Favourite weapon type in Fates?

Mads

Favourite weapon type in Fates  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite type of weapon in Fire Emblem: Fates?

• Swords/Katanas
    • Lances/Naginatas
    • Axes/Clubs
    • Kunai/Shurikens
    • Bows/Yumi
    • Tomes/Spells
    • Staves/Batons
    • Beast and dragon stones

So yeah. Your favourite type of weapon. I've included staves just incase, since one of them can actually (sort of) do damage now

Edited by Mads

Magic is always the best. Period.

Pretty much. I'm the guy who always goes Wizard/Spellcaster/Warlock/whatever the game decides to call its primary magic users. Anything that can shoot lightning, teleport and create shields is a plus in my book.

In Fire Emblem I'm stuck with shooting lightning at fools, but I think Anders the Mage of Dragon Age: Awakening would agree with me when I say it's an essential part of life, so I'm content.

Bows.Really, Bows got buff in this game.Bow users are amazing and extremely useful and are pretty good in all three paths.Out of all the bow users, only Setsuna has let me down once due to getting RNG screwed.

Anders the Mage of Dragon Age: Awakening

oh man so many bad memories

so many bad memories

I forgot, I do actually like transform stones. Because muh Manaketes. Muh Garou. Muh Foxies.

Are you talking about Dragon Age II?

You're probably talking about Dragon Age II.

Yeah. Poor Anders. Such a good character. Then DA2.

At least there's no Anders in Fire Emblem. Right?

Yeah. Poor Anders. Such a good character. Then DA2.

At least there's no Anders in Fire Emblem. Right?

It really caught me by surprise, coming from the fantastic Dragon Age: Origins to Dragon Age II and slowly realize the writing is shit and I'm playing as a glorified city-wide janitor, and Inquisition is not much better. But yeah, damn...Anders would just never stop whining; what happened to the jokes?! I swear half of that game was written by an edgy 14-year-old.

Are you talking about Fates? I can't think of someone who never stops whining at least, but I can think of a lot of other negative things to say about the cast. Sadly, that list can be made very long.

It really caught me by surprise, coming from the fantastic Dragon Age: Origins to Dragon Age II and slowly realize the writing is shit and I'm playing as a glorified city-wide janitor, and Inquisition is not much better. But yeah, damn...Anders would just never stop whining; what happened to the jokes?! I swear half of that game was written by an edgy 14-year-old.

Are you talking about Fates? I can't think of someone who never stops whining at least, but I can think of a lot of other negative things to say about the cast. Sadly, that list can be made very long.

Honestly I liked Dragon Age II. I even liked it more then the first. But the writing... I'll easily admit it isn't the best. DAO has way better writing.

And Fates. Yeah... though... there's one character that's a mage I don't like.

Tsukuyomi_portrait.png

... Though this is mildly derailing the topic, my apologies. lmao

Honestly I liked Dragon Age II. I even liked it more then the first. But the writing... I'll easily admit it isn't the best. DAO has way better writing.

And Fates. Yeah... though... there's one character that's a mage I don't like.

Tsukuyomi_portrait.png

... Though this is mildly derailing the topic, my apologies. lmao

Hey, you can never derail a thread with Dragon Age!

I can't see how you liked the second game, but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I just can't stand being a janitor in a boring, lifeless city in the middle of nowhere surrounded by whiny people who're supposed to be my trusty partners on an epic journey through life. The fact that the game never once gave me the option to tell people to just shut up, leave me alone or just grab them by the shoulders and tell them they're stupid to the core and beyond all help (coughMerrill'spersonalquestcough) saddened me - I mean, it shouldn't be necessary to begin with, but if there's any game out there that needs such options, it's Dragon Age II. At least you've got semi competent people with you in Inquisition. Oh well, I sold both games once I was done with them - they were just so dull and lifeless that they gave me no joy to play through, and the writing was so damn bad - thank goodness I never romanced someone, because we all know how Bioware romance usually ends up: very, very awkwardly.

Okay, now we should probably get back to weapons. The Mjölnir Tome on Ophelia is amazing. In fact, it was so amazing that I mentally named her Critelia and chuckled at my complete lack of imagination when it comes to names everytime she slaughtered a red shirt.

Edited by Thane

Magic all the way! I've always preferred magic users over physical units. Plus, if Awakening's tome animations are any indication, they're going to look beautiful.

Though I'm also liking how the Kunai/Shuriken are looking. I like the additional debuff effects and the whole "hidden weapons" thing.

I really like Kunai. The whole de-buff I imagine will be amazing when training units, and in story, and in PVP! Plus...I have a weird obsession with daggers...heh.

I really like Kunai. The whole debuffing mechanic I imagine will be amazing when training units, and in story, and in PVP! Plus...I have a weird obsession with daggers...heh.

In order:

Staffs

Tomes

Kunai = Bows

Swords = Spears

Axes = Stones

I am so pleased that the Fates staves have been expanded so far beyond the FEA ones *_* My army of staff-users shall triumph!!!

Edited by Luninareph

I voted axes because frying pan, but staves are a close second.

As a White Blood or another staff-using class, the Avatar's access to the convoy makes them a core utility unit, able to pull out any staff you have and use it immediately. All of those situational staves mostly just waste space in your other units' inventories, but the Avatar can use them whenever they need them. I was saved a reset several times by pulling out a Freeze or Vanished Disaster.

Edited by gayserbeam