SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

701. Is philosophy important in the modern day?
702. What is your opinion on classical conditioning? When is it ethical to do?
703. Do you believe in life after death? What does it look like?
704. You are offered an accurate prediction of where you will be in 20 years time. You won’t have the ability to alter the future in any way. Would you want to hear it?
705. A magic genie comes out of your kettle. They give you three wishes, and no, you cannot wish for more wishes or money. What do you wish for?
706. What if that genie is a monkey with one paw?
707. Say your three wishes come true without any drawbacks. What do you do from here?
708. You are given one billion pound sterling in exchange for dying in one month. You cannot refuse the money. How do you use it?
709. Are friendships or romantic relationships more important to you?
710. If you could have a tail that’s attached to you from any animal, which would it be?
711. What subject would you want to teach?
712. Would you rather be rich and paralyzed from the waist down or poor and able-bodied?
713. Do words or actions mean more to you?
714. What do liberty and freedom mean to you?
715. Do you think wars will ever stop happening?
716. What culture interests you the most?
717. How much of beauty is objective and how much is subjective?
718. Are emotions rational or irrational?
719. If a computer were programmed to feel emotions and react to them just like humans do, would it be ethical to scrap it? Why or why not?
720. What’s the biggest mistake you made today?
721. After a child becomes officially an adult, should their parents still be able to tell them what to do?
722. Your best friend has just been murdered in their own house. Imagine the police are useless. What would you do to find the culprit and bring them to justice?
723. What’s your opinion on tipping in restaurants?
724. Is happiness the purpose of life?
725. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic?
726. Are you more likely to arrive early or late?
727. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
728. If you met a flat-earther irl, how would you convince them that the earth is round?
729. How many languages can you say hello in? Prove it.
730. Would you ever start a conspiracy theory for the heck of it? What would it be?
731. What Jack the Ripper theory do you believe the most?
732. If you went to a store, what three items could you buy that would make the cashier uncomfortable?
733. What is something you recently realized that you can’t believe you didn’t realize earlier?
734. Would you rather be admitted to an insane asylum or be thrown in prison? Why?
735. Imagine you never had to work again. All your expenses are taken care of. What would you do with your life then?
736. Make an exhaustive list of things you are afraid of. Assume none of the things on this list will ever happen. How does that change your life plans?
737. If you could learn the answer to any one question, what would you ask?
738. What makes you smile just by thinking of it?
739. What are your favorite fairy tales?
740. Are you ever lonely even when surrounded by people?
741. What’s your ideal ratio of alone time and social time?
742. Do you know where your ancestors came from?
743. Stripes or polka dots?
744. Favorite NPC designs in Pokémon?
745. Favorite Gym Leaders? Elite fours? Champion?
746. Favorite Pokémon MC?
747. Instinct, Valor, or Mystic?
748. What’s your favorite thing about each gen?
749. What are the most stand-out Pokémon soundtracks?
750. If you were in a somewhat-realistic Pokémon universe, do you think you would be able to collect all the badges and become the champion of a region?
751. Do you play competitively?
752. Favorite DR characters design-wise? Voice-wise? 
753. If you were put into Naegi’s situation in DR1, what would you have done?
754. First and current impressions of Magic the Gathering?
755. Whose let’s plays do you enjoy the most?
756. What kind of fanfiction do you look for? (like shipping, wish fulfillment, exploration, etc.)
757. What TV channel do you watch the most?
758. What is something you absolutely refuse to watch? Why?
759. What anime has the best artstyle iyo?
760. What about manga?
761. And video game?
762. Tell me something you like and dislike about MHA.
763. Tell me something you like and dislike about Fate Zero/UBW.
764. What would you do to improve League?
765. What utaite/youtaite do you listen to the most?
766. Could I conscript you to listen to utaite I listen to?
767. What’s your favorite cover of Outer Science?
768. Any opinions on EGOIST (sang some Guilty Crown and Psychopass soundtracks)?
769. Do you prefer soft, cute voices or mature, strong voices?
770. What did you think of Undertale (if you played it)?
771. Shoot/Stab/Snake/Sheep PB Monde Euklyd Ampharos
772. Favorite EiMM meme?
773. What’s the first attraction you visit in an amusement park?
774. Imagine Friendship Inc. is going on a weekend cruise. No one else is on the cruise besides the invisible staff. Who’s the first person to be thrown overboard? Who would be throwing them overboard?
775. Which Greek/Roman god would you want as your parent?
776. What’s your favorite texture?
777. If you could make any small animal as large as a cow, which animal would you choose and why?
778. What do you like in your sandwiches?
779. What’s the grossest thing you’ve eaten?
780. What’s your favorite and least favorite bug?
781. Do you rip the bandage off or peel it off slowly?
782. What is your weapon of choice?
783. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
784. What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
785. Do you sometimes “people watch”?
786. Have you ever found a four leaf clover?
787. What is something you’re interested in that no one else you know is?
788. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
789. What’s the best thing that happened to you in the past week?
790. What kind of visual art do you enjoy most? (paintings, drawings, sculptures, architecture, etc.) 
791. What paint do you appreciate the most? (acrylic, oil, water)
792. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
793. What are some things you’ve had to unlearn?
794. If you were forced to stay in a 100-meter circle for the rest of your life where would you want that circle be?
795. What question can you ask to find out the most about a person?
796. When was the last time you changed your mind on something major? Why did you?
797. When was the last time you changed someone else’s mind on something major? How did you do it?
798. If you were the last person remaining on earth, what would you do?
799. In what situation or place would you feel the most out of place in?
800. What is something you had fun doing but would never do again?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Koneko said:

21 // How did you get into the Kagerou Project series? Which character design do you like most out of all the characters?

22 // Thoughts on the new song?

23 // Are there particular osts from a film or show that stood out to you? What were they and what made you attracted to them?

24 // If Friendship Inc. all decided to meet up in real life, how would that play out?

25 // Create a meme dream league team with the current LCS players!

26 // Thoughts on the fact Maka would want to be called by their first nickname in this pic?

27 // As a pokemon trainer in general, what would your team consist of (include moves/items if you want \o /)?

28 // Are there certain dishes that you like to cook the most? If you don't cook, what dish would you want to learn the most?

29 // Favourite colour palette?

30 // Each petal of a four leaf clover represents faith, hope, love, and luck. Which would represent each of the milk tea friends (Iris, Kim, Kitty, Sylv) and why?

21) Iirc, I stumbled into this video (Danganronpa spoilers) after finishing Danganronpa 2 and I looked into it a bit more from there. #3 because he looks like (and iirc acts like) a snarky jerk.

22) It's okay? I'm not a super big fan, but it takes me a few listens to adjust to new songs sometimes (MHA op4/5 come to mind), so ask me again later maybe lol.

23) BABY DRIVER. I went into that movie with 0 expectations and the soundtrack made it a really special experience. It's kinda sad because I think it's definitely a cinema film and haven't watched it again since, but I think it's the most fun I've ever had watching a movie just because of how well-tuned it is with the soundtrack.

24) I think it'd be a really awkward first few minutes (especially with so many people meeting for the first time, "are you Wolv or Monde?" and stuff like that), but afterwards it'd be a good time I think. It's kind of hard to say how it'd play out because it's a pretty big group and its possible that we'd splinter off into smaller groups and do things which is fine as long as everyone's enjoying it.

25) 

EU LCS EDITION:
Odoamne (Also known as Dodoamne, successor to Dyrus' random toplane deaths)
Maxlore (BRITISH also he's hilarious on mic checks)
Caps (the embodiment of "I don't care I'll just play anything")
KaSing (MORE BRITISH he seems like the kind of guy to feed when he offroles while laughing hysterically)
Jankos (I know he's a jungle main BUT HE REALLY LOVES PLAYING BRAUM ALRIGHT)

NA LCS EDITION:
Solo (Obligatory toxic teammate)
Meteos (Sneaky and Meteos)
WildTurtle (Every meme team needs at least one questionable roster swap)
Sneaky (Sneaky and Meteos)
Hakuho (Thresh GOAT)

26) lol.

27) HERE'S A BLAST FROM THE PAST 

OGiBXUR.png

28) I don't have any aspirations to be a crazy good cook or anything in particular, but I'd like to learn how to make enough dishes to 1) not be bored with my cooking 2) eat fairly well 3) be able to make it on my own without relying heavily on ready meals.

29) I think I already answered this, but blue<->green can look nice, I don't know specific numbers or anything thought :ablobsweat:

30) Idk how to answer this one tbh and I've spent a long time thinking about it so I'm gonna skip. Maybe later?

801. There are two types of people in this world. What are the two types?
802. What is something you are certain you’ll never experience?
803. Do you think people are smart enough to govern themselves? How strong should a Federal government be?
804. What piece of media has impacted you the most?
805. How much do you appreciate city aesthetic on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the most?
806. Dub or sub???
807. What small gesture from a stranger or someone you don’t know well made a big impact on you?
808. If you had a clock that could countdown to any one event of your choosing, what event would you want it to countdown to?
809. When do you feel truly “alive”?
810. What do you strongly suspect but have no proof of?
811. What makes a good life?
812. What “never have I ever”s would you use to win never have I ever?
813. What stats (heh) for your life would you most like to see?
814. What are the three most significant numbers in your life?
815. How are you most likely to save someone’s life?
816. Give me three facts and two lies about yourself but don’t tell me which is which.
817. What do you live for?
818. Do you consider yourself mature?
819. What’s the drunkest you’ve ever gotten?
820. What was your first ever alcoholic drink?
821. What is something that you do now that you’ll probably be embarrassed by in five years?
822. What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
823. What is the prettiest photo you have on your phone?
824. What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
825. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn? Why did you wear it?
826. What was your best Halloween costume?
827. What’s the best thing you’ve seen on reddit?
828. What are your favorite cheeses?
829. If you were wrongfully admitted to an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
830. If you were transported 500 years into the past without any belongings, how would you convince people that you came from the future?
831. Which body part would you mind losing the least?
832. Would you rather lose one eye or be half-deaf?
833. What was your biggest kitchen screw-up?
834. What problem or situation did TV / movies make you think was common but in reality it wasn’t? How did you find out?
835. Would you rather the general public think you are a horrible person but your family be very proud of you or your family think you are a horrible person but the general public be very proud of you?
836. Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or in the real world?
837. Would you rather have a horrible short term memory or a horrible long term memory?
838. What element would you most want to control?
839. Design a restaurant. What would it look like, what food would be served?
840. Would you rather have everything you eat be too salty or not salty enough no matter how much salt you add?
841. What is something people you interact with romanticize?
842. If you had a get out of jail for free card, what crime would you commit and why?
843. Can you take good selfies?
844. Would you go to jail for a crime your friend committed?
845. Would you rather be town with five people you dislike or mafia with the one person you dislike most?
846. What piece of classical music do you enjoy the most?
847. What classical composer do you appreciate the most?
848. Given that all your necessities are taken care of, would you rather live in a cozy cabin in the woods or a mansion in a city?
849. What sport do you want to try out the most?
850. Would a horribly corrupt government or no government at all be better?

On 11/09/2018 at 8:28 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

140. How was your internship at Friendship Inc.? Would you come back next summer?
141. Please write a brief review of one of your coworkers with either positive or negative feedback.
142. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
143. What physical feature do you notice first on a person’s face?
144. What personality trait do you usually notice first?
145. What controversial piece of media do you like?
146. What controversial piece of media do you dislike?
147. Do you trust easily?
148. What do you think is better to buy online than in a store?
149. What color is your hair and would you dye it?
150. Kimqueror or Kimklyd?

140) Yes, I would be delighted to come back! 

141) Jim was a nice guy, but I think if he drinks too much coffee he might struggle sleep at night. Please take care of your health Jim (and stop making me bring you coffee you jerk that's why).

142) I don't think I have any character that I relate to completely or anything, but I relate to parts of Shoto Todoroki from My Hero Academia (wrt having a very strong idea of what you dislike, although I don't have the daddy issues/backstory that he does and it's more of a general matter of principles). 

143) Their expression I think? I know this isn't a feature or w/e but yeah. 

144) If someone is loud or quiet lol. I guess this is a general confidence thing, kinda?

145) Your Lie in April, apparently. :smug:

146) Um... I didn't like The Kite Runner after reading it too many times for class (idk if that counts) and Amir's actions in the first half of the book were really fucking bad. I know it's a redemption story but it still didn't stick well with me.

147) Yeah, probably too easily. I'm good at moderating this within mafia though, so there's probably hope?

148) Video games. Otherwise I kinda prefer shopping in store to online just because it's more of an experience I guess? But online is definitely faster if you know what you're looking for.

149) I have brown hair. I haven't really considered dyeing it seriously, but for a reasonable colour I'd probably go back to blond (I was blond when I was younger) 

150) Kimklyd sounds better, but Kimqueror wins the day.

Edited by SB.

On 11/09/2018 at 8:32 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

151. How often do you get sick?
152. What’s the worst illness you’ve contracted?
153. Have you ever broken a bone?
154. Have you ever gotten surgery? If so, what for?
155. Have you gotten any cavities?
156. Do you have any scars with stories behind them? (besides the hole in your soul from being stabbed for a bpv)
157. What dere are you? If you don’t know take a diagnostic quiz like this https://www.quotev.com/quiz/10544143/Which-Dere-are-you-Realistic
158. Favorite day of the week?
159. What do you do to relax?

151) I don't get *sick* sick very often, but I catch colds every year and all of that.

152) I was in/out of school for three weeks once (or twice?) with really bad flu.

153) Nope.

154) Nope.

155) Nah.

156) THE SOUL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE but I small one (well its more like a two part scar I guess) on my left hand from scouts when I was carving something with a knife and did it in a really dumb was and cut my hand a bit. It's barely visible and you have to be looking for it to see it though.

157) iirc I am a Dandere.

158) This year it's probably going to be Wednesday bc it's one of two days I have off and it's the one I don't have work right after.

159) As little as possible. Finding something to read/watch/play and getting absorbed in it works well, but relaxing and blowing off steam are different things imo.

Edited by SB.

On 11/09/2018 at 8:33 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

160. Do you want to be taller or shorter? Or do you think your height is just right?
161. What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
162. How much sleep do you usually get per night?
163. How do you keep yourself awake when you’re tired?
164. What alarm do you use?
165. Which of the seven sins do you most associate with?
166. Which of the seven virtues do you most associate with?
167. Do you do any textile stuff? (sewing, knitting, crochet, embroidery, etc)
168. What was your childhood dream? How come?
169. Would you say that you are a perfectionist?

160) I hate the fact that my younger cousins are taller than me now, but they're noobs and are gonna have to start ducking through doorways I bet so HA I'm fine with my height. Can I choose to shrink my cousins instead?

161) Probably 24 hours or something? I'm weak lol and I'm useless without sleep.

162) I aim for 6-7 and land somewhere between 4-8.

163) I try and stand up because it's harder to fall asleep (I do this at work a lot lol).

164) Phone alarm, but not that often because I tend to work up pretty early. I mostly used it for naps before EiMM deadlines so I wouldn't accidentally murder someone.

165) Envy (I think I answered this one with Marth).

166) Temperance suits me I think? When Iris and I were making IDNSFMM5 and wondered about our own Arcanas, Temperance came up.

167) I have almost no experience with this tbh.

168) I think I liked the idea of being a lawyer because it would be cool to help people and JUSTICE. But then I got older and it seemed a lot less glamorous so I dropped the idea.

169) I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things for other people, but I'm a lot laxer when it comes to my own shit (and probably too lax at that).

On 11/09/2018 at 8:34 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

170. Do you get flustered easily?
171. How often do you lose your temper?
172. On a scale of 1-10, which 1 being the least and 10 being the most, how much do you appreciate puns?
173. Orange or green?
174. What is unforgivable under any circumstance?
175. Who’s your favorite person to bully?
176. If you had the power to invent anything, what would it be?
177. Do you think you’re the stepper or the stepped-on?
178. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
179. Do you ever send paper letters?

170) I used to, but it's a lot rarer nowadays. I didn't really know how to take genuine compliments (unprompted ones that weren't from family or shit because they have to like you, kinda) for a while so that was a learning experience lol.

171) I don't think most people have actually seen me flip out because I keep it fairly muted. Wrt fullblown outbursts, they're incredibly rare, but I don't think that I get frustrated any less than the average person or anything like that. 

172) 9 or 10, I like stupid puns far too much.

173) The nicest shade of orange is better than the best green, but the worst orange is worse than the worst green I think. Orange overall though?

174) Rape immediately springs to mind.

175) Sorry Kitty, but it's you. Moon (only Rein/Damian will know her) is also pretty funny.

176) A self-sufficient energy source, maybe? One that doesn't harm the environment or anything, if possible, but I don't know how precise we're aiming for here.

177) Probably closer to stepped-on, but uh, I'm not Conq at least.

178) I want to say body, because if your mind didn't deteriorate at all wouldn't you just be hyper aware of how much less you were capable of? Actually, nah, that's kind of depressing but I think I'd prefer to keep my thoughts if nothing else because you'd be able to stay independent for longer that way.

179) Unless cards count, I don't. I barely send texts/emails lol.

My apologies if any of these have been asked already.

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. Where did you come up with the name SB?

IV. Favorite Mafia/EiMM game you've hosted?

V. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

VI. Hot or cold?

VII. Do you know your Myers Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

On 11/09/2018 at 8:36 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

180. Do you have any nicknames you can share?
181. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item, which cannot be your phone or laptop. What would it be? Why?
182. What would your last meal be? You can choose a main, a side, a drink,  and a dessert.
183. What are the best historical last words?
184. What do you want your last words to be?
185. Would you prefer burial or cremation?
186. Do you have any pets? Tell me about them.

180) I don't really get called by any now. Some people called me Chazza at school, but idk if that was a mocking thing or not tbh and it didn't really stick with me lol. 

181) My immediate reaction to "no phone/laptop" was "whatever", but the practical answer is my wallet probably because getting ID and stuff replaced sounds like a pain. Ha, I totally cheated your question!

182) If I'm going out, just give me a boatload of Ice Cream. I think 

183) "Last words are for fools who haven't said enough." 

184) Something expressing satisfaction with how my life went? I don't know precisely what I'd want to say or anything like that.

185) Cremate me, I don't wanna get slowly eaten by a bunch of bugs.

186) My dog is called Teddy. She's insane. She also won me a mafia game once when she was a puppy by escaping into my neighbour's garden and hour before deadline. I wasn't around the CC the second doc (we had two docs in a 9p game because SURPRISE THREE SERIAL KILLERS) so I didn't kill second doc!Vhaltz and we lynched SK!Serela instead. <3 Serela

On 9/8/2018 at 3:04 PM, Kinumi said:

431. do you use a pedometer? how many steps do you take in a typical day?

432. songs whose lyrics have really touched you?

433. whose sf interview(s) would you like to see in the future?

434. is cheesecake a cake or a pie?

435. how often do you nap? how long are they, usually?

436. what’s something you always wanted to do as a child, but never did (if anything)?

437. describe your own personal paradise/heaven

438. if you had to physically and mentally  stay the same age for the rest of your life, what age would you pick?

439. how low does your laptop battery get for you to plug in your charger?

440. i’m kind of doubtful since it’s so basic but kitty has informed me that no one has asked you a genie quesion yet. if you had three wishes, what would you ask for, besides anything allowing you more wishes?

431. I don’t use a pedometer so I have no idea. Probably below average since I spend most of my day sitting at a desk, while I mostly only walk to lunch.

432. Let’s go with “I am a Rock” and “The Sound of Silence.” The former is self-explanatory, about the lies we tell to ourselves to try to make the pain go away and pretend it’s not there. Wrt the latter, I’ve had a similar experience/vision with walking in the streets of NYC surrounded by people, and yet everything is silent and people are just walking past each other. It’s an indescribably lonely feeling when you’re completely surrounded by others

433. A lot of sf interviews I want to see have already happened, so I’d like to see your re-interview only so I could dump 500+ questions on you.

434. 100% a pie. Cakes don’t have crusts.

435. Sometimes I take a quick 10-15 nap after lunch. I usually don’t nap, although on the weekend I might nap in the afternoon for several hours if I stayed up too late the previous night.

436. When I was a kid (like 3rd grade?), I wanted to host a huge birthday party and invite a bunch of people I knew. We would have a treasure hunt (designed by me, to be played by the guests for their party favors), paper fishing night market style, and some other events so that guests would have fun. For various reasons, this never happened and we moved several times so I had to abandon and rebuild my friend groups more than once. I became more of a loner/recluse over time and eventually stopped wanting to celebrate my birthday altogether, although I did have a few celebrations where I invited one or two people over for cake and to just talk. Maybe one day I’ll play the entertainer again, but it won’t be for my birthday.

437. A world where everyone can genuinely be happy together.

438. Around 25 maybe? Wish I could pick an older mental age for this one, but being having a physically subpar body is much more noticeable than any mental shortcomings. 30 could be nice too, depending

439. I always keep my laptop fully charged- I can’t remember the last time I used it while not plugged in. The slowdown while running on only battery is noticeable because of all the applications I have open.

440. Ignoring smartass answers, I wish for the ability to read minds at will, detailed blueprints for a portable mind reader that could be manufactured and sold at a reasonable price, and the global elimination of the need to eat/drink at all.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:29 PM, Kinumi said:

441. where would each member of jaburu place on a classic alignment chart?

442. what word(s) or emote(s) have you found yourself using more recently?

443. are you good at keeping secrets?

444. how many online forums are you on?

445. how accurately does your mbti type define your personality?

446. do you know the general traits of your zodiac sign? do you fit them?

447. if you were asked to create an art piece right now, what would the subject be?

448. do you have any siblings? what are they like?

449. are you close to family members outside of your immediate family (cousins, etc.)?

450. do you have a favourite artist on pixiv?

441. Kim - Chaotic Good. Kitty - Neutral Good. Sylv - Neutral Evil.

442. I never used :relieved: until a few weeks ago.

443. Serious secrets I’ll take to my grave. “Secrets” that aren’t really secrets might get leaked if I think leaking the secret is funny or will be more helpful leaked than kept secret.

444. Uh, tough question to answer because I’ve registered accounts of a ton of forums I don’t actually post on regularly and I don’t remember most of them. Right now, the forums I can recall are all there for mafia-related reasons: SF, MotK, MU, MS.

445. Decently accurately I guess? I like to think my personality is more than just a MBTI type though!

446. I had no idea zodiac signs even had traits until I read this, I thought they just had daily predictions you could read in stuff like Coffee News.

447. Urban decay combined with the style of Zdzisław Beksiński’s pieces like this one:

VXIVoW3V4ow2sjtsz_qaVIM9lZ0diy79N0cFLyiWNZSc0vfnqQq4gftAQcrXyNLFagdZy-l8AaleX637auacLwN89OYFz7TJLZzjjjGkWuaF_46dIaVRHXEm6QZhxJUR75gksDGn

448. I have 3 younger siblings - two sisters and one brother. They’re devious just like little siblings tend to be and are fairly different from me personality-wise. My brother is the youngest and probably the one I know the least since he was raised elsewhere.

449. Don’t really talk to them much because of distance/language barrier.

450. Not really, I do follow a bunch of random artists though.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:35 PM, Kinumi said:

451. would you let me try to carry you if you play again?

452. rank jaburu from most to least likely to get n1’d

453. rank jaburu from most to least likely to get cucked out of a win if she were alive at endgame without the other two

454. did you actually ever read sylv’s and my role pm’s from survivor?

455. who’s going to win motk eimm?

456. idk serela that well, is he actually going to n1 you in every game from now on or is that just banter :megathink:

457. who are the top 5 cutest people in eimm server iyo 405460903182598164.png?v=1

458. what's the best order to kill jaburu in?

459. what are the best strategies to survive during earlygame vs midgame vs endgame?

460. what's the appeal of eimm?? why do people keep playing despite the negativity that comes out of it?

451. You could try, but like I said before I don't like to be carried since I have my pride and all that. 

Spoiler

I wouldn't mind hard allying with you though. This isn't pregaming.

452. Sylv -> Kitty -> Kim (based on what's happened in past games I've seen)

453. Kim -> Kitty - > Sylv (based on who is more likely to throw if the other two aren't alive at endgame)

454. I read bits and pieces, but I never got to read it fully because of how long it was, but thanks for reminding me, I'll put it on my backlog (please don't go back and delete stuff now that I said this, that would make me sad!)

455. idk, sb maybe.

456. It's both. What better form of banter than actually going through with it?

457. I'm not answering this, because I have a few placements that would be incriminating.

458. Sylv -> Kitty -> Kim

459. Early game -> Don't get involved in early slapfights, network enough that you don't get rando'd.

Midgame -> Figure out which alliances/people are less likely to endgame with you and kill them one night before they kill you.

Endgame -> Try not to get stabbed. Tbh, once you've reached this point there's not much else you can do than hope you set up correctly during midgame. If you have really good powers of persuasion/coercion you can pull some tricks here though.

460. Because it's fun to talk with new people and it's a nice adrenaline rush to make plans while trying to survive X-1 bullets flying each night. Alternatively, it's chill and you get to kill people and use fun roles.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:37 PM, Kinumi said:

461. did you eat well today?

462. you mentioned wanting to learn at least some chinese or spanish, iirc? why those two languages? any reasons besides for work?

463. do you have any notes written down on discord profiles? what do you usually use them for? do you have any for jaburu?

464. what do you estimate to be the word count of jaburu’s doc of conqterview questions 405460903182598164.png?v=1

465. how do you pronounce “motk” in your head?

466. how do you pronounce “gif”?

467. do you pronounce “puush” as “push” or “poosh”?

468. what is...the right way to pronounce “serela” i think i’ve been getting it wrong this entire time

469. do you have any birthmarks?

470. how long is your hair?

461. I ate decently well, and also you should eat, kim - the eating cartel is always watching.

462. Large populations of speakers that I have a >rand chance of interacting with, including people who I've wanted to speak more with but haven't been able to in the past. Plus more literature and other media I'll be able to consume if I want to.

463. I only really write notes on people who are serial discord impersonators like certain people in the EIMM server, with the exception of a few people I gave cutesy nicknames to. I do have notes on Jaburu but it's just a bad pun on your names.

464. 5k words? 10 words per question, 500 questions, sounds reasonable. What's the actual answer?

465. Emm Ohh Tee Kay

466. Like "gift" but without the t sound.

467. Push

468. I actually have no idea, but I've always pronounced it Seh-Reh-Lah. Seh as in Serotonin, Reh as in Recidivism, Lah as in Lacrosse.

469. I have a mole above my right lip, and few more on random spots on my body.

470. Mid length, a little shorter than this and without the facial hair I guess? It can get longer or shorter depending on how lazy I am with haircuts or how annoyed I am by the summer heat.

59 minutes ago, Conqueror said:

464. 5k words? 10 words per question, 500 questions, sounds reasonable. What's the actual answer?

a64110f62e.png

358701954018574368.png?v=1

Edited by Kinumi

For some horrible reason, a TV studio executive has stumbled into the EIMM server and has found himself amused by the unpredictability, memes, and rampant gamethrowing. He approaches you and says he wants to use the playerbase as personalities for various TV shows with you as the casting director. 

One show is about a group of five people who have to work together. It can be your typical superhero team or something like Cowboy Bebop/YYH where a fairly unlikely group of people come together for a common goal, whatever you want. Who do you choose to form an entertaining and effective team and why, and what are their specialties/roles in terms of teamwork? You can do more or less than five people if a certain combination of personalities strikes you as a home run. 

Another show is a buddy cop show with the draw being either 1) the heroes' methods wildly differ, 2) the heroes frustrate each other to comedic effect, or 3) both. Who are some good combos here?

On 9/8/2018 at 3:40 PM, Kinumi said:

471. what kind of novel are you looking into writing?

472. if you could only have one cause to live for, what would it be and why?

473. what three events in life do you think made who you are today?

474. if you had to lead a group of tourists around your city, where would you take them?

475. what did you major in uni?

476. what’s your favorite memory from uni?

477. what game do you always lose in?

478. if you could add four more hours to your day, what would you do with them?

479. what’s a weird flavor combination that you like?

480. most useful skill you've learned?

471. Uh, I have several super rough ideas floating around, but it would be a fiction novel.

Set in the present day, with a hint of magical realism. A singer finds one day that she can only communicate in song. A writer loses the ability to speak. A primordial embodiment of sin has been siphoning unused voices and constructed personalities - ultimately depositing them in a human vessel who feels more like a puppet than a person. All, their fates intertwine on a certain Valentine's Day. Themes would be about communication, identity, isolation, connecting to others.

A murder mystery/psychological thriller featuring a salaryman who attempts suicide but is interrupted by a mysterious voice in his head. As he starts communicating with the voice, a series of mysterious murders occur around him and he realizes the telepath is a vicious serial killer. Themes: Trust, duty, justice, responsibility, the morality of suicide.

A coming-of-age romance in a college setting. Themes: familial expectations, finding meaning in life, one's place in society.

A sci-fi political epic set against a backdrop of space exploration. The protag is a surveyor who is helping to develop a newly colonized planetoid, and is caught up in a web of Earth and interstellar politics. Meanwhile, her best friend has her own story arc back on Earth, but is working on the "opposing side" as the protag. Basically this is probably a gundam ripoff without the mechs. Themes: exploitation of nature, loyalty, authority, technology, politics.

472. It would probably be to live for another person (currently unspecified). I can't really imagine solely devoting myself to some sort of impersonal, abstract cause - I'd lose steam and enthusiasm fairly quickly.

473. Moving to NJ in middle school and adjusting to the new social order while noting the bias in the academic system against transfers, meeting and falling in love with the person I considered my best friend, finding out about Touhou and subsequently playing my first mafia game on MotK.

474. I'm actually not quite sure since I'm fairly new to this area myself. I'd probably take them to another city - this is basically a suburban commuter town, but there's a very nice park I guess I could show them I suppose.

475. Geosciences! I focused mostly on geology and geophysics with a hint of meteorology. 

476. Out of all the memories I can think of, my favorite is probably 

Spoiler

my first kiss

477. Not a game, but long-distance running. I "ran" a 5K once and finished behind the runner in a cast and just in front of the couple wheeling a baby in a stroller.

478. Work on my backlog of things I need to do - I've been running behind on my errands and tasks.

479. When I had access to a drink fountain at my school cafeteria, I'd sometimes mix all the drinks together, including sodas, juices, milk (including chocolate), and coffee. The result was surprisingly tasty - somewhat tangy, with a nice kick.

480. Being able to lie convincingly.

On 11/09/2018 at 8:39 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

187. What browser do you use?
188. What is your desktop wallpaper?
189. What is your phone’s wallpaper?
190. What’s your favorite discord emote?
191. What if I stole your nitro for a day?
192. How many tabs do you usually have open at any given time?
193. What is the first username you remember making, ever?
194. What other forums do you frequent?
195. Do you ever regret what you post?

187) Chrome, unless it decides to do Chrome things on Youtube and occassionally freeze while tabbing back in, when I'll reluctantly boot up Edge.

188) 

d2d55186b1fa9669a9c2d041a158e1f4.jpg

(Yes, I have a folder just called aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa don't worry about it).

189) 

image0.png?width=374&height=664

190) 442190512376643584.png?v=1

191) The world would become signficantly danker for 24 hours only.

192) Never more than like, 15? Because then it starts annoying me and I nuke them.

193) DARKBOLT97 for Minecraft, pls no judge

194) I don't go to any other forums anymore. I barely use SF outside of Mafia, so...

195) Very rarely, and it's mostly a phrasing thing rather than an a matter of actual content. Inside of mafia, sure, but that's just because playing scum is suffering sometimes.

Edited by SB.

On 11/09/2018 at 8:40 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

196. How different are you online vs irl?
197. How important do you consider your online relationships?
198. Do you think online personas differing from real-life personalities are deceptive?
199. Have you ever met up with anyone you first met online? If so, how’d it go? If not, would you want to?

196) I think that I come across as more aloof offline, and obviously facial expressions and body language make it harder to hide when I'm frustrated at something (whereas online I'll usually keep it on the down low or dip temporarily because I don't like showing that I'm annoyed). I don't think I'm extremely different, but it's just different because of different methods of communication I think.

197) Some of my online friends have impacted my life in a very positive manner, and I generally hold those around the same value as my closest rl friendships (which have done the same). 

198) Sort of, but it's not any different from how people put on different personas in real life (if there isn't malicious intent behind it, it's whatever). I think (outside of stress relief reasons) it's a matter of wanting to show the best version of yourself, which isn't any different to how people act irl because nobody wants to advertise the parts of their personality that they're uncomfortable with. 

199) I met Shin and Ciarre in March? I think it was March. We met up in Cambridge, iirc it rained on us and we went to a bunch of museums and stuff, had lunch, went around some university grounds which was cool and then sat in Costa for 2 hours or something and just talked. It was fun, but most of the people I know online are kind of an ocean away from me, which makes things difficult to do regularly. 

On 11/09/2018 at 8:44 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

200. What’s your favorite text laugh? (lol, lmao, haha, rofl, etc.)
201. Strangest email/text you’ve ever received?
202. How do you feel about long-distance relationships?
203. What languages do you know?
204. What languages would you like to learn and why?
205. Have you traveled much inside the UK?
206. What about internationally?
207. What do you like about your current location?
208. What do you dislike about it?
209. What places would you like to visit if you could and why?

200) lmao or haha is the best. XD is the worst.

201) I don't remember anything sticking out too much.

202) I think that they'd be difficult to work out just because it's hard to see an endgame for them (because it always involves at least one party moving a significant distance to be with their s/o) and even getting to a point where you're comfortable doing that is difficult. I don't think that physical affection is super important, but when an LDR goes kinda quiet or gets worse, it seems like it would be harder to repair than the average relationship just because you have less options available. That all being said, I think that if you care about someone that much, you should try it out. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work out, and a definite answer is better than being left with "what ifs" imo.

203) English and scraps of other languages. All of my language teachers were pretty horrendous, so I never really had the desire to learn another language while in school and I still don't particularly care now.

204) Various European languages so I can talk more easily to people with bad English lol. 

205) I don't consider myself particularly well travelled or anything because I mostly tend to stay around the same areas, but I've been to Scotland and Wales at least.

206) I've been to a couple of places in Europe (Portugal/Spain/France/Belgium, I'm probably missing some) but never outside of it. 

207) It's quiet and nothing bad ever really happens.

208) Nothing happens in general tbh. 

209) I'd like to visit the US/Canada, a few more European countries and a couple of Asian ones just for variety, but I don't have the details worked out yet lol. This is mostly just a variety list in terms of "it'd be cool to see different places".

On 14/09/2018 at 7:55 AM, Conqueror said:

What's the appeal of Persona 5 to you? (I've never played any persona game so give me the layman's rundown.)

Danganronpa V3 spoiler-heavy questions below:

Reveal hidden contents

What were your thoughts on how the ending was handled and do you think the series should be dead and buried, or is there room to explore the setting/premise further in a meaningful way?

I keep forgetting about this so I'll just answer now:

Persona 5: 

The short version is that everything ties into its themes in a really cool way it makes the experience feel more satisfying. You really get this feeling of oppression hanging over you for the majority of the game, facing injustice that should be insurmountable if you didn't have the Metaverse to deal with it. The Phantom Thieves aesthetic is both really cool and really well portrayed in gameplay, sneaking around palaces and ambushing Shadows. This is especially prevalent on higher difficulties, which can be pretty brutal, but at the same time you really feel like the odds are stacked against you and you have to be crafty and precise with how you run the palaces if you want to succeed. It's really good story/gameplay integration imo, and the general aesthetics of the game really help this feel too. 

The stakes feel high (plot and gameplay) and it's a really cool experience. The characters also feel very well suited to the setting; in previous Persona games the shopkeepers were just whatever dudes in shops, here you have the shady ex-mafia airsoft shop owner and the backalley doctor who was outcast from the medical community and sells you medicine that most people would probably raise an eyebrow at. The biggest thing though is probably all of your party members and the sense of unity between them. The Phantom Thieves are essentially a band of misfits and outcasts who have all been held down unjustly by society in some way (Kamoshida ruins Ryuji's leg + reputation so he acts like a delinquent, Yusuke's work is constantly plagiarised by Madarame and he can't say anything, etc) and so it feels like there's a real sense of unity to bring them together, rather than just... "you guys saved me, guess I'm on the team now!" from Persona 4.

I'm probably not doing the game justice with this description but it's a really cool experience and I've never found another game quite like Persona 5. Play it imo.

Wrt DRV3:

If it ends here, I'll be sad but I'm fine with it. As long as we don't get another Danganronpa 3 (the anime) I think another game could be good, especially with a new director since Kodaka left, but if V3 is the end of Danganronpa I'll totally understand. 

Wrt the ending, it was crazy and ridiculous and honestly I liked the twist. I like ambiguity and having something to think about, so being left not knowing how much of what Tsumugi said was true actually suited me just fine (and also I felt like the game show premise kinda justified some fairly hammy things like YOU'RE SO RELIABLE SHUICHI which I thought was weird at the time kinda made more sense).

But moreso I like the fact that it actually felt like a victory. Naegi just said a few words and then HOPE SAVES THE DAY. Hajime admittedly went through some inner turmoil to find his resolve, but he didn't really find a solution, it just kind of happened (and I think I liked Danganronpa 2's ending more without Danganronpa 3 ever happening). Meanwhile, V3's death toll is the highest in the series (3 survivors lets gooooo), but after hearing constantly that ONLY TWO STUDENTS WILL SURVIVE, managing to get just one more student out alive is a massive fuck you to Tsumugi, and I think it really hammered home the message of "you can't end a killing game with more killing" with the abstain ending. It's an exhausting experience, but managing to barely snatch a victory from a seemingly impossible situation that was horribly rigged against them really sold V3's ending for me. I get why the fanbase is divided on it, but I loved it.