FE: Fates survey result will be revealed in this week's Famitsu

Ryo

Really surprised neither Hinoka nor Sakura made the list ??

alskdfj Oboro got lucky number seven though, and Takumi got first !! * U *

I am extremely pleased -I personally voted for Oboro lolol

please make more Oboro merch now

I would buy a million figures // nendoroids

In a way i'm not surprised since the writers gave Hinoka and Sakura next to no plot importance (hinoka is an interesting antagonist on Conquest from what I've heard though), but I from what i've read of Hinoka's support conversations a lot of them have really good writing and do good things for Hinoka's character. Also see this post from someone who's played the game and speaks about Hinoka: http://ammie-plays-fe14.tumblr.com/post/125375833142/ive-always-found-it-kind-of-sad-at-how-quickly

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey thane didn't you said aqua was hated by all the japanesse I guess you where so wrong in that :^) , im surprised for oboro at least I won't use her to amplify my spite for the other units like some people do and yes oboro is a great unit with great supports so its well derseved , IDGAF about blame takumi

In a way i'm not surprised since the writers gave Hinoka and Sakura next to no plot importance (hinoka is an interesting antagonist on Conquest from what I've heard though), but I from what i've read of Hinoka's support conversations a lot of them have really good writing and do good things for Hinoka's character. Also see this post from someone who's played the game and speaks about Hinoka: http://ammie-plays-fe14.tumblr.com/post/125375833142/ive-always-found-it-kind-of-sad-at-how-quickly

...It's a real shame that Sakura and Hinoka don't seem to have much plot importance. To be honest, I think Hinoka might be my favorite Hoshidan royal.

hey thane didn't you said aqua was hated by all the japanesse I guess you where so wrong in that :^) , im surprised for oboro at least I won't use her to amplify my spite for the other units like some people do and yes oboro is a great unit with great supports so its well derseved , IDGAF about blame takumi

Well to be fair to Thane, Japan is also known for not having great taste.

'least in the states.

Oboro is honestly a shocker, I never would have thought she would be so well received. Glad people read and appreciated her supports. Same with Takumi.

Owain's staying power is really admirable. I know Japan was not happy about the Awakening characters returning so his high placement is also a bit of a shock too. Then again he did only rank behind the two lords for the Awakening poll.

Well, I've played the game multiple times as well, and I still prefer Hinoka and Sakura as opposed to Camilla and Elise;

honestly, Camilla's personality is just overbearing and uncomfortable, and while Elise is adorable, I feel like Sakura's a lot more mature and defined as a character. I'm just saying that I'm surprised Hinoka and Sakura were the royal siblings to not make it to the top ten;

Elise and Camilla just seem so...stereotypical -don't get me wrong though, I still like them, just my personal opinion I've developed after playing all three sides of the story (to be fair, I deleted my Nohr file before I finished and skipped a lot of the cutscenes, but I've watched playthroughs)

Also, while I agree that Hinoka and Sakura have little plot importance, neither does Ryouma, really.

Or...well, any of the royal siblings depending on what side you play. Really Takumi, Leon, and perhaps Elise were the only ones that stood out to me.

But again, that's just imo, not really looking to start a argument // for a rebuttal, if I sound a bit bitter, my apolgies ! ; A ; I have a killer headache.

Personally, I preferred Sakura to Elise. They're both all right, but Sakura surprised me more - with how she's willing to fight against you and not back off when she really believes in something. Elise just seems stereotypically "cute". Camilla and Hinoka are both "meh" to me, but for different reasons. All four sisters seem way too Kamui-centric, they're really not as interesting. And even then Takumi and Leon were the most interesting (well, to me at least).

While Elise started off stronger for me impression-wise I think Sakura has really grown on me over Elise now after reading all her supports. Don't get me wrong, I still like Elise, especially in her conversation with Aqua, but there's a lot of strengths in Sakura's character than just lol shy cleric. I wish the game utilized the Hoshidan sisters more. I like them both a lot.

I mean, props to Elise for being a younger character to leave a good first impression to me, though. I tend to not be interested in most younger characters, so that's something.

Nendoroids are pricey too, actually. My Cynthia one from Pokemon cost $50. >.< Though it also came with Garchomp...

$50 for a Nendoroid sounds pretty standard to me. Never bought one but I've seen them in manga stores.

ARE YOU A NENDOROID OR A FIGMA?

YOU'RE A NENDOROID NOW~ YOU'RE A FIGMA NOW~

Lilith plushie or bust.

$50 for a Nendoroid sounds pretty standard to me. Never bought one but I've seen them in manga stores.

YOU'RE A NENDOROID NOW~ YOU'RE A FIGMA NOW~

Lilith plushie or bust.

~$50 is pretty standard, especially if you take shipping into consideration.

Some of the ones I've bought though (Kancolle and Madoka ones) have base prices that are a lot pricer ~

all this nendoroid and figma talk.

Now I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get any FE:if ones ; m ;

Hm, mixed opinions about the results.

On the negative side, the majority praising the children mechanic makes me think it will become a permanent fixture (which means instant marriages, everyone supporting everyone, fewer platonic supports) in the series, no matter how contrived. It would have been nice to hear peoples' opinions on the story but they would only post people praising it, so I guess it's all for the best.

For positives, I am pleased that Oboro not only made the top ten character list but beat out Aqua. This is an impressive accomplishment for being neither a main character nor a Kamui-worshiper. I hope she gets a figure. I'd buy one. Poor Hinoka and Sakura. They were too irrelevant to even place.

I look forward to seeing the complete popularity list. It's not really fair to compare the royals to the other characters.

Edited by NekoKnight

Good on Takumi for winning the poll. Can't say I have anyone I was really rooting for, I may my judgement on characters based on the localization. That said, Oboro was a bit of a darkhorse. I never would've expected her to rank. Though from what I hear she's kinda like Cordelia, Japan must love those types

I knew Takumi would be No.1 !! Based on pixiv I thought it will be him or Leon LoL , haha, btw good for Leon too! Both otoutos lead the poll.

Awww! Oboro is in the top 10! You go girl! So good more people think good of her. I find her voice very curious, but it's funny how Famitsu choice that comment about her voice, for the magazine

I wonder if the results of this survey will be used to determine character merchandise? If so, Takumi figma and Camilla scale figure are go!

I hope so!! I would gladly will buy a figma, nendoroid, amiibo, whatever of Lord Tankumi! Or like that picture of Mox say: "Takumi4smash" !

...I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'm curious. What chapter does this happen?

Hoshido CH. 18 you can read a translation of what happen in the chapter: Here, translated by acarnivalofstars

I totally expected to see Takumi and Leo as the top two characters. I've been kind of staying away from game news to avoid spoiling myself, BUT I am an avid fanart collector and there definitely seems to be more fanart of those two than any other character (only exception might be Kamui). In fact, all of the Top 10 seem to be very popular fanart choices. I guess all they really had to do was check out pixiv rather than poll people. :p

I have some mixed feelings about some of the results especially with the kids. I seriously hoped Intsys takes a break from the children in the next game, but with the majority saying that they like them it very likely won't be ending any time soon. With Phoenix Mode I found that result hilarious and I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes back again.

Besides that though I am very happy to see that Takumi, Leo, Elise, and Oboro made it to the top ten. I was not expecting Oboro to be that popular tbqh, but I was wrong. While it was unsurprising to see Xander on the top ten I was not expecting Ryoma to be at the bottom. It was also surprising seeing Kamui not make it on top ten at all esp after seeing how well Robin did in the previous poll. Maybe it's a sign that Intsys needs to put away the Avatar idea.

Edited by Frelia

Good on Takumi for winning the poll. Can't say I have anyone I was really rooting for, I may my judgement on characters based on the localization. That said, Oboro was a bit of a darkhorse. I never would've expected her to rank. Though from what I hear she's kinda like Cordelia, Japan must love those types

I don't think that's the reason. From what I've seen she's not like Cordelia at all; I think people just got that impression from her initial blurb that said she had a crush on Takumi. She can actually S support with Takumi, and her crush doesn't become a character gimmick. It's also not mentioned in her other S supports. The main reasons seem to be that she got some good-quality supports all around and people liked her voice.

And about Suzukaze, it's true I liked his design at first, but I had a problem with his role in the story of Conquest, so that made me like him less personally.

Man this thread just exploded while I was sleeping apparently

On topic more, Servant's Joy seems weird, but I guess it might be because Felicia/Jakob and "everyone uses them" and they get it "practically instantaneously"

I tend to overlook it...but I guess it means one less person you have to heal which is very good as well

Astra wins the skill section by an "overwhelming" margin, mostly because unlike aether and dragon fang it's fairly accessible, high output, fills shield gauge....I guess?

To be honest though, I do wonder how did easy life get on the list? It sounds so weird.....

I don't really know what to say about Phoenix mode. I think it's fair, so it'll probably stay at this rate, (To me, it's still a fair proportion of the players..though how many of them are newer players, it's hard to say. That being said, it doesn't really prepare players for the "actual game" so ..I don't know)

Also, I would say kind of odd that Lifetaker made it onto the list..yeah the list probably doesn't "care about" "self imposed challenges" like no buying dlc skills (I still stand by my argument that buying skills breaks the game into tiny pieces)

The boots one, I would have liked it if they made it like an equip item (..It makes sense, doesn't it kind of?) Though it would break with tradition, so it's not really likely to happen, but it would remove the "I didn't use it because I didn't know who to give it to" "problem".

(It depends..on how many people have these kinds of decision dilemmas in the first place..)

I think starting with Awakening perhaps, and probably moreso in this game, we have had more healers..(also more physical + magic users I believe? I didn't precisely count the numbers though), so the army of healers thing is really kind of funny.

(And now I have this scary vision of legions of professional fire emblem players roflstomping lunatic mode)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Wtf...? Aqua/Azura is literally the face of the game. Why on earth would you object to her getting a full figma like Lucina? <.<

She's the face of the third route, not the game. Hell, you can completely forget about her in the other routes.

I'd like to say that she got that high thanks to the boatload of people who married her. Story reasons.

She's the face of the third route, not the game. Hell, you can completely forget about her in the other routes.

I'd like to say that she got that high thanks to the boatload of people who married her. Story reasons.

You can forget Lucina exists in Awakening because she's as relevant to the plot as Lyn is to FE7.

Aqua has an actual presence, Lucina is only there to introduce a plot thread that Awakening does horrendously and is forgotten pretty much from then on.

She was heavily involved in marketing though. Every promotional trailer either had her face or singing it it.

You can forget Lucina exists in Awakening because she's as relevant to the plot as Lyn is to FE7.

Aqua has an actual presence, Lucina is only there to introduce a plot thread that Awakening does horrendously and is forgotten pretty much from then on.

Which makes it worse how she's still super popular to begin with imo. At least Aqua has a role, Lucina just kinda tags along.