SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

19 hours ago, Randoman said:

Are there any movies/games/TV shows you find so bad it's good? (Eg: CD-I Zelda, Birdemic, etc.)

Do you play any traditional fighting games? (Eg: Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur) If so, who do you main in those fighting games?

What fictional character do you think you're most like, personality-wise?

What video games/video game series will be among the first ones you'll let your child play?

What was it like transitioning from not being a father to... well, being a father? I mean, I'd imagine you lost a lot of free time and changing diapers doesn't sound fun, but it must've been really nice to be able to hold a baby in your arms constantly, knowing he's yours and that you have left quite the legacy to the world with your child.

- Yeah, the Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon was hilariously awful. I didn't want to play it at the time but waifu coerced me into it and honestly in retrospect I don't regret it. That movie was trying so hard to be Lord of the Rings (Elijah Wood as Spyro, endgame destination being a fiery mountain, huge-scale battles in a massive city), but it was also so half-assed and contrived (both in plot and gameplay) that it was pretty hilarious honestly. 

- I had Soul Caliber 2 on the gamecube and mainly played as Link, Kilik, and Nightmare. I remember wanting to unlock the lizardman but don't think I ever did. But yeah, I'm not that great at traditional fighters haha ;;

- When I was a kid I identified pretty strongly with Link from OoT haha (the kid who gets bullied / left out in their age group, feels like they don't belong etc). A little older and it was Erk from FE7 haha. Nowadays not sure who it would be honestly.

- Oh man, probably Yoshi's Story or any Kirby game, both are super adorable and not too harsh or anything in terms of difficulty... though really I'm prepared to be flexible and let whatever happens happen ahaha. And I love me some Kirby so that'd be pretty cool heheh. Probably Epic Yarn since it's pretty tame and forgiving overall. 

- Mostly I habitually try not to think about things like that... but in the latter months of waifu's pregnancy where I was forced to face it more and more, I just kept thinking about how 'haha holy shit I'm not responsible enough to have a kid yet how am I gonna do this...' And, well... The way I started normalizing it was to think about the kid like a Digimon or Tamagotchi-- their basic needs are basically the same (feed them and clean their shit) lmao, so once I started doing that it felt less complicated and worrisome to me (at least as far as my duties were concerned). Watching him grow up and become less of a fragile lump and turning into a tiny person has felt... yeah, really rewarding actually haha ;; Seeing his personality emerge and learning how our interaction with him has to constantly evolve to keep up with his pace of learning is pretty great I gotta say. What I'm REALLY worried about in the long term is how my parenting habits and what I've subconsciously picked up from my parents will affect him, and how messed up I can actually make him from screwing up the parenting from a psychological perspective.... ;; And I mean, I wanna say cross that bridge when you get to it, but already he's starting to develop emotionally so that's something I have to think about even now. It can be pretty scary in a sense. BUT... the good news is that my wife is amazing with kids/animals/etc, is really good at understanding body language and knows how to properly discipline and stuff like that which I have a pretty poor grasp on; so he just might turn out okay! @w@

But on a more lighthearted note, maybe people want to see what he looks like eh? He's a very cute kid (that's not a biased statement-- well I mean... it is, but he's objectively cute. Just look) :

Spoiler

20161009_200804.thumb.jpg.5840b812ff247723c7072e51980fafd0.jpg20170101_122802.thumb.jpg.11517247eff2fed8309d7c69af6afa1e.jpg

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

You encounter a puppy in your back yard. It's missing a leg and is bleeding out. The only weapon near by is a concrete brick. What do you do?

Weapon?? Fuck dude a bit bloodthirsty aren't we?? I run for a goddamn towel and tie up whatever wounds it's got, maybe bring it inside and make it fuckin' comfortable on some other rags / disposable towels, bro. If it's gonna die at least let it be comfortable, but if there's a chance it might NOT die I'm not gonna condemn it to that fate JFC

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, BANRYU said:

- Oh man, probably Yoshi's Story or any Kirby game, both are super adorable and not too harsh or anything in terms of difficulty... though really I'm prepared to be flexible and let whatever happens happen ahaha. And I love me some Kirby so that'd be pretty cool heheh. Probably Epic Yarn since it's pretty tame and forgiving overall. 

- Mostly I habitually try not to think about things like that... but in the latter months of waifu's pregnancy where I was forced to face it more and more, I just kept thinking about how 'haha holy shit I'm not responsible enough to have a kid yet how am I gonna do this...' And, well... The way I started normalizing it was to think about the kid like a Digimon or Tamagotchi-- their basic needs are basically the same (feed them and clean their shit) lmao, so once I started doing that it felt less complicated and worrisome to me (at least as far as my duties were concerned). Watching him grow up and become less of a fragile lump and turning into a tiny person has felt... yeah, really rewarding actually haha ;; Seeing his personality emerge and learning how our interaction with him has to constantly evolve to keep up with his pace of learning is pretty great I gotta say. What I'm REALLY worried about in the long term is how my parenting habits and what I've subconsciously picked up from my parents will affect him, and how messed up I can actually make him from screwing up the parenting from a psychological perspective.... ;; And I mean, I wanna say cross that bridge when you get to it, but already he's starting to develop emotionally so that's something I have to think about even now. It can be pretty scary in a sense. BUT... the good news is that my wife is amazing with kids/animals/etc, is really good at understanding body language and knows how to properly discipline and stuff like that which I have a pretty poor grasp on; so he just might turn out okay! @w@

Since you mentioned letting whatever happens happen, you would intervene if you thought your kid was getting into game series he's too young for, like Halo, Call of Duty, or Grand Theft Auto, right? I know it's not my place to ask that, but at the same time, I can't help but worry about how the next generation of kids will turn out (especially since I know some kids who got damaged badly by the wrong youtube videos).

I'd say your kid is in very good hands with you as his father, if you've got that much thought and concern for him. Sure, there will be slip ups and mistakes, but with the amount of worry and focus you have on him, I'm sure you'll be able to properly address whatever issues and problems come up.

Your kid is so cute!! It's going to be kind of a shame watching him grow up. I remember having that feeling with my younger siblings when they were growing up, even know I know that having them stay young forever wouldn't really be good for them.

5. Have you read any of Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)? If so, opinions?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Forgiveness or retribution?

On 3-3-2017 at 10:32 AM, BANRYU said:

Oops looks like the time's (almost??) up and I haven't answered these last two... aaagh rushrushrush

In case the interview ends before you could answer all the questions, you can still answer them in the days following the interview, so no worries about having to rush.

41 minutes ago, Hattusili I said:

5. Have you read any of Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)? If so, opinions?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Forgiveness or retribution?

In case the interview ends before you could answer all the questions, you can still answer them in the days following the interview, so no worries about having to rush.

5. Read The Hobbit and I liked it! That was a few years ago now but I suspect I'd still enjoy it about as much if I'd read it again. Would love to read the other Tolkien works, particularly the lesser-known stuff like the Silmarillion, if I had the time.

6. In a small, secluded community of myself, my immediate family, and all of our close friends, where everything we need is more or less within reach and needed interaction with everyone else was minimal. Wherever in the world that can be a reality lol. 

7. Fuck dude I got no desire to rule. If I was forced to through whatever means, I'd probably be a mix of both, mostly being passive except where matters of finding a suitable successor are concerned lol. I guess in a sense that would translate to active since I'd be choosing the political disposition of the next person to succeed me...?

8. Legal naturalism sounds pretty close to my self-proclaimed alignment of Neutral Good.

9. Depends on the act, the perpetrator, and the circumstances IMO. A low-income individual who steals bread to feed their kids would not get the same response as some asshole who steals bread because it's funny / to fuck with the story staff / etc, for instance. If forgiveness and rehabilitation is more likely to deter the act from being committed again then obviously that's the best solution in such a situation. If forgiveness is seen by the perpetrator as an admission or allowance of criminal acts, then obviously that's not the correct solution for that individual.

I think with that we're done, right? .3. Boy certainly got some interesting questions.

10. Do you plan on playing the older FE games?
11. Beards or no beards?
12. Do you have any knowledge of Roman history?
13. IF SO, favorite Roman Emperor?

49 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

5. Read The Hobbit and I liked it! That was a few years ago now but I suspect I'd still enjoy it about as much if I'd read it again. Would love to read the other Tolkien works, particularly the lesser-known stuff like the Silmarillion, if I had the time.

I think with that we're done, right? .3. Boy certainly got some interesting questions.

Wow, cool! If you ever decide to pick up Tolkien's books, I'd recommend you start with The Lord of the Rings. The Silmarillion is great, but it's tough to get through. I had to read it two times before I really understood what was going on.

Also, I always end interviews around the same time, so that everyone gets an equal amount of time. So you have about 8 hours left, but of course, it depends on if people still ask you questions.

Oh, times almost up!

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on Ests in Fire Emblem?

8: Opinion on Leo in Fates?

9: Opinion on the names Leo and Esther?

10: Favorite FE archetype?

11: Opinion on petticoats?

12: Opinion on kilts?

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Oh, times almost up!

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on Ests in Fire Emblem?

8: Opinion on Leo in Fates?

9: Opinion on the names Leo and Esther?

10: Favorite FE archetype?

11: Opinion on petticoats?

12: Opinion on kilts?

6: It's all right I suppose? I may not be the best person to ask since I have sort of a negative association with it through other people haha ;;

7: The only ones I've ever really tried to use are Nino and Sophia, and while I've never really succeeded at training NIno (was planning to try on my current/next run haha) and didn't get the chance to fully utilize Sophia, I kind of like the notion. It brings an extra element of self-imposed challenge if you decide to train them up and doing so can be rewarding. As a game design element, I think they're all right. As far as the characters themselves go, well... I think that their archetype might be part of the reason why Nino and Sophia are so popular haha.

8: Leo's a cool guy, I like him. He had some good moments, esp in Birthright, and IMO him and Takumi are among the best-developed of the Royal Sibs.

9: Heh I'm sensing some personal bias in this and the last two questions ;3 that's fine though xD They're good names IMO, cute for kids and strong names for adults as well. Esther gets some extra points for me because it's unusual and distinctive.

10: not sure? Looking at a list... Minervas and the 'knowledge-seeking dark mage' (which I don't think has a archetype name but seems fairly consistent, IE Raigh, Canas, Knoll, Nyx, and presumably Salem/Etzel) tend to be the ones I like most consistently haha. I suppose also the Merrics and 'yellow third-wheel cavaliers' (Kagero, Lowen, etc.)

11: Indifferent, honestly...? They can be cute, so if someone likes them I say wear what you like haha.

12: I like Irish stuff so they're cool by me lol. Much the same as above I say if you like'em then go for it.

12 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

10. Do you plan on playing the older FE games?
11. Beards or no beards?
12. Do you have any knowledge of Roman history?
13. IF SO, favorite Roman Emperor?

Wow, cool! If you ever decide to pick up Tolkien's books, I'd recommend you start with The Lord of the Rings. The Silmarillion is great, but it's tough to get through. I had to read it two times before I really understood what was going on.

Also, I always end interviews around the same time, so that everyone gets an equal amount of time. So you have about 8 hours left, but of course, it depends on if people still ask you questions.

10. I tried playing FE4 once but the weird interface (hard to read text on the menus and stuff) was a little intimidating for me and I chickened out ;; I went back and played FE6, but my computer crashed in the middle of the run and I lost it... don't really have much desire to replay due to how player-hostile and unforgiving it is unfortunately. Would like to play Shadow Dragon, but might also give FE3 a shot since it looks kinda cool. As for Gaiden and the Jugdral games, I feel more inclined to just wait for the remakes at this point.

11. Beards are cool. I can't  deal with the itchiness of growing one out myself personally (and I don't think I have the right genetics for a proper one anyway OTL)

12. Not a ton unfortunately sorry =3=;;

13. Not enough to answer this one I think x-x

Anyway thanks man! Dis been fun, and yeah I'll def start with LotR before I get into the crazier stuff xWx

YAY

now for opinions/impressions of the following:

a. ee06c1c24e.gif

b. e67647148a.gif

c. sukusuku hakutaku in general

d. yours truly

e. why are you a fei mao?

Edited by Lunafreya Fleuret

1. Cats or Corgis?

2. Have you ever had Paella? If so, what did you think of it? If not, would you try it?

3. What got you into SRW and which do you like the most? Also, do you like the crossovers or the OGverse more?

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would others describe you, personality-wise?

If you could fix one of your personality flaws, what would you fix?

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

What are your most unfavourite foods?

1. Favorite Rotom form? 

2. Favorite Eevee evolution? 

3. Have you seen "Wake that slugabed up!"?

4. Did you know "slugabed" was an actual word before Fates?

5. Do you own a cat?