FE: Fates survey result will be revealed in this week's Famitsu

Ryo

Also, what does "I hope they put effort into the stories for FE from now on!" mean? They made a good story or not?

Awakening's story wasn't really the best; those are some of the comments I see floating around. And from what I hear, Fates's story isn't the best either. I haven't played Fates though, so don't take me up on it.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what does "I hope they put effort into the stories for FE from now on!" mean? They made a good story or not?

For me, I interpreted as "The story was a small improvement so I hope you guys continue to go in that direction!"

Note how I used the word 'small'.

do it

make the dream happen

I did it

[spoiler=butter this bad boy up]

voooIXu.png

maybe i'll do a better quality/cleaner version when i have more time

ngl I'm pretty guilty of lobster thirst but I would not have minded if they didn't give me the option to S rank him (it would have definitely be better for the story to not be able to). I was prepared for not being able to S him and then... turns out you can.

RIP having principles, it was nice knowing you, now they gave us that option. Thanks game, thanks.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I did it

voooIXu.png

ngl I'm pretty guilty of lobster thirst but I would not have minded if they didn't give me the option to S rank him (it would have definitely be better for the story to not be able to). I was prepared for not being able to S him and then... turns out you can.

RIP having principles, it was nice knowing you, now they gave us that option. Thanks game, thanks.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY NICE NICE NICE

Ryouma looks ready to get down on the dance floor hahahahha

my drawing hand twitches for Formal Attire DLC

sorry if the style of all of their dresses aren't very consistent to their time period whoops

I might do the guys, who knows

tumblr_nul1g7xD3P1rzdrddo1_1280.png

I did it

voooIXu.png

Both of you just FUCCCCCK WH DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

IT FEELS LIKE YOU"RE TORTURING ME SPECIFICALLY

LOBSTER AND HINOKA? GODSSSSSS

Hahaha! I feel the same way about Xander. I should never have had an option. we are all disgusting sinners.

Hahaha! I feel the same way about Xander. I should never have had an option. we are all disgusting sinners.

I'm in the otouto boat here with Takumi. Living sinner can confirm.

As much as Takumi is my favorite character (and Oboro my favorite female character), I don't want to marry them. Part of it is the sibling reasons (Takumi comes off as very sibling-ly), but also likely because I dislike Kamui and think he's a failure of a self-insert and that my favorite characters deserve better.

I really, really dislike Kamui.

Well I just think that as you guys, as the people playing, are attracted to those characters and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It just so happens the character you're playing as has some sort of familial bond to those characters which makes you conflicted about marrying them since you can only marry them through this character you're playing as.

But if you are attracted to these characters, I don't see any problems with that.

At least that's how I see it.

Edited by carefreejules

I think the reason the sibling thing bothers me a lot and it's a barrier I won't cross is because I can really separate myself from the character. No matter how much I may "want" a certain character, the self-insert I am controlling is not me. They are a character in the game with a determined sets of family ties, and since I am not the actual character I should try to make decisions that make sense in my mind with what the character would do. Which is why the siblings are off-limits for me.

Not to say that I have problems with anyone who wants to marry the siblings, because I don't. I'm just giving my reasons as to why I personally don't like it and why it's a problem for me personally.

And nowadays, the bigger issue is "I absolutely hate Kamui's guts and refuse to pair this failure of a character with my two favorite characters anyway".

I guess I have an on-off switch when it comes to player-story action integration. Like when I play Assassin's Creed, usually I actually try to play like an actual Assassin and like how Ezio would've approached the mission, but sometimes, yaknow

it's also fun to just go in and wreck every guard's day ever even though that's pretty mean of me and ezio wouldn't have killed people that weren't necessary to die in his mission

So although I think Kamui a shit, I'm just going to turn off the story entirely when I go S rank Ryouma, or something, and pretend my Kamui isn't nearly as big of an idiot as they are in canon. When I start caring about plot, he's going with Rinka. Or Crimson if I had that option to, but alas.

Edited by Thor Odinson

my drawing hand twitches for Formal Attire DLC

sorry if the style of all of their dresses aren't very consistent to their time period whoops

I might do the guys, who knows

tumblr_nul1g7xD3P1rzdrddo1_1280.png

I did it

voooIXu.png

Nice art but I can't help but feel the Hoshidans would be better off wearing their own culture's formal attire.

Hnnnngh, kimono Hinoka and Sakura

Edited by NekoKnight

I did it

voooIXu.png

oh dAMN

He looks NICE~

hey don't worry I'm pretty guilty for having a thirst for Marx, myself ha ha, ahhh....;.;

...now I want to draw some, myself..except I'm not sure what time period ~exactly~ this world takes place in...

Edited by spiderbrush

Uh, I guess it was fine for Serenes fans then that you could marry your siblings? Maybe I am just being judgemental. The only ones that I have seen being actively against it here is probably Thane, Sunwoo and myself. I don't really identify myself into Kamui either (my own personality is closer to Robin's, instead of this shounen hero) and I kinda like Sakura, but any S-support between Kamui and the siblings will only be due to filling the library. Nothing more.

That said, I didn't intend to slight those who do wants such pairings. And maybe my opinion changes if somebody writes a decent fanfiction about the forbidden sibling love. Even George R.R Martion ships siblings.

any S-support between Kamui and the siblings will only be due to filling the library. Nothing more.

That said, I didn't intend to slight those who do wants such pairings. And maybe my opinion changes if somebody writes a decent fanfiction about the forbidden sibling love. Even George R.R Martion ships siblings.

I'm pretty much this. I kinda still have to wrap my head around the fact that

Corrin and Azura are cousins though (doesn't help that I have no planned marriage partner for Azura).

I also have a slight issue with marrying child characters. Tbh, I tried to at least go for the Camilla/Hinoka ship, but in the end I just felt a bad taste in my mouth not too different from marrying Lucina in Awakening.

It just ain't for me, and admitting I don't want to marry kids does pigeonhole me into not having the best Kanna I could possibly have, which hurts my optimizing nature. Doesn't help that Anna has a =Speed Mod... If anyone wants to do that, good on them, I hope they enjoy their not blood related Waifu.

But seriously why does Anna have =Speed...better yet why are Saizou and Kagerou snails as well?

And yeah, I prefer Robin a lot more than Corrin as well. I just like Corrin as a unit because he has more versatility than Robin with Nohr/Copycat/Yato/etc.

Edited by Jakkun

I kinda still have to wrap my head around the fact that Corrin and Azura are

cousins though

...Dude, what? Spoiler tags, please. I get that this is the Fates board and a Fates thread, but some people would still like to talk about it spoiler-free, and the thread title/OP doesn't have any spoiler warnings.

But I learn this after seeing that Azura is the most married unit in the game... Ew. Gross.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm also one who will never marry any of the siblings and definitely not Aqua (for an entirely different reason, though). At least with the Hoshido siblings,

the fact that you're not related doesn't come up unless you marry them. I can at least pretend they're full-blooded siblings. It still irritates me that the Nohr siblings are only half-siblings, too. I got so excited when the second trailer came out and I thought we'd get a game focused on Kamui and his family struggling with whatever issues the plot threw at them together. Oh, well.

I'm just gonna acknowledge the giant elephant in the room and say how it seems a lot of people, if not all, would consider the quality of the game a bit higher if IS kept the siblings off limits to begin with because at least they're caring more about wanting to portray this conflict between choosing family of birth ti family if loyalty.

Like I wouldn't mind if they still wanted to drop the plot twist that you're not actually related to either of them because they could have potentially shown more development for Kamui and how they deal with this revelation in the main story instead of just cheaply throwing in the plot twist in the supports of all places.

I think it would have been a neat paralell to see Kamui feeling conflicted just like how they felt conflicted when choosing sides.

I know there are a lot of loop holes in my suggestion but these are just my thoughts.

Edited by carefreejules

...Dude, what? Spoiler tags, please.

IM SORRY.

I'll edit that tag in then, wasn't thinking. Just wanted to add my 2 cents in and forgot a fundamental rule, like always.

...now I feel like shit again.

EDIT: might want to edit your linked comment to accomodate.

Edited by Jakkun

Uh, I guess it was fine for Serenes fans then that you could marry your siblings? Maybe I am just being judgemental. The only ones that I have seen being actively against it here is probably Thane, Sunwoo and myself. I don't really identify myself into Kamui either (my own personality is closer to Robin's, instead of this shounen hero) and I kinda like Sakura, but any S-support between Kamui and the siblings will only be due to filling the library. Nothing more.

You can add me to that list. Not keen on the relational relationships (?)

I did identify with Robin more as well.

Nope. Carefreejuices is right; the general opinion around here is that "sibling" marriage detracts from the game. It's just that, when most people hold the same opinion, there isn't active discussion about it; after all, most people view it the same way.

Yeah, I was so desensitized at my realization of that spoiler that I assumed it was news to everyone. Will make sure to keep that stuff hidden.

Doesn't help that she was my planned marriage in the first place and now, between that and the fact that

I miss out on a kid if I marry her (not just her, but any first-gen unit that's not "Corrin-Sexual").

Note: This only applies to playing as a male. So like, if you marry Ryouma or something you'll be fine.

I don't really know what to do.

I mean, outside of that, and the fact that I don't want to marry any kids because I feel like a Psuedo-Pedo, my only options are like, Anna, Yuugiri, Crimson and Flora. I like Anna because of the fact that she's funny to me with Mr. Krabs antics, and Flora's ok I guess, but...

Crimson is Hoshido only, and dies on the 3rd route

and Yuugiri isn't really that interesting to me. Decent unit tho.

IS' choices for sibling relation and marriage options, etc. just confuse me to no end. At least in Awakening I wouldn't get penalized for marrying a character that's not a kid.

Edited by Jakkun