FE: Fates survey result will be revealed in this week's Famitsu

Ryo

I love how Oboro's voice was a reason people liked her~ I love her voice~ XD

Also glad there actually are people who like the children~ I feel they get so much hate they don't totally deserve~ Everyone's free to opinion, but I just think a few of them suffer more from lackluster writing than the mechanic actually being bad, which makes people find them unnecessary~

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the children were written spectacularly, then they might not get as much hate. But it still doesn't change the fact that marriage and children have absolutely no effect in the plot (unlike FE4 and Awakening), were not necessary, and a lot of the characters in this game as well as a good chunk of the plot wasn't even handled well anyway.

I like Ryoma's hair and his helmet... :(

And yeah, I get that Nohr has that rebuild a nation from the inside stuff, but I also heard people say that they were disappointed with how this was carried out. But really, the characters were what made me go to Hoshido's side, so...

Also, if that's all females, where's...Foleo, was it? Don't tell me this character is male... SERIOUSLY, SHE LOOKS MORE FEMININE THAN LUCIUS. -_-

this doesn't appear to have been answered

yeah, Foleo's a guy

So, 1211 people explicitly didn't like the 2nd generation compared to the 2132 who explicitly liked it (1674 seems to be split, so not included).

Great. Just freaking great.

Holy Bowman beat Trueblade by two votes. It's popularity is probably because of popular character numero uno and it being the best reclass for the killager.

Also, from the "special messages" section:

"I hope they put effort into the stories for FE from now on!"

...I'm not sure if this was a compliment

"I had the impression it was a “difficult game,” but that changed. I intend to challenge myself and play the other games in the series."

This gal gets it.

;) Now, I do not like this poll for making me insecure in my masculinity for liking Leon. I mean, yeah, I expected him to be popular with the ladies, but didn't one guy say something good enough about him to be included in the three responses? ;)

I'm surprised at how few people did hard/casual, as that (with the "casual challenge" in play) is my modus operandi with Awakening, and actually seems to be semi-popular.

And despite the popularity of the 2nd generation mechanic, not a single one got into the top ten characters.

Overall, I'm just dissapointed that the 2nd generation will probably be shoehorned into every game now. Goodbye, recruitment pacing.

Edited by The DanMan

;) Now, I do not like this poll for making me insecure in my masculinity for liking Leon.

Pfffthahahaha.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were other common responses by a specific gender/age group that weren't posted in the survey. I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't post a lot of the negative comments.

Pfffthahahaha.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were other common responses by a specific gender/age group that weren't posted in the survey. I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't post a lot of the negative comments.

Probably. I mean, where's my "cover up the female Generals' asses" comment?

Q17 Tell us various regrets/oddities you experienced..

-I noticed … the women had better strength and defense [than the men]… (M/30s)

Oh no. How regretful/odd.

Fantastic to see Oboro do so well, though. Wasn't expecting that.

Also, if that's all females, where's...Foleo, was it? Don't tell me this character is male... SERIOUSLY, SHE LOOKS MORE FEMININE THAN LUCIUS. -_-

You seem rather upset.

Overall, I'm just dissapointed that the 2nd generation will probably be shoehorned into every game now. Goodbye, recruitment pacing.

To be honest I'd strongly disagree here. The 2nd generation in this game are seriously by far the best paced recruitment of late game characters in well, any Fire Emblem game. They dynamically level with progress in the game yet even on the hardest modes they have sensible stats for when you recruit them. Like I recruited Eponine just before Chapter 25 of Conquest's Lunatic mode and she was one of my better units, not OP but also not remotely weak.

Given the history of the series when it comes to giving so many units at very inappropriate times/strengths I don't think the second generation has anything to do with good recruitment pacing. In fact I'd say Fates 2nd generation has handled late game recruits the better than most, if not all previous games without having to throw uber units at you. You don't have to look more than 1 entry before Awakening to see a game without a 2nd generation with poor recruitment pacing but if you do look more than 1 entry before Awakening you'll see it throughout the series.

I think it's pretty clear why people would like a mechanic that gives us flexible units that can be recruited at almost any point in the campaign and still be useful compared to something we pretty much never had(good recruitment pacing).

Edited by arvilino

[spoiler=I think I took screenshot on a livestream with TohruAdachi]e7448feb17.jpg

Dis ain't no female

Edited by Elieson

You seem rather upset.

Yeah, why did IS make such a ridiculous character? How can someone NOT mistake him for a girl? The Maribelle hair, feminine face, what looks like Maribelle's outfit as well... Like I said, more feminine than even Lucius. It's just really really freaking weird...

EDIT: And look at that screenshot Sara just posted. That's just...gross.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, why did IS make such a ridiculous character? How can someone NOT mistake him for a girl? The Maribelle hair, feminine face, what looks like Maribelle's outfit as well... Like I said, more feminine than even Lucius. It's just really really freaking weird...

Yes, quite. Totally understand. What could possibly be more ridiculous than a feminine man?

We better batten down the hatches, people. Intelligent Systems is out to destroy the very fabric of society as we know it!

Yes, quite. Totally understand. What could possibly be more ridiculous than a feminine man?

We better batten down the hatches, people. Intelligent Systems is out to destroy the very fabric of society as we know it!

Excuse me, I never said I had a problem with feminine men. I just think that one THIS feminine is disgusting. Lucius was pushing it. Libra wasn't actually all that feminine-looking to me besides maybe his hair. I could tell he was a guy. Subaki was pushing it too, though now that I imagine him next to Foleo, he's not so girly anymore. But this? Just...no.

Edited by Anacybele

Also its completely fine to have a guy look that feminine so I don't get what the problem is.

Seriously, any guys that look that feminine in real life are probably transgender and turned themselves into girls. If Foleo was transgender, I'd have no problem, as I think transgender people are really cool. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Excuse me, I never said I had a problem with feminine men. I just think that one THIS feminine is disgusting. Lucius was pushing it. Libra wasn't actually all that feminine-looking to me besides maybe his hair. I could tell he was a guy. Tsubaki was pushing it too, though now that I imagine him next to Foleo, he's not so girly anymore. But this? Just...no.

You don't have a problem with feminine men, yet you think being "THIS" feminine is disgusting? Those statements don't go together at all, I'm afraid. Perhaps a bit reminiscent of the old "I'm not racist, but..."?

Why does the fact Foleo's male make him disgusting to you, when you presumably had no problem with his design when you thought he was female? Are all males obligated to be sexually appealing to you purely on the basis of their sex, or what?

Seriously, any guys that look that feminine in real life are probably transgender and turned themselves into girls. If Foleo was transgender, I'd have no problem, as I think transgender people are really cool. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh wow. Oh wow oh wow oh wow.

Edited by Twylis

Foleo is a female in all but name.

I'm really, really disappointed that there wasn't a single negative response to the fan service or children.

"It's one of the series's charms" It's like they're flipping the veterans off on purpose.

I can try not to mind the Maid class, I can try not to mind Elise, but if children appear one more time, that's the last straw for me. I don't mean to say that people's preferences are wrong and my opinion is the holy grail, but I find these results really, really disheartening to read.

Edited by kantoorfarina

Excuse me, I never said I had a problem with feminine men. I just think that one THIS feminine is disgusting. Lucius was pushing it. Libra wasn't actually all that feminine-looking to me besides maybe his hair. I could tell he was a guy. Subaki was pushing it too, though now that I imagine him next to Foleo, he's not so girly anymore. But this? Just...no.

How does subaki push it, it's obvious that he is a guy, the only thing that made people question his gender is his class, not his look.

For what it's worth, there is a reason as to why Foleo looks the way he does that's explained in game in many instances

Subaki being male obviously wasn't obvious to me.

You don't have a problem with feminine men, yet you think being "THIS" feminine is disgusting? Those statements don't go together at all, I'm afraid. Perhaps a bit reminiscent of the old "I'm not racist, but..."?

Yes, I don't see what the problem is. It's my opinion that making a character like this but not transgender is just no. Deal with it. Also, what does racism have to do with anything? This has nothing to do with race.

Are all males obligated to be sexually appealing to you purely on the basis of their sex, or what?

Hahahaha, wow. Way to really twist my words.

Edited by Anacybele

A trans people don't turn themselves into the other gender, they already are.

How is this disgusting anyways? Guys can where whatever they want and look as feminine as they want.

Yes, I don't see what the problem is. It's my opinion that making a character like this but not transgender is just no. Deal with it. Also, what does racism have to do with anything? This has nothing to do with race.

Hahahaha, wow. Way to really twist my words.

Because racists precede racist statements with that. Just as you're preceding a sexist and wildly heteronormative statement with something similar.

My "twisting your words" was the only explanation I could come up with for your stance. Care to offer a better one?

A trans people don't turn themselves into the other gender, they already are.

I could make a serious reply to this, but I won't since it's off topic.

How is this disgusting anyways? Guys can where whatever they want and look as feminine as they want.

Doesn't mean people have to like it.

Edited by Anacybele