3. Do you often cheat death
  4. Why'd you get into Archery
  5. Do you enjoy duck meat

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Do you read Awkward Zombie? If so, favorite comic?
  7. Do you read any webcomics?
  8. Favorite Newspaper comic?
  9. Trampolines. Like/dislike/don’t care for them?
  10.  First/Current impressions on the Three Houses?

1. There was a point where my chemistry specialization was shut down due to governmental budget cuts (did I ever mention I hate politicians?) and I was shifted to pathology mid-semester as a result. I learnt two very useful pieces of information. One was how to identitify blood type (and consequently my own in the process) and the other was that I hated doing pathology.

2. The Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads. Literally, after all the hype I expected more... yet when I finally got to it I cleared it first try. At this stage I can do it on one life if I'm on a good run. My reflexes have come in handy in reality too. There was an incident where I stepped on a venomous snake in the dark. I was able to realize what it was and dodge it's strike despite my inability to see it.

3. Earthworm Jim 3D. I don't want to like what it is, so much as I wish it was a game I liked. But the damn thing turned into a bit of a train wreck and every attempt I've had at playing it has ended in a migraine. I know that it's a fairly popular opinion it's a bad game but I'd just have liked a 3D collect-a-thon with a favourite 16-bit era character to be good. Also the fact it inevitably lead to the character being in limbo for years doesn't help.

4. Maximo and the Army of Zin. The Maximo series was a kind of spin-off on the Ghosts 'n' Goblins franchise... and the first two games in the series each set up for sequels. Then the second game didn't actually sell well enough to get that sequel, so Capcom, being Capcom left that open ending very open. Unanswered questions never to be resolved. Given I like my Ghosts 'n' Goblins stuff (a learned trait given my mother was one of those people who could beat the original. I often joke I only date women who can), it's a thing that has bothered me ever since.

5. I'm one of the few people who never really touched them. Seems weird but long story short one of my brothers had the game and there was quite a bit of bad blood between the two of us at the time.

6. I think I've read a couple. Specifically the storyline with Roy trying to get back into Smash comes to mind. That's the right series right?

7. Speaking of Smash, I read Brawl in the Family when that was a thing. Literally the only reason I remotely care about Waluigi in smash is the ridiculous characterization in the series. Funny that.

8. Don't know if it's in the US, but The Phantom. It's meant to be serious, and consequently has lengthy stories, but the three panel at a time format results in things happening so out of context it becomes hilarious due to the absolute lack of context, and unintentional absurdity trumps any regular absurdity.

9. Haven't touched them since I was a kid, but my grandparents had two. Besides that there were the ones with the harnesses that you could get on at events (shows as we call them) for a fee, and jump away for some amount of time. Doing flips on those was pretty great back in the day.

10. "Please don't be a high-school teacher-student romance sim". "This is starting to remind me of Genealogy for some reason"

18 hours ago, Pengaius said:
  • Pettiest thing you've ever done
  • Pettiest thing ever done to you
  • Do you often cheat death
  • Why'd you get into Archery
  • Do you enjoy duck meat

1. Possibly the time my calculator was stolen from my bag in high-school. So I traded a USB full of roms for it back. Schmuck fell for it and didn't realize I'd left a program on there disguised as a Final Fantasy VI rom (he was big on the series) that was written to open every file on the computer. At once. This invariably resulted in a crash. What I could not suspect was that he'd proceed to never gather it always happened from that one game, and that he ended up doing it continously.Often on school computers.

Spoiler

It's a long story, but back when I was a kid I gave that specific brother I have bad blood with my copy of Pokemon Yellow because at the time, I had Blue, my next Brother had Red, and Apeboy was about 2 years old (so there's this third brother between the one who had Red and apeboy). The next year Pokemon Gold and Silver came out, and I was given Gold as a present, and Silver was given to the brother who had Red, because my grandparents were of the opinion said brother was too young to enjoy them because he couldn't read (which was true). Instead of being thankful, he used this as an argument to hate me (because he feels that copy of Gold should have been his) that lasts literally to this day to the point where he bitches about me doing this to anyone who listens, while claiming I was somehow aware of the consequences of my act of kindness in advance. This has resulted in years of transgressions both passive (like ignoring my request to help remove the snake I'd stepped on in that story I mentioned to Hawkwing, which had at that point slithered under the chair he was on), and aggressive (vandalizing my stuff, stealing my stuff, getting apeboy to hate me for years culminating in a fight where I lost half a tooth, his own botched attack on me with a pipe where I wrestled the pipe off him and hit him with it,etc). I've voiced disdain for Lentzenheimer, and this guy is unironically where that comes from. He's my own Lentzenheimer. Except I have to live with him. Thankfully, ever since he had a falling out with both other brothers over equally petty things years ago, he lost his ability to be confrontational because he lost the (manipulatable) muscle backing up his schemes. The former, he sucker punched for not splitting a burger that said brother had bought. Apeboy on the other hand, he made the mistake of suckerpunching (yes, suckerpunching a light heavyweight boxer who at that stage was unbeaten. He really is that dumb) over not selling some yu-gi-oh card to him so he could play "professionally". He also harasses the hell out of my mother. Consequently, he's pretty much the black sheep of the family over his bullshit antics, which I could fill a book with. At this stage without anyone to trick into fights with me because they all see he's full of shit as an outhouse belonging to a family of thirteen with irritable bowel, the only thing he's game to do is bitch to my mother any time she picks up fast food for me. Regardless of the fact I'm paying.

So, the tl;dr version is that my asshole brother has hated me since 2000 over GIVING him a copy of Pokemon Yellow, and done everything in his power to make my life worse. Lentzenheimer IRL. Or Narcian on steroids for those who don't know Lentzenheimer.

3. Not often. The snake is about the closest other time I can recall if we discount the ribcage/glass incident.

4. Archery kind of runs in the family. My grandfather, father, mother, and all three brothers have history with it. Besides that, at that age I'd been playing the "Captain America and the Avengers" game on the Mega Drive with my father. Hawkeye had a bow and arrows. I couldn't replicate Captain America's shield, or Iron Man's armor, or being an Android like the Vision. But Hawkeye's bow and arrows? Damn it I could learn that then.

5. Never had it. I think I like ducks too much. Then again I've got a rooster that falls asleep in my lap, and yet I still eat chicken. Double standards are funny.

Edit: I just realized when I answered the question about Batman, I never discussed my opinion the real strength of the character lies in his vibrant rogues gallery. See it's my belief the better a character's villains are, the better their stories tend to be. For those of us familiar with a certain LP, Runan and Holmes routes are a perfect showcase of this. While Runan gets memorable foes like Codha, Lentzenheimer, Barbossa, the Condor Squad, Pavlov and others... Holmes is primarily monsters with the occasional stand-out like Pike/Parker here and there. For those less familiar, an example would be comparing the villains of Binding Blade, Fe7, or Sacred Stones with those of Fire Emblem Fates. Characters like Murdock, Nergal, Selena, Linus, Lloyd, Gale, Orson and Lyon all had a depth to them that is completely absent from the mustache twirlers that are Hans, Jaffar's Parrot, and Garondorf. Doubly so because Garon actually COULD have been handled better if he didn't out to be a slime monster in my opinion. Such is why I generally find Batman to be superior to examples like Wonder Woman or Aquaman, either of which have a lacklustre rogues gallery with a few standouts as opposed to a large one (with admittedly more than a few jokes). The large Rogue Gallery could be seen as an impact on other characters such as Spider-Man or the Flash.

Edited by The Roger The Paladin

You know what time it is.

1. What is life not about?
  2. I feel like I remember you from somewhere. Do I?
  3. Is the innate nature of human kind one of good or one of evil?
  4. Please describe the tactical advantages of the Turtle Ship, as you perceive them.
  5. If you had to choose one food item (beverages are allowed) to be personified into a significant other with which you must spend the rest of your life, what consumable would you choose and why?

6 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

You know what time it is.

1. What is life not about?
  2. I feel like I remember you from somewhere. Do I?
  3. Is the innate nature of human kind one of good or one of evil?
  4. Please describe the tactical advantages of the Turtle Ship, as you perceive them.
  5. If you had to choose one food item (beverages are allowed) to be personified into a significant other with which you must spend the rest of your life, what consumable would you choose and why?

1. Hmmmm ima go with nothing. Life's about everything!
2. You probably do, because I remember you! In my more active days I was probably mostly seen around FE4 Thread and HHH (aside from the even earlier days, when I was all over fftf)
3. I never really saw it as either in particular, I think it just is. But I guess if I had to choose, I'd lean a bit more towards innately good
4. I don't believe I have enough knowledge on that to have any thoughts! The pictures of it that I saw just from searching just now are adorable though. It has lots of legs, so I'd say it'd do great in a leg contest
5. Mochi. Precious and soft and sweet.

Hi

1: What are your first/current impressions of Rezzy?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hi

1: What are your first/current impressions of Rezzy?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1. I don't really remember what my first impressions were, probably doesn't help that you joined around the time that I started becoming less active here with my life drawing my attention elsewhere. But I just know current impressions are that you have cute kids and that you're a great mother who really loves her kids and I respect that
2. My current aspiration is probably to establish myself as an artist and do commissions for people. Getting your foot out there and building a reputation is just the toughest part, but I sure will keep trying!
3. Kids are adorable and great. I'm a little worried about my patience around the ones who haven't learned about not being mean and selfish, though. Integrity definitely wants kids in the future and I'd be willing to try, I just wish I would trust myself as a parent better. I'm probably not as bad as I think I'd be but it'd still be nice to be able to convince myself. I'll be sure to do all the studying I can for it when the time comes!
4. Oh I have a lot of those. I have awful taste! The biggest one is probably that I enjoyed the Twilight books (although not quite as much the movies) and also my name comes from Eragon, which I also hear everybody hates!
5. That one, on the other hand, I'm not sure that I have? But I think the closest I have to that is that I ended up losing interest when I was trying to watch The Legend of Korra. Maybe it's just because I missed the AtLA cast too much? It's been a while since I had tried watching it so I don't actually entirely remember my reason of losing interest in it!

1 minute ago, BLSoldier said:

1: How much do you miss Jenni?

2: Do you still like to wear lolita (or any kawaii) fashion?

3: How's your marriage with Integrity working out?

1. Weeeeell I don't really have to miss her because I get to talk to her on discord! Although, I guess even then she isn't around that often, but that's expected tbh~
2. I do still wear it! Although I can't as much as I used to, I still try to occasionally
3. It's been pretty fantastic! We're both dumb idiots so we're perfect for each other. We've been having great times and some tough and upsetting times (not relationship-wise but life-wise) and I think all of that has just stood to bring us even closer. But also I hyphenated my last name so my name is just EXTRA HUGE when it was already kinda long to begin with and I like that

1. First/Current Impressions of me?
2. Do you mind showing me some of your art?
3. What got you into K-Pop? Or is that J-Pop with boys in it all over your profile and sig (and what got you into that)?
4. How long has the marriage with Integrity been so far?
5. What’s the meaning behind your profile’s name here?

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

1. First/Current Impressions of me?
2. Do you mind showing me some of your art?
3. What got you into K-Pop? Or is that J-Pop with boys in it all over your profile and sig (and what got you into that)?
4. How long has the marriage with Integrity been so far?
5. What’s the meaning behind your profile’s name here?

1. I'm not sure that I've seen much from you! All I remember is learning that you watch shadowofchaos and nominated him for an interview, so, uh... "somebody around that knows of shadowofchaos" \o/?
2. I do not mind! Ima narrow it down by just grabbing the FE related ones
Yune (for a FE Compendium project!): https://66.media.tumblr.com/3b55e685f5ce7fcb64925fd66eba4c1f/tumblr_ovomf3NKG91satc1qo1_1280.png
Cynthia: https://puu.sh/DHPsH.png
Leo: https://66.media.tumblr.com/6675a14d72c2dd7e8a2abc72d6b23591/tumblr_p65fbnKR3a1x3uav4o1_1280.png
Ninian: https://66.media.tumblr.com/e58e11b9ff868c47d6fe3888231fa670/tumblr_p4izxkEd5c1x3uav4o1_1280.png
But I've also had an art style change since those, so here's a bonus fe oc of mine~! https://66.media.tumblr.com/071c1655434c0ae40457f581fa599f93/tumblr_pq6p293DcJ1x3uav4o1_1280.png

I have another FE character drawing in progress that will probably be finished by tomorrow!

3. Integrity and Specta did! Yes it is kpop. I didn't especially get into it until I discovered BTS though, they just so consistently fit my music tastes compared to other kpop groups
4. Just a month short of 2 years now
5. When I first made the name as a young edgy little 14 year old, I thought the name meant Shadow Mists. But Christopher Paolini is not the most consistent with his made up language, and what various sources on the internet seem to tell me is that it actually means Death Mists. Oops. But yeah it's been a handle I've been using for ~11 years now, and the name is never taken ^o^ So I just always use it now!

Edited by Freohr Datia

Hey hey. 😄

1. I previously haven't asked this question at all since I only knew most of the forum denizens here on a limited capacity (i.e, just here and not also on Discord), but I guess I can make an exception now: First impressions of me? Current impression?
  2. How big is your game backlog atm?
  3. How long have you and Integrity been married?
  4. Strange experience involving a pizza?

6 hours ago, BLSoldier said:

4: Opinions on J-pop?

5: Favorite Fire Emblem character?

6: How does it feel to still be active on Serenes Forest after all these years?

4. I listen to some jpop! Some of it's of course not my speed and some of it is really pretty sounding and music I wish I heard more of over in the west. The two main artists I listen to are Kalafina and Kanon Wakeshima
5. Kliff and that's probably largely fe heroes' fault
6. It's always super strange to think about. But like... I just can't break the habit of typing the url even when I don't talk so much, so like... it's probably just going to keep going on longer and longer!

4 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Hey hey. 😄

1. I previously haven't asked this question at all since I only knew most of the forum denizens here on a limited capacity (i.e, just here and not also on Discord), but I guess I can make an exception now: First impressions of me? Current impression?
  2. How big is your game backlog atm?
  3. How long have you and Integrity been married?
  4. Strange experience involving a pizza?

1. I feel awful saying this, I know your name and I've seen you a lot. But my memories on you are just so hazy at this point??? I wanna be more helpful on the time you've made an exception in asking this question ;u; From now on I'm going to have to pay extra special attention to posts made by you in particular
2. I'm pretty confident I have ADD (I just can't say "I have ADD because I'm not diagnosed). My backlog on everything is enormous. But I especially want to stop forgetting that Skyrim exists, because I love love love open world games so I can explore all the pretty scenery and whatnot but I just keep getting distracted by Guild Wars 2 instead

it's been.... like 3-4 years since I had briefly played it.... I want to stop neglecting it BUT I WANNA GET A SKYSCALE IN GUILD WARS OR I WANNA DRAW SOME MORE OR-
3. By next month it'll be 2 years
4. I don't think I've ever had any "strange" experiences! Although I think most would call me eating hawaiian pizza strange because of the pineapple, but it's not something that I mind. The main strange experience was mostly just a kind of icky one when I got to experience what reheated leftover pizza that had dough that wasn't fully cooked the first time felt/tasted like. It was very unpleasant...

also ok people can complain about the forum/ip board updates all they want but we just had a power surge when I almost finished typing this post and I would have lost all my progress had this forum stuck to older versions of ip board

thank you sf

Edited by Freohr Datia