SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2019 at 11:05 PM, DarthR0xas said:

4. I mean, that's probably someone's fetish. It depends, would the girl A. Still be comprised of Ice Cream, B. Wouldn't feel pain, C. Was consenting, D. It wouldn't count as a murder of any kind, E. Would maid waifu (whose name is Felicia by the by) get in on it? If the answer is yes to all of those, then sure, I don't see why not. I could just get magical fairy Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to make her a being that would regenerate after a set amount of time.

Hey man, the Rock is a busy man with a long list of lonely people to visit, he doesn't got all day to act as customer service for you.

So, what you're saying is...unless maid waifu (who I will continue to call maid waifu if that's alright) was into it, you wouldn't be into it?

That and I love to watch clusterfucks unfold, it's why I like watching RWBY so much.

3. I want to leave behind one that's constantly getting edited to have outdated memes in it, and overall is an uninformative mess.

The plot of the game is kinda dumb, and overstuffed, and convoluted. Just what I like. I like my stories to be utterly nonsensical, it makes it more fun that way when shit goes off the rails.

Tell us about some more absurd narrative stuff.

Speaking of absurd narrative, I completely forgot to ask about Kingdom Hearts.

Why not DarthRoxas? Why DarthR-Zero-xas?

How was Kingdom Hearts 3?

Alright, so you're going about your business playing Kingdom Hearts: Diners Drive-Ins and Dives when you are suddenly kidnapped by Gabe Newell and his Gravity Gun. He then forces you to answer him one question, or die: What should Valve do now that Kingdom Hearts 3 is out?

Another sequel I want is "The Bible 2", I wonder what kinda stuff is in that one.

This might not be quite what you're looking for, but I personally found the following readings quite useful:

2 Samuel

2 Kings

2 Chronicles

2 Corinthians

2 Thessalonians

2 Timothy

2 Peter

2 John

Did anyone besides you finish that FE8 draft?

Inconsistent in that I basically switch opinions on things and ideas on a dime. Today I'm moderate-left. A year ago I would say I'm hard-line conservative. The year before that I was liberal in every sense of the word.

When are you planning to become a straight-up fascist?

What are some things life is most definitely not about?

Let's go back to the waifu metaphor for a second. If someone has a preference between vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream, is that racist?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 2/21/2019 at 3:31 PM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

1. First and current impressions of me?

2. What made Felicia your waifu?

3. Favorite meme?

4. What are your current studies?

5. Favorite KH gameplay moment (aside from anything in 3, I have yet to play that).

1. I'll be honest, I don't have much of an opinion on you. I've seen some of your posts floating around, you seem to like Tiki, which shows me you have good taste. You've posted some decent stuff, made that Fates/Awakening Support board that I occasionally glance at. You seem pretty chill.

2. A combination of an amazing design, a decent amount of screen-time compared to most minor characters, and her personality. Felicia looks great, that's basically a fact. She has one of the best character designs in Fates. Since she is a character that sticks with the Avatar for all three paths, she gets a decent amount of screen time. Sure, it's no Nohr/Hoshido Royals screentime, but it's around the same amount Kaze gets, which is enough to get a good enough impression of her character that I feel the desire to dig deeper. And what I found was an adorably clumsy girl with a will and stubborn resolve to try her hardest. I really like traits like that, so they drew me closer to her.

3. Probably this one:

20181123_231505.thumb.jpg.9d62b2eb4e9a5de4095645d7b4fd9421.jpg

Mainly since I'm a DM

4. Currently I'm just doing some basic school stuff. Bio, World History, that junk. Next year I''ll get into some more interesting stuff, like the Theory of Knowledge.

5. I'd say basically all of KH2, but I'll narrow it down a tad more. I'd say anytime you get one of the Data Org Bosses into a position where they take a lot of damage when you're doing it with a form like Final form. Another moment would be the 1000 Heartless fight, although I replayed KH2 recently, and it wasn't quite as cool as I remembered it. Flowmotion was awesome until you realized it was broken and just spammed it. I really enjoyed all the bosses (minus that one flying boss) in 358 Days. I'd probably think of more from other games if KH3 wasn't on the mind. That game has quite a few I'd point out. Also, play on Proud when you get it. Trust me, it's the better option.

23 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hey man, the Rock is a busy man with a long list of lonely people to visit, he doesn't got all day to act as customer service for you.

Well if he wants a good rating on Yelp he'll give me the time of day

So, what you're saying is...unless maid waifu (who I will continue to call maid waifu if that's alright) was into it, you wouldn't be into it?

No, if all my conditions were met, one of them including if "maid waifu" got in on it, then I would be into it.

Tell us about some more absurd narrative stuff.

In KH? Sure. So with the introduction of time travel we get the idea that one can only go to a certain point that their body was already at. This gets abandoned in KH3, by them basically introducing a catch-all plot element that lets them ignore that condition. Another dumb thing is the realm of darkness. It's stated that you need to wear a dark coat (the ones that all those organization nerds are wearing) to be safe, but then Aqua is able to exist just fine without one (she only falls in KH3 due to losing a fight, not since the darkness of the realm destroyed her from within). You could say that it's due to her heart being pure, but then why do Mickey or Sora need special clothes? If there's an answer to that, I don't know, but it's fun to watch.

Why not DarthRoxas? Why DarthR-Zero-xas?

DarthR0xas comes from Darth, as in Darth Vader since I'm a Star Wars geek, and Roxas, as in Kingdom Hearts. The zero was a stand in for the o since someone already took "DarthRoxas" when I made it on Youtube about three years ago. I've just kept the zero for consistency. But as for why I don't spell out the zero, that's mainly so it looks nicer. Most people just say Roxas, ignoring the 0, which is what I prefer to happen, so spelling out the zero would be counter-intuitive.

How was Kingdom Hearts 3?

Spoiler

Honestly, it was fine. I'm really underwhelmed by the story, but the gameplay was alright. It's worse than two in almost every area. But I'll start with the one area it destroys 2 in, presentation. The graphics are gorgeous. Legit, drop dead amazing. It felt like I was playing one of the opening movie sequences in KH1 or 2. Graphical effects were on point, loading was surprisingly fast most of the time (I'm not on a PS4 pro so it wasn't instant, but pretty good), and the game only slowed down on me once. With the amount of stuff that can be on screen at once, I thought that was pretty impressive. The story is a cluster-fuck. That much can be expected. The problem is that it's an unsatisfying cluster-fuck. As I said before, I mainly stick with KH for its utter nonsense, and while I did get some of that, there wasn't enough done in a conclusive manner. When half the worlds feel static, and like retelling of movies that Sora barely interacts with, then I'm not having fun with the stories. In KH1 and 2, sure they were mostly retellings of the movies, but you felt like Sora and co were actually there, participating. Here it feels more like Sora and co are in the background, not really doing much. This is sometimes literal, like when Sora and co are literally just sitting on a window in the Tangled world, not even doing anything. That one had me mad since "YOU HAVE CURE" "JUST USE CURE" "OR THOSE KUPO COINS, I HAVE ONE IN MY INVENTORY RIGHT NOW" (Kupo coins are basically automatic revival tokens that are cheap, but you can only hold one of them. I used like 4 of them on Proud). There were some points when this was funny, like Sora and co watching "Let it Go" happen, and they keep commenting on it. Sure, I hated the song, but Sora helped me get through it. The best moments in the game are in the worlds with original stories, where the Disney characters just show they don't care about the plot and just tell whatever villain it is there to screw off. Woody telling Terranort to piss off had me on the floor laughing. And Mike and Sully throwing Vanitas through a door, and then that door through another door, and then that door through another door, one more door, and then shredding that door was also funny. But what was really annoying was the way that the main plot was just shoved aside for most of the game, and then felt rushed at the end. Gameplay was fun, great even. The issue is that when compared to KH2, it's a downgrade. In some ways, this isn't fair. It's a different team, different engine, different software. But then again, they've been working for six years, they have plenty of quality games to look at for inspiration, and they just kinda give us an unbalanced easy mess. Granted, a very entertaining mess, but a mess nonetheless. Attraction commands are basically free summons, with no downsides. The addition of command styles and shotlocks is something I do like, and they're implemented well, but the attraction commands really drag it down.

Alright, so you're going about your business playing Kingdom Hearts: Diners Drive-Ins and Dives when you are suddenly kidnapped by Gabe Newell and his Gravity Gun. He then forces you to answer him one question, or die: What should Valve do now that Kingdom Hearts 3 is out?

Well, obviously they should release Portal 3. Just Portal 3, since that's the only third entry of a series that Valve hasn't put out. Only that one.

This might not be quite what you're looking for, but I personally found the following readings quite useful:

It wasn't, but those are good passages.

Did anyone besides you finish that FE8 draft?

I think the dude who started it did. Absolutely annihilated me too. First draft I did and BOY did I suck.

Where can I buy one?

When are you planning to become a straight-up fascist?

Next week

What are some things life is most definitely not about?

It isn't about the Big City Slider Station, that's for sure.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:04 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Let's go back to the waifu metaphor for a second. If someone has a preference between vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream, is that racist?

Uh, I don't think so? It's just a preference, and if it's based on taste buds I don't think that's racist. 

29 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

20181123_231505.thumb.jpg.9d62b2eb4e9a5de4095645d7b4fd9421.jpg

Players making good choices, I see.

I don't even mean that as a joke. It's partly a joke but true as well.

No, if all my conditions were met, one of them including if "maid waifu" got in on it, then I would be into it.

Yeah, that's what I meant, though.

"got in on it" => "was into it"

In KH?

In general but that works too.

DarthR0xas comes from Darth, as in Darth Vader since I'm a Star Wars geek, and Roxas, as in Kingdom Hearts. The zero was a stand in for the o since someone already took "DarthRoxas" when I made it on Youtube about three years ago. I've just kept the zero for consistency. But as for why I don't spell out the zero, that's mainly so it looks nicer. Most people just say Roxas, ignoring the 0, which is what I prefer to happen, so spelling out the zero would be counter-intuitive.

I see. Why Roxas in particular? Why not DarthD0nald?

It isn't about the Big City Slider Station, that's for sure.

How dare you.

How dare you?

What level of interest do you have in philosophy?

Opinions on Tolkien?

6. Favorite moment as a DM in D&D?

7. Favorite moment as a player in D&D?

8. The General Tabletop thread contains stuff about D&D. What would you think of being a player in a campaign, should that come around (Bhoop is DM)?

9. Who’s that now in your pfp?

10. Has that meme you’ve shown literally happened in a game you hosted before?

18 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I see. Why Roxas in particular? Why not DarthD0nald?

Because I like Roxas. He's my favorite KH character, one of my favorite characters of all time, and also fun to play as. Also, screw Donald. He was only good as a companion in KH3, and in that game I literally couldn't understand him half the time and had to read the subtitles to understand his gibberish. 

How dare you?

I dare

What level of interest do you have in philosophy?

Some interest. Nothing major, I occasionally look over whatever philosophy book stands out to me at my local library. I don't try to get into many debates about philosophy, politics are my strong point.

Opinions on Tolkien?

I've tried reading them a couple times, but I've been kinda bored or fell asleep every time I've read him. Love his work, mainly since all of fantasy has in some way taken from it and despite me not being able to read it, it is immensely interesting once you get past the initial hurtle.

14 hours ago, Roxas said:

you know you had a period from like september 2015 - 2017 where you could have snatched Roxas from me why didn't you 

I wasn't around on this website at that time. I might've lurked a bit, grabbed a translation patch, checked some info, but I didn't actually join until around 8 months ago. And by that point I had already been using the current handle that I do now for a good couple years. I like this one, so even if I could I probably wouldn't just do "Roxas"

5 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

6. Favorite moment as a DM in D&D?

Probably the session that my players became hat merchants. The reason they became hat merchants is due to one of my players (a human barbarian) said that he was going to skin a kobold to make a hat. He was probably joking, but I had him roll, and he of course got a 20. So after that battle, instead of going to the next one they double back to town and start selling/making kobold skin hats. Due to some more great rolls on their part, and poor rolls on mine, they were doing surprisingly well, and since I wanted to see how far this could go, I introduced a few NPC who would give them an investment to start up a hat shop since they thought their hats were that good. About an hour later, I could see some of my players were getting bored, so I decided to have some pissed off kobolds attack the place. One thing led to another, and somehow the doors were locked from the outside while the building was on fire. I forget whether the wizard cast a water or an ice spell, but it was enough to protect the players from the fire. After that battle, with their shop and some other buildings being burnt and destroyed, my players put the business behind them, and went back to the main quest. But to this day, one of my players always tries to get a kobold hat, no matter the methodology. 

7. Favorite moment as a player in D&D?

There are two. Both from the same campaign. I was playing a Geonosi (who was actually a human because the DM I had at the time was an indecisive git who went back on his word but never told me) Paladin named Berkut. We started the campaign on a boat, and we were attacked by another boat of kobolds. The DM forgot to tell us two important details about this boat. 1. There was a crazy powerful old wizard on this boat, 2. That there were more people than just us on this boat. So since this was my first time as a player in a long while (I mostly DM), I decided to have some fun. I climbed the mast, fired an arrow, and the next turn I look my friend dead in the eyes and tell him "I want to glide over there." My plan was to use my robes to act as a paraglider of sorts, and for me to glide over to the kobold boat, a boat that had an absurd number of kobolds, and take them all out single handedly. The DM, after trying to stop me from doing this about 5 times, let me roll. I have notoriously poor luck, ones and twos for days. So I roll a three. The DM says I fall into the ropes of the sails, getting tangled and caught up in them. Two turns later, I cut myself somewhat loose and fall onto the deck below. I'm still prone and tangled, but then I have an idea. I think back to that one boat map in Awakening, and I think to use the boat as a fiery battering ram and set the enemy ship on fire. So I tell the DM that I want to set the boat on fire. My fellow players are either hardline against it, or love the idea, about a 50/50 split, and the DM is giving the whole, "are you sure about that" thing to me. I say yes, pass an easy roll since I was so close and only my bottom half was actually tangled, and set the boat on fire. It is at that point, that I hear a chorus of screams from under the boat, and the DM informs me people were on board. Then the powerful wizard dude comes out, and the kobolds start to flee, but not before my friend, a dwarven fighter named Flappy Beard chucks an anchor onto that ship, and then gets another one of my friends, the ranger I think, to throw him over to the ship. He gets there, basically gets instarecked, and runs away. A session later, we come across a village of Gnolls. Most of the party just want to move past it, but me and the rogue are conspiring. We want to burn down the village, since the DM mentioned some sweet loot, but I didn't want to actually fight them. So I tell him that I want to burn it down, everyone but the Rogue is telling me not to do it, some because it's dumb, others because I'm the only Lawful Good character in the party who is at this point a literal pyromaniac. Anyways, I roll. I get a 2, as per usual, but at this point I do something a little sneaky. You see, two is right next to 20, so a little bump makes my two a 20. So I burned down their entire village. We then finished our quest of delivering a caravan to the Elvish king, and right as I was trying to say how we too care of that Gnoll camp to the south, so we could get more gold, an army of angry Gnolls appears over the hills. Needless to say, that king was less than pleased, and we were promptly kicked out of the capital.

8. The General Tabletop thread contains stuff about D&D. What would you think of being a player in a campaign, should that come around (Bhoop is DM)?

I'd say I'd be fairly interested in doing so. As I said, I don't get to be player often, so that would be fun.

9. Who’s that now in your pfp?

That was Julia from FE4, and also the change was completely unintentional. I lost a bet over on Discord with a couple of buddies, and my price was changing my pfp to whatever character he wanted. He chose Julia, I found the pic. What I forgot was the my pfp on the Forest was synced to Discord, so changing it on Discord led to it being changed here. Real big brain moment on my part.

10. Has that meme you’ve shown literally happened in a game you hosted before?

Not quite like that. For one, they seduced both the mayor AND his wife, since where's the fun in only doing one of them? That and the village they burnt down wasn't the same village as that mayor and wife. It was some other village, probably a kobold one, since it was the same campaign as the hat thing.

2. Have you ever played a Fire Emblem game before Conquest?

3. How’s the weather where you are?

4. Do you play anything other than Fire Emblem?

5. Can we ask more than 5 questions?

6 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

2. Have you ever played a Fire Emblem game before Conquest?

3. How’s the weather where you are?

4. Do you play anything other than Fire Emblem?

5. Can we ask more than 5 questions?

Ohgodthisisathing.

1: Pretty neutral? You seem to know what you're talking about and apparently run a side buisness of kidnapping folks for pointed questioning @_@

2: My first experience with FE came in the form of somone poisoning Dorcas's mutton. After that I was hooked... on advance wars 2 x.x Years later my interest in the series resurfaced with the New Mystery: HoLS translation (found while downloading AW:Days of Ruin) Got hooked after that.

3: Extremely wet and unseasonably warm.

4: Yes. Mostly tabletop RPG's, though the Etrian Oddesy and Advance wars series are definitely played. I work a lot so having things on a mobile platform is nice.

5: Go for it.

1 hour ago, joshcja said:

Ohgodthisisathing.

1: Pretty neutral? You seem to know what you're talking about and apparently run a side buisness of kidnapping folks for pointed questioning @_@

6. Now what do you mean by that side business?

7. What Tabletop RPGs have you played? There is a General Tabletop Thread in the General Entertainment section.

8. What are you studying in college or whatnot? Or what have you studied in college or whatnot?

9. How did you discover Odin’s potential in Conquest?

10. Aside from Conquest and New Mystery, what other FEs have you played?

1. Did you have any favorite cartoons as a kid?

2. Do you have a choice of all time best and all time worst tabletop rpg? 

3. If you ever see a blank sheet of paper and a pen laid before you, what is your first instinct?

4. If you had all the money, time, and creative freedom necessary to achieve whatever you wanted, what would it be?

5. Is there a mechanic from a strategy game that isn't Fire Emblem that you would like to see implemented into the franchise?

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

6. Now what do you mean by that side business?

7. What Tabletop RPGs have you played? There is a General Tabletop Thread in the General Entertainment section.

8. What are you studying in college or whatnot? Or what have you studied in college or whatnot?

9. How did you discover Odin’s potential in Conquest?

10. Aside from Conquest and New Mystery, what other FEs have you played?

6: N-nothing, I wasn't trying to escape at all.

7: I'm stuck in the life of a foreverGM. Mostly 5/3.5e dnd, call of cthulu, or whatever gets pulled out of a used book bin and looks absolutely awful when players bug me.

8: Working on my master's in aerospace and chemical engineering. Mix that with two real jobs and never sleep again!

9: "Man, Nos can't break, and there's a mage with super huge bulk and early join. Also vantage" Was my first thought. Optimizing his use became a personal vendetta after an excessive number of threads bashing the hell out of a... pretty silly unit.

10: All but 1 and 3. The remakes are stellar, and the originals have... not aged well at all from what I've seen of them. 

2 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

1. Did you have any favorite cartoons as a kid?

2. Do you have a choice of all time best and all time worst tabletop rpg? 

3. If you ever see a blank sheet of paper and a pen laid before you, what is your first instinct?

4. If you had all the money, time, and creative freedom necessary to achieve whatever you wanted, what would it be?

5. Is there a mechanic from a strategy game that isn't Fire Emblem that you would like to see implemented into the franchise?

Sorry for the double post.

1: Yes. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the X-men. I'm a sucker for excellent theme songs. (Also Voltron).

2: Best 3.5e dnd, it's near complete freedom and actually uses the d20 system (Also I'm a sucker for the campain settings). Worst pathfinder, it's like 3.5 but nothing actually works, all the problems and none of the insane.

3: Roll initiative? Clearly there's an intruder in my house of a piece of paper isn't covered in chickenscratch notes.

4: Buy a mountain, name it "The high ground" win every argument forever. This may be my real life-goal.

5: Fire Emblem with CO powers would be one hell of a drug.

11. Has there ever been a moment in your times as a DM that are worthy enough to be on here? https://shitmyplayerssay.com/

12. How many times have you beaten Lunatic Conquest?

13. Have you ever been a player in a D&D campaign? If so, what is your preference on builds?

14. Aside from RPGs, what else have you played?

15. Favorite Fire Emblem character?

2 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

1. Did you make your sig yourself?
2. What makes Conquest your favorite FE game?
3. What languages do you speak?
4. Do you ever ride a bike?

1: It's part of a strip from the fates meme thread, cropped with my mad MS paint skills.

2: Mechanically it's both the most complicated FE to date, and the most broken so the sandbox aspect is really entertaining in terms of challange runs. The difficulty and tactic optimization is also extremely tight in the 7-13 segment of the game without going into FE12, ohgodwhy territory.

3: Just English, I can scream out scafoldbuilder pretty well though (Basically Spanish, but only profanity/sex slang with motions to indicate what tool I want. This is a real thing)

4: Yes, mountain biking was a hobby of mine when I got sent to mountains without snow or good climbs.

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

11. Has there ever been a moment in your times as a DM that are worthy enough to be on here? https://shitmyplayerssay.com/

12. How many times have you beaten Lunatic Conquest?

13. Have you ever been a player in a D&D campaign? If so, what is your preference on builds?

14. Aside from RPGs, what else have you played?

15. Favorite Fire Emblem character?

11: Yes, mostly on session 1, by session ohgodwhy folks are a bit more invested. The main running joke of the campaign's is that a certain golden puzzle box can and will show up every game.

12: Lots?... I have a problem.

13: Notgonna a say Odin but... Odin. My last PC was a 5e Moon Druid/AT Luchador. Played in OotA. A common misconception is that DM's try to control the chaos. Mostly we just wonder why our players aren't suplexing Satan with their Bear arms.

14: Standard suite of friendship ruining couch games. Goldeneye/smash/Mario cart/etc.

15: Tana.

Edited by joshcja

6 hours ago, joshcja said:

3: Just English, I can scream out scafoldbuilder pretty well though (Basically Spanish, but only profanity/sex slang with motions to indicate what tool I want. This is a real thing)

Interesting. And this is a clear / effective means of communication?

Do you work in scaffold building?

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Interesting. And this is a clear / effective means of communication?

Do you work in scaffold building?

Suprisingly yes.

I did. Along with a wide swath of other manual trades. Nothing like working 72 hours inside a waste drum to really make you reconsider higher education!

Edited by joshcja