SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

I'll forgo the usual impressions questions, because I don't think we've met, unless I'm mistaken, in which case feel free to offer them.

1: Aspirations in life?
2: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?
3: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?
4: Opinion on the name Rachel?
5: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chen said:

1. wtf is a paperblade

2. why rwby

3. how's the food in california

5. thoughts on calculus

1. Paper Mario was one of my favorite games as a kid, when I made a gamefaqs account at age 11 or whatever it was for the paper Mario board

2. I played a rwby themed mafia game on Smogon and watched the show out of curiosity. Binge watching first 3 seasons is way better than what I imagine slowly waiting 3 years was

3. It's good, we have a lot of good local places in my area

4. 4

5. I got a 5 in BC calc in high school, I'm good at math though and can do calculations quickly

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll forgo the usual impressions questions, because I don't think we've met, unless I'm mistaken, in which case feel free to offer them.

1: Aspirations in life?
2: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?
3: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?
4: Opinion on the name Rachel?
5: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

1. Live forever. Idk

2. Not sure. I like a lot of pop songs people like to look their noses down on I guess but those are designed to be catchy. I still listen to songs from the original high school musical, never saw the sequels.

3. League of Legends probably? Not an unpopular opinion in some circles tho, fuk riot etc

4. It's a strong name, at least an 8/10

5. Well behaved kids are cute, but I'm turned off at idea of whiny kids or ones that make a lot of messes, especially babies. Not sure if I will have kids, I don't think I'd be a good father when it comes to the stuff I dislike

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

3 hours ago, Paperblade said:

Reply hazy, try again later

don't be so humble, man 

you deserve credit for your accomplishments

59 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

1. Paper Mario was one of my favorite games as a kid, when I made a gamefaqs account at age 11 or whatever it was for the paper Mario board

holy shit this entire time I thought it was about papercuts

1) First/current impressions?

2) What's your favorite color?

3) Where's a place you'd like to visit that you haven't?

4) If you were forced to move somewhere else (say at least out of state) where would you go?

5) Favorite warcraft 3 campaign?

42 minutes ago, Iris said:

ooh since everyone's doing an impression question~

what was your first impression of me?

what is your impression of me now?

stop coming on to me please

I need an adult

38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

1. I'm a mafia champion

2. https://myanimelist.net/manga/100128/Yakusoku_no_Neverland I've been following this since like the second chapter, it's been great.

3. I'm not reading anything currently, but I was recommended the Expanse series by a coworker so I may look into that if I have time

4. I went to London when I was too young to really remember it (about 3 years old). I remember being driven around in a car and not much else.

5. w-what

29 minutes ago, Euklyd said:

don't be so humble, man 

you deserve credit for your accomplishments

Go read my FE7 screenshot playthrough and watch my Reborn playthrough.

21 minutes ago, Reinfleche said:

1) First/current impressions?

2) What's your favorite color?

3) Where's a place you'd like to visit that you haven't?

4) If you were forced to move somewhere else (say at least out of state) where would you go?

5) Favorite warcraft 3 campaign?

1. At first I thought you were good at mafia, now I know better

2. hot pink

3. Anywhere where I know people, I dislike driving for more than like 20 minutes to get to places, long car drives or plane rides are even worse. 

4. Chicago, Illinois or Columbus, Ohio I think

5. TFT Orc > TFT Undead > TFT Human > RoC Orc > RoC Human > TFT Night Elf > RoC Night Elf > RoC Undead

TFT Orc was most unique and I would play a game that was set up like that. Closest I've seen is Pillars of Eternity but it suffers from having a ton of mechanics that make it hard for me to get into.

First/current impressions of me?

What is it that you like about the FE series? What have been the changes in the recent past that you've disliked?

Ditto for Pokemon?

Why are you shrouded in mystery?

Do you like your current job?

Which char in reborn do you think prims resembles the most?

5. First and current impressions of Haze?

6. First and current impression of Prims?

7. First and current impressions of Life?

8. What is your car? Did you/are you paying for it?

9. Favorite (regular) mafia moment?

10. Favorite eimm moment?

11. Why are you quite irl?

12. Wheread do you feel you use your pride most?

1 minute ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

First/current impressions of me?

What is it that you like about the FE series? What have been the changes in the recent past that you've disliked?

Ditto for Pokemon?

Why are you shrouded in mystery?

Do you like your current job?

Which char in reborn do you think prims resembles the most?

1. idr first impressions, current is that this meme needs to die2. It's simple but has a lot of room for complexity/depth and difficulty without feeling unfair. I dislike most of the changes made in Awakening and Fates, and I'm sure people have heard them before since it's not a unique opinion. Avatar is bad, outrealms are bad, map design is gimmicky, etc. etc.

2a. Pokemon is pretty simple too, but has more of the complexity implemented. There aren't really any changes I've disliked recently, other than that I wish the pokemon were better balanced. The big complaint I have is more that they still have not made cutscenes or the early tutorial skippable. 

3. I am?

4. Yeah, it's slow paced and not stressful. I don't want to stress over my money, I'd rather stress be from my hobbies

5. Anna

8 minutes ago, Lord Gaius said:

First/current impressions?

Why is Pokemon Snakewood objectively the second greatest game ever made?

Three places you'd love to travel to that you've never been to before?

1. stop

2. I've not actually played snakewood and don't know anything about it other than zombies and RSE mechanics

3. idk this is hard. Chicago, Oklahoma, and maybe like Maryland? I'm just listing where I know people live that I've not been to

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

5. First and current impressions of Haze?

6. First and current impression of Prims?

7. First and current impressions of Life?

8. What is your car? Did you/are you paying for it?

9. Favorite (regular) mafia moment?

10. Favorite eimm moment?

11. Why are you quite irl?

12. Wheread do you feel you use your pride most?

5. He's a cool guy -- he's dead to me

6. He's a cool guy -- he's dead to me

7. He's a jerk - he's dead to me

8. 2008 nissan versa, it's paid for. Kaoz has ridden it, Boron has seen it (but I think only in the dark)

9. Lynching Elieson in CYOR

10. Winning Refa's game

11. I don't like big groups especially of people I don't know very well. I'm kind of soft spoken and so I get talked over easily

12. eimm probably, I don't let people push me around

Just now, ___ said:

Hey there, nice to make your acquaintance.

> will you be breaking the 5 question limit restriction?

Yeah, I'll just answer questions as I see them. Reserve the right to refuse if someone gives me some absurdly long list though or something

1 hour ago, Paperblade said:

9. Lynching Elieson in CYOR

to this day I'm amazed that elie didn't actually have some bullshit strong-something ability that would've won him the game because of me dragging my heels every night

first and current impressions of:

1) mafia

2) eimm

3) first and current impressions questions

1. Should I make first/current impression questions a bannable offense?

2. Are you in the same place that you were when I last bugged you?

3. Will you every play FE: Heroes?

4. Why am I the best cop? :P:

3 hours ago, Euklyd said:

to this day I'm amazed that elie didn't actually have some bullshit strong-something ability that would've won him the game because of me dragging my heels every night

first and current impressions of:

1) mafia

2) eimm

3) first and current impressions questions

1. it's fun, it sucks

2. it's fun, it sucks

3. these are annoying, these are a dead horse

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

1. Should I make first/current impression questions a bannable offense?

2. Are you in the same place that you were when I last bugged you?

3. Will you every play FE: Heroes?

4. Why am I the best cop? :P:

1. yes

2. yes

3. I did play it (I cleared normal), I just got bored of it within 3 days

4. What gave you the idea you were?

Edited by Paperblade

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.
10.A Mega Pokemon you'd like to see? 

1. Were you the guy with the Ringabel avatar a while ago?
  2. If so, opinion about Bravely Default?
  3. RPG game /series you haven't touched yet, but would like to do in the future?
  4. What has been the weirdest situation in your life yet?
  5. Favorite pinky character (doesn't matter if pink clothes / hair / eyes...)?

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would family members/friends describe you, personality-wise?

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

What were some TV shows that you grew up watching as a kid?

If you could instantly fix one personality flaw you have, what would you pick?

9 hours ago, Randoman said:

!!!!!!!!

Randoman, you're still around!!!!!!

if you don't remember me, i joined SF basically around the same time you did and we've chatted a little bit

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.
10.A Mega Pokemon you'd like to see? 

6. I'm not big on road trips, since I dislike travel, but three historical figures I'd like to meet would be Socrates, Tesla, and Hemingway.

7. This one and 8 are what delayed this response so much, and I ended up phoning them in, especially this one. I hope you're happy with what you've done. Dante from DMC1-4, Squall, Lando Calrissian. Yeah, let's go with that

8. DMC Vergil, Guzma, Mercury Black

9. Not sure which FE I'd pin as least favorite, but I can say something nice about all the contenders:

Shadow Dragon: This was actually hardest. It was based on the game that started the series? I dunno.

Awakening: The rally skills were neat, and I liked the idea of unique enemy only skills (basically Lunatic+) to make things more challenging, the implementation was just really bad (Counter...)

Fates: I really liked the idea of the uniquely personal skills for every unit--this had been something I'd wanted to see in FE for a while. Past games had skills that only one unit had or whatever, but Fates did it for every playable character. I don't think they were very interesting in Fates, but the idea is a start. Personal skills like this are cool when they're powerful and unique and change how a unit is used, since it brings out their character in the gameplay. Since FE has been a series where each unit matters to you, since they have their own personality and death is permanent, you should see that personality in the skills they used, rather than just being some dude that's the same as another dude with different stats. Skills like Replicate (which isn't even a personal skill) are super interesting and change gameplay a ton when used. Imagine if every playable character had a personal skill that was that crazy.

10. Electivire. Make it mega evolve to be more like Electabuzz, since Electivire is dumb and ruined a great pokemon.

10 hours ago, Magilou said:
  1. Were you the guy with the Ringabel avatar a while ago?
  2. If so, opinion about Bravely Default?
  3. RPG game /series you haven't touched yet, but would like to do in the future?
  4. What has been the weirdest situation in your life yet?
  5. Favorite pinky character (doesn't matter if pink clothes / hair / eyes...)?

1. If you mean the one with him barechested and such, yes

2. I loved the first game. Second one is less good--I don't like Yew very much and the party dynamic isn't as fun. Also, both games have top notch battle music: That Person's Name Is, Battle of Ordeals, Battle With Demons, Distorted Thoughts, Battle of Diamante, Battle of Oblivion, are all great tracks, and I'm definitely missing some.

3. I've heard good things about Langrisser but never got around to playing them.

4. I'm not sure if this is the weirdest in the sense you're asking, but it was very... awkward and uncomfortable? Now, as I tell this story, I will preface by saying my parents are divorced, a process which has been as messy and difficult as you can imagine, and began about two years before this. So, I'm working in the same office as my dad (who I do not live with), who has worked there for maybe 30 years. I sit about three feet away from a woman who is basically his best friend, and that I will say 99% he had an affair with. I do not enjoy this job, as I barely know these people, but they know about me through my father, especially this woman. So, one day, she pulls me aside into an unused office, and tries to have a heart to heart about how I look unhappy, and am not sociable with people and I need to change and this and that, talking about how she knows me. And I don't want to say something like, my dad is an asshole and a cheating bastard and you know it and I have to work with him every day, so I'm just sitting there trying to awkwardly end the conversation and she doesn't let up.

And this happened twice while I was working there, and I was only there for six months.

5. Jigglypuff probably, it's a pale pink

4 hours ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would family members/friends describe you, personality-wise?

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

What were some TV shows that you grew up watching as a kid?

If you could instantly fix one personality flaw you have, what would you pick?

1. I have a very tongue in cheek/deadpan style of delivering my humor at times, which gets me in trouble when people don't pick up on it. I think it's funny to talk like my emotions or feelings on a subject are highly exaggerated, and in text when you can't tell if I'm deadpanning or really feel that way it gets awkward.

I also think I'm bad at explaining things at times, as I tend to think about things in a way that makes sense to me because of how I think about things, and thus my usage of terms is sometimes confusing? There's an awkward story about this related to a math class I took in college

I'm also impatient, which is probably a result of having ADD. I dislike wasting time waiting around or driving, so as a result I don't like traveling--multiple hour car rides, airports, they're terrible. I don't mind trains though, probably because all the ones I've been on don't really feel like "waiting and doing nothing" like a car or have all the horrible plane things.

I find people really interesting, the way they think about things and what makes them tick. I probably wouldn't want to be a psychologist or something like that, but it's really fascinating. I'm in an awkward situation where I like to socialize and talk to people, but a lot of things people do frustrate me

2. I'm going to paraphrase what someone told me a couple days ago. I think it's pretty accurate although idk if all of my friends think this way. I know my family doesn't but my family is............

"You come off who’s pretty calm and doesn’t get too emotional about stuff.It’s exasperating to you when people don't understand what you're trying to say. Also, you come off as someone who says more impactful words than a lot of words
Under the surface, though, I imagine you have things that really do eat at you (insecurities, things that just bother you, etc.), but you generally don’t talk about those except to people you really feel comfortable talking to
I’m not sure if I’d necessarily say you’re “hiding” your insecurities. It sounds more like you just don’t need to let the world know you have them
And you do a very good job of coming off as very calm and collected"

3. My first game was Super Mario for the NES, which I played at my cousin's house when I was really young (probably like 4ish). I could not figure out how to jump and thus died to the very first enemy multiple times. I think my first real video game that I wasn't horrible at was in 1st grade with Pokemon Red.

4. Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Lab, Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd n Eddy, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Jackie Chan Adventures, Spongebob Pokemon, Yugioh was all stuffed I watched from like age 6-12. There's probably more. Freakazoid is top tier, great humor

5. Not worrying about what people think. Anxiety sucks, and it's really crippling.

3 hours ago, Chen said:

6. is no gream as same as daed?

7. hallmarks of a good shounen anime

8. why aren't you watching little witch academia?

9. opinions on grinders

10. opinions on mmos

6. [4:58:57 PM] Paperblade: The fuck is a gream
[4:59:28 PM] Chen: https://s.vndb.org/sf/87/4187.jpg
[4:59:50 PM] Paperblade: That doesn't explain anything
[5:01:18 PM] Chen: says here its a mixture of gravy and Other Things
[5:02:08 PM] Paperblade: Ic
[5:02:17 PM] Paperblade: Then what is daed
[5:02:49 PM] Chen: looks like an indie music artist
[5:03:02 PM] Paperblade: Then wtf is your question
[5:03:59 PM] Chen: are there any comparisons to be made between the two??

question mark

7. Unique powers to make fights interesting, making a likable cast that's the right size to let it be changed up in who is fighting without spreading things too thin and leaving some characters by the wayside (Bleach and Naruto both failed at this), understanding its tone (see fairy tail for how not to do that one)

8. Good question, why aren't I watching a show about little girls with a bunch of high school girls and Monde when I'm in my 20s

9. I hate grinding in video games. Grinding is not fun, and the only challenging thing about it is my patience

10. MMOs are in a weird place. The draw to an MMO is a social experience--you are playing with lots of friends, meeting people and making friends by overcoming obstacles, sort of like real life. The gameplay in MMOs I've played isn't exactly top tier, but the fun of them is doing this stuff with other people. Unfortunately, the genre has moved towards enabling the solo experience, which runs counter to the appeal of THE COMMUNITY