SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34. what do you think about your own voice?

35. how often do you sing? when's the last time you've sung to others?

36. what are your favourite/least favourite things about where you live?

37. what's something people often misunderstand about you?

38. what do you do when you lack motivation?

39. what do you do when you can't seem to sleep?

Thanks for helping my sister, she won the swag off thanks to you bless

22 // If you had to cook a full course meal for someone, what would be your specialty go-to dishes to make?

23 // What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless?

24 // What’s a common experience for many people that you’ve never experienced?

25 // What was the most memorable gift you've ever received?

26 // If you had a get out jail free card, what crime would you want to commit for the experience?

27 // What is something you wished people knew about you but didn’t?

28 // How long does it take for you to trust in someone usually?

29 // If you could live in the universe of any novel, tv show, or film, what would it be and why?

30 // Are there certain songs you listen to based on your mood? If so, what songs do you tend to listen to depending on those moods?

11) Ever read Jack Dempsey's Championship Fighting? It's got my seal of approval.

12) Do you believe in fatalism?

13) Got any low-budget recipes?

14) Favorite fight scene in any media? Makaze vs. Life doesn't count.

15) Roast any idealogy in three paragraphs or less.

16) [Redacted], check your DMs

17) What's something you'd consider worth dying for?

18) You into games like poker?

19) You've been granted immortality by some shady god. Unfortunately, Claire's hyper-intelligent hitman is also immortal. If he touches you, you'll die. The catch is that she was broke as fuck, so a golden retriever was the only hitman she could afford. What's your game plan?

20) Dare you to hit us with a swag track: https://vocaroo.com/

2 hours ago, Kinumi said:

34. what do you think about your own voice?

35. how often do you sing? when's the last time you've sung to others?

36. what are your favourite/least favourite things about where you live?

37. what's something people often misunderstand about you?

38. what do you do when you lack motivation?

39. what do you do when you can't seem to sleep?

34. I like it. I've been told it has a color to it that makes it unique.

35. I sing several times throughout the week. If I'm listenin to something and I'm feelin it, I'm letting it rip. The last time I sang to others was several years ago where my roommate and I hosted a karaoke party, was swagged out.

36. Favorite: how close I am to anything that someone would want. The city (Philly) and beaches are nearby. I'm by a highway that has a gym, grocedy stores, convenience stores, doctors, restaurant, etc. on it. It also has backroads I can ride on and chill on. As for my actual apartment, I have a spacious basement with nice wood flooring, my own bathroom, and a washer/dryer. It's convenient.

Least favorite: The apartment's old, so some of the amenities are worn down. Can be a pain in the ass to make u turns on the highway due to the locations of some of the places I need to stop by.

37. IRL: That I'm not sociable or don't care if I don't go out or haven't talked to someone in a while; that I am more aloof than I actually am. I just prefer to spend my time working on my hobbies and am naturally introverted (though the average person wouldn't notice, or even think I'm extroverted), but I have a "once homies, always homies" mantra. I'm always a phone call away and can go a long time without talking to people, but I will treat them with the same warmth we had at the onset of our friendship when we do reconnect.

Online: Mm. I sometimes come across as more serious/dismissive about things than I actually am just as a result of text not always coming across the way one intends. I am also much more flexible and approachable than I may appear to be. I say this because I sound absolute about things, but if someone comes to me one on one in private, I will hear you out and try to resolve whatever's going on 99/100 times. I don't think people realize how serious I am about that. Basically, "if something's going on, just talk to me." I'm extremely blunt, but I exercise kindness too.

38. I think of the results, and the factors that make something worth the time and energy I put into things. If I'm not feeling like going to the gym, I think of the health/physique benefits of going and remind myself it's only 1-2 hours of time. Same if I'm practicing guitar. It's worth it in the end, that's what I keep on my mind.

39. Drink a lot of water and make sure my stomach is full or has enough in it that it's not restless. Make sure I'm not too hot anywhere on my body too. These almost always do it for me.

5 hours ago, Koneko said:

Thanks for helping my sister, she won the swag off thanks to you bless

22 // If you had to cook a full course meal for someone, what would be your specialty go-to dishes to make?

23 // What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless?

24 // What’s a common experience for many people that you’ve never experienced?

25 // What was the most memorable gift you've ever received?

26 // If you had a get out jail free card, what crime would you want to commit for the experience?

Swag, thanks for implementing the idea.

22. Chicken, rice, pasta, broccoli.

23. Joan of Arc was burned at the stake and it's generally understood that she died of the flames. The reality is that she was on a raised platform tied to it above the crowd so she could be made an example out of. The smoke caused her to choke before the fire reached her; she was spared of the pain most people think she experienced.

24. Prom. I skipped it, didn't care for it.

25. A tickle me Elmo I received from my grandmother the first time I met her as a child. It's my dogs' playtoy (she knew as much and I'm sure amused by it while she was alive) now, but it's memorable because it was the gift that was given to me by her at the beginning of our relationship before she died.

26. Robbing a bank so I can make money off of it. I'll help Conq draft a plan and execute it, Kim will be our getaway driver, and you can be the lookout.

6 hours ago, Koneko said:

27 // What is something you wished people knew about you but didn’t?

28 // How long does it take for you to trust in someone usually?

29 // If you could live in the universe of any novel, tv show, or film, what would it be and why?

30 // Are there certain songs you listen to based on your mood? If so, what songs do you tend to listen to depending on those moods?

27. I value honesty greatly and can be trusted to open up to about damn near anything.

28. Weeks, months, years. For me it's more a process of "has this person repeatedly treated me well with loyalty and openness?" and the expediency of that is dependent on circumstances.

One of my best friends I met while I was in the service and we had similar views on how to outmaneuver our superiors so we could do things our way which we thought was more effective than theirs. That kind of situation built up trust between us quickly because frankly, we were doing risky shit that could have got us demoted if found out. Took weeks, a few months to build a solid baseline of trust. If I give someone sensitive information and they don't betray it, or they go out of their way for me in some form or fashion when they don't have to for no other reason than "they have my best interests in mind", they will gain my trust over time. That said once they have it I'm ride or die, I love honoring my friendships and exercising loyalty.

29. The One Piece world. Lots of freedom and you can live a normal life. But me? I'd make a fleet of pirates called the Swag Pirates, and set out to become king and annihilate everybody in my way.

Weinerboy and Killthestory would be my second and third in commands, respectively. Iris would be our navigator, ensuring we were taking the proper routes while exploring the seas. Manti would be the crew's chef and chill on the ship. 

Makoto would be another leader of a pirate crew accompanied by his love and second in command, Zellie. He's out for world domination and is notorious for his high-profile adventures. Toren would be their third in command who branches out and does his own thing, with Dusk as the fourth. Toren and I often team up to destroy Claire in battle for fun.

Speaking of her, she also has a crew comprised of her, Sully, Shinori, and Mello. Sully routinely complicates other groups' plans, while Shinori is a great warrior.

Jaburu would be another crew, and you guys would have the biggest crew as pirates like Ice Sage, PKLucas, and the other dozens of people I'm sure you guys talk to would be helping out.

Conqueror would lead another with Shadoweh, Xinnidy, and someone I'm forgetting. 

Refa and Marth co-captain another crew, which has phoenix and Jedi to help them on their adventures. I have an active non-aggression pact with these guys.

And many more. EIMM meta lends itself well to this stuff, should be a game based on it.

30. When I wake up, I'll listen to something like River Euphrates by Pixies or Breed by Nirvana because they're high energy which I cultivate to tackle the day. I'll listen to more upbeat stuff if I'm in a good mood, but my mood tends to be pretty stable to the point I don't notice much variance.

8 hours ago, Daiya said:

11) Ever read Jack Dempsey's Championship Fighting? It's got my seal of approval.

12) Do you believe in fatalism?

13) Got any low-budget recipes?

14) Favorite fight scene in any media? Makaze vs. Life doesn't count.

15) Roast any idealogy in three paragraphs or less.

16) [Redacted], check your DMs

17) What's something you'd consider worth dying for?

18) You into games like poker?

19) You've been granted immortality by some shady god. Unfortunately, Claire's hyper-intelligent hitman is also immortal. If he touches you, you'll die. The catch is that she was broke as fuck, so a golden retriever was the only hitman she could afford. What's your game plan?

20) Dare you to hit us with a swag track: https://vocaroo.com/

11. I haven't, but I respect his and yours opinions, so I bet it's a good read.

12. I believe in free will but that our personalities and decision-making process sets us on a certain path.

13. You know what I eat? Eggs, bread (toast), broccoli, chicken, rice. Those are the staples I eat almost every day and I'm fine. Other things I have are beans, lentils, protein shakes, pasta, fish (salmon and tuna), milk, oatmeal, multi-grain cheerios, baked cheese curls, Nos energy drinks, and that's about it. I don't care much for variance; I just want to get food in me for energy/gains and go about my day.

14. Lol. Bardock vs. Frieza's entire army in Bardock: Father of Goku. Dude knew he stood no chance, but did it anyway out of principle and because he refused to let Frieza destroy everything he loved without resistance. Second would be the OG Goku vs. Vegeta fight in DBZ, because it was epic and evenly matched. Third, the YYH fights from the tournament saga, though that show is filled to the brim with badass fights start to finish. Fourth, Lunge vs. Roberto in Monster because that's the best depiction of a life-or-death fight I've ever seen because it captures that desperation of "one of us is about to fucking die, and I'm digging deep to give this my all for my life" that I haven't seen matched.

15. I don't feel passionate enough against an ideology at the moment to rail against them extensively. If I disagree with Scientology, I'll say, "man, what fucking dumbasses", shake my head, and move about my life. Trump supporters who have stuck with him after this shitshow of an administration, smh. I take solace in knowing a comeuppance is coming his way, hopefully through the investigation or an overwhelming defeat in 2020.

16. Swag.

17. I'd consider if it was for the survival of a family member or a very close friend.

18. I understand poker has a lot of aspects to it that it shares with mafia, so it interests me but I haven't played much. Have considered it for the sake of making money.

19. Lmao. I be EXTREMELY selective with which households I enter and tell people I'm deathly allergic to them. 

20. I ask for your patience.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:25 PM, Refa said:

4) What are some things you enjoy even though you feel like you really shouldn't?

4) Oh you know what came to mind? No is one of my favorite words in the English language, it's top 5 for me. I love telling people no. Trying to sell me something that's of no use to me? Nope. Trying to get me to do something I don't want to do? No. You have some idea you're trying to get me into? No. I told you no already, but you're still insisting? NO! I love saying no in instances where it's preserving my peace. 

I also enjoy silence. I'm not really bothered by it or put off by it much in terms of social settings. I love peace and quiet, but there's a social obligation to fill in the gaps.

I don't think it's wrong to enjoy either of these but I probably enjoy them more than the average person because I place great value in them.

My apologies if these have been asked already.

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

III. Hot or cold?

IV. Do you know your Myers Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

V. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

VI. Fight or flight?

VII. Favorite season?

22 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

My apologies if these have been asked already.

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

III. Hot or cold?

IV. Do you know your Myers Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

V. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

VI. Fight or flight?

VII. Favorite season?

I. I don't have one, I skimmed them over just now and none really resonate with me.

II. Sins
Lust - as in, the desire for things can sometimes lend itself to excessive energy put towards its pursuit.
Laziness - self-explanatory.
Pride - less than I used to have, but some still there.

Virtues
Diligence - funny how I can have this and laziness. That said when I'm passionate about something, it gets done.
Temperance - self-control and discipline I can do.
Kindness - self-explanatory.

III. Hot. Cold I have to put on extra layers and I'm just miserable out there with the cold wind hitting my skin.

IV. ISTP. Source for the following: https://www.16personalities.com/istp-strengths-and-weaknesses

Strengths

• Spontaneous and Rational – Combining spontaneity with logic, ISTPs can switch mindsets to fit new situations with little effort, making them flexible and versatile individuals.
  • Know How to Prioritize – This flexibility comes with some unpredictability, but ISTP personalities are able to store their spontaneity for a rainy day, releasing their energy just when it’s needed most.
  • Relaxed – Through all this, ISTPs are able to stay quite relaxed. They live in the moment and go with the flow, refusing to worry too much about the future.

Weaknesses

• Private and Reserved – ISTP personalities are notoriously difficult to get to know. They are true introverts, keeping their personal matters to themselves, and often just prefer silence to small talk.
  • Dislike Commitment – Long-term commitments are particularly onerous for ISTPs. They prefer to take things day-by-day, and the feeling of being locked into something for a long time is downright oppressive. This can be a particular challenge in ISTPs’ romantic relationships.
  • Risky Behavior – This stubbornness, difficulty with others’ emotions, focus on the moment, and easy boredom can lead to unnecessary and unhelpful boundary-pushing, just for fun. ISTPs have been known to escalate conflict and danger just to see where it goes, something that can have disastrous consequences for everyone around if they lose control of the situation.

V. American Civil War because there are a lot of interesting tactics and it's a unique situation. Napoleonic Wars because of the dominance of its leader. Mythology, some Greek tragedies are of interest to me. I took a Greek mythology class 2 summers ago and got swept up in the story I read much more than I thought I would.

VI. Depends on the situation. In most, fight.

VII. Summer, I like the heat and I feel more energetic.

8 hours ago, Shadoweh said:

1.  If Luffy decided to retire on a tropical island which of the One Piece characters would you want the show to focus on as the new would-be King of the Pirates?

1. My first choice is Law, because it makes the most sense from a storytelling perspective. He's been developed well, he's had an impact on the story, he has his own set of motivations, he's quite clever, etc. He's just interesting. Someone like Shanks would be boring because it's just a successor to Roger.

My second choice would actually be Crocodile. The Alabasta arc is probably the best-written arc in the whole series; you can show someone it from start to finish without prior context of the story and it stands on its own. He was the most entertaining villain in an arc because of how clever he was there and he beat Luffy twice, which is a rarity. Doflamingo was probably the second best villain. Crocodile also chose Blackbeard as his successor to the Yonkou and he's clashed with Whitebeard and Doflamingo, so I've always enjoyed him even though I know him being the king wouldn't really make sense.

That's it for my interview, thanks for nominating me and asking me questions y'all, was lots of fun.