personality. The music is also usually great.

Typically, the medieval type story and setting and characters and how well they're done draws me in. I've just always liked European medieval themes. I also enjoy the gameplay. This is coming from someone that doesn't like chess and FE's gameplay is kinda like it.

The characters. I love the variety of characters.

The music. Each game so far has had awesome music.

The gameplay. Each game has the same core mechanics, but also something a little unique to each one that makes each one a little different.

The stories. So far, there's only been one story in all the games that I've thought was only "meh." Otherwise, I've loved them all.

Rng, pure random fun. Even though its super easy to control everything in GBA FE...

Its also the only SRPG I've found that I can enjoy the mechanics of it fully. SMT: Devil Survivor was pretty good but it felt too much like an RPG and not SRPG.

I like when the gameplay gets challenging (As long as the challenge is fair. i.e. No enemies bumrushing you in an open field kind of situation)

I also really like the music in this game. Some of the best music i listened to came from the FE series.

For me, the gameplay and mechanics are what make the games. It's very easy to pick up and play, and you can learn the rules along the way thanks to the intuitive menus and creative maps. Still, the setting and characters arguably makes the series what it is even more, and make it more engaging than just a board game with marked pieces.

Almost everything I enjoy has already been said. The strategic gameplay, the narrative (depending on which game), the characters, the overall writing, and even the music.

One thing I want to mention, though, is the artwork and animation, particularly in the GBA games. Watching the critical animations for things like assassins and heroes is always enjoyable.

The gameplay that demands thinking for you to succeed. I also love how simple the game is without being easy, in fact being more "strategic" than every other, apparently more complex, SRPG I've played.

oh I also love the permadeath

Edited by Nobody