SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

43 minutes ago, SB. said:

Who plays where?

The underlying question here is "am I really stuck playing support" and the answer is "glhf Support Boi"

Soap ADC is nonnegotiable. I'm fine with mid or jungle so Breezy/Shinori can do whatever as long as one of them takes top.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

The underlying question here is "am I really stuck playing support" and the answer is "glhf Support Boi"

it wasn't actually, but now that you mention it i am not playing support lmao

1) You're staff in several online communities; why would you do this to yourself?

2) Most rewarding thing about being a staff member (in general / anywhere)?

3) Least?

4) Rank major cities / regions in Texas best to worst?

5) First/current impressions?

6) For each of the six members of the Mareep and Spheal evolution lines, rank in order of best to worst? (One list for both, not two lists. Include Megas if you want.)

7) fmk support roles / control roles / offensive roles (in EiMM)

8) How far is "too far" in the pursuit of playing to win? (edit: for your tastes specifically, not necessarily what should be disallowed)

Edited by euklyd

9) top 5 funniest swear words, ordered, with explanations?

10) top 5 swear words in general, ordered, with explanations?

(edit: you took too long, now it's top 5 instead of top 3)

Edited by euklyd
blame refa

1 hour ago, Ampharos said:

Soap ADC is nonnegotiable. I'm fine with mid or jungle so Breezy/Shinori can do whatever as long as one of them takes top.

that actually wasnt the implication but fuck playing support, the only fun part of it was the fiddlesticks experience and it was ruined by fiddlesticks becoming an actually good pick

me inting on bard is not conductive to winning anyway

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

1. Alette told me to ask you some questions. How does that make you feel?
2. Any interesting memories from your childhood that stick out to you?
3. First and current impressions of me, if any?
4. What's your secret to having consistent cute avatars?
5. Favourite EiMM ship?

1. unsurprised
2. my first ever playthrough of Pokemon Blue was an adventure. thought every pokemon evolved, was determined to use them until they did. this is the story of how i would up with a level 80 farfetch'd. also i used my masterball on a ponyta because i was out of pokeballs and i reeeeeally wanted a ponyta
3. You seem like a stand up dude except for those times when you aren't. I don't know if I quite know you well enough yet to dig deeper than that.
4. You can thank @Orihime for pulling my current Discord avatar. I find most of the rest of them on tumblr.
5. Makaze x the sound of Makaze's voice

1 hour ago, Reinfleche said:

1. Thoughts on EiMM games being a lot bigger recently than they used to be?
2. Favorite boss battle in any game?
3. Rank every two color combination in MTG from favorite to least
4. What Fire Emblem games have you played and also rank them best to worst
5. Ignoring "Zed because you don't play other champs", what character do you think I'm likely to do best/worst on in league? 
6. tits or ass

1. I think it makes games harder to balance and I think the community should adjust their expectations accordingly. Beyond that I don't think it's inherently good or bad, just the trend lately.
2. Super basic answer but the Sans fight in Undertale is an absolute blast. Honorable mention goes to Bonetail in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door because the Pit of 100 Trials is an experience.
3. Simic>Izzet=Gruul>Rakdos>Golgari>Dimir>Azorius>Boros>Selesnya>Orzhov
4. Will only rank the ones I've played: 7>8>SoV>13>6>14 (Conquest)>14 (Birthright)>11. I understand I'm much higher than 13 than most people but it's the game that got me into the series in the first place so I think I'm well within my rights.
5. Your Jax is pretty decent. I think you'd probably feed your ass off on Ivern because everyone who isn't a dedicated Ivern player feeds their ass off on Ivern.
6. through tears heart...

1 hour ago, euklyd said:

1) You're staff in several online communities; why would you do this to yourself?

2) Most rewarding thing about being a staff member (in general / anywhere)?

3) Least?

4) Rank major cities / regions in Texas best to worst?

5) First/current impressions?

6) For each of the six members of the Mareep and Spheal evolution lines, rank in order of best to worst? (One list for both, not two lists. Include Megas if you want.)

7) fmk support roles / control roles / offensive roles (in EiMM)

8) How far is "too far" in the pursuit of playing to win? (edit: for your tastes specifically, not necessarily what should be disallowed)

1. I've jokingly described myself (to Iris, mostly) as a "control freak" but I really do hate feeling powerless. If I have ideas on how things should be done I like being in a position where I can actually implement said ideas. I also have no life so it's easy to find the time for it.

2. When shit actually works out and people are happy and having a good time in the community.

3. Especially with moderator-type positions, you tend to end up pissing off a lot of people. I also sometimes think it gives me this air of aloofness that I kinda wish I didn't have, because I generally don't intend to come off that way.

4. No real sense in doing regions as outside the cities/suburbs most of Texas is just empty space.
Cities: Austin>San Antonio>Fort Worth>Dallas>Houston. Abstain on ranking El Paso as I've never been.

5. Then: reserved nerd
Now: driven turbonerd, lots of ideas, most of them good, logical to a fault

6. I assume you're asking me to cross-compare.
[Mega] Ampharos>Spheal>Walrein>Flaafy>Mareep>Sealeo

7. Marry support roles so they'll, uh, support me.
Fuck control roles in the exclamatory sense.
Kill offensive roles so they don't kill me first.

8. I try not to be, like... emotionally manipulative. I'm pretty good at separating my personal feelings from the game but I understand that not everybody is, so I'm not gonna jerk someone around emotionally just to win a forum game. Will I lie to you? Sure. Will I be a dick about it? Nah.

1 // First / current impressions!
2 // What are your top five films of all time and what made those five stand out from the rest?
3 // What are your favorite commanders to play in edh?
4 // What were some of your favorite memories from the LEGENDARY texas roadhouse meetup?
5 // Rank the eeveelutions from best to worst.

Ok I literally didn't phrase half of my Q5 in a way that I meant to so I'll add this as a better version

7. What character do I actually play frequently that you think I'm likely to feed most on

yoyoyoyo

1.How about we make a walrus game with people from the eimm server? 

2.What're your impressions of all my walrus recs over the few that I participated in?

3.First/Current Impression of me?

4.What got you into mafia and why do you like it?

5.How do you get motivated to play OC as mafia and can you teach me how to play that game well w/o getting anxious and demotivated?

6.What's the key difference b/w OC mafia and eimm and what's your preference?

7.Are you the leader or the follower type? And why is that your preference?

8.How long is your hair rn? What's your preference for hair length for other people?

31. how do you define “soft ally” and “hard ally”?

32. how far are you willing to stick your neck out for the sake of your hards? what about softs?

Edited by Kinumi

17 hours ago, euklyd said:

9) top 5 funniest swear words, ordered, with explanations?

10) top 5 swear words in general, ordered, with explanations?

(edit: you took too long, now it's top 5 instead of top 3)

9. 1) God Damn and variants - blasphemy is hilarious
2) Ass - absurd versatility, inherently juvenile
3) Fuck - see above, loses humor points due to also being generally more impactful
4) Hell - See 1, except to a lesser degree
5) Shit - poop jokes hehe

Honorable mention goes to Bastard, which is arguably not a swear word but is funnier than the above 5 combined.

10. 1) Fuck - usable in literally every situation
2) Ass - when hyphenated, the perfect descriptor
3) Shit - great utterance of frustration when you're not QUITE mad enough for a fuck
4) Damn - should be used sparingly, IMO, but great for emphasis every now and then
5) Hell - is on the decline. Only really useful for getting around FCC regulations

16 hours ago, Koneko said:

1 // First / current impressions!
2 // What are your top five films of all time and what made those five stand out from the rest?
3 // What are your favorite commanders to play in edh?
4 // What were some of your favorite memories from the LEGENDARY texas roadhouse meetup?
5 // Rank the eeveelutions from best to worst.

1. First: the most ~mysterious~ member of Jaburu, as I spent a long time knowing of you but not ever having actually seen you.
Now: slowly turning into me as we drag you back into LoL and ever deeper into mtg hehehe

2. oh lord why must you do this to me. uhh i make no guarantee that this list will still be my top 5 tomorrow because i change my mind daily but here we go. in no particular order:
Princess Mononoke - The first Miyazaki film I ever saw, and still my favorite. Love the darker atmosphere compared to the rest of his work. Gorgeous visuals, great themes. Intense nostalgia for the film.
The Incredibles - Favorite western animated film ever, easy. Probably the movie I've seen the most times. Brad Bird is a genius.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!
Your Name. - WOWEE I cried like a goddamn idiot. Is the reason I can't just say X Miyazaki movie is my favorite Anime movie ever.
Kill Bill (both volumes) - Pulp Fiction is probably better from an objective standpoint (whatever THAT is) but GODDAMN do I love Kill Bill's aesthetic and general progression and every single action scene

As you can see by the above list I am probably nowhere near as pretentious about movies as my degree implies. This is because I'm the worst film major ever.

3. Kruphix, God of Horizons / Wort, the Raidmother / Kess, Dissident Mage / The Locust God / Alesha, Who Smiles At Death / Sedris, the Traitor King. Basically I have an affinity for janky reanimator decks and/or anything that wins by casting huge-ass spells and/or anything that wins off Laboratory Maniac.

4. Blitz is a super jovial friendly guy but as soon as the talk turned towards EIMM he got deadly fuckin serious. Zeo also cranked the edge up to 11. Elie was still Elie, but Elie is always Elie. He really is the Ultimate Dad even though he's only like 10 years older than me. Also the food was good. Thanks Blitz.

5. THIS LIST IS DEFINITIVE DO NOT FIGHT ME ON THIS
FROM BEST TO WORST, BY ABSOLUTELY NO CONSISTENT METRIC WHATSOEVER:
GLACEON
ESPEON
JOLTEON
VAPOREON
UMBREON
FLAREON
SYLVEON
LEAFEON

15 hours ago, Reinfleche said:

Ok I literally didn't phrase half of my Q5 in a way that I meant to so I'll add this as a better version

7. What character do I actually play frequently that you think I'm likely to feed most on

Yes.

14 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

yoyoyoyo

1.How about we make a walrus game with people from the eimm server? 

2.What're your impressions of all my walrus recs over the few that I participated in?

3.First/Current Impression of me?

4.What got you into mafia and why do you like it?

5.How do you get motivated to play OC as mafia and can you teach me how to play that game well w/o getting anxious and demotivated?

6.What's the key difference b/w OC mafia and eimm and what's your preference?

7.Are you the leader or the follower type? And why is that your preference?

8.How long is your hair rn? What's your preference for hair length for other people?

1. You know I'm always down for some Walrus.

2. You have a really interesting taste in music that sometimes aligns with mine and sometimes is like 3 layers too thick even for me. Respect the hell out of it.

3. First: think the first time we encountered each other was in Allstars 1, in which we "hard allied" and then you up and died on me ;_; I also know that a bunch of people wanted you dead for reasons I was unclear on so I found THAT interesting.
Now: Extremely earnest music lover with fantastic hair. Tries very hard in EIMM.

4. When I was but a wee [REDACTED], I dabbled in competitive Pokemon. This led me to this discovery of Smogon dot com, a cursed website which yet held one treasure trove of knowledge: The Smog, their monthly(ish?) webzine. Through the Smog I found an article detailing what mafia was and I thought "hmm this sounds interesting." And the rest is history.

I'm honestly not sure what caused me to initially be attracted to it. I know part of why I still play is because it allows me to meet a bunch of new people in an inherently social setting and also provides a good conversation starter (because I am REALLY BAD at talking to people without one). I also suspect part of while I still play is because I'm not terrible at it and it feels good to be not-terrible at things.

5. It's all about having a gameplan and executing it. Come up with your narrative and stick to it. Sort of the same as moling/snaking people in EIMM, really. If you're confident in the narrative you've laid for yourself you shouldn't have to be constantly worried about getting found out.

6. Any form of mafia is inherently team-based whereas EIMM is, at the end of the day, very individual-focused. I won't ascribe a preference towards either one so as to avoid outing myself.

7. Think it depends on the situation. My position as staff of a bunch of stuff would probably seem to imply that I'm more of a leader, but I also tend to be an extreme type B personality at times so like idk really

8. Not quite shoulder length? But getting there. Other people can do whatever the hell they want, if you ask me, though I find it more interesting when people's hair lengths don't match gender norms.

5 hours ago, Kinumi said:

31. how do you define “soft ally” and “hard ally”?

32. how far are you willing to stick your neck out for the sake of your hards? what about softs?

31. A hard ally is anyone you've explicitly agreed to try for endgame with. Anything short of that, but further than like, just shot trading, is a soft ally.

32. Depends entirely on whether or not doing so would jeopardize my own position. Generally this means I stick it out further for hards, as I can expect they'd probably do the same for me and thus it's advantageous to have them around. A soft ally dying sucks but is ultimately a loss that can be moved past.

1. Do you enjoy playing League or Magic more?
2. How much will I regret it if I start playing League?
3. First/Current impressions of me?
4. What are some of your other favorite games not mentioned that you enjoy?
5. What country do you most want to visit?

56 minutes ago, Iris said:

1. Do you enjoy playing League or Magic more?
2. How much will I regret it if I start playing League?
3. First/Current impressions of me?
4. What are some of your other favorite games not mentioned that you enjoy?
5. What country do you most want to visit?

1. Magic, probably. Though both have a high propensity of bullshit so my enjoyment varies wildly.
2. Ehh. Depends on how into it you get. Highly recommend not dropping any money on the game if you do. People shit on it a lot but it can be a fun time.
3. first: wow this person sure cares a lot about MBTI
now: wow this tryhard sure cares a lot about MBTI and also everything else and what the hell where did she find all these people
4. Anything Pokemon, the first 3 Paper Mario games, Super Mario RPG, To the Moon, VA-11 HALL-A, the Zero Escape series, Danganronpa, the Ace Attorney series, Kirby Air Ride, most Mario Karts/Smash Bros, Civilization V, Slay the Spire, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010), Burnout: Paradise, Sonic Adventure 2, Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy [2], Earthbound, Fire Emblem 7/8. Just to name a few.
5. Japan. You may make fun of me now.