Copycat Puppet + Renewal?

Mads

So I was wondering how Copycat Puppet works together with healing skills such as Renewal.

Let's say that you've used your copycat skill to create your clone. The clone and the original share the same HP. So at the end of the turn, does Renewal activate for both of them, so you get a 60% heal instead of just 30%?

Wait I thought renewal activated for clones as well?? I use copycat all the time for grinding purposes, lemme pull out my game and check really quick~

Ah sorry that took a while, all my units run lifetaker + copycat instead, but luckily Leon was the only one who also happened to have renewal; Joey's right though, clones don't get the renewal effect ~ ; U ;

Edited by mimasho

Wait I thought renewal activated for clones as well?? I use copycat all the time for grinding purposes, lemme pull out my game and check really quick~

Ah sorry that took a while, all my units run lifetaker + copycat instead, but luckily Leon was the only one who also happened to have renewal; Joey's right though, clones don't get the renewal effect ~ ; U ;

Wait, if clones don't get the renewal effect, then how does the original restore HP if the clone and original share the same HP value?

Or do they have two separate HP values and if one of them dies, both die?

Does Lifetaker work though? And how about something obscure like Sun God? - if you ever have checked that :P

Wait, if clones don't get the renewal effect, then how does the original restore HP if the clone and original share the same HP value?

Renewal activates on the original, and both of them are healed 30%. They have the exact same HP value.

What mimasho means is Renewal doesn't activate twice, it just activates on the puppeteer unit and the subsequent healing affects both of them.

Nope, they share HP values, if one of them dies, both do die !

Does Lifetaker work though? And how about something obscure like Sun God? - if you ever have checked that :P

I'm pretty sure lifetaker works for both -for example, Oboro #1 kills an enemy -recovers all HP. Oboro #2 kills an enemy -also recovers all HP ~

I'll try to check since most of my units run lifetaker along with copycat, but they're a bit over leveled right now, so I'll see what I can do on one of the DLC maps...

finishing up that double chapter on IK lunatic run atm though, so might take a moment !! ; U ;

Renewal activates on the original, and both of them are healed 30%. They have the exact same HP value.

What mimasho means is Renewal doesn't activate twice, it just activates on the puppeteer unit and the subsequent healing affects both of them.

Haha yeah, thanks for clarifying !! * U *'

edit: okay, just checked w/ Leon, Sakura, Oboro, and Takumi on exp DLC;

Leon died, Sakura didn't get targeted, and Oboro killed everyone...

SO luckily, Takumi was able to complete the job;

I used clone on all the units, Takumi was standing by his clone. After he was targeting during enemy phase, he went down to 19/50 HP,

he's not running renewal. On my turn, I had him kill a nosferatu. He recovered from 19-44HP after killing it.

Then, I used his clone to kill another a ways off. Recovered from 44HP-50HP.

So in conclusion, copycat clones don't activate renewal, but they do activate lifetaker. Hope that helps !! * U *

Edited by mimasho