SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

Guessing people outside the mafia sphere probably don't know who I am so I'll do a quick intro.

I'm Ampharos (or Amy, if you're of a shortening mind). I'm 22 and live in the non-shitty part of Texas. I'm a big fan of forum games, video games, anime, and Magic: the Gathering. I have a film degree that's absolutely useless except for giving me the ability to show off pretentious knowledge about pointless bullshit.

I've been known to have a bad habit of oversharing so I'll probably answer ~most everything that gets asked. Of course, now that I've said that, I'm almost certain to get a question that tests those boundaries (hi Toren).

Ask me no questions and I shall tell you know lies. Ask me questions and I shall probably still tell you no lies. Probably.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. how would you objectively describe yourself to someone who has never met you

2. what is your favourite discord emote

3. first and current impressions of me

4. pls lift the question limit

1 minute ago, Kinumi said:

1. how would you objectively describe yourself to someone who has never met you

2. what is your favourite discord emote

3. first and current impressions of me

4. pls lift the question limit

1. gender confused idiot with a lame sense of humor and poor impulse control. tries their best.

2. meguface

3. wayyyy back in warriors eimm I thought of you as "generic kpop fan who might be good at this game" but i also only talked to like 4 people total that game so lolme. nowadays I've come to see you as an unstoppable force of positivity and cheer who is definitely good at this game

4. i didn't know there was a question limit but it's gone now

For those who don't know, Ampharos represented our forum in Season 5 of the Mafia Championship, which has over 170 communities participate every year! They did pretty well, making it to a Widcard Round. :tangerineglasses:

The most physically attractive man/woman in the world is your lover. However, they have no personality and you must choose one SFers personality to implant into the husk (had to pick an appealing word there) to bring it to life so y'all can start your life together. Remember you live with this person, confide in them, and spend a great amount of time with them. Who do you choose and why?

If Kim, Kitty, and Sylv were hanging off a cliff without the power to lift themselves up, and you only had time to pull one up before the rest fell, but you still DEFINITELY had time to evaluate who you were consciously going to pull up, who would you rescue and why would you let the others fall to their demise?

If you had the time and resources to take up 3 hobbies of your choice, which would you choose and why?

5 minutes ago, Omega. said:

The most physically attractive man/woman in the world is your lover. However, they have no personality and you must choose one SFers personality to implant into the husk (had to pick an appealing word there) to bring it to life so y'all can start your life together. Remember you live with this person, confide in them, and spend a great amount of time with them. Who do you choose and why?

If Kim, Kitty, and Sylv were hanging off a cliff without the power to lift themselves up, and you only had time to pull one up before the rest fell, but you still DEFINITELY had time to evaluate who you were consciously going to pull up, who would you rescue and why would you let the others fall to their demise?

If you had the time and resources to take up 3 hobbies of your choice, which would you choose and why?

-Anyone who provides an answer other than Refa is lying.

-Kim. Kitty's played ranked League of Legends so she's probably encountered far worse than a little cliff drop in the past, and Sylv would be fine because I'm sure Toren would be waiting at the bottom to catch her.

-Music is a big one - used to play guitar, have been extremely lazy with it as of late, have also been wanting to learn drums for ages. Coding in general and game design more specifically. And I've been wanting to write a webcomic with my girlfriend for ages but 

1. How come you decided to major in film studies?
2. First and current impressions of me?
3. How would you describe your sleep schedule?
4. What languages do you know and what languages would you like to learn?
5. What kind of questions do you want to be asked?

Eh fine, if all the cool kids (and by that I mean basically everyone) are doing it too:

First and current impressions of me?

Also, favourite anime? I know many that you enjoy, but I'm curious about your absolute favourite. 

294d13eb89.png

NUMBER OF WINS MEANS NOTHING NEXT TO WINRATE SO IM PRETTY SURE YOU WIN HERE

heh time to get lessons from a certified Power Player™

6. how did you get introduced to eimm?

7. how would you describe your playstyle?

8. what would be your ideal (reasonable) role?

9. tips for reading gamestate?

10. what kinds of aliases do you lean towards randing?

11. if you were a compulsive loverizer, who would you use it on?

12. if you were a compulsive self-loverizer, who would you use it on?

13. if you had a thunderdome, how would you use it?

14. under what circumstances would you throw a game, if any?

15. what are some ROOKIE MISTAKES you often see? what are some tips that you would give to the general playerbase?

15 minutes ago, dp101 said:

What would you consider to be the best thing in your life at the moment?

my girlfriend

12 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

1. How come you decided to major in film studies?
2. First and current impressions of me?
3. How would you describe your sleep schedule?
4. What languages do you know and what languages would you like to learn?
5. What kind of questions do you want to be asked?

1. Making videos/films/stuff of that nature has always been something I've been pseudo-interested in. Had a video camera as a kid, helped start a film club during high school. Of course the issue now is that film production jobs are a complete crapshoot and making stuff on my own has too high a barrier of entry pricewise so..........
2. first impression: see what i said about kim, lmao. nowadays i find you to be lowkey the snarkiest member of jaburu and someone i'd like to get to know better given that you're probably the one i've spoken to the least v_v
3. i would not
4. The only language I speak fluently is English. I took Spanish in high school and Japanese in college; only remember bits and pieces of Spanish and my Japanese is nowhere near usable. Would like to get back into learning Japanese specifically, not sure about anything beyond that as there's not really a need and learning languages is Hard
5. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good question. I know a lot of people don't like... Know me all that well so I'm willing to answer basically whatever

9 minutes ago, dp101 said:

Eh fine, if all the cool kids (and by that I mean basically everyone) are doing it too:

First and current impressions of me?

Also, favourite anime? I know many that you enjoy, but I'm curious about your absolute favourite. 

-I don't really remember my first impression of you, if we're being honest. It's possible you didn't really leave much of one beyond "person playing mafia", which is what I tend to file a lot of people under. Nowadays I know you to be a really genuine person who's probably a bit too hard on themselves and could stand to look at things a bit more optimistically at times.

-Tossup between JoJo, Kill la Kill, and FMA: Brotherhood. I never claimed to be a hipster.

4 minutes ago, Kinumi said:

294d13eb89.png

NUMBER OF WINS MEANS NOTHING NEXT TO WINRATE SO IM PRETTY SURE YOU WIN HERE

heh time to get lessons from a certified Power Player™

6. how did you get introduced to eimm?

7. how would you describe your playstyle?

8. what would be your ideal (reasonable) role?

9. tips for reading gamestate?

10. what kinds of aliases do you lean towards randing?

6. Paperblade invited me to play Warriors and it was all downhill from there

7. I try to change my playstyle every game, to some degree - I find that being predictable is the worst trap one can fall into (assuming people know how to take advantage of it). There are certain... tendencies that I have, but I'd sort of rather not disclose those lol. More generically I usually try to at least talk to as many people as I can, even if nothing comes of it.

8. I don't like rolling valuable roles. My ideal role is something that I'd feel comfortable role trading, so that I can use it primarily as a bargaining chip and also so that I don't have to live in constant fear of being killed over it. Barring that, I like offensive/control-type roles that allow me to pull kills out of my ass and catch people off guard.

9. Talk to everyone, shot trade as much as possible, figure out who wants to do what. If there are multiple people tending towards the same thing, there's probably something going on there. Knowing who's friends with who outside of the game also goes a long way (cough jaburu cough).

10. Like, randshooting? If it's a game I'm actually putting effort into, I tend to either rand aliases that nobody's talking about, or I'll shoot alongside someone in a manner that I think will be strategically advantageous. If I don't really care that much I'll just arbitrarily pick an alias that looks annoying and cap it.

16. what’s the best way to tell whether someone is snaking or not?

17. favourite eimm game you've played?

18. favourite eimm game you've hosted?

19. favourite alias(es) from all stars 2, if any?

20. where would you personally put yourself on the pure-wholesome-neutral-edgy-chuuni/adorable-cute-neutral-scary-terrifying alignment chart?

8 minutes ago, Kinumi said:

11. if you were a compulsive loverizer, who would you use it on?

12. if you were a compulsive self-loverizer, who would you use it on?

13. if you had a thunderdome, how would you use it?

14. under what circumstances would you throw a game, if any?

15. what are some ROOKIE MISTAKES you often see? what are some tips that you would give to the general playerbase?

11. Zeo and someone that nobody ever shoots that I'd really like dead.

12. Refa, unless it's lategame.

13. I absolutely would not use it unless I knew my target would die before I would. Beyond that I think it's entirely gamestate dependent and there's probably no blanket "best" play with the role. If it works like the one I designed for AS2, it should probably be used earlier than later in order to take advantage of the outside-damage-mitigation effect.

14. I would not. I don't always put in 100% effort, but I always play to win.

15. Y'all share way too much about what you know lmao. The greatest advantage you can create for yourself in this game is the gap between what people think you know and what you actually know. Always play dumb, within reason.

21. what makes something "cute" to you?

22. WHO ARE THE TOP 3 CUTEST EIMM PLAYERS IYO

23. based off of all-stars 2 alone, what are your impressions of my playstyle (if any)?

24. what could i have done better/differently?

25. what do you like most about hosting?

Oh, goody. A MtG player.

1. How long have you been playing?
  2. Who's your favorite artist/illustrator?
  3. Are the rule changes/errata/s more convoluted? (I guess this question is corollary to #1)
  4. Favorite card (green/white/black/red/blue/gold/colorless)? And reasons for each (can be art/ability/effect)?
  5. What other CCGs have you played?

Edited by Karimlan

6 minutes ago, Kinumi said:

16. what’s the best way to tell whether someone is snaking or not?

17. favourite eimm game you've played?

18. favourite eimm game you've hosted?

19. favourite alias(es) from all stars 2, if any?

20. where would you personally put yourself on the pure-wholesome-neutral-edgy-chuuni/adorable-cute-neutral-scary-terrifying alignment chart?

16. Build as large a network as possible, even if it's nothing beyond being friendly with a whole bunch of people. If someone really wants to kill you, they'll need help to do it. The more help they need, the higher the likelihood the info leaks.

17. Zeta. Candy Store was Problematic for the pregaming aspect, sure, but it's also the most fun I've ever had as part of an alliance, and it's probably the win that I feel I personally contributed the most to.

18. EIMMergency, solely because I think it's the most balanced EIMM I've ever designed.

19. sb's alias was fantastic. Claire's Hoodie Power was extremely relatable. :clap: EIMM! :clap: IS! :clap: ESPORTS! :clap: made me laugh out loud.

20. Neutral on the first axis, probably. Abstain on the second as my tone shifts wildly from moment-to-moment and I've found that I'm bad at judging others' perceptions of me on this front anyways.

7 minutes ago, Kinumi said:

21. what makes something "cute" to you?

22. WHO ARE THE TOP 3 CUTEST EIMM PLAYERS IYO

23. based off of all-stars 2 alone, what are your impressions of my playstyle (if any)?

24. what could i have done better/differently?

25. what do you like most about hosting?

21. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to put it into words. It's more of a feeling, really.

22. 3. Dp101
2. Jaburu as an entity
1. Zeonth

23. You didn't step outside of Jaburu ALL that much but p much everyone you did so with became an invaluable ally. You're really good at getting people to trust you and you've got a good head for gamestate even when your network isn't all that large.

24. I still think you should talk to more non-Jaburu people but like you won so

25. Twofold: creating roles like some deranged mad scientist and then sitting back and watching people crash those roles into each other

11 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Oh, goody. A MtG player.

1. How long have you been playing?
  2. Who's your favorite artist/illustrator?
  3. Are the rule changes/errata/s more convoluted? (I guess this question is corollary to #1)
  4. Favorite card (green/white/black/red/blue/gold/colorless)? And reasons for each (can be art/ability/effect)?
  5. What other CCGs have you played?

1. I was a late bloomer. Started around Theros, played kitchen table for a bit, fell out around Khans. Came back and started playing Standard around Shadows over Innistrad but wasn't super crazy into the game until I started playing Commander around Ixalan. Have been super obsessed ever since.
2. Can't say I've paid too much attention to artist names. Probably should - some of the art is absolutely incredible.
3. I'm not sure I understand the question.
4. Seedtime/Avacyn, Angel of Hope/Rise of the Dark Realms/Alesha, Who Smiles At Death/Laboratory Maniac/Kruphix, God of Horizons/Paradox Engine. Think I just hard outed myself as a commander player lmao
5. Used to dabble a bit in Yugioh but not to a serious degree. Got really into Hearthstone when Kobolds and Catacombs came out but stopped after I milked that for all it was worth and never really cared for other aspects of it. Does Slay the Spire count? Feel like it doesn't but I love Slay the Spire.