FE: Fates survey result will be revealed in this week's Famitsu

Ryo

I could make a serious reply to this, but I won't since it's off topic.

Doesn't mean people have to like it.

You can put it in a PM or start a serious discussion topic if you'd like.

And there are more ways to say you don't like something than calling it disgusting and insulting any feminine guys.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I don't see what the problem is. It's my opinion that making a character like this but not transgender is just no. Deal with it. Also, what does racism have to do with anything? This has nothing to do with race.

I won't go any further with this but at the very least its prejudiced and stereotyping to suggest Foleo would be required to identify as a woman and turn himself into female to dress/style himself like how he is in game. you've included a special interest group but you're still dictating what can/can't be done based on a characters sex and gender.

Foleo is a female in all but name.

I'm really, really disappointed that there wasn't a single negative response to the fan service or children.

"It's one of the series's charms" It's like they're flipping the veterans off on purpose.

I can try not to mind the Maid class, I can try not to mind Elise, but if children appear one more time, that's the last straw for me. I don't mean to say that people's preferences are wrong and my opinion is the holy grail, but I find these results really, really disheartening to read.

Because they're actually well implemented The only thing I've seen about the children in Fates is "But the story and pacing" which is ludicrous coming from series veterans, you'd have be turning a blind eye to what the series is actually like. When the alternatives for characters outside the main cast tend to be the Frosts, Macallens, Laguz Emancipation army, Sophias(FE6), etc. I think I'll go for the actual useful units with a flexibile recruitment mechanic that just so happen to be both better and coincidentally quite popular.

While it is just your opinion, it seems rather silly to treat it as a personal insult and then feel disheartened other players didn't take it as a personal insult when responding to a poll.

Edited by arvilino

I'm pretty sure the in-game models aren't entirely accurate especially if they're in just their tiddie widdies. Like, I put the images of Foleo and Tsukuyomi shirtless to see if there was a difference and there isn't one at all. The reason I chose Tsukuyomi is because he is one of the most least buff looking characters in the game (I mean just look at his My Room model) and to see that he is in fact buff looking in his shirtless model shows that there is a clear contradiction to what we're shown in official art to what we're shown in the game models. Basically, all of their shirtless models are generic and the same, regardless of what their body shapes actually look like in other sources like their My Room models at least from what I can tell.

On more topic, I don't mind children characters but I'm more inclined to care about them if there is an interesting reason to why they are there in the first place. I just feel like when people are at war, having children is the last thing on their minds like, do you really want to raise a child in a setting where everything is a literal blood bath and you have a higher chance of you and your spouse being killed? You honestly wouldn't have the time in my opinion. But of course, I can choose to recruit children characters if I want so if people really like them, I don't want to ruin their fun if I have the option to not recruit them.

Edited by carefreejules

I haven't ready many supports, but from what I can tell, Foleo does not identify, nor does he want to be a woman and in some seems very adamant about being male and doesn't want romantic interactions with males, either. So if my understanding is correct, what reason is there for Foleo to be Transgender?

He's just feminine and likes cute things. I honestly am missing the problem.

where else are rinka's biceps and abs

It's part of the Oni class. Rinkah's children, and anyone Kamui marries provided they chose Oni as their second class, will be able to have sick abs.

Edit: I think I misread what you wrote, my bad.

Edited by Thane

Was Awaking Wonder!!! really an option?

I haven't ready many supports, but from what I can tell, Foleo does not identify, nor does he want to be a woman and in some seems very adamant about being male and doesn't want romantic interactions with males, either. So if my understanding is correct, what reason is there for Foleo to be Transgender?

He's just feminine and likes cute things. I honestly am missing the problem.

There isn't one, though not wanting to romance males doesn't really have much to do with it either.

Edited by zerosabers

The final chapter of Hoshido, it was incredibly serious. Can’t be described in words (F/20s)

Now I can't wait to play birthright.
-The scene where the cold Leon breaks down after acting like he hated the Avatar (M/20s)
Yes good, I'm happy to see people enjoy leon breaking down and being very emotional. I really enjoyed seeing this moment.
-Avatar and Takumi’s S support. I really want to thank my mother Mikoto! (F/20s)

Bwahahaha I don't know why this was so funny but I'm laughing at the comment of thanking mother Mikoto.

There isn't one, though not wanting to romance males doesn't really have much to do with it either.

Perhaps not, it was more just to say that Foleo isn't showing me anything that suggests that he wants to be a woman and wanting to romance males was just as a point in that this is the typical case for most characters in this game in that they romance the opposite gender, which is also true of Foleo.

I won't go any further with this but at the very least its prejudiced and stereotyping to suggest Foleo would be required to identify as a woman and turn himself into female to dress/style himself like how he is in game. you've included a special interest group but you're still dictating what can/can't be done based on a characters sex and gender.

Because they're actually well implemented The only thing I've seen about the children in Fates is "But the story and pacing" which is ludicrous coming from series veterans, you'd have be turning a blind eye to what the series is actually like. When the alternatives for characters outside the main cast tend to be the Frosts, Macallens, Laguz Emancipation army, Sophias(FE6), etc. I think I'll go for the actual useful units with a flexibile recruitment mechanic that just so happen to be both better and coincidentally quite popular.

While it is just your opinion, it seems rather silly to treat it as a personal insult and then feel disheartened other players didn't take it as a personal insult when responding to a poll.

what? I said nothing like that. The problem is that every character has to appeal to anime fans. Every character has to be designed so that they'd be a good wish fulfillment/trope. It's very rare to have characters who're actually well-written. Takumi is one of the few characters who isn't a corpse anime trope, and I'm actually really glad that he's popular. And then right behind him is Felicia and Elise.

I never said I had a problem with other people who don't take it as an insult. I'm saying that calling it "one of the series's main charms" is seriously disrespectful to the gameplay. It really feels like they're caring less and less about the gameplay with questions like "who did you marry?" "what did you do most in my castle?". to the point where i'm wondering when they'll remove Classic mode because characters dying was too sad.

It's not that I mean to offend you. I'm probably going to look back at this and say I'm overreacting. I'm just frustrated.

Edited by kantoorfarina

-The scene where the cold Leon breaks down after acting like he hated the Avatar (M/20s)

Yes good, I'm happy to see people enjoy leon breaking down and being very emotional. I really enjoyed seeing this moment.

...I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'm curious. What chapter does this happen?

Ryouma / Ryoma (195)

• -If not for him I would’ve never won (F/40s)
  • -Surprisingly playful (M/Teens)

Also seems like I found my type

Those of you who's been around long enough to remember I had a thing for Seth years back

it seems my type is super-powerful prepromotes

Some comments on the survey:

While it's nice to get a lot of the positive feedback about the game, I would've liked to see some of the negative critiques. Granted, the questions didn't lend too well to that, but it did seem a lot more skewered towards positive feedback and it was disappointing to not get a fuller idea for how they felt about the entire game.

I'm pretty surprised at how little of an impression that Phoenix Mode seemed to leave on fans. I was pretty sure that more would use it for casual play, but it seems that most just ignored it and used the other modes. So I'm curious if they'll bring it back for future installments due to the lukewarm receptions it seems to have received.

Finally, I'm very surprised (and happy) at how well Oboro did as not only did she make it into the top ten, she managed to be Ryoma, Aqua and the Hoshidan sisters despite being much more prevalent in the plot. I guess that goes to show how well handled she was as a character if she left that much of an impression on fans. On the same note, while she still broke the top ten, Aqua ended up scoring lower on it then I expected her to. Considering that she's has the second most focus in the plot after Kamui and characters like her tend to do better then that (ex. Lucina), I figured she'd be within the top 3, but all of the Nohr siblings as well as Takumi and Oboro all beat her out (and Ryoma was only off by two votes).

Overall, these were interesting to read. While I didn't agree with all of the results, it was nice to get a larger sample size for feedback about the game.

I am very happy with Takmui winning and the Nohrain brothers getting second and third.Ryoma got in the top ten,too.

I had a feeling Jakob would be high in the marriage poll.And Xander got fourth.I love these people who voted for them.

Some comments on the survey:

While it's nice to get a lot of the positive feedback about the game, I would've liked to see some of the negative critiques. Granted, the questions didn't lend too well to that, but it did seem a lot more skewered towards positive feedback and it was disappointing to not get a fuller idea for how they felt about the entire game.

I'm pretty surprised at how little of an impression that Phoenix Mode seemed to leave on fans. I was pretty sure that more would use it for casual play, but it seems that most just ignored it and used the other modes. So I'm curious if they'll bring it back for future installments due to the lukewarm receptions it seems to have received.

Finally, I'm very surprised (and happy) at how well Oboro did as not only did she make it into the top ten, she managed to be Ryoma, Aqua and the Hoshidan sisters despite being much more prevalent in the plot. I guess that goes to show how well handled she was as a character if she left that much of an impression on fans. On the same note, while she still broke the top ten, Aqua ended up scoring lower on it then I expected her to. Considering that she's has the second most focus in the plot after Kamui and characters like her tend to do better then that (ex. Lucina), I figured she'd be within the top 3, but all of the Nohr siblings as well as Takumi and Oboro all beat her out (and Ryoma was only off by two votes).

Overall, these were interesting to read. While I didn't agree with all of the results, it was nice to get a larger sample size for feedback about the game.

Trust me, if they there were negative opinions, they would never show them, it's bad marketing.

Also seems like I found my type

Those of you who's been around long enough to remember I had a thing for Seth years back

it seems my type is super-powerful prepromotes

I like your tastes.

Seth and Ryoma master race