SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1) First/Current impressions? 

2) Why are you a TSM fan? This isn't flame, it's genuine curiosity.

3) Why Vi? Have you 1v1ed Kay to assert your dominance yet?

4) Most underrated EiMM player?

5) How do you deal with someone who is lying to you ingame when you're unsure of if they're actually a threat to you?

6) What do you think I should have done differently in AS2?

7) TWO FREEZERS or TWO COPS?

8) You are locked in a thunderdome with Zeonth, Makaze and Yolo. Nobody else can shoot at you, but the dome only breaks when two of you die. Which two of you make it out alive?

9) Best fakeclaim you've seen in an EiMM?

10) What is a highlight of SMOGON MAFIA that I probably don't know about?

11) fmk eimm noc oc

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alette said:

1. First and current impression of me?

2. Why do you like green cards in MtG?

3. Which do you prefer Cats or Dogs?

4. Favorite meme?

I somehow skipped these, oops.

1. First impression: "who is this weeb they seem nice". I know you want a non-meme answer to current impression so I'll resist the temptation: you're a super kind, genuine person who needs to slow down and think things through every so often.
2. I dislike playing punishing/staxy decks in non-competitive environments because I have fun when other people are having fun. At the same time, I also have fun when I win. Green allows me to fulfill both these requirements.
3. Dogs, narrowly. I keep trying to sell my girlfriend on getting a cat but she's not having it.
4. you uhh that's a super broad question but I will never not laugh at To Be Continued w/ Roundabout over random shit

4 minutes ago, Shinori said:

What do you truly feel my alignment is having played magic with me more than most other people?

Lawful evil, but would probably be Lawful Neutral if our playgroup wasn't as anti-combo as it is. The lawful part is non-negotiable.

5 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Impressions?

First: literal robot irl
Now: very principled person, strong sense of morals, sometimes gets a little too wrapped up in their own head, could still stand to get out more lol

6 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

Lawful evil, but would probably be Lawful Neutral if our playgroup wasn't as anti-combo as it is. The lawful part is non-negotiable.

Care to expand on this a bit more?

Also first impressions of me from mafia?

Also I want to play eimm but I don't want to talk to 39 other people.  Any good suggestions?  Lately I've been doing the "make a few friends and just talk to them approach" but I feel you are potentially likely to die because of being an unknown in that situation.

8 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

4. you uhh that's a super broad question but I will never not laugh at To Be Continued w/ Roundabout over random shit

If you had to give someone a tour of your city for a day, where would you take them?

13 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

I somehow skipped these, oops.

1. First impression: "who is this weeb they seem nice". I know you want a non-meme answer to current impression so I'll resist the temptation: you're a super kind, genuine person who needs to slow down and think things through every so often.
2. I dislike playing punishing/staxy decks in non-competitive environments because I have fun when other people are having fun. At the same time, I also have fun when I win. Green allows me to fulfill both these requirements.
3. Dogs, narrowly. I keep trying to sell my girlfriend on getting a cat but she's not having it.

She should get a cat and <3

9 minutes ago, SB. said:

1) First/Current impressions? 

2) Why are you a TSM fan? This isn't flame, it's genuine curiosity.

3) Why Vi? Have you 1v1ed Kay to assert your dominance yet?

4) Most underrated EiMM player?

5) How do you deal with someone who is lying to you ingame when you're unsure of if they're actually a threat to you?

6) What do you think I should have done differently in AS2?

7) TWO FREEZERS or TWO COPS?

8) You are locked in a thunderdome with Zeonth, Makaze and Yolo. Nobody else can shoot at you, but the dome only breaks when two of you die. Which two of you make it out alive?

9) Best fakeclaim you've seen in an EiMM?

10) What is a highlight of SMOGON MAFIA that I probably don't know about?

11) fmk eimm noc oc

1. First (from when you were on Smogon!): nice guy, not much impression beyond that
Now: filthy memer, funnier than me and that's not fair

2. The first professional League of Legends game I ever watched was from the Soundblaster Nations Cup (anyone remember that?), Team USA vs Team Canada. Reginald got a pentakill in that game and Dyrus played well, which led to me naturally gravitating towards the team the two played for, and the rest is history.

3. Love Vi's design and personality. "Punch first, ask questions while punching" tends to fit my LoL playstyle pretty well. I've not 1v1'd Kay but I'm pretty sure I'd win, no offense.

4. fairyjigglypuff. People nowadays also tend to forget that Elieson has a metric asston of wins and that not all of them were due to him getting carried.

5. Comes down to what they're lying to me about. Most people tend not to lie for no reason, so knowing WHAT they're lying about tells me something about WHY they're lying about it, which informs me on whether or not I should be worried about it.

6. I have the memory of a goldfish and don't remember much about your play, sorry.

7. Por que no los dos?

8. Makaze and YOLO, so they can fight on to thunderdome another day.

9. vanilla tracker Ken fakeclaimed 1x commuter once and got me good. Granted, this only worked because it was an Eliegame, but still.

10. Has anyone told you the story of FUCK TIGER? I'll elaborate if not.

11. hatefuck all of them

1 hour ago, Ampharos said:

-Kim. Kitty's played ranked League of Legends so she's probably encountered far worse than a little cliff drop in the past, and Sylv would be fine because I'm sure Toren would be waiting at the bottom to catch her.

Merits of catching her: ???

Merits of letting her fall: 

- Karmic justice

- Free wallet 

1) How different is MU's playerbase?

2) Are you more idealistic or pragmatic?

3) What's the best story you've got to share?

4) Got any prog recs?

5) Your options are 50 hawks, 10 crocodiles, 3 brown bears, 15 wolves,1 hunter, 7 cape buffalo, 10,000 rats, 5 gorillas, and 4 lions. You must pick 2 to defend you while the rest are coming to kill you. Which do you pick and why?

6 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Care to expand on this a bit more?

Also first impressions of me from mafia?

Also I want to play eimm but I don't want to talk to 39 other people.  Any good suggestions?  Lately I've been doing the "make a few friends and just talk to them approach" but I feel you are potentially likely to die because of being an unknown in that situation.

-You like to be in control of the board state. You play proactively, not reactively. There's nothing inherently evil about it, but it's very lawful.

-"this boy needs to chill"

-play smaller eimms Choose who you talk to carefully. Buddy up to someone who WILL talk to a bunch of people and is willing to keep shots off of you. Worked out pretty well for me in First Blood. There IS risk of getting randed inherent to that strategy, but it's the price you pay for the ability to be slightly lazier.

10 minutes ago, Conqueror said:

If you had to give someone a tour of your city for a day, where would you take them?

I live in Austin, which is a pretty big city that simultaneously doesn't really have a ton of tourist attractions because it's largely geared towards residents, so this question is trickier than once might anticipate.

Possible ideas include:
-my favorite ramen shop, because why tf not
-Mt. Bonnell, a free easy hike/super scenic view of Lake Austin
-Zilker Park, because it's well-known and also free
-just walk around downtown, because sooner or later we'd probably stumble upon some live music or somesuch thing to do

As you can see I'm really bad at showing people around places.

26. best way(s) to survive during earlygame vs midgame vs lategame?

27. how would you diffuse a situation in which someone finds out that you shot them the previous night and confronts you about it?

28. on a scale from 0 to 100, how much do you think luck factors into game performance?

29. would you say that you lean towards paranoid or trusting? which of the two do you think is generally better to be?

30. thoughts on the ~power player~ label??

7 minutes ago, SB. said:

i know the obviam sf version, but not the original, hit me with it

Once upon a time, there was a Smogon Mafia game based on Fire Emblem. A player by the name of Jedil was Kishuna (who, if you'll recall, was the weird silent anti-magic morph in Fire Emblem 7), allied with the mafia. He had a post restriction - if he ever posted anything other than "..." in the game thread, he would be immediately modkilled.

On Day 4 of the game, Jedil was on the lynching block. This led his teammates to formulate a plan. One of his other teammates tossed out a vote on a powerful village role and got lost in the shuffle of all the votes for Jedil. Jedil, meanwhile, said nothing.

Then, at 1 minute to deadline, Jedil broke his post restriction, posting a long and epic rant. The original text of this rant, sadly, has been lost to time, as the site the game was hosted on has since gone down. However, what IS known is that he typoed "I'M A FUCKING TIGER" as "I'M A FUCK TIGER".

So, Jedil was modkilled, all votes on him were nullified, and the powerful village role was lynched. Thus did the FUCK TIGER maneuver go down in the annals of Smogon Mafia history.

14 minutes ago, Daiya said:

Merits of catching her: ???

Merits of letting her fall: 

- Karmic justice

- Free wallet 

1) How different is MU's playerbase?

2) Are you more idealistic or pragmatic?

3) What's the best story you've got to share?

4) Got any prog recs?

5) Your options are 50 hawks, 10 crocodiles, 3 brown bears, 15 wolves,1 hunter, 7 cape buffalo, 10,000 rats, 5 gorillas, and 4 lions. You must pick 2 to defend you while the rest are coming to kill you. Which do you pick and why?

1. MU's playerbase is starkly different from itself, even. I'd say the most notable trend is that they're used to playing much faster games than people on SF play - anywhere from 48 hour days all the way down to 12. As such, long-form posts fall by the wayside in favor of what Iris likes to call "twitterposting", essentially making the game something of a hybrid between real-time and forum mafia.

2. In EIMM, pragmatic. In actual life philosophy, idealistic.

3. See the thing I just posted above.

5. The rats and the hawks. 10,000 is an absurd number, and even the hunter's anti-air capacities are only as extensive as his aim and the amount of ammo he's packing. Strength in numbers is the play here.

10 minutes ago, Alette said:

Another question, if clash were to restart and you can only team with people from online communities, who would you pick?

Breezy, sb, Soap, Shinori. Based primarily on player skill. Like I said, I play to win.

7 minutes ago, SB. said:

12) I know you have a friend who plays AP Ezreal mid a decent amount, does it ever actually work???

he's been spamming ap ezreal support in ranked (high gold) and it's working uncomfortably well???

7 minutes ago, Kinumi said:

26. best way(s) to survive during earlygame vs midgame vs lategame?

27. how would you diffuse a situation in which someone finds out that you shot them the previous night and confronts you about it?

28. on a scale from 0 to 100, how much do you think luck factors into game performance?

29. would you say that you lean towards paranoid or trusting? which of the two do you think is generally better to be?

30. thoughts on the ~power player~ label??

26. early: make as many friends as possible
mid: proper threat prioritization
late: pure pragmatic gameplay. go for the mechanical lock if at all possible

27. Depends entirely on why I shot them. If it was a rand, say as much! If I'm actually trying to kill this person, then I probably expected them to not survive the night, so I've probably been snaked somewhere. In this case, the play becomes to figure out who snaked me and throw them under the bus.

29. I'm probably way too trusting of people I claim I'm hard allied with and way too paranoid of everyone else. Too far in either direction is equally bad; if we're talking moderate degrees, I'd rather be a little paranoid than a little trusting.

30. If you mean generally, I actually understand and agree with the base concept of it; I just think the way Euklyd went around talking about it left him WAY too open to being memed. If you mean how I feel about having it, I really wish I didn't - game was a lot easier when I could slip under the radar.

44 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

he's been spamming ap ezreal support in ranked (high gold) and it's working uncomfortably well???

also i refuse to believe this because every time i see it i feel like it does nothing 

1. Alette told me to ask you some questions. How does that make you feel?
2. Any interesting memories from your childhood that stick out to you?
3. First and current impressions of me, if any?
4. What's your secret to having consistent cute avatars?
5. Favourite EiMM ship?

1. Thoughts on EiMM games being a lot bigger recently than they used to be?
2. Favorite boss battle in any game?
3. Rank every two color combination in MTG from favorite to least
4. What Fire Emblem games have you played and also rank them best to worst
5. Ignoring "Zed because you don't play other champs", what character do you think I'm likely to do best/worst on in league? 
6. tits or ass