SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

6. Did you... actually do that to a poor pancake?

7. I might actually go to Brooklyn some time when I next come to New York. What places do you recommend me and my family with me to go eat at?

8. Have you ever heard of Touhou? Played any of the games? Etc.?

9. Have you ever heard of or played Dungeons or Dragons?

10. Have you played any other tabletop rpg?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

1. Yeah, and was the pancake actually hot, or just like a 7/10?
  2. Why your friends call you Chupacabra?
  3. How much of an inspiration do you consider Steve Urkel to be?
  4. You say you've moved around a lot. Where would you like to stop moving?
  5. How dapper do you consider brightly colored box suits?

3 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

7. I might actually go to Brooklyn some time when I next come to New York. What places do you recommend me and my family with me to go eat at?

8. Have you ever heard of Touhou? Played any of the games? Etc.?

9. Have you ever heard of or played Dungeons or Dragons?

10. Have you played any other tabletop rpg?

6. no
7. Most of my favorite places are in Manhattan honestly, In Brooklyn I do like to eat at a place called Taqueria Cokoyok its pretty seedy, deep in Bushwhick though not really good for a family and you need to speak spanish (although I'm pretty sure you do). I also go to quite often to Ichiran Brooklyn for the Best Ramen broth ever. seriously, this place spoiled every other ramen place for me. When it comes to traveling in New York we literally have everything and we do everything the best hahaha so you can pick whatever youre into look it up and expect the best! Katz Deli is a good place to go to for a historic and authentic experience id say!
8. no but i love shooters. I've played all the Gradius, Parodius, Twinbee games along with the Neo-Geo shooters.
9. Yes, but ive always DM'd I've never actually played. I know i'd be really good at it probably.
10. My cousin and i used to play this awesome hexagonal segmented board game called Heroscape!

Edited by NOTchazbc24

13 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:
  1. Yeah, and was the pancake actually hot, or just like a 7/10?
  2. Why your friends call you Chupacabra?
  3. How much of an inspiration do you consider Steve Urkel to be?
  4. You say you've moved around a lot. Where would you like to stop moving?
  5. How dapper do you consider brightly colored box suits?

1. I'm sorry i lied. the pancake was actually a Nintendo 64, and i got electrocuted as a result.
 2. my real name is Chaz, and I'm brown i guess? My friend and i used to work at a hip-hop studio as producers/writers and the talent would yell it on the track to shout us out. i think it's just a fun word to say.
3. Very little. Cory Matthews on the other hand...
4. San Fransisco or Greenlake, Seattle. maybe in the Catskills, NY
5.I like em personally!

.image.thumb.png.a400392b266eb0136e4744bbb47c0192.png

Edited by NOTchazbc24

5 hours ago, NOTchazbc24 said:

Katz Deli is a good place to go to for a historic and authentic experience id say!

Hey, I did go there! And I’ll be sure to tell them about that Ramen place.

11. What edition did you DM for? Because most people who play D&D nowadays play 5th edition. I am sure it is not that difficult to get into, though.

12. Have you ever thought of making DM’ing part of your channel? We have some people here who play D&D, or at least others who can play D&D given the rules and some pdfs or sites.

13. What was your favorite moment playing D&D?

14. So, what are your favorite music genres, and what are your favorite artists from each?

15. I think you already answered this once, but do you watch anime? What are your favorites?

5 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Hey, I did go there! And I’ll be sure to tell them about that Ramen place.

11. What edition did you DM for? Because most people who play D&D nowadays play 5th edition. I am sure it is not that difficult to get into, though.

12. Have you ever thought of making DM’ing part of your channel? We have some people here who play D&D, or at least others who can play D&D given the rules and some pdfs or sites.

13. What was your favorite moment playing D&D?

14. So, what are your favorite music genres, and what are your favorite artists from each?

15. I think you already answered this once, but do you watch anime? What are your favorites?

11. 3 and 3.5. I think it was the introduction of 4 that drew me away from table top, although in hindsight , 4th edition had some pretty cool ideas.
12. No I have not, however i feel like what i do with my Rival Bromains series is about as close as you can get to DM'ing a Fire Emblem game.
13.Probably when i made a campaign loosely based around the world of FF9 and my friend who was a dumb warrior with super heavy armor kept failing his balance check in the ice cave. A fellow team member who was an Orc Druid took off their chainmail socks and put them over his shoes akin to chaining up one's tires for bad road conditions.
14. I like experimental music, pop and country. and my favorite from each genre would be Wire, Scott Walker, and Dwight Yoakam.
15. I don't watch anime i think it's a cancer on society and it needs to be stopped. However in my younger days i was a big fan of the toonami lineup of Sailor Moon, Gundam + Gundam Wing and Dragonball + DBZ.

21 hours ago, NOTchazbc24 said:

my real name is Chaz, and I'm brown i guess? My friend and i used to work at a hip-hop studio as producers/writers and the talent would yell it on the track to shout us out. i think it's just a fun word to say.

16. Ah, I see. I figured might have been something hair-related. Anyway, on the note of chupacabra, what do you think of "cryptids," things like the chup and the Loch Ness Monster and income tax rebates?

9 hours ago, NOTchazbc24 said:

12. No I have not, however i feel like what i do with my Rival Bromains series is about as close as you can get to DM'ing a Fire Emblem game.

17. What if I told you there is actually a roleplaying section on this very forum where people basically do DM Fire Emblem games? Not that I'd recommend you check it out or anything, because my campaign isn't up yet and anything else is a lesser and unworthy substitute.

18. I don't really know what to ask you here. What's a question you'd like to be asked, as well as the answer to that question? In other words, tell us something that you would like us to know.

9 hours ago, NOTchazbc24 said:

15. I don't watch anime i think it's a cancer on society and it needs to be stopped. However in my younger days i was a big fan of the toonami lineup of Sailor Moon, Gundam + Gundam Wing and Dragonball + DBZ.

19. Mr. Chaz, I am in agreement with you that anime is a societal ill which indulges all manner of degeneracy. However, what if I told you that there is, in fact, a good anime? It is a brilliant work of absurdity by the name of Bobobo Bo Bobobo.

20. Mega Man Sprite Game?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 6/27/2019 at 11:37 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

16. Ah, I see. I figured might have been something hair-related. Anyway, on the note of chupacabra, what do you think of "cryptids," things like the chup and the Loch Ness Monster and income tax rebates?

17. What if I told you there is actually a roleplaying section on this very forum where people basically do DM Fire Emblem games? Not that I'd recommend you check it out or anything, because my campaign isn't up yet and anything else is a lesser and unworthy substitute.

18. I don't really know what to ask you here. What's a question you'd like to be asked, as well as the answer to that question? In other words, tell us something that you would like us to know.

19. Mr. Chaz, I am in agreement with you that anime is a societal ill which indulges all manner of degeneracy. However, what if I told you that there is, in fact, a good anime? It is a brilliant work of absurdity by the name of Bobobo Bo Bobobo.

20. Mega Man Sprite Game?

16. They don't exist. They're things that sell pamphlets.
17. tag me when that gets up
18. "How big are your feet?" HUGE
19. That sounds like bad juju i only like american made video games and drawings like Fire Emblem.
20. wut? I've beaten Mega Man 1-6 im not sure if that answers your question.

Here's some questions I'm asking because I figure someone would want them asked.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, Rezzy said:

1: What are your first/current impressions of Rezzy?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

And some of my own because I never shut up.

21. Have you ever actually paid for a pamphlet?

22. Ya like Lord of the Rings?

23. Is FE4 a game that you think should be left alone, or should it get a remake at some point?

24. Is the legacy of FE4 best left alone, or would you like another game to try and tackle some of its signature mechanics again? You know, pawn shops and inheritance and big maps a proper second generation and all that.

25. Ya like Jazz?

26. Ya like basketball?

27. Ya like ghosts?

28. Have you ever chewed 5 Gum?

29. What meme will never die in your heart?

30. Is Space Jam canon?

31. Is FE4 canon?

32. In instances where FE4 and FE5 contradict each other, which one is canon?

33. What's a thing that you have an interest in, even a shallow or passing one, that seems like a random thing to be as fixated on as you are?

34. Is this a tiring list of questions yet?

35. Why haven't you beaten Mega Man 7-10?

So, Mr. @NOTchazbc24. Mega Man Sprite Game is an RPG that uses "real megaman sprites" and features Mega Man and his brother Zero going on a quest to fight ghosts and play basketball.

There are a couple of noteworthy lets plays, such as the ones by Mi Mutahar of SomeOrdinaryGamers and Vincenté Vinesaucé. You could also just play it for free, if you'd rather.
It's commonly called an RPG maker game but it's actually not. It's really made with OHR RPG CE which no one cares about.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Here's some questions I'm asking because I figure someone would want them asked.

Oh, thank you, I've been a bit busy, so I'd forgotten to ask any questions, but I doubt he's ever heard of me before.

wow it's mr. sirius!!

let's go with some simple questions

1. What hobbies do you like doing during your free time, if any?
2. Still play FE these days?
3. What kind of music do you generally like listening to?
4. Favorite meal?
5. Favorite pokemon?

1 hour ago, Integrity said:

how's it goin mr. sirius

It's going good man. I miss Nightmare though, when I played my first 3 hours of "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night", I was instantly reminded of him. I'd gift him a copy of the game if he were around, it's the 2D Castlevania game we've been waiting for since "Order of Ecclesia" back in late 2009. I hope he's doing well.

1 hour ago, Freohr Datia said:

wow it's mr. sirius!!

let's go with some simple questions

1. What hobbies do you like doing during your free time, if any?
2. Still play FE these days?
3. What kind of music do you generally like listening to?
4. Favorite meal?
5. Favorite pokemon?

Hello little Kate! Has Mr. Sparkles been treating you well?

1. Mostly video games and tinkering with Computer Science related stuff. Raspberry Pi, Assembly, Parallel Programming, Unreal Engine. That sort of stuff. On the rare occasion I look for some indie concert nearby when I want some fresh air or go to a karaoke bar, look for some event related to board games to try (or just default to Card Against Humanity). I should probably make the time to go back to learning Guitar...

2. Yes. FE4 with the Project Naga patch and FE5 with the Project Exile patch are among 2 of the many games i'm playing recently. 2 months ago I played through Path of Radiance and the only thing that really stood out was that Boyd had 9 speed at level 20 and that's AFTER applying a Speedwing on him. Ditched him for Kieran.

3. I like Metal but I typically listen to whatever's on the radio when I'm driving, at home gravitating towards Instrumental music and tracks from video games mostly but every now and then I catch some songs on the radio that I'll repeatedly listen to for some time. For example, I heard "Youngblood" by "5 Seconds of summer" and I enjoyed listening to that one at work.

4. Chicken Breast with white rice, beans and fried plantain the way my mom makes it. Access to just about any other meal I'd like to eat is always there, mother's home cooked meals are great and rare by comparison.

5. In order: Typhlosion, Raikou, Gengar.

42 minutes ago, BLSoldier said:

1: Do you miss doing YouTube videos?

2: What made you join Serenes Forest?

3: Still living in Texas? If so, how's it?

1. Somewhat. You made videos way back in the day so you're familiar with the shitty restrictions we faced back then: 11 minute max on youtube per video, Hard Drive space being expensive relative to today so you'd have to record using some compression codec and fix the audio/video desync using Virtual Dub (which I didn't find out about until after finishing most of my FE5 videos). Nowadays it's just so much better but I don't feel like I have the time or drive to commit to a consistent upload schedule. I once pondered making videos to debunk the PragerU garbage but the people that would actually need to hear that shit would be the ones already duped...

2. I was a user at GameFAQs during the early days of FE7. Serenes Forest was linked often and then I joined the forum to ask a question on how FE7 rankings work because the site didn't cover it very well. At least I think that's how it went down.

3. Yes, Austin. It is hot and growing quickly in population, most days I see the temperature at 95 Fahrenheit and we're not even at the hottest days yet while the traffic can get pretty bad if you don't know the hours so I tend to just work from home unless I need to go to the office. BBQ restaurants and Steak houses aplenty.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

1 hour ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

It's going good man. I miss Nightmare though, when I played my first 3 hours of "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night", I was instantly reminded of him. I'd gift him a copy of the game if he were around, it's the 2D Castlevania game we've been waiting for since "Order of Ecclesia" back in late 2009. I hope he's doing well.

hard same bud

On 6/25/2019 at 11:31 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Now, don't take what I'm about to ask personally, because I ask everyone this. If you had to pick one food item to be anthropomorphized into a significant other with which you must spend the rest of your life, what consumable do you choose and why?

That question's incomplete man. Does it regenerate so you can eat from it endlessly or is part of the commitment of spending the rest of your life with it trying NOT to eat it? If it's the latter, the answer is obviously nothing. Otherwise popcorn for lulz.

14 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

I like Metal but I typically listen to whatever's on the radio when I'm driving, at home gravitating towards Instrumental music and tracks from video games mostly but every now and then I catch some songs on the radio that I'll repeatedly listen to for some time. For example, I heard "Youngblood" by "5 Seconds of summer" and I enjoyed listening to that one at work.

Based on your posts in the General Politics thread, I've always imagined you listening to talk radio, for some reason. I know I would.

1. How are you finding all the news about Bloodstained's Switch port being a way-less-than-perfect rendition? (and I guess relative to this question: what version/s do you have?)
  2. Who among today's political figures do you see as a parallel to Robespierre, or a cheap imitation of?
  3. What subgenre of metal do you find yourself listening to constantly?
  4. Austin was also home to one of the most underrated black metal acts I've come across (Averse Sefira--I say "was" because they're no longer around. Jeff Tandy is now in a couple other bands at least: Imprecation and Birth AD). Ever heard of them, or are there any other acts in Austin that you consider to be criminally underrated?

6 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Based on your posts in the General Politics thread, I've always imagined you listening to talk radio, for some reason. I know I would.

1. How are you finding all the news about Bloodstained's Switch port being a way-less-than-perfect rendition? (and I guess relative to this question: what version/s do you have?)
  2. Who among today's political figures do you see as a parallel to Robespierre, or a cheap imitation of?
  3. What subgenre of metal do you find yourself listening to constantly?
  4. Austin was also home to one of the most underrated black metal acts I've come across (Averse Sefira--I say "was" because they're no longer around. Jeff Tandy is now in a couple other bands at least: Imprecation and Birth AD). Ever heard of them, or are there any other acts in Austin that you consider to be criminally underrated?

Nah, there is a talk show on the station I usually tune in it but the only thing that stands out about is this "Second Date Update" segment they have on it. It's amusing to say the least. Political talk show on the radio is not something I would tune in to because the radio's on when I'm driving and it makes little sense to tune in to something you should put more focus to than just random brief times.

1. Uh I don't know much in terms of the substance so I'm inclined to just brush it off as people bitching about small graphical hiccups that don't break the game or cause you to reset and lose current progress. I own the PC version, may eventually get the Switch version just to have a portable version of the game. The news about the Switch version outselling PS4 and Xbone's combined is interesting though, seems safe to say that the Switch is far from a Wii U.

2. Assuming you're referring to Maximilien Robespierre, I'd have to say Bernie Sanders because politicians these days are mostly silent until they can find some bullshit to latch on to and rile their base. I say that loosely as Robespierre "campaigned for universal manhood suffrage, and the abolition of both celibacy for the clergy and of slavery" and only the bolded is something that is straight up similar. Other politicians just aren't all that vocal about anything of significance... look at the latest Republican outrage over some goddamn shoes.

3. I don't know, I don't really pay much attention to the distinctions among these subgenres.

4. Think I went to a Birth AD concert once. I don't usually follow any specific bands or artist, if you ask me to name songs with lyrics in them, you'll rarely find any one artist with multiple songs from them that I'm familiar with and enjoy.