SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1a. What do you do for a living?

or

1b. What do you want to do for a living?

2. How’s life?

3. What music do you like?

4. If you watch anime, what anime do you like?

5. What about Western cartoons and not Eastern cartoons?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interview? I would love to participate! Thanks to everyone who nominated me!

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

1a. What do you do for a living?

or

1b. What do you want to do for a living?

2. How’s life?

3. What music do you like?

4. If you watch anime, what anime do you like?

5. What about Western cartoons and not Eastern cartoons?

1a. I am a current college student with a Japanese Language major. I am considering applying for a double major in English as well, but I am still on the fence. I have always been good at language classes, writing, etc. in high school, so math or science-related majors were out.

1b. Once I graduate, I want to work in Japan as an English teacher. My preferred grade level would probably be high school due to the increased challenge and possibly pay, but I wouldn't mind elementary or middle school.

2. Life? Honestly, life is pretty decent! Baseball season has started up, and my beloved Philadelphia Phillies are 3-0 to start the season. Classes are a bit stressful, but I am getting through them. I am glad that I have Serenes Forest to unwind and write about one of my favorite video games series. Other than that, life is pretty uneventful.

3. I LOVE music. Growing up in a band room throughout middle and high school, one of my favorite genres of music has always been Classical. I love listening to violin and piano music; it is very relaxing. However, some of my other top favorite genres would have to City Pop (Japanese 80's music), Classic American Rock, and modern J-Pop. I only recently got into City Pop, but I have always loved Classic Rock thanks to the countless times I played Rock Band with my older brother when we were kids. The Doors would probably be one of my favorite groups from that era.

4. Since childhood, Anime has always had a special place in my heart. We my brother and I were like 5-6 years old, we would always watch Pokemon together with our trusty VHS tapes. One of the first "modern", if you will, Anime that my brother and I watched together was "YuruYuri". I loved watching it, and my love only grew from there. We played "Hyperdimension Neptunia" together and still follow "Love!Live!" to this day. I haven't really watched THAT much Anime, but my favorites would probably be "Hyperdimension Neptunia", "Love!Live!", and "CLANNAD". I absolutely love the older style artwork of past Anime. Like the old Fire Emblem games for example! My college friends and I even watch "Yu Yu Hakusho" on occasion.

5. Growing up, I LOVED "Avatar: The Last Airbender"! I always looked forward to watching it on Nickelodeon on the weekends. I never took an interest in "The Legend of Korra", but I loved all three seasons of its prequel series. 

6. Have you already been to Japan before?

7. Have any thoughts on Touhou?

8. Have you ever been to any gaming/anime conventions?

9. Any moments you have been like “Now this is podracing!” (A synonymous phrase with “Okay, this is epic.”)

10. Favorite meme?

On 4/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, FE_McFly said:

An interview? I would love to participate! Thanks to everyone who nominated me!

1a. I am a current college student with a Japanese Language major. I am considering applying for a double major in English as well, but I am still on the fence. I have always been good at language classes, writing, etc. in high school, so math or science-related majors were out.

1b. Once I graduate, I want to work in Japan as an English teacher. My preferred grade level would probably be high school due to the increased challenge and possibly pay, but I wouldn't mind elementary or middle school.

2. Life? Honestly, life is pretty decent! Baseball season has started up, and my beloved Philadelphia Phillies are 3-0 to start the season. Classes are a bit stressful, but I am getting through them. I am glad that I have Serenes Forest to unwind and write about one of my favorite video games series. Other than that, life is pretty uneventful.

3. I LOVE music. Growing up in a band room throughout middle and high school, one of my favorite genres of music has always been Classical. I love listening to violin and piano music; it is very relaxing. However, some of my other top favorite genres would have to City Pop (Japanese 80's music), Classic American Rock, and modern J-Pop. I only recently got into City Pop, but I have always loved Classic Rock thanks to the countless times I played Rock Band with my older brother when we were kids. The Doors would probably be one of my favorite groups from that era.

4. Since childhood, Anime has always had a special place in my heart. We my brother and I were like 5-6 years old, we would always watch Pokemon together with our trusty VHS tapes. One of the first "modern", if you will, Anime that my brother and I watched together was "YuruYuri". I loved watching it, and my love only grew from there. We played "Hyperdimension Neptunia" together and still follow "Love!Live!" to this day. I haven't really watched THAT much Anime, but my favorites would probably be "Hyperdimension Neptunia", "Love!Live!", and "CLANNAD". I absolutely love the older style artwork of past Anime. Like the old Fire Emblem games for example! My college friends and I even watch "Yu Yu Hakusho" on occasion.

5. Growing up, I LOVED "Avatar: The Last Airbender"! I always looked forward to watching it on Nickelodeon on the weekends. I never took an interest in "The Legend of Korra", but I loved all three seasons of its prequel series. 

4 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

6. Have you already been to Japan before?

7. Have any thoughts on Touhou?

8. Have you ever been to any gaming/anime conventions?

9. Any moments you have been like “Now this is podracing!” (A synonymous phrase with “Okay, this is epic.”)

10. Favorite meme?

6. Yes! I was fortunate enough to visit Japan with my father when I was a junior in high school. I visited Tokyo and Kyoto and spend about one week in Japan all together. It was a very rewarding experience and it reaffirmed my desire to someday live in a big city.

7. I personally do not have any thoughts on Touhou. Because I have never really watched/played/listened to it, I don't really have any positive or negative feedback about it.

8. Yes! I have been to Anime Midwest a few times with my older brother. I intend on going again this May and I may actually have a costume this time. My friend/ex-roommate is a very talented costume artist and has crafted many different costumes throughout the years. He is currently in the process of creating a Marth costume for me. But even when I didn't cosplay, I have always enjoyed seeing what kind of booths/merchandise the conventions have.

9. I would say some of my more recent "prodacing" moments in my life include the time I:

• Got three straight Five-Star free summons in a row in Heroes (Sword Reinhardt, Sigurd, and Laegjarn).
  • Beat Reinhardt in Thracia 776.
  • Watched a 19 hour speedrun of Werster getting all Gold Symbols in Pokemon Emerald.
  • Read (some of) the Fire Emblem 4 manga.

10. Unfortunately, my knowledge of memes is very limited, but I died laughing when I saw the "Yeet Patrol and Thot Patrol Join Alliances" meme for the first time. I also really like the "Okay, this is Epic" meme. And of course, there are plenty of Fire Emblem memes I enjoy.

Interesting maneuver, wouldn't you say?

1: What are your first/current impressions of Rezzy?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

5 hours ago, Little Princess said:
  1. How do you pronounce Lewyn? 
  2. What would be a good remake of FE4 for you? 
  3. What is your favorite moment in FE4? 
  4. What has been the happiest day in your life yet? 
  5. Any other (strategical) JRPGs aside of Fire Emblem you enjoy? 

1. Ohhhh pronunciations....One of my favorite parts of Fire Emblem. I personally pronounce it as Leh-win. As in Leh like in left, and win like in winner. Though I know some may pronounce it like Levin as in Levin Sword. To each is own, in my opinion.

2. Any remake of FE4 would be marvelous in my opinion, but I would love to see improved character relations throughout the story. For example, in the FE4 manga, I was amazed to see how many different character bonds and relationships there were compared to the game. Lex and Ayra had a relationship, Jamke and Edain's relationship was exemplified, and Shannan had a larger "screen time", if you will. I would love to see these bonds and story elements transfer over to a remake of FE4. With cut scenes and voice-acting, it could be something really special!

3. My favorite moment in FE4 would probably have to be the moment in chapter 5 when Sigurd orders Shannan and Oifey to take the newborn Seliph and escape the fighting in Grannvale. I was so sad when I saw this happen, because it meant that Seliph, Oifey, and Shannan would probably never see their master again. Not only that, with their escape, the founding forces of the Liberation Army in the second generation would retreat to establish their foothold in Isaac. However, it was more sad than anything else considering the events that transpired at the end of the chapter. Still, it is undoubtedly one of my favorite moments in the game. 

4. The happiest day in my life would probably be the day that my brother introduced me to "Hyperdimension Neptunia". It seems kind of strange that something as simple as being shown a video game would be the happiest day of my life, but it set in stone many important events in my life to follow. Back then, I was only a high schooler who was CONVINCED that Computer Science was the best major for me. However, when my brother and I started spending time and bonding over this game and other pieces of Japanese culture, I realized just how happy it made me. I was always looking forward to the day when we could bond over something else from Japan. Whether it was history, culture, or the language itself, those moments made me realize that I wanted to someday work in Japan and spend my life there. Of course, there were other factors, such as the fact that I always loved my language and English classes in high school, or the fact that I loved the idea of becoming an English teacher in Japan, but that day when my brother and I started to bond over the culture of Japan is what really started it. It is one of the fondest memories I can think of from my life. 

5. In terms of other Strategy JRPGs, I have always wanted to play Valkyria Chronicles and its sequel. I think I will someday, but for now, I am focusing on Fire Emblem. 

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

1: What are your first/current impressions of Rezzy?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1. Rezzy seems like a really cool person! I first heard of her when I was watching Mangs' YouTube channel. If I remember correctly, she is one of Mangs' supporters on Patreon. And then, if my memory serves me well, I saw her in Mangs' Fire Emblem 7 PME. I first saw her on Serenes Forest when I created a topic regarding the 2019 MLB season. She always provides wonderful insight about her favorite team and about MLB as a whole. She also has great insight about the Fire Emblem franchise, too. I think she is a wonderful member of the community!

2. My dream in life is to become a full-fledged English teacher in a Japanese high school. I hope to teach my students all about the wonderful language of English and how it can help them become successful in their futures. I hope to be a teacher who is passionate about helping students grow and be successful throughout high school and even onto college. I know from experience that English can be difficult, so I want to always make a point to be available should my students need help. If they need assistance with English, other classes, or if they just advice on life, I will most certainly lend them my ear and give them my best possible advice. Overall, I just hope to be someone whom my students can respect, count on, and admire. If any of my students come back to speak with me about their lives long after they graduate, I will be so happy. That way, I will know that I had left a positive mark on at least one of the lives of my students when they were in high school. That is my ultimate aspiration.

3. Because I hope to become a teacher someday, my thoughts on children are very positive. I love being around children and watching them live their lives that I once lived myself. As part of a senior project in high school, I had the pleasure of being able to go back to my 3rd grade class with my exact same teacher and act as an assistant teacher for the class. I already knew that I wanted to teach students, but that teaching experience left me feeling even more confident about my future dream. The children were so bright-eyed and willing to learn; whether it was from me or the actual teacher. In between classes, they asked me what it was like to be high school student. "Do the kids use swear words?" or "We just did D.A.R.E. Do the students in high school smoke or do drugs?" were some of their painfully (yet adorably) innocent questions. While the answers may have been true, it just proved to me that I need to be a responsible and respectful adult figure for MY future students. As for children of my own, I am still just a college student, but I do hope to have a child someday. The name will obviously depend on who I end up marrying (considering I will living in working in Japan), but I have always loved the names Cecilia and Erika (I swear I liked these names before I got into Fire Emblem), as well as Edgar and Samuel.

4. As a long-time fan of Final Fantasy, I have memories of playing some of the original six games. In particular, I LOVED 5 and 6. Though, Final Fantasy 6 is my all-time favorite in the series. However, much to the disagree of many, I am adamant that Final Fantasy 13 is a great game in the series! I know there are a lot of common complaints about the game, but I honestly fail to find that many. I love the art-style and the characters, the graphics and cut scenes are absolutely gorgeous, and the game's paradigm systems provide an interesting layer of strategy! My favorite aspect about it though has got to be the music...That score is magnificent. "Blinded by Light", "The Sunleth Waterscape", and "Fabula Nova Crystallis" are some of the best pieces I have heard in the series. Haters may hate on it, but my adventure along the L'Cie was one of my favorites in the Final Fantasy franchise.

5. Time to talk Pokemon. Yes, I really don't like one of the beloved games in the series. Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon and I enjoyed every game I played...for the most part. Everyone has their "gen" that they think is the worst, and I have mine as well. I really didn't care for Pokemon X and Y. Yes, I know it brought 3D models to the main series and all that fun stuff, but that really didn't make me like the games better. I GREATLY prefer the sprites over the newer 3D models. I despised the introduction of Mega Evolutions, I despised the starters, I despised Team Flare, and I despised the new rivals. The post-game was absolute garbage in my opinion, and I found myself quitting early after I beat the Pokemon League. I will admit though, I LOVED the new legendary Pokemon: Xerneas and Yveltal. Other than that, I can honestly say that my journey through Kalos was not a memorable one. 

On 3/26/2019 at 4:16 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yo, hear me out. The Rock breaks into your home in the middle of night and tells you that he's going to use his magical fairy powers to personify one food item into a significant other for you. Which food item do you spend the rest of your life with, and why?

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Bread Pudding.

My all-time favorite desert is something I cherish every time I buy it. Whether I get with Vanilla ice cream on top, or with apples and cinnamon on the bottom, it is an absolute treat.

I would obviously love my significant other for who she is, but if the Rock suddenly turned her into Bread Pudding, then I think my life would certainly become a bit sweeter...

I'll see myself out.

1. What's the worst thing you did as a kid?

2. Have you read a particularly good book recently?

3. What living person, other than family members, do you most admire?

4. If you had to wear one Halloween costume every day for the rest of your life, what would you be?

5. If you had all the money, time, and creative freedom you could ever ask for to get something made, what would it be?

6: Is Lewyn not pronounced "Loo-in"?

7: Who is your favorite current baseball player?

8: Who is your favorite retired baseball player?

9: How many different ballparks have you been to, if any?

10: What are the biggest surprise(s) for you of the current, young baseball season?

Nominations for #217 are open.
Nomination ends on Tuesday.

FE_McFly may answer the remaining questions.

Let's continue the experiment to see how much interest there is in re-interviews. Here are the rules.
In addition to your 2 'normal' nominations, during this nomination phase you may also nominate a maximum of 2 people who have already been interviewed. Anyone who has not been interviewed since Interview #167 is eligible for these re-interview nominations.
So you get a total of 4 votes
: 2 for people who have not yet been interviewed, and 2 for people who haven't been interviewed since Interview #167.
On Tuesday I'll count up all the votes and, depending on how much interest there is in re-interviews compared to regular interviews, either make Interview #167 a regular interview or a re-interview.
If interest in re-interviews is big enough compared to interest in regular interviews, I'll change the rules to allow more re-interviews. 

On 4/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, Emperor_Siegfried said:

1. What's the worst thing you did as a kid?

2. Have you read a particularly good book recently?

3. What living person, other than family members, do you most admire?

4. If you had to wear one Halloween costume every day for the rest of your life, what would you be?

5. If you had all the money, time, and creative freedom you could ever ask for to get something made, what would it be?

1. The worst thing that I can remember doing as a child would probably date all of the way back to when I was a 3rd grade student in elementary school. I remember sitting at my lunch table with my friends having a wonderful and fun-filled time. It only got more enjoyable when my stupid 9-year old mind decided to flip off all of my friends. Back then, I was very stupid when it came to gestures and words that were not allowed. Flipping the bird was one of those gestures. I just decided to do it out of the blue and my friends, wide-eyed, burst out laughing. Naturally, I continued to do it without thinking about what I was even doing. The fun ended when I turned and saw a teacher staring at me. I was later sent to the principal's office and, in an outburst of tears, I claimed I did not know the meaning of the gesture. I will always remember that as the day when I learned the hard way about sticking out your middle finger.

2. I normally HATE reading despite my love for writing, but I recently had to read Homer's The Odyssey in my Heritage class. I was actually excited to read it due to my love for history and epics. My trust in the story was not misplaced. I absolutely fell in love with the plot, characters, and overall atmosphere. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who loves fiction. Actually, I would recommend it to anyone who loves to read. I hate reading and I still loved it.

3. Some of my biggest role models in life would have to be my head Japanese professors. I have a few different professors who took me under their tutelage, but all of them have been incredibly helpful in creating a path for my future in Japan, getting through classes, and even just providing me with helpful advice on life. I have learned so much from them so far, and I hope to learn even more. Without them, I would most likely be unaware of the actions I need to take in order to make my dreams come true. Thanks to them, I have an idea of what my future will look like. Where I will living, whether of not I should attend graduate school, how much money I would be making; these are just a few of the helpful pieces of information I learned from my professors. I am so grateful for their support and guidance.

4. Prince Marth. No question. He was the first Fire Emblem character I ever saw thanks to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I am actually currently in the process of having my friend create a Marth costume for me for conventions. I intend on wearing it for Halloween as well, of course. I loved Halloween growing up, so I would love to do it again someday. 

5. If I had all of those incredible blessings, I would probably use them to improve and refurbish the high school from which I graduated, as well as use it to help my students when I work as a teacher in Japan. I was fortunate enough to have wonderful teachers in high school. Many of them are great role models of mine! However, I have always felt that my school was very behind in terms of modernization and technological advances. The school itself is over 100 years old and it shows in many areas. If I could, I would like to help make it into a better area for students to learn and prosper. This includes making the school larger, more modern, have better cafeteria food, and of course, have a large variety of courses. I would love to enhance the language department in particular. Add more languages, provide the teachers with more materials, and even offer study abroad trips. However, if I could improve all of the other departments, I would love to do that as well. When I graduate, I hope to become an English teacher at a Japanese high school. I hope to do everything in my power to help my students become better English speakers, but if I had unlimited money and time, I would undoubtedly devote it to helping my students. I would provide them with study materials, extra learning opportunities, and maybe even field trips. Anything that I can do to help my students. 

On 4/3/2019 at 11:09 PM, FE_McFly said:

1. Rezzy seems like a really cool person! I first heard of her when I was watching Mangs' YouTube channel. If I remember correctly, she is one of Mangs' supporters on Patreon. And then, if my memory serves me well, I saw her in Mangs' Fire Emblem 7 PME. I first saw her on Serenes Forest when I created a topic regarding the 2019 MLB season. She always provides wonderful insight about her favorite team and about MLB as a whole. She also has great insight about the Fire Emblem franchise, too. I think she is a wonderful member of the community!

2. My dream in life is to become a full-fledged English teacher in a Japanese high school. I hope to teach my students all about the wonderful language of English and how it can help them become successful in their futures. I hope to be a teacher who is passionate about helping students grow and be successful throughout high school and even onto college. I know from experience that English can be difficult, so I want to always make a point to be available should my students need help. If they need assistance with English, other classes, or if they just advice on life, I will most certainly lend them my ear and give them my best possible advice. Overall, I just hope to be someone whom my students can respect, count on, and admire. If any of my students come back to speak with me about their lives long after they graduate, I will be so happy. That way, I will know that I had left a positive mark on at least one of the lives of my students when they were in high school. That is my ultimate aspiration.

3. Because I hope to become a teacher someday, my thoughts on children are very positive. I love being around children and watching them live their lives that I once lived myself. As part of a senior project in high school, I had the pleasure of being able to go back to my 3rd grade class with my exact same teacher and act as an assistant teacher for the class. I already knew that I wanted to teach students, but that teaching experience left me feeling even more confident about my future dream. The children were so bright-eyed and willing to learn; whether it was from me or the actual teacher. In between classes, they asked me what it was like to be high school student. "Do the kids use swear words?" or "We just did D.A.R.E. Do the students in high school smoke or do drugs?" were some of their painfully (yet adorably) innocent questions. While the answers may have been true, it just proved to me that I need to be a responsible and respectful adult figure for MY future students. As for children of my own, I am still just a college student, but I do hope to have a child someday. The name will obviously depend on who I end up marrying (considering I will living in working in Japan), but I have always loved the names Cecilia and Erika (I swear I liked these names before I got into Fire Emblem), as well as Edgar and Samuel.

4. As a long-time fan of Final Fantasy, I have memories of playing some of the original six games. In particular, I LOVED 5 and 6. Though, Final Fantasy 6 is my all-time favorite in the series. However, much to the disagree of many, I am adamant that Final Fantasy 13 is a great game in the series! I know there are a lot of common complaints about the game, but I honestly fail to find that many. I love the art-style and the characters, the graphics and cut scenes are absolutely gorgeous, and the game's paradigm systems provide an interesting layer of strategy! My favorite aspect about it though has got to be the music...That score is magnificent. "Blinded by Light", "The Sunleth Waterscape", and "Fabula Nova Crystallis" are some of the best pieces I have heard in the series. Haters may hate on it, but my adventure along the L'Cie was one of my favorites in the Final Fantasy franchise.

5. Time to talk Pokemon. Yes, I really don't like one of the beloved games in the series. Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon and I enjoyed every game I played...for the most part. Everyone has their "gen" that they think is the worst, and I have mine as well. I really didn't care for Pokemon X and Y. Yes, I know it brought 3D models to the main series and all that fun stuff, but that really didn't make me like the games better. I GREATLY prefer the sprites over the newer 3D models. I despised the introduction of Mega Evolutions, I despised the starters, I despised Team Flare, and I despised the new rivals. The post-game was absolute garbage in my opinion, and I found myself quitting early after I beat the Pokemon League. I will admit though, I LOVED the new legendary Pokemon: Xerneas and Yveltal. Other than that, I can honestly say that my journey through Kalos was not a memorable one. 

23 hours ago, Rezzy said:

6: Is Lewyn not pronounced "Loo-in"?

7: Who is your favorite current baseball player?

8: Who is your favorite retired baseball player?

9: How many different ballparks have you been to, if any?

10: What are the biggest surprise(s) for you of the current, young baseball season?

6. Honestly, I am unsure as to what the proper pronunciation is. I was curious, so I went to HowToPronounce.com. There are many different iterations: English, French, and Swedish. The English and French pronunciations do indeed pronounce it as "Loo-in". On the other hand, the Swedish pronunciation is "Leh-vin". I lean towards this pronunciation because it matches that of the original Japanese katakana ( レヴィン - Re-vi-n), and also because the game was based around Norse culture and mythology; a culture that Sweden adopted long ago. However, I understand that everyone has their own preferred pronunciation.

7. My favorite baseball player would probably have to be the Phillies current 1st baseman: #17 Rhys Hoskins. I had the pleasure of watching him play back when the Phillies were still in their rebuild phase a few years ago, and I thought he was amazing. He also is such a great team player as well. He was probably the face of that team a few years ago, but now Bryce Harper has entered the mix. Not only was Rhys excited, but he also hyped the crap out of Harper. I still think he is a great representative for that team even with Harper in the spotlight. I also love Aaron Nola, one of the Phillies' better starting pitchers. I thought he performed excellently last year in the Cy Young race, and I LOVED how he signed an extension with the team.

8. My favorite retired player would probably have to be Chase Utley. Unfortunately, I never took an interest in baseball back when the Phillies won the World Series back in 2008, but I remember how often my mother would talk about Chase Utley around the house. I could only watch as he played for the Dodgers all these years later, but I was fortunate enough to watch his return to Philadelphia on TV last year when he announced his retirement. I hope to enjoy this year's Phillies team like my mother did back in 08' through 11'.

9. Regrettably, I have only been to three different ballparks all together. Chicago's Wrigley Field, Dallas' Globe Life Park, and Philadelphia's Citizen's Band Park. While all of these parks are excellent, I REALLY want to visit other parks around the country. There are so many other cool parks I want to see, such as Pittsburgh's PNC Park.

10. My biggest shocks so far this season would have to be the Cubs' and Red Sox's slow starts. Both of these teams are clearly capable of playing great baseball, but they have some issues that need to be fixed. I am sure both teams will find their way out of their slumps, but I am still shocked to see them play like this.

@BLSoldier for a renomination

4 minutes ago, FE_McFly said:

6. Honestly, I am unsure as to what the proper pronunciation is. I was curious, so I went to HowToPronounce.com. There are many different iterations: English, French, and Swedish. The English and French pronunciations do indeed pronounce it as "Loo-in". On the other hand, the Swedish pronunciation is "Leh-vin". I lean towards this pronunciation because it matches that of the original Japanese katakana ( レヴィン - Re-vi-n), and also because the game was based around Norse culture and mythology; a culture that Sweden adopted long ago. However, I understand that everyone has their own preferred pronunciation.

7. My favorite baseball player would probably have to be the Phillies current 1st baseman: #17 Rhys Hoskins. I had the pleasure of watching him play back when the Phillies were still in their rebuild phase a few years ago, and I thought he was amazing. He also is such a great team player as well. He was probably the face of that team a few years ago, but now Bryce Harper has entered the mix. Not only was Rhys excited, but he also hyped the crap out of Harper. I still think he is a great representative for that team even with Harper in the spotlight. I also love Aaron Nola, one of the Phillies' better starting pitchers. I thought he performed excellently last year in the Cy Young race, and I LOVED how he signed an extension with the team.

8. My favorite retired player would probably have to be Chase Utley. Unfortunately, I never took an interest in baseball back when the Phillies won the World Series back in 2008, but I remember how often my mother would talk about Chase Utley around the house. I could only watch as he played for the Dodgers all these years later, but I was fortunate enough to watch his return to Philadelphia on TV last year when he announced his retirement. I hope to enjoy this year's Phillies team like my mother did back in 08' through 11'.

9. Regrettably, I have only been to three different ballparks all together. Chicago's Wrigley Field, Dallas' Globe Life Park, and Philadelphia's Citizen's Band Park. While all of these parks are excellent, I REALLY want to visit other parks around the country. There are so many other cool parks I want to see, such as Pittsburgh's PNC Park.

10. My biggest shocks so far this season would have to be the Cubs' and Red Sox's slow starts. Both of these teams are clearly capable of playing great baseball, but they have some issues that need to be fixed. I am sure both teams will find their way out of their slumps, but I am still shocked to see them play like this.

I've only been to 3 ballparks as well, Wrigley, Busch II, and Busch III.  I probably could have gone to Progressive Field to see a game when I was living in Cleveland briefly, because it was literally right there, and I drove past it all the time, but due to being crazy busy at the time, I never found time to go see a game.

19 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

1. Which FE games have you played?
2. What makes Genealogy your favorite FE game?
3. Besides English and Japanese, do you speak any other languages?
4. Do you ever ride a bike?
5. What made you join SF?

1. Completed FE games: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Genealogy of the Holy War, Binding Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Awakening, Fates: Birthright, Echoes

Currently Playing: Mystery of the Emblem (just started), Thracia 776 (almost finished), Blazing Sword (have only beaten Lyn mode), Radiant Dawn (just started), Fates: Revelation (just   started)

Haven't touched: OG Gaiden, Fates: Conquest

2. There a LOT of reasons why Genealogy of the Holy War is my favorite. For starters, the Super Famicom is my all-time favorite console. There are a lot of other games on the system that I love. The music is amazing. Yuka Tsujiyoko did an incredible job with the score. Every chapter has its own unique theme, every army has its own unique theme, and overall, it has that amazing Super Famicom sound quality I love to death. The incredibly diverse and overarching character structure is my all-time favorite in the series. I love the Bloodlines system so much. The player can control units who are descendants of the legendary 12 Crusaders and receive special powers as a result, while still being able to battle some of the other descendants of these Crusaders. I absolutely LOVE how diverse the characters and their development throughout the story are! The gameplay brought many series staples such as the famous Weapon Triangle, and (if I am correct) the red attack range squares. In terms of design and art, I have always loved that classic Anime art style from the 80s' and 90s'. Genealogy of the Holy has some of my favorite character designs in the series. Because there are so many different colors and designs for each character, I found myself taking an interest in every single character, regardless of whether or not I benched them! Combine all of this with the tie-in to Thracia 776, and you have my all-time favorite Fire Emblem game.

3. When I was in high school, I unfortunately did not have many options in terms of learning a second language. I was required to take a foreign language, but I could only choose between Spanish and German. I chose German and took language classes for 2 years. I enjoyed it, but I didn't want to take any more classes after my sophomore year. However, if I ever want to another language outside of Japanese, I would definitely choose German.

4. I love riding my bicycle when I am able to. Unfortunately, I did not bring my bike with me to college, but I do enjoy riding it whenever I return home.

5. I decided to join Serenes Forest about 5 months ago because I really wanted to join a whole community that shared a similar interest with me. I have a few friends from high school who like Fire Emblem, but I am unable to talk with them on a regular basis. With Serenes Forest, I can write about my favorite topics in Fire Emblem and listen to the opinions of the other members. I can also view the topics of other members and provide my own feedback. I am so happy that I decided to join. It has been a very rewarding and enjoyable experience!