FE: Fates survey result will be revealed in this week's Famitsu

Ryo

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Takumi, Leon and Marx took the top spots. No scans to confirm yet...

So Takumi may be the most popular character? Hope that tells IS a certain something.

Edited by The DanMan

So Takumi may be the most popular character? Hope that tells IS a certain something.

That they think an Archer was finally built right

Well, Xander is also one of the most popular characters and he's got the personality of a dry potato. Although I suppose his supports are good.

Still, glad to see Kamui isn't the most popular character; Robin was ranked very highly, just like most self-insert protagonists. If anything, I hope that sends a message.

I'd like to see Xander as the winner here

Despite thinking that his tiara is kinda silly, the dude watches his father melt and inherits a kingdom. What's Takumi got, besides MCHammer's pants and a plot twist to redefine all plot twists from here until the end of time

Is there no love for Ryoma? :( And I honestly thought Hoshido characters would be at the top anyway because...you know, Japan.

But maybe if Nohr's gameplay is liked more, that might tell IS that taking away what RD had was the wrong move. Still, I don't want Nohr to be liked more due to things like fanservice and Awakening characters/clones...

Edited by Anacybele

Is there no love for Ryoma? :( And I honestly thought Hoshido characters would be at the top anyway because...you know, Japan.

But maybe if Nohr's gameplay is liked more, that might tell IS that taking away what RD had was the wrong move. Still, I don't want Nohr to be liked more due to things like fanservice and Awakening characters/clones...

Hate to break it to you, but the general consensus seems to be that the Nohrian characters are much better. Sure, Camilla is loved only because of her breasts and Xander because of his dashing good looks, but overall the cast is simply more colorful.

Oh don't worry, Hoshido has the three not-characters compared to Nohr having 3 once-child characters.

Hate to break it to you, but the general consensus seems to be that the Nohrian characters are much better. Sure, Camilla is loved only because of her breasts and Xander because of his dashing good looks, but overall the cast is simply more colorful.

...Ew. Seriously. I thought the Nohr character designs were a lot worse than Hoshido's, mainly because of the oversexualization of several of them (Camilla, Charlotte, the dark mages, etc). I also don't think Xander is that attractive at all. Ryoma is way hotter to me (and this is coming from someone that usually always prefers shorter hair on men). And Japan thinks the Hoshido ones are worse when they're based off of their OWN culture? I have a hard time making sense of this...

But then again, I seem to always find Japan's favored characters bad... Except Ike, it seems (since he placed FIRST in the popularity poll).

Oh don't worry, Hoshido has the three not-characters compared to Nohr having 3 once-child characters.

Huh? Weren't all the Awakening characters/clones in Nohr? If not, well, good thing I was never planning on bothering with the kids. Except maybe Ryoma's since I think he looks kinda like Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

Didn't you just admit he also had some good supports?

But yeah, now that I've read up on a lot of supports, the Nohrians overall have the upper hand. Heck, even the Three Idiots are more self aware and tolerable than they were before. The Hoshidans are just... blander, with a couple exceptions.

Edited by The DanMan

Didn't you just admit he also had some good supports?

But yeah, now that I've read up on a lot of supports, the Nohrians overall have the upper hand. Heck, even the Three Idiots are more self aware and tolerable than they were before.

I sure did, you make it sound like I just confessed to something serious. However, I've hardly seen his supports mentioned by his fans, which stands in stark contrast to his "dashing good looks", which I said as a joke. The problem most people seem to have with Xander, myself included, is his role in the main story, Conquest in particular.

Definitely. I'm still not very interested in them for obvious reasons, but the impression I get is that they are handled better than in Awakening. That is, if we ignore that awful DLC. Also, we shouldn't forget the great Hoshido characters like Takumi and Oboro.

...Ew. Seriously. I thought the Nohr character designs were a lot worse than Hoshido's, mainly because of the oversexualization of several of them (Camilla, Charlotte, the dark mages, etc). I also don't think Xander is that attractive at all. Ryoma is way hotter to me (and this is coming from someone that usually always prefers shorter hair on men). And Japan thinks the Hoshido ones are worse when they're based off of their OWN culture? I have a hard time making sense of this...

I don't know what to tell you except that I'm no fan of almost any design in the entire game - I think the vast majority of characters look downright bad or silly. I also hate the fan service as much as the next guy. That said, in spite of that, Nohr's characters tend to be a tad bit more interesting; Charlotte is honestly one of the best characters in the game if you ask me.

...Ew. Seriously. I thought the Nohr character designs were a lot worse than Hoshido's, mainly because of the oversexualization of several of them (Camilla, Charlotte, the dark mages, etc). I also don't think Xander is that attractive at all. Ryoma is way hotter to me. And Japan thinks the Hoshido ones are worse when they're based off of their OWN culture? I have a hard time making sense of this...

But then again, I seem to always find Japan's favored characters bad... Except Ike, it seems (since he placed FIRST in the popularity poll).

Ryoma's 300 lbs of ridiculous hair and impractical helmet did it in for me and Asama's spikefro is just as bad

Also, Odin is just as equally sexualized as Nyx in Nohr i.e. they both look stupidly dressed

For what I've seen of the gameplay though, Camilla is fan-flipping-tastic and absolutely crucial to just about any run you're doing on harder difficulties in Nohr due to the curve of difficulty. I might need a pointer on who the you gotta use these units are in Hoshido. Also, while thier official art is sexualized, you really don't notice it in gameplay as after the initial shock value, the only other times you notice it are when browsing item menus and supports and stuff. I guess the cutscenes are sexualized.

All of that aside, to me, the idea of rebuilding an "evil" empire from the inside is more thought provoking than just another fire emblem game where you're the hero of all things righteous and once again, storm out to show the world that being good is all that matters. Your dad is a jerk, and your upbringing is different from the norm as in controversial. I feel like that sets the tone for FE:Nohr to have a slightly more attractive character base just because the premise is different.

[spoiler=Speaking of Sexualization (Mild Spoilers, Female Character Screenshot comp.)]

For what it's worth, just as many Hoshidan females show their abs as Nohrian, and Kagerou shows off just as much cleavage as the next girl

739.jpg

Huh? Weren't all the Awakening characters/clones in Nohr? If not, well, good thing I was never planning on bothering with the kids. Except maybe Ryoma's since I think he looks kinda like Ike.

Two female kids and One male kid are FE:A repeats in Hoshido. It's vice versa for Nohr.

I sure did, you make it sound like I just confessed to something serious. However, I've hardly seen his supports mentioned by his fans, which stands in stark contrast to his "dashing good looks", which I said as a joke. The problem most people seem to have with Xander, myself included, is his role in the main story, Conquest in particular.

Definitely. I'm still not very interested in them for obvious reasons, but the impression I get is that they are handled better than in Awakening. That is, if we ignore that awful DLC. Also, we shouldn't forget the great Hoshido characters like Takumi and Oboro.

Maybe "admit" carried too strong of an implication. And yeah, Xander's story role is a drunken dream of the Camus archetype.

Also, the full quote said "The Hoshidans are blander, with a couple exceptions". Takumi and Oboro are the two that I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by The DanMan

Speaking as a Xander fan, it's the tragic prince thing he's got going on (in supports and the main plot) + his whole 'gotta repress all my feelings' deal. Sure looks help, but Leon's generally held as the way 'prettier' prince. I know I jumped that ship once we started getting plot/personality stuff.

Marx is really well written, so that's a plus, too.

Ryoma's 300 lbs of ridiculous hair and impractical helmet did it in for me and Asama's spikefro is just as bad

Also, Odin is just as equally sexualized as Nyx in Nohr i.e. they both look stupidly dressed

For what I've seen of the gameplay though, Camilla is fan-flipping-tastic and absolutely crucial to just about any run you're doing on harder difficulties in Nohr due to the curve of difficulty. I might need a pointer on who the you gotta use these units are in Hoshido. Also, while thier official art is sexualized, you really don't notice it in gameplay as after the initial shock value, the only other times you notice it are when browsing item menus and supports and stuff. I guess the cutscenes are sexualized.

739.jpg

I like Ryoma's hair and his helmet... :(

And yeah, I get that Nohr has that rebuild a nation from the inside stuff, but I also heard people say that they were disappointed with how this was carried out. But really, the characters were what made me go to Hoshido's side, so...

Also, if that's all females, where's...Foleo, was it? Don't tell me this character is male... SERIOUSLY, SHE LOOKS MORE FEMININE THAN LUCIUS. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

I was just about to post all the scans I got xD But those are the two most important. The one with Takumi is "character most satisfied/content with" (favorite) and the one with Aqua is indeed "most married."

Edited by Kirokan