FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

I don't really like Marth from his page 4 stuff. His Junko vote was weak enough (lol@the RVS comparison) but then he swaps to Boron because of HER RVS vote and because of points brought up by Junko (who he's still not happy with because he apparently isn't pushing other people enough even though town can struggle to get definitive reads).

Why does Marth ignoring Junko's posts cancel out his Boron stuff (aka why didn't you sheep his Boron vote like you said you would)? Admittedly I had difficulty wording what exactly it was that bothered me about Terrador's original post too but it just... feels wrong I dunno. Might just be paranoid.

Town can struggle to get definitive reads but there's a difference from that and town just not voting at all. Also it's pretty bullshit for you to criticize Marth for his content being based on RVS votes when your current vote (heck, even my current votes) is based on RVS content.

Marth ignoring Junk's stuff didn't cancel out his Boron case. You're misinterpreting what "would sheep" means.

I'm getting bad vibes on Refa too because his content isn't nearly as strong as I feel like it usually is at this point when he's town.

Usually I don't play games where half of the game is inactive and most of the people that I'm bothered by aren't active.

Also forgot to quote it but yeah I agree with Disco getting vigged.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have like 10-15 minutes before I have to head out, and then I won't be back for at least 6 hours.

Do you guys think an extension will be helpful or not? Because if we're just going to spend the extension with the same people as before flailing around and the same people as before being active there won't really be a point.

Prefer a Terrador lynch over anyone who's not named Marth, but don't hammer him just let and see if anyone else will take the time to pop in.

And I'll read Cosmic's post at some other time, I can't really digest it right now.

I don't want an extension.

Boron, could you summarize your Marth case? Like I know you've spent the last few pages talking about it but I dunno, it'd be easier for me to parse in bullet form.

Forgot to mention this before but the only thing that's really bothering me about Marth is that he's ignoring the Terrador wagon. He defended Terrador early on so you'd think he'd have more issues with it.

Town can struggle to get definitive reads but there's a difference from that and town just not voting at all. Also it's pretty bullshit for you to criticize Marth for his content being based on RVS votes when your current vote (heck, even my current votes) is based on RVS content.

Marth ignoring Junk's stuff didn't cancel out his Boron case. You're misinterpreting what "would sheep" means.

Not voting doesn't mean not pressuring though and asking questions. Scum would really try and forge a false read on someone, it's not like it's very hard to just sheep stuff on Terrador/Disco/Marth and make it look like you're contributing. I'm getting de ja vu, I swear I spent another game defending Junko or FFM or something too which makes me more confident in this read tbh.

There's a difference between going "this guys' RVS was bad" and actually thinking to compare RVS meta like it's a thing that matters, wayyy too graspy and I just have the impression that it's determining most of his cases. I think it's a stretch to call Terra's defense post as RVS to begin with.

Also my vote is retained because I feel like Terrador is scum giving up, not just because his early content was bad.

hey guys, it's me, the mafia player. I've been scanning the thread to find the scum team members, here is my judgment so far:

- kirsche - He's fine

- Boron - She's alright but why does Marth's post come from scum and not just shaky logic

- Dandragon - Too late to lynch him but step up your game tomorrow guy

- Cosmicdude - Seems fishy, #53 "both are bad but might not be that bad" (votes neither), #79 fits scum into behavior profiles instead of looking for scum intent (may just be newness but do the latter in the future), #124 "I want to hear more thoughts from you" why are you prod voting before deadline, am I scummier to you than Terrador?

- Marth - hmmmmm gut read is I don't think his OMGUS on Boron comes from scum I think it's confrontational town

- Shinori

- Junko - No vote 24 hours before deadline are u kidding me. Refuge in audacity, can die for it

- Refa - OK for now but why stay on me over Terra here

- Disco Kawaii - This is me

- Izhuark

- Quote - looks OK, why's Dandragon been your #1 target this whole time though?

- Roxas

- Terrador - Lynch

Mafia boys include Terrador, Cosmic, Dandragon, Junko, lurkers. Day 2 will be good to figure out Dandragon and Junko. Extensions are for the weak

I've already stated my reasons for my vote unless you want me to reiterate + I don't have strong enough feelings on anyone else aside from Terrador. Refa is ehh, maybe I just gotta wait longer, you aren't pinging me as scum and I'm not interested in lynching you. The Marth/Boron exchanges I'm gonna try to parse through later. I want to lynch Terrador today and my vote would be on him but I get really paranoid about premature hammers and I don't jump on big wagons until we're done usually. That's just kinda been how I played.

I think I finally have an actual townread this game though if that means anything. They aren't in danger of lynch so I don't feel like saying who.

I'm super erratic during D1s usually and only half the game's been active so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Additionally however: I am VERY OFFENDED that I am not on either of Cosmic's townread lists. I am the TOWNIEST individual in this game. The TOWNIEST individual you will ever see! THE TOWN. I. EST.

vhaltz was supposed to give me an easier character to roleplay )=

Im Tanith so lol.

I agree with the dandragon thingy it's just from early on and he's just posted other things since then and you never talked about those and never really talk about him much in general so I can't tell where you're going with this if anywhere

I can't tell if Refa is scum posting the bare minimum needed to look pro-active in this game or just town who has nothing to talk about, look at his ISO A vote pattern of Disco KAWAii -> TheCosmicDude -> Terrador makes no sense when his reasons for the Terrador vote were there all along

(literally every time Boron/Marth make a post, I'm like "this person is town and the other person is scum" so yeah, interested in Marthipan's next post)

Why say this, if you actually thought this you would ask them questions and have opinions on them you'd be talking about and stuff

Who is scummier between Marth/Boron and why? Verbalize this without sheeping plz

Disco, I'm too lazy to open your link (so hopefully my guess is right here) but I didn't vote Terra because what you were doing bothered me more at the time; sure, Terra's intent was bad but at least he was doing something (and I appreciated that his logic was consistent). I voted him again over you because it's more productive to vote someone you expect will respond over letting it stagnate all day (that's what ended up happening anyways but how was I supposed to know that).

Not really bothered by DK anymore after that list post (not because list posts are town but it has actual opinions and thought put into it).

Not voting doesn't mean not pressuring though and asking questions. Scum would really try and forge a false read on someone, it's not like it's very hard to just sheep stuff on Terrador/Disco/Marth and make it look like you're contributing. I'm getting de ja vu, I swear I spent another game defending Junko or FFM or something too which makes me more confident in this read tbh.

There's a difference between going "this guys' RVS was bad" and actually thinking to compare RVS meta like it's a thing that matters, wayyy too graspy and I just have the impression that it's determining most of his cases. I think it's a stretch to call Terra's defense post as RVS to begin with.

Also my vote is retained because I feel like Terrador is scum giving up, not just because his early content was bad.

I agree that it's easy for scum to forge false reads, but this defense is fundamentally flawed. Randa did the same damn thing in Shovel Knight Mafia and everyone gave him a pass because they were being morons (me included) and said "scum would never have no reads and this much content". The inconsistency there bothers me (I mean Junk, not you).

Fair enough regarding your Marthipan/Terrador issues though. One more thing though; where's the scum intent in Marthipan's content? Sure, I can get why you think it's bad (and your reasoning is fine) but I don't think you've ever explained this.

vhaltz was supposed to give me an easier character to roleplay )=

I'd roleplay as my character but it'd involve me not posting for long periods of time or ever.

I can't tell if Refa is scum posting the bare minimum needed to look pro-active in this game or just town who has nothing to talk about, look at his ISO A vote pattern of Disco KAWAii -> TheCosmicDude -> Terrador makes no sense when his reasons for the Terrador vote were there all along

Why say this, if you actually thought this you would ask them questions and have opinions on them you'd be talking about and stuff

Who is scummier between Marth/Boron and why? Verbalize this without sheeping plz

Makes perfect sense. You were the person who was bothering me the most, then I voted Cosmic for doing the same thing but worse, and I already explained the last portioon.

I have asked them questions (reading is tech). Marth is scummier for what I already said earlier (he's completely ignored the Terra wagon despite defending him earlier), whereas there isn't anything about Boron that bothers me.

@Disco: I don't like saying this, since it feels like an excuse, but really most of the problems you list with me are due to newness. I'm not really used to the environment here yet so it's a bit of an adjustment period. (Your mentioning of behavior vs. intent in finding scum interests me BTW, if you're willing then I'd like to hear more.) Terrador is scummier than you, but not by a huge amount. As you saw, the main point of my vote was to get a reaction from you, which worked, so I don't really have any regrets about that.

My main hesitation here is Terrador's lack of contributions since his defense posts, which is both a main sticking point against him (due to his lurking) and the reason my instinct is to hold off because I fear there aren't enough posts from him to make a comprehensive judgment. Still, the limited evidence we do have points to scum, and I'm satisfied enough with Disco's read-list, so...

##Unvote

##Vote: Terrador

(Note: If I've been stingy/weird with my vote, the votals could probably tell you why)

I have asked them questions (reading is tech).

Toward Marth when you said you'd sheep him I guess, otherwise you've asked them questions about each other but not about themselves, which holds them accountable for the reads on one another and not you

Marth is scummier for what I already said earlier (he's completely ignored the Terra wagon despite defending him earlier), whereas there isn't anything about Boron that bothers me.

That Marth point is good but you said you would sheep Marth earlier so the situation is foggy. Explain why you'd have sheeped his vote for Boron

IDK Im pressing this because that comment I quoted seems like something slipped in your post to seem "town" without really having a basis in reality from ur posts

I'm not really used to the environment here yet so it's a bit of an adjustment period.

Ditto

We weren't supposed to RP, were we?

And nobody's answered my earlier questions >.< There's only so much in the guides.

Toward Marth when you said you'd sheep him I guess, otherwise you've asked them questions about each other but not about themselves, which holds them accountable for the reads on one another and not you

That Marth point is good but you said you would sheep Marth earlier so the situation is foggy. Explain why you'd have sheeped his vote for Boron

I asked them questions about their reads on each other because I already knew all of the answers I'd get if I asked them about themselves.

Because his points were good, especially the one he sheeped from Junk. Boron voting you only to later say "nah, that's not scummy" seemed inconsistent as fuck until she explained it. The reason I never followed up on that was because Boron's reply was good and explained her reasoning there, and AFAIK Marth never made a followup to his case anyways (just explaining it).

OK refa.

We should hammer Terrador without a claim, my 2¢

This was a serious post by the way. Terrador's disappearing act is uncharacteristic for a townie and especially uncharacteristic if he was a Power Role which would want to fight tooth and nail to survive without having to claim. So we should kill him

Roxas read the thread and talk about who you think is posting like they're aligned with the mafia, also vote them

I think this forum has newbie guides or something

Everything kind of mixes together for me, I'd have to focus on one specific person if I was trying to find mafia. The only suspicion I have is towards Terrador, but that's pretty much entirely based off the posts of other people.

More Votecounts Bro

Terrador (6): kirsche, Refa, disco KAWAii, Dandragon, TheCosmicDude (L-1)

disco (1): Terrador

Shinori (1): Junko

Boron (1): Marth

Marth (1): Boron

Dandragon (1): Quote

Not voting: Izhuark, Shinori, Roxas

With 13 alive it takes 7 to hammer. 12 hours and 20 minutes left in the day.

Everything kind of mixes together for me, I'd have to focus on one specific person if I was trying to find mafia. The only suspicion I have is towards Terrador, but that's pretty much entirely based off the posts of other people.

If you're having problems playing the game, I'd recommend asking Eclipse/Kaoz/BBM for it (also helps more if you're scum heh).

@Roxas: To answer two of your earlier questions, prodding is when the game mod tells a player they need to post within the next 24-48 hours, and I'm 99.9% sure that Magnificence Incarnate is Marth.

If you're just generally confused, this thread looks like it has some good stuff to offer for help with game strategy and the like. You can always ask Vhaltz or any more experienced players milling about for more specific/complicated questions.