SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

How big are you on video games? What is your favorite genre? 

What do you think is weeb culture and what do you dislike about it? 

Would you watch more anime after our cool monster group watch? 

Whose play style in eimm do you appreciate the most? 

What's cool about motorcycling and how did you get into it? 

Do you like games like chess or is that not your style? 

What other intuitive games do you play? 

Swag?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. If you absolutely had to choose one, which 2hu would you fug?

7. If you could get into the mind of any one EIMM player to understand/learn from how they think about the game, who would you choose and why?

8. Same question but for mafia players about mafia.

9. Same question but for anyone about anything.

10. Who is cuter in your honest opinion, Kinumi or me? Serious answer only because it's important for various reasons.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:00 PM, Hawkwing said:
  1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile picture, and why did you choose it?
  5. Will you be lifting the question limit?

1. Super Smash Bros. I've been playing it since I was a kid starting with the 64 version and have played all the variants. In order I like Melee, Smash 4, 64, and Brawl. I have high hopes for Ultimate. I didn't play much competitively but I knew a few tech skills in Melee, and have high hopes for Ultimate. I'm not expecting another Melee and just want a fun game which I think it will be, 4 was fun as it is in my opinion.

2. They're cool. I don't follow them avidly but I can watch some and appreciate the skill involved and how 2 players have to constantly make reads on each other and adjust and execute whatever gameplan they've concocted for their character. Melee's my favorite to watch and I actually still watch some matches here and there. Beyond that another one I like to watch is Marvel vs. Capcom because it's flashy, and Tekken because there's a lot of spacing involved which I pick up on because of my affinity for Melee. I don't know if you've ever played Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, but that used to be one of my favorites growing up as well.

3. Rock for sure. I started picking up the guitar because of my love for Rock. I grew up listening to the Beatles via my dad which got me into it, and over the years as my ear/taste changed and developed I started listening to harder stuff. I like Pixies, Nirvana, A Place to Bury Strangers, Big Black, and plenty of others. I like high energy stuff I can listen to to get me pumped for whatever it is that's going on.

4. This one is of Yusuke, who's the main character of Yu Yu Hakusho. The show's about him becoming a kind of "spirit detective" which it uses as an excuse for him to fight monstrous demons in a showy kind of way. He forms a team over the course of the series and it's entertaining because the fights are well done and the main characters are likable. It's like a short and sweet version of Dragonball Z though I guess a little more "mature." The pic is him about to shoot his spirit gun, which is just an energy blast. I like the main character because he's got some spunk to him, fights people, is clever, etc.

5. Yep, this question made me want to!

On 9/18/2018 at 6:53 PM, SB. said:

If you're homedog, who's the alley cat?

(also am I cool to keep answering questions when I get around to that I ONLY HAVE 500 MORE TO GO)

1. I actually don't know who in Jaburu came up with the homedog nickname. That said, whoever did is definitely the alley cat, because this is all homesquad.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:12 PM, Kinumi said:

25. what makes something "cute" to you?

25. I'd say something along the lines of, "A willingness to display one's personality traits in a bold way, so long as that trait is appealing in my opinion." I could probably revise this definition for a more accurate one but this is a good rough draft. For example, when I go to visit my parents, one of my yorkies really tries to get my attention. He'll come over to me and besides that, he'll look at me a lot with his wide eyes in a 'Can you please pay attention to me?' kind of way. It's cute because he's showing a pure sweetness and vulnerability to me, so of course that makes me want to go pet him and play with him. 

On 9/18/2018 at 7:15 PM, Koneko said:

6 // If you had a heads up display that showed three stats about any person you looked at, what three stats would you want it to show?

7 // Fondest childhood memory?

8 // What types of voices do you like listening to?

9 // What would you consider to be your biggest strengths? Your biggest weaknesses? 

10 // What are your favorite male and female names respectively (list top 3 for each probably)?

6. Ooh, this is a good one. Hm. One would be an honesty/deceit stat. So it would tell you if they're hiding something about a certain subject in the context of the conversation. A second would be an attraction scale with a hard number being shown and processing when they're talking to someone directly or talking about them, that would have practical use as well as be EXTREMELY amusing. Imagine a girl being out with her boyfriend and you see an 8 above her head as they talk, but when they're walking out the movie theater and he mentions Bradley Cooper it shoots up to a 10. LMFAO! A third would be....hm. A compatibility stat. So in terms of a personality that can mesh well with yours as in, "Is this person worth befriending? Can I trust them with sensitive information? Are they loyal?" kind of thing.

7. Flying a kite with my father. There's a park near my house my parents used to take me to with swings, a merry-go-round, jungle gym, etc. So that was always a fun time for me as a kid but also had a personal touch to it because I would go with my parents. Anyways, the kite was fun because I got to run around with my dad which was just the best thing. I actually bought a kite last year with the intent on going with him again. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

8. Oh man, all kinds. Unique ones. My favorite singer is probably Kurt Cobain; his voice sounds like a shotgun sometimes which I like. Actually 2Pac has the same thing and that dude's my favorite rapper. So basically, forceful/strong voices when it comes to music. But I like other stuff too, like John Lennon's voice when he sings even though he can go at a higher pitch. Sometimes a soft-spoken voice that's relaxing is nice to listen to as well depending on the context.

9. My biggest strengths are probably my intelligence and ability to think quickly which helps me come up with ideas/solutions quickly in a small amount of time. Another would be dedication to a cause if I find something I enjoy doing. For example, I am forcing myself to the gym tonight despite being tired because I'm thinking of the benefits of going over my own tiredness. A third would be decisiveness. I like making decisions and/or taking risks, seeing how they pan out, adjust, etc. I like to get shit done. Another would be that I'm energetic which is good for accomplishing things and in social situations.

Weaknesses. One would be that I can be impatient. I tend to move quickly and if I sense someone is "slowing me down" in some kind of way, I might just go do whatever it is on my own. Another weakness would be that since I tend to be very logical, I risk insensitivity in certain situations because I'm more prone to doing things in a logical way than in an emotional way. And then, stubbornness can be another one at times, though I try to stay on top of that in real life. But yeah if you've played any form of mafia with me, you've probably seen my stubbornness come out.

10. Male: George, John, James, Vincent, Alejandro are all good names. 
Female: Catia (pronounced Cott-tchuh, it's Russian), Caitlyn, Ivana, Juliet, Gabrielle. 

I think a lot of names can grow on you just from knowing a person. So if I met someone named Alexandra and I enjoyed her character, that might go on the list for example. But yeah, am cool with those names I listed.

Edited by Omega.

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

Since Manix was mafia and Via/Mancer were town, DING DING DING~!

Next question: Which role did you use your BBM Level Reading Skills on, and how badly did you misread it?

IDNSFMM5, I was a delayed self-watcher who subbed in for Marth. Marth had mentioned an aspect of the role (forget which exactly) when he claimed before me, so when I went to claim I omitted a piece just from skimming over the role PM or forgetting, so I think that might've caught me some flak at one point. If I had to estimate, the misread was probably an 8/10 on the :BBM: scale.

17 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

1. How big are you on video games? What is your favorite genre? 

2. What do you think is weeb culture and what do you dislike about it? 

3. Would you watch more anime after our cool monster group watch? 

4. Whose play style in eimm do you appreciate the most? 

5. What's cool about motorcycling and how did you get into it? 

6. Do you like games like chess or is that not your style? 

7. What other intuitive games do you play? 

8. Swag?

1. A 5/10. I played them a lot growing up so have some appreciation for them and can still have fun with them here and there but I'm not a gamer or up to date on stuff. My favorite genre is platformers, stuff like the Mario games, Sonic, Yoshi's Island (one of my favorites as a kid), Psychonauts, etc. are all fun because they have an aspect of exploration with simple combat being involved. All those games I just named are really fun for me, kinda makes me want to play some.

2. Weeb culture is like, people saying shit you probably wouldn't say in real life but you say it because it's from a weeb show that you have a boner for. So when people start saying some phrase that's from their favorite anime, I cringe. That said, I don't dislike it as much as I might appear to, I do like to poke fun at it for memeing purposes.

3. Eh. Depends man. It'd have to be pretty good. If I could be convinced that it's good I might give it a shot, but probably not anyway. I do read One Piece every once in a while and I'm up to date on that, same with Berserk, so there's that.

4. manti. He goes along with my plans without any inquiring as to why which is what I really love and want out of people at the end of the day. I literally have just told him who to shoot and who to use his action(s) on and he's always just like "K" and that's as good as it gets. Makaze would be the second because I appreciate the great amount of effort he puts into pushing the gamestate into a mold that he wants and the legwork he puts into making it happen. We also bounced off of each other well and he's great to make plans with; his reads are also very good, probably my all-time favorite ally in EIMM. Third would be Blitz because while I haven't seen him play, he's told me of some idea and strategies he's done and considered; it honestly impressed me.

5. I got into it last summer because I had just gone through a personal difficulty, and thought taking up a new skill/hobby would be a good way to spend my time and energy in an effort to heal and move forward with my life. There's a feeling of freedom and relaxation that comes with riding. Then there's an adrenaline factor at times like when you're on the highway and you're shifting lanes or making turns where you're leaning into a certain side to make the best turn that you can make. So yeah man definitely the freedom factor, I feel so loose and free on the road, I love riding on quiet backroads where I can just relax and enjoy the wind blowing through my helmet. It's fuckin awesome.

6. I love chess, I have so much respect for people who play it and play it well. Strategy games are cool. I love how when I play chess, I feel my brain kick into overdrive and can just feel myself switching into a mode of great focus. Chess is the shit, great game, has a lot of health benefits to it as well.

7. Outside of mafia variants and an occasional game of chess that's about it boyo. I'd be down to try some if something caught my eye though.

8. Swag.

11 // Would you mind recommending some of your favorite artists / songs overall? You have a unique music taste I like but I'm not sure where to start so any recommendations would be great :relieved:

12 // What’s the weirdest text or email you ever received?

13 // What would you define as “home”?

14 // If you had to lose one of your five senses, what would it be and why?

15 // What is something you’re embarrassingly bad at?

9 hours ago, Conqueror said:

6. If you absolutely had to choose one, which 2hu would you fug?

7. If you could get into the mind of any one EIMM player to understand/learn from how they think about the game, who would you choose and why?

8. Same question but for mafia players about mafia.

9. Same question but for anyone about anything.

10. Who is cuter in your honest opinion, Kinumi or me? Serious answer only because it's important for various reasons.

6. Kanako Yasaka. From my google search, she looks to be one of the more mature and voluptuous ones. The dress gives her a more feminine appearance which tends to go best with me. Beyond that, Byakuren Hijiri and Tei Inaba. I had to go to a cosplay search to restore my sanity after trying to make a decision here. Ugh, fuck this question. You've made the 0.0000000000000000000001% chance I'd ever have any interest in Touhou go to a full 0%.

7. Blitz. I've talked to him briefly about the game and he offered some interesting ideas that I hadn't thought of. Personally, I'd like to win one game, then the rest of the games I'd probably just play for fun and be satisfied with one win under my belt. I had way more fun wreaking havoc and having control in Swagfaze for those 2 or 3 phases than Smash where I played a "better" game in terms of surviving. So Blitz seems like a fun player who has high impact when he tries and a good amount of control which is something I would shoot for in future games if I ever win one. My favorite part of the game is killing people and being a dictator. 

8. Oh man. I'm going to go for a historic/different metas point of view here. Mafiascum Golden Age: Glork, BabyJesus, Thesp. SWF: Kataefi, Overswarm, Cello_Marl. POG: JMurder3, ShipItUp, Panther, Montecore. MU: Visorslash, Amrock, Shad. SF: Blitz, Prims, and......Makaze.

9. Kurt Cobain on how to sing and play guitar. Not like technically how to do it, but how to give both power in the context of a song which he did well and in a simple way.

10. Get a room to flirt.

9.Why is Kinumi so bad at asking questions?

10.Have you ever considered forming the Church of Swag? If you haven't, why not?

11.Have you played strategy games like civilization? If so, did you like them or not, and why?

12.How about games like GTA? What's your favorite part about it?

13.Do you remember the best date that you've been on? What was that like?

14.What are the best novels/philosophical reads that you've ever read?

1) What are your results for this?

2) Kitty refuses to take this test. As your future love interest, do you think her results will match with yours? How would that make you feel?

3) What is the easiest way to get you killed in an EiMM game?

4) What are some things you enjoy even though you feel like you really shouldn't?

5) If you had to have a harem of women, what personalities/body types would you need among them to satisfy all your needs?

6) What is your favourite question asked in the thread so far?

7) Who is your favourite question asker in this thread so far?

8) What kind of questions would you consider incriminating? List some examples.

9) Who is better at scumhunting, you or Conq? Why do you hold this opinion?

10) If someone had three heavenly virtues and three heavenly sins, which ones would you pick and why? Which Discordian does this person most remind you of?

28. Your soul has been ripped from its swagful body; however, your swagful essence has maintained its shape. If you had to be implanted into the husk of an existing person (appearance/voice/etc become yours) to continue living, who would you choose and why?

11) J Jonah Jameson of Spider-Man fame has put out a bounty for incriminating photos of Spider-Man for a non-descript large sum of money (a convincing amount, upwards of $1k if that is convincing to u) You have come into possession of one such incriminating photo of Peter Parker as Spider-Man, however it's him butt-ass naked and the picture is him getting into costume with his diddly doo ding dongerino flapping about also he's shooting a web so it's definitely Spider-Man. Do you submit the photo knowing that you're also submitting the knowledge that you've seen his skin flute? If yes, do you have an excuse?

16 // Who were your role models when growing up and how did they make an impact on your life?

17 // Congrats you got a genie! What three wishes you would ask for and why would it be those three questions?

18 // What are your top three board games and why?

19 // What is your favorite film of all time and what makes it stand out from the rest?

20 // If you lived in a virtual reality world of your own creation, what would it look like?

Edited by Koneko
someone already asked a question whoops

3 hours ago, Koneko said:

11 // Would you mind recommending some of your favorite artists / songs overall? You have a unique music taste I like but I'm not sure where to start so any recommendations would be great :relieved:

12 // What’s the weirdest text or email you ever received?

13 // What would you define as “home”?

14 // If you had to lose one of your five senses, what would it be and why?

15 // What is something you’re embarrassingly bad at?

11. Artists: Pixies, The Beatles, Nirvana, Big Black. But here, I'll give you a shortlist of 10 or so songs that you may dig with a brief description of why I like them.

Highway Tune - Greta Van Fleet: This song kicks a lot of ass, which I always enjoy. That said, the lyrics are nice and this just has an energy to it which I like. I sometimes play it in the morning when I wake up while I'm getting for school and on the drive there, kinda helps me get ready to put my energy towards something.

Bird Dream of the Olympus Mons - Pixies: This song has a buildup to it that I think is rare to be so well done. I like the passion of the lead singer's singing in the chorus. It has a triumphant feeling to it that's palpable and I just get a feeling of satisfaction from listening to it.

Last Nite - The Strokes: This song has a nice mixture of upbeat energy, catchiness, while still maintaining a nice rock-y feel to it through the singer's crooner voice and rhythmic guitar work. The singer also has passion behind his singing which is something I always like; it gives the track some personality and identity.

Electricity - The Avalanches: This has a nice rhythm to it. But mostly what I love about the track is the chorus of female singers at the beginning and end of the track. It's kind of angelic sounding and I find the voices beautiful, like they're leading you somewhere. That said still a nice track from start to finish, makes you want to move.

Come As You Are (Happy Version) - Nirvana: I love the sentiments behind the actual lyric of "Come, as you are, as a friend." Very poetic. I also like how upbeat the song is; there's just a feel good vibe to it that I like and it has a happy feel to it.

Heaven Ain't Hard 2 Find - 2Pac: Great flow, nice beat, and it has fun, playful, sexy lyrics. Just an awesome song that I always like listening to.

Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Very dramatic song with a nice buildup and flow throughout. I love the passion behind her lyrics and singing. Instrumentation is good and the song has some punch for a love song. So yeah, very good.

Want U 2 Want Me - Q-Tip + Kendrick Lamar: An unreleased song. That said, this is one of the funkiest songs to come out in the last few beats. It just makes you want to dance and move, the lyrics are good too, full package.

How Soon is Now? - The Smiths: Great instrumentation, great lyrics, a song you can just enjoy and kind of get lost in. Beautiful singing, one of my favorite songs.

The Beatles - Julia: This is one of the purest and most heartfelt songs I've ever heard. Songs like this made me pick up the guitar and keep my interest in improving in it.

12. It's too explicit to post publicly.

13. A place you've built your life at and has significant meaning to you. I'm not with my parents, but that will always be home for me because I have many good memories from being raised there. Every time I go to visit, I feel comfortable and just relaxed. It has an air to it that's irreplaceable. So home is a place where you've built a portion of your life, hopefully towards a good place.

14. My sense of smell. I like touch. Sight I cannot go without; I like to know where I'm going and what's around me. Hearing I need for listening to others and music. Taste I value as well. When something tastes good, it's awesome. Smell I'm not happy to live without but it's the least of all the evils.

15. Interpretive dancing. Why? Because I've never done it, so I'm sure if I did, I'd be pretty damn terrible at it.