ROM crashes whenever I try to add a map sprite

Radetzky120

So I've been trying to add map sprites to my hack, and for some reason it's not working.

I'm following this tutorial step-by-step and here's what's going on.

1. Export map sprite from FE8 (let's say I want to use Eirika Lord in place of Lyn Lord)

2. Import map sprite into an FE7 ROM (I'm using the offset 8D00000 in this case; I'm not using that for anything ATM, so I'm trying it there first)

3. Repoint the map sprite in Nightmare

At this point when I try to test the map sprite, the game ends play and takes me back to the title screen. I'm kinda stumped as to what's going on, anyone have an idea?

So the decimal value of the offset 8D00000 is 147849216. The max offset in a clean fe7 rom is... 00FFFFF0 or 16777200. I think this is right. Which means... the location doesn't exist. Try a lower number? Just a random thought.

Sorry, wasn't clear. I meant D00000, the 8 just was the pointer I used.

Open your rom and go to D00000 to ckeck if the sprite you want is there.

Is the graphic inserted compressed?

Have you choosed the right size for the standing sprite or added the correct animation data for the moving sprite?

I'm thinking it might be related to the graphic not being compressed when I add it. How can I make sure?

Edit: Managed to get the standing map sprite working; now to see to the moving sprite.

Edited by Radetzky120