SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xin Xin!

1. Opinion on the nickname "Xin Xin"?
2. What is the story behind your username?
3. How did you find SF? What made you stay?
4. Will you be raising the question limit? If not, everyone can only ask you a maximum of five questions.
5. First and current impressions of me?

Wait what

I'm basically a lurker here how did this happen

Edit: Wait is there supposed to be an intro of some sort I don't know how these go.

Heya everybody I'm Xinnidy: Brazillian Extraordinaire, Garbage Social Activist, Computer Scientist, and laptop-haver.

I'm not really that accomplished as a professional yet, but I like to think I have some semblance of life experience. I study full-time and work two part-time gigs. Ask me anything!

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Xin Xin!

1. Opinion on the nickname "Xin Xin"?
2. What is the story behind your username?
3. How did you find SF? What made you stay?
4. Will you be raising the question limit? If not, everyone can only ask you a maximum of five questions.
5. First and current impressions of me?

1. To be honest that's par for the course: Xin, Xin Xin, Xinoodle... It's all in the Xinnidy bag of nicknames. You could possibly make a language based around my nicknames.

2. I vividly remember it was a file I started in Animal Crossing: Wild Word, and I asked a friend I was hanging with to name the village. We ended up with 'Xinux'. I don't know why but the name stuck with me so I used it as a handle on forums for a while and it eventually mutated into 'Xinnidy'.

People like giving me nicknames.

3. Sometime in 2012 after I finished high school I had a lot of free time and usually spent it watching Ray/MK404's Radiant Dawn LP on youtube because I couldn't get the game for myself. Eventually I got into watching some small FE LPers and it led me to SF later that year. I decided to try drafting but finished like two of them and then the drafter community died so I went to Mafia and RPs. As I found out I have no time to seriously play mafia I pretty much am just here for the RPs I'm in. I don't leave the Roleplay subforum so I don't... really know what's going on in SF anymore though.

Sometimes I wonder about reviving my dead drafts just to finish them but then I'd have to schedule my vacations around that and some family shenanigans always happen to eat my free time.

4. uh sure

5. I think I can answer that in screenshots-- Wait I can't I left my role pm for all stars 2 ah beans.

First: I thought the flirting was weird, but I held no strong opinions past that, you were fine to talk to.

Current: I don't know you for that long but I think you're more sociable than you give yourself credit, it's been a good time. If I leave you hanging at times, it's mostly because I'm a loner, or because I've overloaded my schedule for the nth time, but I appreciate how much we've got to talk. o7

Edited by Xinnidy

1. Asking from someone who's never done roleplaying before and has no idea how it works, what's the appeal to you/what do you personally like about it?
2. What RPs are you currently in and what happens in them? I only know vaguely about Angelcynn from your character pick in Healthy.
3. What's your favorite thing to do in your free time when you have it?
4. Are you a big football fan? What was your reaction to 7-1?
5. Would you move out of your country if you had the chance/means and where to?

Edited by Conqueror

2 hours ago, Conqueror said:

1. Asking from someone who's never done roleplaying before and has no idea how it works, what's the appeal to you/what do you personally like about it?
2. What RPs are you currently in and what happens in them? I only know vaguely about Angelcynn from your character pick in Healthy.
3. What's your favorite thing to do in your free time when you have it?
4. Are you a big football fan? What was your reaction to 7-1?
5. Would you move out of your country if you had the chance/means and where to?

1. The appeal varies heavily from person to person, to be honest. Personally I like creating new stories, immersing in a character's mindset, and just having a hand at writing a story. Sometimes it's fun to play the part of a cunning persona, or a lawful knight. There's also a challenge in trying to make a character that would figure out/understand things you wouldn't, and vice versa. It also lets me think a lot about worldbuilding, since the GMs usually don't do it all alone. It's a fun hobby to me, helps improve my garbage English a little, and gets my creative juices flowing.

I must also say that post-by-post and per-session RPs serve wildly different free time slots. While post-by-post gives more freedom for whenever you can write, it also has a poorer retention rate because things can lose momentum after any break. Takes a very available mod. On the other hand, session RPs have a lot better momentum, but you need to schedule beforehand. I'm currently not in any per-session RPs but know some people in SF that do/did it in roll20.

2.Oh I could make summaries for each I guess, that would be fun:

Angelcynn: Eliwood with pink hair and his gay sister try to stop a brewing war in Not!Great Britain. It doesn't work because two factions bigger than their kingdom have already set things into motion, and their homeland is invaded. They end up parting ways because Pinkwood's sister thinks he doesn't have what it takes to stop the war and goes to banditland. Also sorcerer!Dio is trying to make an alternate reality where he is god or something. The longest-running one. By SHIN.

SRW Deep Space: Robots. The year is 251 G.C. and the earth still isn't united under a single banner. A shadow terrorist organization decides to pull the trigger and wages war against the two superfactions and it turns out they were being succesful because aliens are backing them. The Less-Bad Federation's head admiral decides to set up a group of bad enough mecha pilots to stop the terrorists on their tracks, led by a battleship captain that is definitely just a normal young woman fresh from captain academy. I co-gm this one with melissa.

Tales of Malaketh: Vampires and Humans coexist, but it could never last. The vampire king is pressured into war by his counselors and plans to rid the land of humans through a ritual that sacrifices his own daughter. The princess' most loyal guard learns of this and, deciding where his loyalties lie, defects and enlists the help of humans and other vampires to find a way to prevent the ritual for good. The youngest RP, a side-game trying to not go too out of hand with story and mechanics.

The Harufe RPing Bonanza: I just started but there are multiple RP servers dedicated to characters and lores concerning the Harufe discord game. It's pretty cool, and each server has a lot of consolidated info available in docs and other webpages, but you generally don't need a lot to just start writing. The FE4-5 continent is heavily borrowed, but you can make a character from pretty much wherever --it's pretty open-ended. Since it's discord based, it's kind of a hybrid, as instant messaging does benefit real-time interactions, and there's no real 'GM' aside from word of god (a) sometimes. I find these communities pretty beginner-friendly, but I'm bad at separating time for them. ^^;

3. Honestly, RPing and playing video games. I do have a bad habit of watching trivia garbage for too many hours, but I like to think I've been improving on that end. Lately I've also not had a lot of free days or money to commit to videogames I want, though. It is what it is.

4. I've been warming up to football recently, honestly. Back then I was more 'whatever' about it, though the 7-1 did put me somewhere between laughing and 'what is happening right now'.

Oh yeah this year's world cup was a hoot. It was nice.

5.Yes. Canada is looking hot --once I get my degree. Free tuition university is the best thing ever and I'll die on this hill. Hopefully elections won't remove that from us.

Edited by Xinnidy

Canada is in fact looking rather cold. We just got snow, Xinner-dinner.

1. What are proper storage/consumption methods for Xinsicles? Retaining optimum texture and flavour is extremely important.

2. If your local community found out you called them soccercoins instead of footballcoins, would you be lynched? Same with soccerland/footballand.

3. How many licks does it take to get to the centre of of Xinnie-pop?

4. Approximately how many layers do you expect to wear in -30 C weather?

5. Y'know what, el classico. Give me a rundown of the "knowing this twat" experience version moi, my Noodlest Noodle.

Ah, Xinnidy.

The most physically attractive man/woman in the world is your lover. However, they have no personality and you must choose one SFers personality to implant into the husk (had to pick an appealing word there) to bring it to life so y'all can start your life together. Remember you live with this person, confide in them, sleep with them, and spend a great amount of time with them. Who do you choose and why? What are some traits of theirs that make you want to choose them?

If Kim, Kitty, and Sylv were hanging off a cliff without the power to lift themselves up, and you only had time to pull one up before the rest fell, but you still DEFINITELY had time to evaluate who you were consciously going to pull up, who would you rescue and why would you let the others fall to their demise?

If you had the time and resources to take up 3 hobbies of your choice, which would you choose and why?

Edited by Omega.

1. How's the computing science gig going?

2. As much as you would be willing to say about politics, what are your thoughts about Bolsonaro and his supporters? (I personally think it's almost a foregone conclusion that he will win the election at the end of this month). I know a little bit about him and some of the things he's said has been troubling to say the least.

3. You ever play D&D at all or tabletop roleplaying games like that?

Edited by Edgelord

Weh!

1: First/Current impressions of moi?

2: Favorite RP genre? Mine is Shadowrun (magic mixed with dystopian cyberpunk) and I'll forgive you if you pick the wrong not that answer. ;)

3: Do you treat EiMM like its own roleplay session and get into character, or is EiMM more of a break from rping? Asking for a friend.

4: How do you roleplay in an enviroment without structure like most play by post forums, as compared to per-session type where the rules tend to be fully fleshed out so there are less misunderstandings/judgement calls/two people posting "I hit" and "I dodge" for eternity? 

5: How do you feel about being a part of "Friendship Inc." in All-Stars 2?

6: In a world of Power Players, Shadow Alliances and Big Moves, you won an EiMM as p much lone wolf? What advice would you give to young eager lone wolves out there on how to survive? 

7: What are you a social activist of?