Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course not! I'm not that skilled. XD However, I know what to look for and I'm constantly getting better.

Plus he asked for tips, so I gave him some.

In other news, I got 150 Stars so I can upload more levels! I got a new one up called Lakitu Plains, but I forgot to write down the code...

Edited by Power Master

Good courses, Randoman.

Conveyor Belt Craziness: You should remove the trampolines and make it an auto-scrolling level if you want the spiketops to be a threat. If you want the spiketops to be faster relative to Mario, consider using a slower conveyor belt on top and keeping the stack together with boos.

I Dunno How My Bros Beat This...: The secret is to toss a trampoline so Bowser bounces back and forth infinitely. Then you just walk through and duck as necessary.

Not a Pipe Dream: Tone down the chaos factor, and this could be a good course.

This Looks Too Familiar...: The invisible blocks lead to a lot of unavoidable deaths.

My new courses -

Bowser's Killer Castle: 0043-0000-0116-CA23

Up and Up and Up: 8A2B-0000-0116-E5BC

Relentless Chase: C7C3-0000-0117-365A

My new courses -

Bowser's Killer Castle: 0043-0000-0116-CA23

Up and Up and Up: 8A2B-0000-0116-E5BC

Relentless Chase: C7C3-0000-0117-365A

Bowser's Killer Castle

No it wasn't. Got through pretty easily.

Up and Up and Up

and Up and Up and Up and Up....

Relentless Chase

I accidentally dive-bombed and got rid of Bowser, so that made it easier. I just kept flying and avoiding pretty much everything.

So I finally finished my new level.
Taking back the castle: B115-0000-0115-2700

I like it. Excellent work! Gave me a challenge with a twist!

This one took me a little while to put together: Girls' Time to Shine! It's a challenging platformer (what else?) but uses only the female costumes. There's also a secret shortcut. See if you can find it!

51F9-0000-011A-FC8D

I've uploaded several new levels.

Think Fast

Think Slow

Fire Bar Fort

Big Boo Bash

Unstable Grounds

Mr. Invincible's Day Off 13C8-0000-011D-E75E

Also, new update -

Edited by Zera

You'll need to beat it at least 30 times if you want to get all the mystery costumes without amiibo. The skip function with the - button is invaluable. Don't do more than a couple Expert challenges per day, or you'll go insane. Many of the levels there are just plain bad.

Edited by Zera

So I made a new level based around the Big mushroom that the 30th Anniversary amiibo gives you:

Big Mario Bros.: A82E-0000-0123-ACAC

Also, thanks guys for helping me to reach 50 stars!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Don't do more than a couple Expert challenges per day, or you'll go insane.

Whuh? I did 6-7 Expert Challenges a day back in the day when there were only 100 costumes and I needed to unlock the last 25 costumes or so. Well, maybe I already am insane.

The only costume that I'm having trouble getting now is the Fighter Fly costume, sadly. Expert Mode Gnat Attack is so ridiculous. I've only made it to the 3rd stage 4 or so times of the 40 times I've tried it out.

I've uploaded some new levels -

Spring Bounce Castle

Bounce Wisely

Gone Fishing

Pipes Only

Rush Like the Wind 6E2F-0000-0123-F39E

Power Master, I've gotten notifications that you've played these levels, but haven't given them stars. What's wrong with them? Are my design skills so amazing that you've decided to stop giving me stars out of jealously?

Power Master, I've gotten notifications that you've played these levels, but haven't given them stars. What's wrong with them? Are my design skills so amazing that you've decided to stop giving me stars out of jealously?

'Cause I kept dying and forgot to star them. Sorry. Nothing's wrong with them, in fact they're very good. I'll star a few/them all when I turn on the game again later today.

Also, I uploaded a new stage that uses the new Bumper thing: Bounce o'rama! Stupid me forgot to write down the code, though. I should really get better at that. XP

"The only costume that I'm having trouble getting now is the Fighter Fly costume, sadly. Expert Mode Gnat Attack is so ridiculous. I've only made it to the 3rd stage 4 or so times of the 40 times I've tried it out."

Yeah, I can't beat it, either. That's as far as I've gotten, too...

I don't know how to add an additional quote...

Edited by Power Master

'Cause I kept dying and forgot to star them. Sorry. Nothing's wrong with them, in fact they're very good. I'll star a few/them all when I turn on the game again later today.

To quote someone like that, click the "Quote" button on the bottom-right corner of their post.

I'm glad you liked them. I worked very hard to make them challenging-yet-fair. Whenever I make a level, I always need to go back to every part and use easiness as a "butter" to smooth things out. The smoother a level is, the more people can down it. But the smoothest level of all is a straight line to the goal, which is quite bland. What we need is texture and flavor, or varied terrain and obstacles. But if a level becomes too rough, it will become difficult for some to swallow. But the worst you can do is have a level made of air, lacking substance entirely, resorting to tiny one-block platforms spread out as far as possible. When you order a pizza, do you want the toppings spread as thin as possible? Of course not! I'm sorry if the metaphor made you hungry.

UPDATE: I just tried the bumper. The bounce physics aren't as obnoxious as bouncing on grinders with the goomba's shoe, but just like a grinder all objects pass through it.

Edited by Zera

Now that I've got the Wii U back I'll be playing Captain Toad and Bayonetta but I might try to make and upload some levels again. Samus Time! was removed for some reason, so I took the opportunity to give it some slight edits based on feedback and re-upload it. I'm working on another longer level, and this one...this one will be a doozy.

But man, it's kind of disheartening to spend hours on levels that you feel are really good and see a bunch of people play it but not star or even beat it. It feels like people will quit a level after dying just once. No one has beaten my current uploads of Fetch and Stack, and I'm pretty sure these aren't super difficult levels, you just have to think a bit.

I get that I'm naturally going to be biased towards my own levels and may think they're better than they actually are, but I'm pretty certain they are at least better than all the trashy levels with blind jumps, enemy spam, and troll deaths. Stuff my levels do not have.

Sorry for the rant...

Here are some new level tips I've researched -

1. Place invisible blocks such that they can only help the player and never harm them. I have been bumped into pits by invisible 1-Up blocks placed by creators who never accounted for hitting them by accident.

2. Add mercy platforms. Literally, just add extra platforms for players who screw up on a tougher part. These can also act as extra paths, and star-giving players LOVE extra paths!

Here's a new level I made, inspired by donuts and their deliciousness.

I ♥ Donuts 8661-0000-0127-CD47

Power Master, my bumper level is better than your bumper level.

So I made an airship level...

Board Bowser's Battleship!: 3438-0000-00F7-54A5

I deleted this and have made the following changes to it:

1. There are no longer cannons on the first airship.
  2. There are more Parabuzzies between the first and second airships.

The new code for this level is B869-0000-02E7-81D0

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Sharing my mario courses

1.Tale of a turncoat goomba 96A0-0000-012C-ECC6
2. Dark pit's airship raid D916-0000-0104-49D2
3.Marths castle takeover 7EFB-0000-0104-58BF
4. Links or bros. 14A0-0000-010A-7E07
Four mario maker courses all amiibo courses in case you cant tell

My B for not recognizing this earlier.

Play my awful levels won't you?

Spiny Nightmare

7889-0000-013C-C027