FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

Cosmic's explanation reads culture shock and not scummy. They don't seem to be treating it as an excuse to not participate in RVS, just general confusion.

Shinori's refusal to vote also read typical Shinori but I would like him to not disappear off the edge of the Earth pls.

Re-reading Terrador's defense, and I actually kinda agree with Boron on this part--

but I'm not sure if I like how he says, "oh Boron did this too, why isn't she shady?" and throws out terms like "buddying/defense".

I didn't think about it/see it before bc I (admittedly) skimmed, but this is a huge scummy thing imo. The "throwing shade on someone else" defense is incomplete and it's easier for scum to use to make themselves seem like they're not at fault for doing something scummy without necessarily defending or explaining the scummy thing they did. So yeah I think this is scummy imo.

@Terrador: Do you think Boron is scummy?

I gotta read through Marth again and I don't feel like switching my vote right now. Undertale came out and I have a math test to study for so woooosh~

*see you around. ;)

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Boron:

Marth's reasoning about "there must be scum among Boron, Junko, and Dandra" is weird. It's RVS -- aren't we supposed to be jumping on every little thing hoping that SOMETHING gets the game started? What makes you "feel" an "over the top" vote more likely to be coming from scum as well? Because unless you can pass it off with actual support it sounds like some reason you're pulling out of the air to give more "credence" to your reads.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

Arbitrary given reasons are arbitrary, and considering that he names three candidates for suspicion but only explains two of them, voting for one and dismissing one because "oh he played bad", and doesn't mention the third person I'm a bit leery of his reasons for voting Junko.

I have no idea of what you are trying to push here, because I explained why that's scummy behavior in the same post(Read: Bold Italicized):

I feel like there's scum among Boron, Junko and Dandra but I can't figure out who it is exactly because all of them did the same thing I'm suspicious of- they voted people who did not vote in RVS, in an over-the-top manner. I feel like this is something scum do to pass off their votes as joke votes, but really what they're doing is coasting off of their vote on a wagon(usually on a townie), pressurizing them until they break.

##Vote:Junko

I'm not gonna vote Dan atm because in Greatest Hits Mafia he played jokingly and looked bad, ended up flipping town.

But I feel like Junko's game has been weird so far- in AM/PM2 he was able to pull off a weird reaction test and pressurize mancer for reads, but here his vote looks like it does nothing.

Its similar to his Code Geass play where he was more relaxed and lazy and passed off things as stuff that he couldn't understand, unlike in AMPM2 where he was very obviously TRYHARD TOWN.

But Quote words it better in their post:

wrt my dandragon vote: his rvs vote looked like a classic overblown scum jokevote that tried really hard to look like a joke but ended up looking detached and forced instead. I've never played with him but that point still stands and I'll explode irl if he flips scum.

I'm unsure of what they mean by dan's RVS vote, but they voted him after he made that jokevote on Shinori, so I'm assuming we're seeing the same thing here.

Also Boron I didn't elaborate on you earlier because I wanted to see what you'd do next after voting disco. In any case, ##Unvote ##Vote: Boron

a)Junko makes a good point- if you think scum wouldn't prod dodge so early in the game, why did you vote him?

b)You didn't read my explanation for why I saw yours, Dan's and Junko's behavior as scum and cased me anyway. Feels like you're defensive towards my suspicion of you.

c) Since you yourself have argued in your most recent post that in RVS people have to push SOMETHING to make things happen, and does not mean they're scum, why is my Junko push scummy?

@Refa: In my (admittedly somewhat limited) experience, scum players often seem to go to one of two extremes; either they're eager and want to extend themselves to prove they're on the town's side, or they're shadowy and evasive, trying to draw minimal attention while still posting enough to be considered active. Terrador seemed to me to be going to a lot of effort to defend against a rather simple argument, which looks scummy to me, while Kawaii is actually kind of a weird mix of the former and the latter, eager to get things going with some flimsy accusations but also acting rather terse and a little mysterious, seeming jumpy about giving away too much info. I have lukewarm scum reads on both right now. I absolutely welcome any shows of why my logic is bad or dumb.

For the other players:

I don't entirely understand/agree with Marth's reasoning, but it's presented well enough for what it is and I don't sense anything particularly scummy about their posts so far otherwise.

Dan I think is a little scummy, his posts have been plain and short and without much explanation for his reasoning.

On both Boron and Refa I'm feeling slight town, they've contributed confidently and directly and kept the discussion going.

On everybody else I'm null, not really feeling anything either way on what they've contributed. I'll continue to re-read the thread and try to glean some more reads when I have time.

Cosmic, your reasoning WRT Terra/DK is good, but that just makes me more confused as to why you didn't vote them earlier. Maybe it's just playstyle differences after all; either way, feeling better about this slot.

Marthipan, I'd sheep your Boron vote (was townreading her earlier but you/Junk made some good points), but what happened to your Junk vote? What did you make of his recent post?

##Unvote

##Vote: Terrador

PS Voting Terrador for what I said before, but Quote also worded it way better in their most recent post.

I'm not feeling better about Junko since he never got anything concrete or something he could push, but I'm feeling more confident with my Boron vote atm.

well it is cool that you agree with my boron question can you elaborate on my statement regarding you somehow telling that i played like code geass 2-3 posts in.

boron why would you vote kawaii early RVS if you think kawaii would not say prod dodge as scum in early RVS?

Simple. Because even if I don't think Kawaii would say "prod dodge" as scum, it is still the first thing that stands out and deserves attention. Putting a vote on them gives them incentive to get their head into the discussion, and seeing how other people react to my vote gives me a better idea on how to read them. I may not be Prims, but can you say "reaction test"?

Also, Marth, you've completely ignored what I was actually asking. I realize that is your reasoning given. I want to know why you feel that reasoning is true. What makes you think that scum are more likely than town to make "over-the-top" RVS posts? Where is your basis for this? Prior experience, or your ass? Also, even if Quote explained this better, how is this a "blanket behavior" that is equally likely for all players? Using Quote's example, let's say that Dandragon really is likely to make a more overblown joke as scum. I, on the other hand, am not Dandragon and may not necessarily do the same.

I'm not buying the "I didn't vote for you because I wanted to see what you'd do" explanation either.

Also, I'm feeling like Marth is dodging Junko's questions or at least trying to avoid giving him the specifics of what he is asking, which is also not cool.

Man just read marth's post regarding his original vote and his reasoning doesn't make much sense to me anyway even for early logic. What would scum have to gain anyway for randomly switching their vote? I don't really understand this coasting thing considering it would probably just be easier to coast off their original vote? Also why can't it just be a townie wanting to put pressure on a wagon to get a reaction? I'm definitely waffly on marth though since i'm not entirely sure why as scum he would limit himself to three people so early in the game so i'm actually having trouble seeing any scum intent behind it.

I can kind of understand your early game point but i'm not sure how you can get my early game 4 short posts in as well.

Cosmic can you elaborate a bit more on your reads because they feel kind of vague and not really going into much depth?

I can see boron's reasoning and their vote is in a place where it makes sense on how some people might react to it.

Still nothing definite yet and this is getting frustrating >_>

terrador was in here earlier but he LEFT

also I have like 0 definite reads too and I usually have like a couple of clear townreads by now :V

Displayed Playerlist:

- kirsche

- Boron

- Dandragon

- Cosmicdude

- Marth

- Shinori

- Junko

- Refa

- Disco Kawaii

- Izhuark

- Roxas

- Terrador

Actual Playerlist:

- kirsche (maybe, timezones are hard)

- Boron

- Cosmicdude

- Marth

- Junko

- Refa

3. Days last for 72 hours, nights last for 24 hours. Prod-dodging posts will not be considered towards activity, please let the mods know if you intend to lurk or if you have important commitments that will prevent you from posting for long periods of time, otherwise two prods will result in forced replacement or modkill.

Shinori has been prodded. Disco Kawaii has been prodded.

Votecount V3.0

Terrador (5): kirsche, TheCosmicDude, Refa, disco KAWAii (L-2)

disco (2): Terrador, Dandragon

Shinori (1): Junko

Boron (1): Marth

Marth (1): Boron

Dandragon (1): Quote

kirsche (1): Roxas

Not voting: Izhuark, Shinori

With 13 alive it takes 7 to hammer. 24 hours left in the day.

Isos have been added to the OP.

Terrador and Roxas have been prodded.

Wow, uh, do we really only have 24 hours left in D1?

Tomorrow is work hell for me, so don't expect to see me until my evening. Vhaltz, do we literally have 24 hours left from your post until phase end?

My current scum reads are Marth and Terra, but I also feel that we haven't really had a good chunk of the game participating at all ;/

Yep, game started out 52 hours ago. I added a couple of hours in to make deadline into midday for me instead of 8am.

This deadline is still slightly inconvenient so I can give an 8 hour extension if necessary, provided that the prodded people actually play the game.

Edited by Vhaltz

Starting to get the feeling that Terra's scum who's given up

Either that or he's forgotten about the game (IIRC he did that in AMPAM2). Although he hasn't posted in over 24 hours and he still hasn't gotten pinged (despite being on Skype, so he's probably not busy), weirdly enough.

People I'd lynch are Terrador (...still because of his ED1 play since he hasn't done anything else) and DK (same reasons, but it's also frustrating that he's actively refusing to participate). Not really bothered by Boron anymore (literally every time Boron/Marth make a post, I'm like "this person is town and the other person is scum" so yeah, interested in Marthipan's next post), and the only active player I'm meh on is Junk for being around and having opinions but not really pushing cases or doing anything with them. Boron, you were his scumbuddy in Code Geass right? How does his play compare to that game?