SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

21.Have you seen Gone With The Wind?
22.The Most Complex Thing You Do In Your Kitchen (there is a right and wrong answer to this)?
23.Opinion on polygamy?
24.Is Cannibalism ethically immoral (ignoring the biological factors that makes it inadvisable)?
25.(Probably) Not at all related to the above, what's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

Thracia was released in 1999. I wouldn't really class that era as predominantly having difficult games extend life span. At least compared to the NES and early SNES era.

Eh, true. The NES were some times.

21 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Forgiveness or retribution?
10. First and current impressions of me?

6. Somewhere cooler. I'd probably go more northwest, like Portland.

7. Huh. I guess passive for the majority.

8. Legal positivism

9. Forgiveness--even if very hard to do all the time

10. Didn't have much first impressions to say. Current ones, I guess that you're an interesting one to talk to, with topics like older games and morality.

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

21.Have you seen Gone With The Wind?
22.The Most Complex Thing You Do In Your Kitchen (there is a right and wrong answer to this)?
23.Opinion on polygamy?
24.Is Cannibalism ethically immoral (ignoring the biological factors that makes it inadvisable)?
25.(Probably) Not at all related to the above, what's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

21. Nope. I've been hearing about it for a while but haven't seen it yet.

22. I didn't just look this up and I didn't just look confused at my screen.

23. Complicated. Honestly, complicated.

24. I'd consider it ethically immoral.

25. The only one I can remember right now is liver.

I should contribute back: Banryu

oh ;; uhh ;; Well, this is unexpected... I didn't realize this many people were aware enough of my existence to even nominate me for something like this .3. (Regrettably I don't know who some of you who nominated me are Dx so my apologies for that... BUT. UHH ;; I'm prepared to rectify this as well if people want =3=)

Uhh, I've been informed that I can choose to lift the cap of '5 questions per person', so I'll give the go ahead, but be aware that I will be prioritizing people whose questions I haven't answered yet and whatnot...

So, uh... with that...

18 minutes ago, Hattusili I said:

1. Which Fire Emblem games have you played?
2. What makes Blazing Sword your favorite FE?
3. Are you interested in history?
4. What languages do you speak? Would you like to learn more?

1. I've played all of the western releases with the exception of Shadow Dragon (though I actually plan to play it soon) as well as some of Binding Blade. Of them all I've only finished Blazing Sword, Awakening, and Fates Conquest though =3= I definitely want to finish SS and the Tellius games at some point, though!

2. If I'm being totally honest nostalgia is a big factor, as it was my first FE game. GBA spritework is also a huge factor, I friggin' fell hard in love with the dark magic classes that way haha (though ofc there's plenty of other great stuff in the sprites; swordmasters, heroes, wyverns, etc. GBA has best battle animations in the series hands-down). Though having played the others, I do also prefer it the most overall (of the GBA titles at least) for its difficulty and game balance. FE7 Hard Mode is right on the money in terms of the difficulty I prefer; FE6 was too sadistic for my tastes (less out of pure difficulty and more for its multitude of player-hostile design choices) and FE8, which while it's fun, has a good story, and the additional class options are cool, kind of appeals to me less with the ability to grind.

3. Yeah, I'd say so probably? Depends on the history (American history is ungodly boring to me for instance haha).

4. Currently just English and some Spanish. I'd definitely be interested in learning more; Japanese and Welsh would be cool, though honestly it's not a huge priority for me.

Edited by BANRYU

16 minutes ago, Res said:

1. Why Welsh? :D

2. Are you planning to analyse any more FE characters?

3. What history does interest you?

1. I got some Welsh roots, and of my heritages that I know, it's the one that interests me the most =w= (I mean... have you seen their flag? S'got a freakin' dragon on it. Wales is the land of dragons, yo) Also, it's a weird and interesting language. Like Gaelic. Ooh, actually, Gaelic would be interesting to learn as well :o

2. Not really, sorry .3. I can't think of too many other characters who I feel really need to be spoken up for...? Not that haven't already been, anyway... with Camilla it was sort of a deal where it felt like things were going unsaid (namely, positive things, or an appraisal of those things), so I felt obligated to step up and be the one to say them. The only other one I particularly feel warrants defending or analyzing is Tharja, but other people have done that before as well.

3. Stuff that never gets taught/acknowledged, mainly-- things like African history are glossed over at BEST if not unmentioned outright in American schools. I don't know if I have any specific preferences as far as culture goes; generally I'll listen to/read anything that happens to be told to me / in front of me and enjoy it. I DID always enjoy learning about ancient/medieval stuff, perhaps unsurprisingly lol... ...but you know what, then again, whenever I see American history stuff on tumblr, it's usually interesting...?? So I dunno if American schools are just bad at picking the interesting stuff to teach in history, or maybe I just had boring teachers, or what... I guess the takeaway here is that American schools suck ass when it comes to teaching history.

I know, I love the Welsh flag! I nearly attended university in Cardiff (ultimately I preferred another campus). Wales is really beautiful, too. It's just such a tiny country that it doesn't garner much international attention, so I was wondering what the interest was! 

I've never had a history lesson in a U.S. school but from everything I hear it does sound boring. 

Hey, cool, I'm part Welsh, too.  Well, I'm a lot of things, but part of being a mutt is being able to be proud of multiple heritages.

1: Obligatory "What are your impressions of me?" question.

2: How many kids would you like to have, assuming ideal circumstances?

3: What would be your top 5 boys names and top 5 girls names?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

5 hours ago, Res said:

I know, I love the Welsh flag! I nearly attended university in Cardiff (ultimately I preferred another campus). Wales is really beautiful, too. It's just such a tiny country that it doesn't garner much international attention, so I was wondering what the interest was! 

I've never had a history lesson in a U.S. school but from everything I hear it does sound boring. 

Ahh that's cool! xD Yeah I'd love to visit someday, it seems really nice.

And don't worry you're hardly missing much lol. 

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hey, cool, I'm part Welsh, too.  Well, I'm a lot of things, but part of being a mutt is being able to be proud of multiple heritages.

1: Obligatory "What are your impressions of me?" question.

2: How many kids would you like to have, assuming ideal circumstances?

3: What would be your top 5 boys names and top 5 girls names?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1. You seem like a cool mom x3 That is to say, a cool person in general, and also cool about being a mom xD

2. <- that many .3. My parents had 4 and seemed kinda overwhelemed with us all, so keepin' it on the lower end would be preferable to me. 

3. Oh hell. -headdesk- this isn't like... a bad question or anything, don't get me wrong, but... I'm the kinda person who deliberates for WAY too long about naming anything ;; I spend forever trying to come up with decent names for my Pokemon and weapons in FE Fates, how long d'ya think it takes me to come up with kid names? =w= But uhh... I'll take a stab at it (and probably change my mind later but ehhh). Off the top of my head (kinda) and in no particular order, mind you

Boy: Ryan, Neirin, Xavier, Leon, Asher

Girl: Samantha / Samara, Melody, Heather, Raven, Dawn

The first one for girls is slashed because Samantha is the main one we're considering right now for a daughter, though I'm gonna try to sell my wife and the rest of my family on going for the slightly more exotic variation haha ;; (also it's closer to samus' name Samus Aran yes I'm that much of a dweeb) If I cave, well... Samantha's a lovely name either way haha~

4. Hmm. Tough call, there aren't a ton of games I play that aren't mostly consistent with people's opinions of them... I guess the most appropriate ones for the prompt would be Mass Effect 3 (got a lot of hate from what I recall; my main criticism with the game is not the ending but rather the 'free2play' gacha-style model of the multiplayer, which is egregiously greedy for a game you have to pay 60$ for already lmao) and I suppose the Digimon games, which I play because I like Digimon, but are generally considered not very good. Digimon Battle Spirit and Dawn/Dusk are the main ones I've played aside from Digimon World 1, which most people seem to recall fondly.

5. Fable. I've mostly heard good things about it, but never enjoyed it myself... I don't like the controls or gameplay, the world and its aesthetics are largely too grungy and unpleasant for my tastes, and the bizarre story and its use of its esoteric 'hero' terminology weirds me out. NPCs are obnoxious cattle as well lmao, one of my most distinct memories of the game is watching my wife's sexy, famous, affluent character stroll into town and INSTANTLY start getting hit on by 50+ desperate men (art imitates life unintentionally?) and several lesbians lmao. I wouldn't say I hated it to the degree that I was happy to hear about what happened to the studio that made it, though. =3= RIP Liongate Studios. Also to a lesser extent, Fallout and Dragon Age; they seem like perfectly good/fine games (and what's more, I enjoy Skrim and Mass Effect, those games' fantasy/scifi counterparts made by the same two developers lmao), but for whatever reason they just have no appeal to me personally. 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

1. Boy no pressure ;; I don't feel like I've actually accomplished a lot, but in the interest of giving myself due credit I'm gonna say sticking it out through... what was it, like 5? 6? (maybe more...?) years of an LDR until we were able to move in together and get married. We met online in 2003 and got married November 2014. Maintaining relationships period is pretty hard already, and it doesn't get easier with LDRs... there's a lot you gotta do to make it work, but we stuck through it. I feel like that's worth something.

2. Umm... Katawa Shoujo. And Phyrnna. 

3. I started and got a bit through A Dance with Dragons by G.R.R. Martin nearly a year ago now lmao. I need to find that book and finish it OTL

4. I think probably New York? (That's further from California than South Carolina is I think, right?) visited an aunt/uncle or possibly house-sat for them or something, it was a long-ass time ago and I don't remember that well. 

5. Is saying my wife and/or son too corny? =w= probably that, though, my wife in her wedding dress and my kid when he was born haha ;; Don't make me pick between them. But real talk if we're talking literally, probably some kind of scenery somewhere, but damned if I can recall any specific ones.

1 hour ago, Lunafreya Fleuret said:

opinions of the following:

a. ee06c1c24e.gif

b. e67647148a.gif 

also what made you join sf?

A is a good boy/girl in a good color, has the capacity to hurt ppl but never would, B is loud and proud and struts their stuff, doesn't pay heed to the haters. Good for them.

IIRC I was looking to tryhard optimize some stuff with my FE Awakening pairings, and joined up as a means of more easily getting input and advice on it, then kinda wound up chatting about other stuff, I wanna say. 

Edited by BANRYU

27 minutes ago, Res said:

4. Have you listened to Hamilton?

5. How long distance was your LDR?

4. Haven't, sorry =w=

5. me in California, her in Arkansas and sometimes Texas. It could definitely have been worse, like west-to-east coast or even country-to-country; but I've even seen the lattermost work, and have nothing but the utmost respect for people who are able to make that work!