The GTS is pretty stupid now

Shinehollow

All I wanted to find was a simple Piplup,but most are put up for Mew or Arceus (the latter which cannot be traded if it's not Japanese,because it was event only.And I doubt Japanese people want to trade their Arceus for a baby penguin).That's basically the entire GTS as well.Sometimes,you get decent offers to pop up,but otherwise it's easier to put up a version exclusive if you want something simple like a starter.I miss what it was like in the early days of Diamond,Pearl and Platinum,where I was able to get some good Pokemon for decent trades.

Ehhh it wasn't ALWAYS that way, is what I mean. It did start distressingly early though.

Who the hell started this shit anyway? Why is it so perpetual? Do people actually even go through with any of that shit, barring hackers?

My real question is why people make these requests in the first place.

Do they honestly expect that someone actually has that sort of Pokemon?

Do they really think they are making a fair trade?

Or that anyone will fall for that?

Edited by Water Mage

It's been a while, but I've found that if you offer a Pokemon with a reasonable request, it'll usually be leaped on pretty quickly. I don't know if things got worse in the last few months, but maybe instead of searching you should try requesting.

The reason for that is because the good offers are gone fast. It's actually a good thing, not a bad one. Put something up for something reasonable, and it'll be snatched up decently fast most of the time.

I wish you could see all available trade options, not just the 5.

Like I remember searching for a Turtwig and all 5 options were for lv100 Dialga. I'll never forget that absurdity

Oh gods, with a title like that I already knew what the responses would be.

The GTS is only good if you're smart enough to ask for something remotely reasonable (and hope you'll be one of the seven offers that show up in pre-Gen 6 games), never if you're trying to find an offer.

I wish the games were smart enough to know the absolute lowest level you can obtain stuff and prevent players from asking for stuff like "Lv. 9 and under evolved Pokémon/most legendaries". That way impossible trades would be limited to overleveled Pokémon that can still be obtained legitimately. At least the Gen 6 games allow players to filter out offers that they can't accept.