Choosing the Best Class for Sakura (Poll 10)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Sakura?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Sakura?

• Basara
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Great Merchant
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • I don't really know.
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Hoshido): Which is the most practical class for Sakura in the Hoshido campaign?

• Basara
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Great Merchant
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • I'm going to bench Sakura.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Sakura?

• Basara
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Great Merchant
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • She's fine in any class.
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Sakura?

• Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Great Lord
    • Witch
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes.
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next poll?

• Camilla
    • Kaze
    • Ryoma
    • Hinata
    • Effie
    • Flannel
    • Pieri
    • Setsuna
    • Nyx
    • Tomboy Swordsman
    • Can't ........ Controoooool
    • Yer Sadistic Eyepatch
    • I don't really care.

Sakura. Princess of Hoshido. Shy and bad at talking, but has a kind heart and wishes to heal the suffering of others. She also has a strong-willed side, where once shes decided on something, she absolutely will not back down. The best at healing.
[spoiler=Marriage/Buddy Seals]
Spoiler (Marriage/Buddy Seals)

A Marriage/Buddy seal allows a unit to reclass into one of the select class trees of his spouse (S support) or buddy (A+ support). A unit may only achieve an S support with units of the opposite gender (exc. Kamui, Syalla, Zero), and may only achieve an A+ support with units of the same gender.

(The credit for the following information goes to Gayserbeam, as I copied the wording of his explanation. Check out the Class Changing and Inheritance Thread for more information.

• If the users Primary Class is different than their Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, even if the user has that class as a Secondary Class already.
  • If the users Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class.
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class.
    • An unlearnable class is a class that may be unique to a character or their children. The following units have unlearnable classes: Nishiki (Fox Spirit), Flannel (Garou), Azura (Singer), Mozume (Villager).
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, and their Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Substitute Class.
    • A Substitute Class is simply a select class a character with an unlearnable class passes down under certain circumstances. The following units have Substitute Classes: Nishiki (Herb Merchant), Flannel (Outlaw), Azura (Rod Knight), Mozume (Herb Merchant).

If youre still confused, let me use Sakura as an example to try and clarify matters!

• Sakura/Tsukuyomi: Sakura's Primary Class is Priestess, and Tsukuyomi's is Spellcaster. Therefore, Sakura would Marriage Seal into Spellcaster.
    • Sakura/Subaki: Sakuras Primary Class is Priestess, and Subaki's is Pegasus Warrior. Therefore, Sakura would Marriage Seal into Pegasus Warrior. As Sakuras Secondary Class is Pegasus Warrior, she would not receive a new class tree from Subaki.
  • Sakura/Asama: Sakura's Primary Class is Priestess, and Asama's is Priest. Therefore, Sakura would Marriage Seal into Asama's Secondary Class-- Herb Merchant.
  • Sakura/Nishiki: As Nishiki's Primary Class is Fox Spirit, an unlearnable class, Hinoka would Marriage Seal into his Secondary Class-- Spellcaster.
  • Sakura/Priest!Avatar: Avatar's Primary Class is Nohr Priince, an unlearnable class. Sakura's Primary Class is Priestess, and Avatar's Secondary Class is Priest. Therefore, Sakura would Marriage Seal into her Substitute Class-- n/a as Priestess has no Nohrian counterpart.

[spoiler=Possible Classes]

• Classes in red are ones Sakura can only achieve in either the Hoshido or the Invisible Kingdom campaign.
  • Classes in blue are ones Sakura can only achieve in the Invisible Kingdom campaign

Base Classes (6H, 3N, 9T)

• Cavalier
  • Dark Mage
  • Herb Merchant
  • Ninja
  • Pegasus Warrior
  • Priestess
  • Rod Knight
  • Samurai
  • Spellcaster

Promoted Classes (11
H, 6N, 17T)

• Basara
  • Dark Knight
  • Exorcist
  • Falcon Warrior
  • Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Great Knight
  • Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Jonin
  • Maid
  • Paladin
  • Puppeteer
  • Sorcerer
  • Strategist
  • Trueblade
  • War Priestess
  • Weapon Master

[spoiler=Expansion of Possible Classes]
Primary Base Class:
Pristess
Primary Promoted Classes: Exorcist, War Priestess
Secondary Base Class: Pegasus Warrior
Secondary Promoted Classes: Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior

Marriage Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the spouses. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Asama: Herb Merchant -> Great Merchant, Puppeteer
  • Hinata: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Nishiki: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist
  • Saizou: Ninja -> Jonin, Puppeteer
  • Subaki: n/a
  • Tsukuyomi: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist

​

• Leo: Dark Mage -> Dark Knight, Sorcerer
  • Xander: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin

​

• Jakob: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin
  • Kaze: Ninja -> Jonin, Puppeteer
  • Silas: Rod Knight -> Maid, Strategist

Buddy Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the buddies. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Hana: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Hinoka: n/a
  • Elise: Rod Knight -> Maid, Strategist
  • Azura: n/a

[spoiler=Notice]

• In the previous optional poll, Kaze and Hinata tied for 2nd place (technically 2.5). Therefore, Kaze and Hinata get 3 votes each.
  • Xander and Oboro only received one vote each while Jakob recieved none. So they will be out for two polls (return at poll 12)
  • Nyx have been added back to the poll. if it is demonstrated again is that the forum is not interested in her, she will be out for 4 polls, she would return poll 15
  • Hana, Odin, and Zero has been added to the poll.

​

[spoiler=Possible Skills]
Personal Skill: Little Cheer: Allies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 less damage
Skills are organized alphabetically based on the classes. Within the classes, skills are listed in the order of achievement (e.g. a GK earns Luna at Lvl. 5 and Diamond Strike at Lvl. 15, so Luna is listed before Diamond Strike).

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Sakura can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Cavalier: Open Assault, Rescue
  • Dark Mage: Bind, Devilish Wind
  • Herb Merchant: Effective Medicine, Household Cure
  • Ninja: Locktouch, Snake Venom
  • Pegasus Warrior: Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart
  • Priestess: Miracle, Rally Luck
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Samurai: Flowing Strike, Vantage
  • Spellcaster: Magic +2, Fortune

Promoted Classes Skills

• Basara: Breaking Sky, Flamboyant
  • Dark Knight: Magic Seal, Lifetaker
  • Exorcist: Rally Magic, Tomefaire
  • Falcon Warrior: Rally Speed, Mirror Strike
  • Golden-Kite Warrior: Soar, Sun God
  • Great Knight: Luna, Diamond Strike
  • Greate Merchant: Easy Life, Extravagance
  • Jonin: Lethality, Kunaifaire
  • Maid: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Paladin: Defender, Aegis
  • Puppeteer: Puppet Break, Copycat Pupper
  • Sorcerer: Vengeance, Bowbreaker
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • Trueblade: Astra, Swordfaire
  • War Priestess: Renewal, Magic Counter
  • Weapon Master: Strength Seal, Line of Death

Miracle: Luck% chance of leaving the user with 1 HP when they have 2 or more HP
Rally Luck: Luck +8 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the Rally command is used
Rally Magic: Magic +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the Rally command is used
Tomefaire: When user is equipped with a Tome, damage +5 during battle
Renewal: Recover 30% HP at the start of the users Turn
Magic Counter: When the enemy triggers the battle and inflicts magical damage, the enemy receives the same damage

Swallow Strike: When user triggers the battle, double attack threshold +5
Eastern Heart: Recover 10% HP at the start of the users Turn if there are allies within a 2 tile radius
Rally Speed: Speed +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the Rally command is used
Mirror Strike: When user triggers the battle, magical damage received -20
Soar: Hit rate and Avoid +30 when facing Flying enemies
Sun God: Allies within a 2 tile radius recover 20% HP at the start of the users Turn

For more info about stats and growths, please go to http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/
[spoiler=Summary]

Optimal

1. Exorcist [40.54%]

2. War Priestess [37.84%]

3. Strategist [8.11%]

Practical (Hoshido)

1. Exorcist [51.35%]

2. War Priestess [43.24%]

3.5 Falcon Warrior [2.70%]

3.5 Maid [2.70%]

Preferred

1. War Priestess [67.57%]

2. Exorcist [13.51%]

3.5. Falcon Warrior [5.41%]

3.5. Maid [5.41%]

DLC

1. Witch [54.05%]

2. Dark Falcon [18.92%]

3. Great Lord [2.70%]

Optional Poll

1. Hinata (6+3 votes)[16.22%]

2. Can't ..... Controoooooooool (8 votes) [21.62%]

3. Kaze (3+3 votes) [8.11%]

Next poll we will be voting for Hinata.

Edited by Jayvee94

Exorcist for Optimal and Practical for Hoshido, War Priestess for preferred (unique model), and Odin for next week. While War Priestess boosts her HP by 10 and Luck by 15, her magic growth rate becomes 70% which is great, and the growth rates for the other stats are pretty much the same for both classes. Her strength growth rate is only 40 as a War Priestess. You could always give her the Shining Bow but it can't activate crits (and I heard it doesn't activate proc skills).

Sakura's pretty hilariously adept at any class due to outstanding all-around growths, so you can do just about anything with her, really. I'd kind of like to experiment with Trueblade Sakura just for the lulz. But her natural Exorcist and War Priestess are among her best choices and come right from her default class tree, so there's no need to move away from them unless you want to.

While I'll most likely use her as a War Priestess (almost exclusively because of the outfit and it has better Skills in an initial run where I most likely won't be changing classes that often), I prefer Exorcist for her in pretty much every scenario because Tomes happen to be my favorite Weapon type, while Bows happen to be my least favorite. With Bows, she's got the disadvantage of not being able to respond to up close attacks, while Exorcist can attack back against either, and I'd rather not have to rely on her dipping and dodging helplessly until my phase.

So while I'm probably gonna be going the War Priestess route, which, don't get me wrong, is also a very good class for her, I prefer Exorcist~

Edited by Landmaster

Well on Hoshido run best choice is Sage (exorcist, w/e) in my opinion, A rank with tomes also help her to deal additional damage which is good but this route isn't hard at all. : p (don't forget War Priestess with shining bow is doing creazy amout of damage but she won't be really able to dodge, crit or use active skills on battle)
If we're talking about secound route with her (third one) then you have more options: Give her sorcerrer and make her one of fighting ones, give her strategist and basically do same thing which she were doing in Hoshido but with additional mv-ment.
If you're about use dlc classes then (for now) dalk falcon is really good class for her as for fighting unit, witch is too but she isn't out yet (but S with tomes will sure help her)
As Luninareph said : You can use her at basically everything and she still will do the thing which is great in my opinion. Everything is about preference.

Edited by eriotto

War Priestess for all, but I see Exorcist would be an amazing choice for her because of her magic. Still, a Shining Bow can fix that problem! It might take some time to get in the Birthright campaign, but the third route makes it super easy by just being able to buy one.

#RallyNyx

I personally went with the Maid for Sakura for several reasons 1) There are actually better bow users, 2) Sakura can use Hidden Weapons and allow her to attack both melee and range, the stat debuffs from the Hidden Weapons makes her a viable support/offensive type unit, 3) She actually has decent Strength growth to take use of any kind of Hidden Weapon (apparently, this is a similar reason why I made Lissa a War Cleric), 4) Tomebreaker happens to be as useful for defensive purposes in combination of Miracle.

I was looking at Sakura's stats, and wow, I wasn't expecting Sakura to have such high and balanced stats, she seems to be one the best units in game.

But I go for Exorcist, mostly because of Horse God, Sakura seems to one of it's best users, but what about Sakura as a Dark Knight or Basara, or Shura? She seems to have potential to be a mixed attacker.

I personally went with the Maid for Sakura for several reasons 1) There are actually better bow users, 2) Sakura can use Hidden Weapons and allow her to attack both melee and range, the stat debuffs from the Hidden Weapons makes her a viable support/offensive type unit, 3) She actually has decent Strength growth to take use of any kind of Hidden Weapon (apparently, this is a similar reason why I made Lissa a War Cleric), 4) Tomebreaker happens to be as useful for defensive purposes in combination of Miracle.

Shining bow attack at 1-2 range, but it can't proc skills

I was looking at Sakura's stats, and wow, I wasn't expecting Sakura to have such high and balanced stats, she seems to be one the best units in game.

But I go for Exorcist, mostly because of Horse God, Sakura seems to one of it's best users, but what about Sakura as a Dark Knight or Basara, or Shura? She seems to have potential to be a mixed attacker.

Yeah, she does, her growths helps her with it for sure, why wouldn't we test it?

I'll go personally with dark falcon and then eventually witch. : P