SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

Nominations for #40 are open.
Nomination ends next Tuesday.

Announcements:

1. Shezzy is opting back in.

why keep the bold red rule, it was the least relevant thing as long as you make who you're voting remotely obvious

I have taken this into consideration and I've decided that I'll accept any nominations not conforming to the bold red rule, as long as it is clear who your nominations are, such to the judgement of the host (i.e. me). If your nominations aren't in bold red and it's not clear to me who you're nominating, then I won't count your nominations (and will inform you of that). But I don't think this should pose much of a problem.
Below my answers to the last questions.

1. How big are you on fighting games?

2. which are you best at?
3. Are you familiar with Dangan Ronpa?
4. Why are you so into all that history? (probably already asked by someone else, oops)
5. Favorite restaurant?
6. Favorite food?
7. Favorite confection/candy/whatever?
8. How big are you on gaming in general?
9. Same as above, but now anime?
10. First/current impressions?
11. How do you feel about taking up the interview thread?
12. Are you looking forward to its new future?

1. I want to try the Touhou ones someday.

2. N/A.

3. Nope.

4. It's just something I've always been interested in, and I decided to explore that interest. It's a fun field of study, and I think a lot of people underestimate its importance.

5. There's this one Mongolian grill restaurant I'm really fond of.

6. Pizza, probably, as simple as that is.

7. Uhh... does chocolate cake count?

8. I like gaming, but I've limited it to mostly FE and sometimes Touhou, due to priorities.

9. I don't watch anime.

10. First: You seemed pretty friendly and cool.

Current: You are really friendly and cool (can't forget to mention your healthy love of Ciryes).

11. It's nice. There's usually not much to it except updating it regularly, and since I'm very punctual, that should be no problem.

12. Yes. I hope the start of the second series has given it some new life.

16. What makes you think of martyrdom when you say diligence?

17. How much do you believe you have changed in the past year? Do you think you are better or worse than before?

18. What is justice to you?

19. Are mercy and forgiveness the same thing to you? Why or why not?

20. Is there a concept, a human ideal, that you disagree with?

21. What is one of your tenets?

22. What natural phenomena would you like to witness?

23. Why did you come to Serenes Forest and how do you feel about them now?

24. When all is said and done, will you have said more than you have done?

25. At the cost of any of your 5 senses, what super power would you grant anybody you knew and which sense would you sacrifice and why? (You cannot grant god-like powers, omnipotence, or anything that would restore your lost sense)

26. If you had a mystic animal as a pet/partner, what would it be and what would you name it?

27. What do you like about yourself?

28. You have one chance to use alchemy, what do you create with it?

29. What do you enjoy doing most? Have you done it lately? If not, why not?

30. Do you ask enough questions or are you satisfied with your current knowledge?

16. Persistency in one's beliefs.

17. A lot (see the big answer to Tristian's question), mostly for the better. I developed much on a social level and I'm starting to get my priorities more in order. But the battle against perfectionism has only just begun, so I'm looking forward to improving more in the future.

18. A concept that is very important yet very difficult to understand, and must therefore be approached with great care. Honesty, loyalty, equality and forgiveness are keywords in my concept of justice. It is important to withhold judgement until you have enough information. Once I've made my judgment though, I'm not quick to budge - although I never fully eliminate the possibility of forgiveness.

19. No, they are not. Mercy means restraining yourself from taking action against someone who has committed an injustice; forgiveness means lifting your negative judgment of such a person altogether.

20. Most human ideals have their merits. There are some ideals whose importance I think is exaggerated, but I don't disagree with them per se.

21. Honesty.

22. I don't know. The northern light (or whatever that's called in English) would be cool to see.

23. I feel like I've answered this question before. I was just an FE fan who found the site through searching on Google. I then started using it a lot as a resource. A few times my Google searches brought me to the forums. One of those times I suddenly got the thought: "I'm such an FE fan; I belong on this site," so I joined. Who is 'them' though?

24. I will have done more than I will have said, and I will have thought more than I will have done.

25. I'll sacrifice my smell to give someone the ability to tell if someone is speaking the truth.

26. I'd have a sphinx and name it William.

27. I'm smart and helpful. I have strong principles (though I should be more decisive).

28. Happiness.

29. My problem is that I enjoy too many things too much. But I think playing Fire Emblem is what I enjoy doing the most. I do that every day if I have the time for it.

30. I always keep asking questions.

That seems like US history classes haha. I'm guessing every country has that problem with their history classes?

You know, like Dungeons and Dragons? o:

After Japanese, are you planning to tackle another language? If so, which one?

Ever had a lychee?

How about cassava?

If you could only study the history of one country in South America, which one would it be?

Imagine that a highly powerful being appeared in front of you one day and made this proposal: In exchange for your voice, you will gain the ability to instantly understand any written language you see. What would you do?

I guess so. It lines up with my expectations.

Oh, I don't play those.

First I'm going to focus on actually being able to understand all the text I see in the Japanese games I'm playing. After that, I think I'm going to go back to improve my Latin, because I'm not satisfied with what high school taught me.

No.

No.

Er... I don't know.

I'd accept the offer. I feel like I read more than I speak already; being able to understand any written language would just be great. Sure, I'd lose my voice, but I'd still be able to communicate in writing, though it's an imperfect form of communication.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF Interview #40: Crizix
Interview ends on 04/10/2015.

Final nomination count:

7: Crizix
6: Proto
6: BLS
3: Shezzy
2: Elieson
2: Charlie
1: Shadowofchaos
1: EmeraldFox
1: DavidSW
1: Nexas
1: Quintessence
1: Aquakat
1: Sorin
1: Ritisa

Crizix wins.

Ask away.

1. Favorite color?

2. Whats your favorite thing to do on a lazy sunday afternoon?

3. THE YE OLD, first and current impressions of me? :P:

4. What got you into gaming?

5. What type of flower would you be?