Monster Hunter Generations

Batter the Beast

Didn't see a thread on this game so I thought I would make one

Monster Hunter Generations (X in Japan) is going to be the last game in the 4th generation of Monster Hunter, featuring monsters absent in 4U, such as Nargacuga, as well as brand new monsters, including 4 flagships! All weapons from 4U are present but the game's main feature is the ability to equip Hunting Styles for more customization. There are 4 styles: Guild, Aerial, Adept, and Striker. Guild plays exactly like the weapon did in 4U, Aerial gives up some attacks for the ability to jump off monsters or players with unique attacks in the air, Adept allows for a counterattack if an attack is dodged/guarded at the right time, and Striker resembles how the weapon was handled in previous generations as well as allowing 3 Hunting Arts instead of the 1 or 2 the other styles get. Hunting Arts are basically super moves, ranging from powerful attacks to self buffs.

Here are the trailers released so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz7Ge7SJOX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0BbplGgkCY

gaijinhunter's channel has translated official videos on each weapon and their Styles/Arts as well as other info on the game: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA

Edited by Batter the Beast

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MHX is looking SO great.

Can't wait to play it. When it will have a occidental release of course.

I'm very satisfied with everything we know so far.

The Hunting Style, Hunting Art, the old (2nd Gen monsters comeback), Leviathans comeback, Brute Wyvern comeback and of course the new monsters!

The new armor/weapons design looks amazing!

I'm still waiting for intel about the last Flagship Monster (the Levianthan one) but the monster cast seems tremendous.

For people interested in knowing more : http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/

GaijinHunter will answer to all your questions! Check out his Youtube Channel also : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA

Have a nice day!

With the return of the Laviasoth and Nargacuga, I also hope to see the Hypnocatrice to make a comeback!

That's a monster who often got forgot... just like the Laviasoth...

But we will see about that as soon as the game is release.

Aside from a bunch of returning monsters, I'm wondering how annoying Plesioth will be now that swimming is probably not implemented. I hope that they don't do the whole wait for an eternity until he emerges schtick. Nonetheless, the more vertical gameplay of MHX might make Plesioth a bit more bearable (please no broken hitboxes ABOVE him).

Nonetheless, this shit's hype. Hope it already has G-rank =_=

Edited by Jester Capri

And Amatsumagatsuchi was just announced to be in this game. The interesting thing is that it was only in Portable 3rd and no other game in the series. Now I REALLY want this game to come out to the west. The reveal was added on to the second trailer so I edited the OP.

Though I initially wasn't very hyped or interested in this game (if anybody remembers I mentioned it alongside facerubbing in the 4/29 direct thread as "using up my WTF allowance for the month"), that has changed.

What weapon and style do you guys want to main? I'm really tempted to pick up lancing again and try out the aerial style, but at the same time I also want to try out Striker. Then their's the whole deal over whether or not I want to use the Charge Axe again.

With what I saw yesterday and this morning during MHX Live on Capcom Channel, I'm definitely going to play with either Bushido or Striker Style.

As for weapon, I'm never gonna hunt without a Hammer.

With what I saw yesterday and this morning during MHX Live on Capcom Channel, I'm definitely going to play with either Bushido or Striker Style.

As for weapon, I'm never gonna hunt without a Hammer.

You know you lose the upswing part of the combo in Striker, right?

I'm a Hunting Horn man, and Aerial is the only style that seems alright (aside from Guild) cause the Bushido counter attack has a super long animation and none of the Horn's Hunting Arts are that good. As long as I don't lose the diagonal swing and the backwards slam I'll be okay with Aerial, though it doesn't really need help to reach high heads since Horn's swings hit high anyway.

Aside from that, Bushido Gunlance looks fun for the stab + full reload and Bushido Heavy Bowgun gives it some much needed mobility and maybe the ability to perfect evade out of crouching, which is incredible if thats the case.

The DanMan, I know that I lose the Upswing finisher in my 3 hit combos but that's okay for me.

I'm more of a "Charge" player rather than a "Combo" one. As long as they don't touch Charge Attacks everything is fine.

And I must agree, Bushido Style combine with Artillery weapons is really something to look for.

• 1 month later...

Here's the newest trailer!

The trailer shows off some new monsters/subspecies and Hunting Arts. The new gunlance art looks sick. Oh and Gore Magala and Seregios Steve return from MH4U so maybe we will still get the super cool Steve weps (I hope the Steve horn returns, that thing is a beast)

I hope this game gets announced for the west soon; Tamamitsune is up there with Agnaktor and Zamtrios as my favourite monster designs. The new subspecies(?) for Rathalos, Zingore, and Arzuros all look fun to right. too

Goddamnit I just got to hr in MH4u.

I'm currently on G2. I should really do all the quests at some point. At the very least, with the lack of a western announced for X, I still have plenty of time

I saw this yesterday (or should I saw this morning) before going to bed.

Nice to see that Gore and Seregios are returning and those variant monsters look great. Apparently they're this game's version of Apex monsters, but without the annoying super armored skin.

Now, we just need Capcom to announce an international release.

• 2 weeks later...

So here we are, the japanese demo is out.

The full moveset with all weapons and style.

Provided by Gaijin hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-NxdlQ91Bk

He neglected to show every CB style that wasn't Striker (as those were done in a previous video).

Really, the CB nerf seems overdone; I can't see any reason why an ultra burst deals less damage than 8 hits with a hunting horn. Couple that with the removal of shield thrust to super cancel, and you've got at least one person waiting for MH5 to find a happy medium.

Despite what Adam Evanko keeps insisting, the CB was not that broken; the IG and GS both consistently had higher times, and neither of them have been partially dismantled a la CB (though there are rumblings of lowered motion values; hope that's true).

What this means is I'm probably going to be rolling Striker Lance. I'm not sure where Adam is getting the idea that it's best for evade lancing; you've got everything you had in 3rd gen, plus hunter arts that charge up extremely fast.

Most players probably complain without seeing Speedrun timer

I mean GS had relatively small amount of complain despite being probably the most OP weapon in 4U(unless you are against a very slow tanky monster. GS vs slow monster is a no-no)

On a same note most of the complaints with IG probably comes from "MOUNTEDS IS BROKEN" crowds when major part of why IG is so OP is the Red Bug AXXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAX

I've seen people claiming IG would be useless without Mounts lol

Did Hunting Horn gets buffed? I'm interested in the concept of the weapon since its... cool, but seeing the MV data and the speedrunning gameplay, it get much less attractive

Edited by JSND

Did Hunting Horn gets buffed? I'm interested in the concept of the weapon since its... cool, but seeing the MV data and the speedrunning gameplay, it get much less attractive

Hunting Horns have been getting steady buffs since the 3rd gen (ridiculously good motion values); Hororohoruru was said to be very weak to KO, and Adam tested it out by trapping it and hitting it with a hunting horn (which KO'd it in 8 hits).

The CB Ultra Burst landed spot-on, and didn't KO it.

He neglected to show every CB style that wasn't Striker (as those were done in a previous video).

Really, the CB nerf seems overdone; I can't see any reason why an ultra burst deals less damage than 8 hits with a hunting horn. Couple that with the removal of shield thrust to super cancel, and you've got at least one person waiting for MH5 to find a happy medium.

Despite what Adam Evanko keeps insisting, the CB was not that broken; the IG and GS both consistently had higher times, and neither of them have been partially dismantled a la CB (though there are rumblings of lowered motion values; hope that's true).

dps isn't the only factor that made the charge blade overall better than pretty much every other weapon lmao. historically, the gs has always held the top spot in times (hammer and hbg were up there in FU too tbf, and iirc SA was up there in 3U). all weapons are entirely viable and hold different roles, just there are some clear winners in the speedrun department

i agree ig was broken as well, but the gs has better times than other weapons by virtue of dps being the entire point of the fucking weapon. you trade mobility, speed, and defence for ridiculous damage. of course, at the highest tier of gameplay, those things are irrelevant and higher times can be achieved because of the amount of damage it puts out. however, the cb has great mobility, a good defensive mechanic, great damage output, and ko on par with even the hammer, the caveat being it purportedly is mechanically more complex. you must see how that's overblown.

Edited by fuccboi

Eh no, I think the only weapon with better mobility than GS is DS and EvD Lance. I actually struggled to use other weapon after playing GS for so long simply because other weapons a TOO slow compared to GS

The real reason GS had very good time is actually more related on how you only get 1-2 seconds or something to attack. GS is designed to deal a big damage in a single burst while other weapons are usually more on wailing on a stationary target.

GS extreme amount of mobility play on this advantage - in the highest level of gameplay those godly GS players know how to abuse the mobility advantage of GS

Most of the speedrunned monster are extremely mobile as well, and GS murders them because thats how the weapon works

A really stand out example:

Lv. 140 Yian Garuga

GS = 3:38

LS = 12:13

SnS = 12:20

DB = 8:59

Hammer = 7:34

HH = 10:40

Lance = 10:21

GL = 11:24

SA = 8:39

CB = 7:47

IG = 5:37

LBG = 11:53

HBG = 8:29

Bow = 7:49

GS is very good here because it have that mobility to outrun Garuga, and enough burst to laugh at its pauses

I think personally speaking the best example would be Oroshi Kirin. If you know how to use GS against them, they are unbelievably easy with GS - almost every major thing it does is a Level 3 Charge opportunity, and hitting O-Kirin head an horn is the easiest thing to do

Edited by JSND