Official Site update 9/11/15 - Japanese Release Date, Special Edition, New Characters?

Mox

Ok, so I was just browsing the official site today and noticed that there was an update with something that appeared to be a Japanese release date.

I'll be honest, I can't read Japanese, however it appears that (from the google translation) the release date for this game is/could be the 26th of December.

The translation also mentioned things about a special edition of the game ("Illusion Revelations #FE Fortissimo Edition") that comes with an "outer box" illustrated by toi8, an official art book and a CD with six songs on it.

There is a definitive edition wii u as well.

Also there was this picture included with the update (could somebody please translate it).

Character DLC costumes:

img_xatlus.jpg

L -> R: Touma (Walter SMT IV)/Itsuki (Devil Survivor 2)/ Tsubasa (Person Q) / Tsubasa or Kiriya (Etrian Odyssey III)

My friend also just sent me this for anyone that is curious about the sample box art.

gRWLLJI.jpg

They end with saying that there will be more information in October.

(If there are any inconsistencies with this post please notify me so that I can change it accordingly).

Edits [09/11/2015] - DLC costumes for characters added.

Edited by Mox

The picture appears to be DLC costumes for the characters, based on Atlus games on the 3DS. From left to right, it's Touma (dressed as Walter from SMT IV), Itsuki (someone in Devil Survivor 2), possibly Tsubasa (dressed as someone from Persona Q), and someone dressed as a Princess from Etrian Odyssey III. Kinda wondering if that's Kiriya in the final pic? Unless Tsubasa lucked out and got two different costumes?

However, Etrian Odyssey III is NOT on the 3DS, yet the blog makes no mention of it being a DS game. . .so EO3U confirmed?

Edited by eclipse

The picture appears to be DLC costumes for the characters, based on Atlus games on the 3DS. From left to right, it's Touma (dressed as Walter from SMT IV), Itsuki (someone in Devil Survivor 2), possibly Tsubasa (dressed as someone from Persona Q), and someone dressed as a Princess from Etrian Odyssey III. Kinda wondering if that's Kiriya in the final pic? Unless Tsubasa lucked out and got two different costumes?

However, Etrian Odyssey III is NOT on the 3DS, yet the blog makes no mention of it being a DS game. . .so EO3U confirmed?

That is really interesting, thanks for pointing out the DLC costumes. Tsubasa looks so different (and adorable), I didn't pick up that that was her!

As for the Etrian Odyssey III thing, that's a really good point. 0.0

There are more DLC costumes for the "Fortissimo edition", including swimsuits for everyone

1425726420349205396.jpg

The only one I recognize is Eleanor in Teddy's crossdressing outfit.

Oh wow :'D. Those are really cool. :)

Nice, Nintendo/Atlus bringing the goods.

You also get a priority ticket application for the "Genei Ibun Roku #FE Premium Live" concert in May 2016 with the Fortissimo Edition.

That's almost like being in the game, right?

EDIT

Some more details here about the special editions.

Edited by VincentASM

This looks pretty nice. I wonder if we'll be seeing a similar special edition for the English release? I don't know how they usually handle things like this, but I imagine we won't be getting the concert tickets, at least.

If Maiko gets her own swimsuit, does that mean she's a playable character? Or will we be seeing costumes for NPCs? The "...and others" part at the end makes me wonder...

...And is anyone else disappointed that the swimsuits aren't somehow Fire Emblem themed? Like, I don't even know how they would do that, but... now that I've thought of it...

I forgot how dumb Hibiki's hoodie with the double head sleeves looked....

So who wants to take bets on other possible Atlus DLC costumes? I'd bet on Princess Solange or Nemissa for females, and the spacemarine for one of the dudes.

The later two seem reasonable, but Solange isn't an Atlus character. Code of Princess was just distributed by Atlus in the west, they have no ownership over the IP itself.

I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if somewhere down the line we got more traditional Fire Emblem costumes for the mirage characters.

Funny how Maiko has a costume.

I know we have a mystery knight character from the previous trailer but that character looks too short to be Maiko. Hmm...

And no new character on the box art either, so they're keeping a lid on it.

Edit: Also, Kiria is the one in the Etrian Odyssey outfit.

Edited by Sentinel07

We got rei in game now where is zen.... Also give me more persona costumes and extra fire emblem mirages and I will be happy

100% fire emblem compendium, wow.

anyway, i think that Toma would fit in a Zen's outfit

And since there's the pop idle theme i can perfectly see a Rise outfit for someone