SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

On 12/09/2018 at 2:46 AM, sylveonzoroark said:

400. What makes the perfect ally?
401. Do you think you’re good at reading people?
402. In what circumstances would you throw the game?
403. Is there any legal role that you think should be banned?
404. Is there any illegal role that you think should be unbanned?
405. Do you like the new or old meta more?
406. Have you ever played mafia irl?
407. What aliases do you tend to rand?
408. Your hardest ally is tied to one train track and five less-hard/soft allies to the other. Choo choo motherfucker, a train is coming for your hard ally. Do you push the lever to direct the train to your five softs or do you let it run over your hard ally?
409. Do you have a flowchart for EiMM?

400) Will never stab you, will stab others if necessary. Can work independently or work closely with you depending on the gamestate, doesn't throw.

401) To an extent, but idk how accurate my first impressions are. I'm good at reading them over time I think.

402) If my throwing would save someone who had been hard carrying me and they would otherwise have lost (and only if it's like, 100% that it would work out this way) and maybe not even then because you don't wanna have a rep as a game thrower imo.

403) Reflexive Rolecop isn't broken, but it's really stupid. It's info that you don't have to work with that tells you who is shooting at you, breaks fakeclaims and has annoying interactions with other roles and the only counter is like... shooting it all at once (you'll never inspect it ahead of time without being found yourself) or being a Ninja. It's a lame role.

404) Nah, they're all there for good reason.

405) I actually win now, so new meta. Heh.

406) Nah. I've played some similar stuff (Avalon) but never

407) Gut feelings > Bad memes > Things that look like they were supposed to blend in. 

408) I go all in with my hard allies if I think they trust me in the same way, so RIP softs.

409) I don't. I'll make one after All Stars 2 if you remind me.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/09/2018 at 2:46 AM, sylveonzoroark said:

410. How would you define a power player?
411. What would your irl flip video be?
412. What would your irl death flavor be?
413. What’s your opinion on my EiMM playstyle?
414. Your impressions of Jaburu’s spreadsheet for Smash?
415. If Refa were dead, which SF mafia player would you marry?
416. Would you play epicmafia with us again??
417. How likely is it that Jaburu would get n1’d/namekilled if we all played in the same game again?

410) Power player is a meme.

In the EUKLYD INTENDED STAGE, I count a power player as someone who makes moves to influence the gamestate in a way that's beneficial to them (rather than going with the flow). That being said, a huge part of playing well is knowing when not to do anything and watching everyone else kill themselves.

411) Be Somewhere.

412) Preferably it would be dying of old age!

413) I'm pretty sure that you know your shit wrt target selection and are good at working within alliances and making sure that that things stay on track (like a logic board for your alliance I guess). I think outside of your alliance stuff you're generally more willing to let people come to you wrt talking to others, which is a good thing as far as staying out of danger goes, but it can leave you kinda on the outskirts of things at times wrt people being willing to shoot you (especially if they want to work with your allies). 

414) Jaburu spreadsheets are the most fun sheets to view + generally have more detail than most sheets that I see. I liked it + seeing all of the fun extra stuff every night is kinda refreshing (and was pretty much the only sheet I kept track of outside of the modsheet tbh because there were so many sheets circulating).

415) Probably Brooke?

416) If it's a time that I'm awake for lol. Tbh I'm not huge on EM overall but I'll play with friends if it's up.

417) Idk about being N1'd but you'd probably have a rep in standard EiMM gametypes (maybe not so much Brady games) 

Edited by SB.

On 12/09/2018 at 5:36 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

418. You’ll still count my q’s if other people repeated them after I posted right 1PsGclL.png you don't have to answer them again
419. What was the last thing you ate?
420. What was the last thing you drank?
421. What was the last alcoholic beverage you had?
422. Any opinions on Kafka?
423. What do you look for when you’re reading a new book? (like tone, world-building, character development, prose, etc.?)
424. What would you recommend to me based on what little you know of me?
425. How do you deal with anger/frustration/feelings of helplessness?
426. Are you the type to say “I told you so”?
427. What do you regret buying the most?
428. What is the best purchase you ever made?
429. Think of an unethical experiment that would positively impact the world.

418) It's the thought that counts! And I've probably lost track by this point anyway. 

419) This question reminded me to go eat lunch! Thanks for the chicken sandwich Sylv!

420) I had a glass of apple juice this morning.

421) A mango cider I think? There were a lot of drinks :overlordeyes:

422) If you mean the novelist, I haven't read of his stuff iirc. If you don't... tbh I'm still probably lost here.

423) Interesting premise and characters that I find interesting (whether it's concept or through their development).

424) I read a book called Alice by Christina Henry a few months ago. It's a corruption of Alice in Wonderland I guess, in that it puts a (much) darker spin on things and it's similarly eerie and discomforting to the stuff you linked me the other day (in a way that still makes you want to keep reading, of course).

425) Anger: let it stew until it burns out or I have a chance to be on my own, Frustration is mostly the same, Helplessness generally makes me go really introspective until I find an answer to whatever was upsetting me. Sometimes I'll vent to friends with these (all three of them) but not always.

426) I don't because it generally doesn't make it better, but sometimes I'll think it. I'll joke about it sometimes if it's nothing serious though.

427) I have a big stack of books that I haven't read yet and now they're sitting on my desk and take up space because I'm out of bookcase space (again). Oops.

428) I can't imagine living without my Uni laptop tbh.

429) Testing Cancer treatment on animals (or just medical testing in general).

Edited by SB.

On 12/09/2018 at 6:12 PM, sylveonzoroark said:

430. Apple or Android?
431. If you could make one non-human species speak English, which would you choose?
432. What is the funniest word iyo?
433. What’s the worst word?
434. What common word do you struggle to say?
435. Are you religious?
436. What religion would you like to know more about?
437. What infamous experiment do you find most interesting?
438. What is one question you would like to ask the opposite sex but are too afraid to?
439. If you became the opposite sex for a day how would you spend that day?
440. What’s the worst thing you’ve eaten out of politeness?

430) Apple. I like their interface and I absolutely hate Android's, it feels clunkier and I have no real reason to try it again (aside from cost maybe) so I'll stick with Apple for now.

431) Dogs or cats (household pets in general). If animals talked, I'd really hope for them to be like the animals in 3gatsu because they're adorable ;-;

432) Doofus? Asscabbage is not really a word but it's a classic that I should bring back one of these days.

433) I cringe every time I hear epic or gucci tbh. XD also falls under this but that's not a word, just a mistake.

434) I had speech therapy sessions when I was younger (I couldn't really say s/sh/ch sounds) but there's nothing that really comes to mind now, so if there isn't anything it's probably not that common!

435) I'm agnostic. I don't really trust that a god exists (or is still around if he did exist) but I guess I could see it just because idk why we're here. I think trusting a god to solve my problems would just make me get really lazy and complacent though, and it kinda takes away from the idea that we control our own destinies so I don't like it.

436) I'm not curious about any of them in particular. I think the stories that shape religions are interesting because even if I don't agree with them, it doesn't mean that all the values in the parables and stuff will be wrong, but wrt religions themselves I mostly just want to know enough to avoid offending people accidentally.

437) A few come to mind, but there's nothing that super wows me. I think space travel is pretty cool, but I don't know if that would count or not.

438) When do you like being pursued by guys and when does it become uncomfortable? As a general thing this is something I'm curious about bc I tend to be very cautious wrt showing affection to someone I'm crushing on because I don't wanna make it weird/uncomfortable.

439) I'm not sure what I'd do (I think if I did anything too girly I'd feel really kinda wrong) but it'd be interesting to see how people treat me differently I guess. I pretended to be a girl for an offsite game to hide the fact that I'd joined from other SFers and got immediately white knighted by someone in PMs (it wasn't an SFer but imagine if it was LOL) which was kind of a crazy experience and it was pretty offputting, so I'm kinda curious as to how much that gets felt irl I guess (if that makes any sense).

440) Tbh if it's something I really don't like I just tend to involuntarily gag after one or two bites, so nothing really sticks out here.

441. Do you tend to display your emotions freely or keep them inside?
442. What’s your opinion on clickbait?
443. What brand are you most loyal to?
444. What’s the worst case of FAKE NEWS you’ve seen?
445. What’s the most irritating noise?
446. What style of eyebrows do you prefer? (on men and women)
447. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen a kid do?
448. Have you ever gotten into trouble with the law?
449. If you were participating in the Milgram experiment (teacher shocking a student actor under the instruction of an authority figure) as a the teacher, what do you think you would have done?
450. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Who?

441) I think it's easy to tell my general mood irl based on body language and stuff, but not the specifics. I'm generally open with how I'm feeling unless I feel like it'll bring others down for no reason or its something I'm insecure about, where I'll stay quiet about it.

442) It immediately turns me away from things I'd otherwise enjoy just as an instant reaction (and then I go and ask myself if I actually wanted to look at it anyway after I guess). I understand why it's used, but it's really obnoxious.

443) As I said earlier, probaly Apple (and Windows I guess in terms of operating systems). I'm mostly just loyal to things that are more convenient and I don't really feel a big attachment towards most brands of anything.

444) I don't think it quite qualifies but Brexit was bullshit because nobody knew what was going to happen (and afaik we still don't). Woo!

445) Most Windows sounds are awful tbh so I muted almost everything.

446) Uh, smooth ones? I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THIS ONE.

447) Listen!

448) Nah, I wasn't a crazy kid and I'm not (that) stupid now.

449) Idk if I could have done it because it seems really fucked up. It's an interesting read, but yikes.

450) I had a... suspicious amount of Awakening runs where I ended up marrying Anna (or picking her in Drafts), but I think that's the closest thing. I've had characters that I've thought were cute or whatever (Anna and Rise from P4 come to mind) but idt I've ever really had a crush on one beyond that.

451. Would you smooch a ghost?
452. What’s the most important appointment or deadline you’ve missed?
453. What escalated very quickly?
454. Would you say that you are ambitious?
455. What should be illegal where you live?
456. What should be legal?
457. Have you ever borrowed something and never given it back?
458. What’s the weirdest conversation you’ve ever unintentionally overheard and or eavesdropped on?
459. Do you believe in the greater good?
460. Tell me a horror story you experienced irl.

451) It depends how it would feel (how do you even do it) and if they're cute I guess :thinking:

452) I don't remember outright missing an important one but 30 minutes late to an exam was probs pretty bad.

453) 50% of the EiMM games I've played.

454) Within the things I try to do yes, but not overall.

455) There should probs be stricter laws wrt data protection and stuff like that, not sure on specifics or anything rn though.

456) Idk, there isn't anything big that I look at and say "man this is dumb" that actually needs changing.

457) I borrowed Path of Radiance off of my Dad's friend like >5 years ago or something now probably and still haven't given it back. Oops.

458) Two girls talking about their sex lives VERY LOUDLY while I was sitting down and trying to do revision probably. I don't think they particularly cared bc there were other people vaguely around too (so they had to have 

459) Somewhat reluctantly, yes. It depends on the extent of what you have to give up though (technically by getting a job you deny other people who were going for

460) Mafia Game of Champions wait shit irl uh... tbh I can't think of anything that wasn't an injoke amongst irl friends that probably wouldn't be funny if I told it here. RIP.

Swag.

Hit me with whatever y'all got. I may skip a few questions but I'll answer a lot. A couple of talking points:

- Did a few years in the Marine Corps.

- I spend my free time at the gym, practicing guitar, riding my motorcycle, and shitposting in mafia or on discord.

- I have a lot of swag. An inordinate amount, really. You know how after Einstein died, and they removed his brain and had scientists study it to understand it? They're going to do that with me and my swag, though it's inseperable from my being and the essence of who I am.

Edited by Omega.

1. first and current impressions of me?

2. how would you objectively describe yourself to someone who’s never met you?

3. are you more comfortable in dm’s or group chats? why?

4. what are the origins behind your username(s), and which one do you identify with most?

5. any expectations for your interview?

6. how long have you been playing guitar? do you play any other instruments/have an interest in learning to play any other instruments?

7. how did you amass so much swag?

8. do you have any interest in fashion?

9. what introduced you to mafia? what do you enjoy most about it?

10. what are your favourite colours? pictures would be nice if possible

hi homedog

1 // first / current impressions of me?

2 // first / current impressions of the nickname homedog?

3 // what does it take for someone to have swag?

4 // iyo who has the most and least amount of swag in jaburu?

5 // if I want to be better friends with you, how could I do it?

1. The most physically attractive man/woman in the world is your lover. However, they have no personality and you must choose one SFers personality to implant into the husk (had to choose an appealing word there) to bring it to life so y'all can start your life together. Remember you live with this person, confide in them, and spend a great amount of time with them. Who do you choose and why?

2. If Kim, Kitty, and Sylv were hanging off a cliff without the power to lift themselves up, and you only had time to pull one up before the rest fell, but you still DEFINITELY had time to evaluate who you were consciously going to pull up, who would you rescue?

3. If you could go back and advise yourself/give some piece of knowledge to your past self that he'd take to heart, what would it be?

4. If you had the time, energy, and resources to pursue 3 hobbies, what would they be and why?

5. If you had to have sex with 5 pogeymans, which ones would you choose?

1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile picture, and why did you choose it?
  5. Will you be lifting the question limit?

Also YOLO if you don't mind I'm going to use your interview time to finally finish the rest of these questions.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:45 PM, Kinumi said:

481. what is your personal definition of love?

482. what’s your desktop wallpaper?

483. what has to be experienced in person to really appreciate?

484. if you were an actor, what kind of roles do you think you would excel in?

485. have you had any paranormal experiences? what were they?

486. what would you like to be the best in the world at?

487. what was the last major goal you accomplished?

488. if you could add one rule that everyone must follow when they use the internet, what would it be?

489. is there anything you want to try out but have avoided because of the people associated with it?

490. what's a common piece of advice/saying that you disagree with?

481. Depends on which type of love we’re talking about. There’s the (unconditional?) love you might have between family members, there’s the platonic love you can get between close friends, there’s romantic love which I don’t know how to define other than a combination of chemistry and security. I guess my generalized definition of love would be a close, affectionate bond that involves some element of self-sacrifice. Actually I’m just going to be lazy and defer to the color wheel theory of love here - I just took a random online test and it put me as Primary storge and Secondary tied for mania/agape/pragma.

482. I used to be picky with my wallpapers but then I realized that I never see my wallpaper 99% of the time, so now I just use one of the default ones which is this one (not my actual desktop, which is almost completely covered with shortcuts)

xMhR_GmAZtvHYtx0E3hufi6QJ8E9UBUF_1m1t1FJKWHBvhnT6YvYBfVf4S1WCN6xPfllw2s1xZ-s1mWjJ8mCHg3Ej8NXBQPYbgcbkzCQuTeu8m1fukDRKyLLbL8UsB3D7213iN1V

483. A live concert, or a conversation with a good friend.

484. I’d probably fit best as a character actor like Steve Buscemi, playing side characters like the lazy student or the random guy on the bus.

485. Can’t say I have.

486. Expressing ideas or inducing emotions/feelings in other people. I want to write the ultimate tearjerker; I want grown men bursting into tears on the subway while reading my books. I want to create something so impactful/inspirational that people either get an afterglow for days after finishing or the feeling that they have just lost a close friend.

487. Finishing my thesis and graduating uni, probably.

488. Respect boundaries.

489. Nothing that comes to mind right now - if I really want to do something, I don’t really care about other people associated with it. They’re them and I’m me.

490. “Live each day as if it's your last” - rushing into things will sometimes make them worse, and planning for the long term is necessary! That said, I like this take on that saying better:

Spoiler

dfbr8.jpg

sup boyo

1. Favorite SWF moments?
2. Favorite SWF players?
3. What defines good play/bad play in your opinion? both alignments
4. What makes mafia so addicting? I've seen you quit like 5 times and yet you're still here lmao
5. What's the absolute garbage fire play you've seen/experienced in Mafia?
--
6. What's the un-swaggiest thing you can think of?
7. How do you define someone who does/doesn't have swag
8. What's your philosophy on life outside of swag
9. I asked you this before probably but you used to be mad into hip-hop and now you're more of a rocker type of dude. Any hip-hop you still like or impressed by?
10. Is it true Gorf is actually Donald Trump?
11. Can girls have swag? Is that swag defining of appeal? (note: I do not disrespect women or undermine them in any connotation, rather I used 'swag' as a modifier of the sentence pertaining to what you look for in girls uhh uhhh i voted for hillary???)

Edited by weinerboy

assume all of my mafia questions refer to eimm unless stated otherwise 398867239895433226.png?v=1

11. first and current impressions of eimm?

12. what advice would you offer the general playerbase?

13. what do you feel is a common mistake in eimm?

14. tips for reading gamestate?

15. how do you pronounce eimm?

16. if you were a compulsive self-loverizer, who would you use it on?

17. if you were a compulsive loverizer, who would you use it on?

18. top 3 cutest eimm players iyo?

19. not sure how in-depth you can answer this (if at all) but you seem to have pretty good intuition so just in case—what are your impressions on jaburu’s playstyles? brutal honesty would be nice

20. what are signs that someone is snaking?